Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

spotkev

haha
that means ur reno started and ended same time as mine le, stayed here straight after. aiyo, so long ur contractor haben resolve it ah

pinklady23

My hubby moved in since late Feb lor...the problem occurs again and again ma..which means their solutions given for the 1st 2 times are not working lor. Now might want them to remove the outer material used for the wall and replace with laminate instead. But that also means my house going to be dirty once again...

beachgirlz

don tell me the long legged spider hv nests all round the estate. tat'll be terrible. so far didn see any spiders in my hse though n hope they don come.

ryan.. i also wan do the shelving but havne settle the door problem. haiz. so u doing wad shape of racking? ur door still can put inside with the racks installed?

spotkev

Val
Though with long legs, U wont see them running around cos these tiny creatures are always hiding at quiet corners. Likelihood you may find a couple too, esp when u do cleaning, ur boxed-up guest room is gd spot for them to spin their web leh

ryanon123

It's hard to spot them because they are really skinny and dont' move. Saw it while cleaning windows at edge between the ceiling and wall. Gently threw it out of the window.
happy.gif

Val,

I'm doing 1 sided shelving only so should be no problem to keep the door too.

ryanon123

Electricity Tariff is going to increase again starting July by 5%. Every quarter they also increase, guess we are not seeing the end yet...

spotkev

ryan
that's very kind of u to gently dispose them to ur neighbour below, haha
i sucked them into my vacuum cleaner, they can spin the web inside
happy.gif

beachgirlz

kevin.. wa liao i hope they're not in my guest room cos i've impt stuffs in there. haha. shall look out for it since all ur hses hv.

ryan.. then can i keep my 1 door in ur HS? whahhahaha

spotkev

btw emailed ceo/hdb to ask whether they could 'buy back' our dismantled toilet door(s) since it is in good condition and we simply don't need it.

in newer hdb (like BTO projects) flats, owners can choose to have the floor tiles and doors fixed at subsidised rates. we have no choice but to accept the flat as it is, so hopefully (though not hoepful, haha) they can do something about our doors.

ryanon123

Angie,

I tried the cake you baked when i was at Val's place last week. WOR, your baking skill not bad hor, it's quite tasty
happy.gif
YUM YUM

alamak333

he he.. thanks ryan for the compliment ;p the shortbread is really easy, so not much skills needed ... i just happened to find a good recipe
happy.gif

next time if we have gathering, i can do bread pudding or souffle cheesecakes ;p

alamak333

eh.. our house also got spideys... and we also found ants!!! I think one part of the parquet skirting in the living room was not done well.. and ants appear in the groove between the skirtings and the skirting and the walls... anyone got tips on how to combat ants? very disturbed by them...
sad.gif

beachgirlz

wa angie

i'm salivating liao reading ur bread pudding n souffle cheesecake haha. i only know how to make 1 type of cake. hehe. next time i wanna try kueh lapis (i know how to make by seeing my MIL make but nv tried it out myself)

beachgirlz

so far didn see any ants in my hse too. maybe we don cook so nothing for them to eat? hehe. angie u try to find their nest n attack them from there. like if its in the groove btw the skirtings, then try to seal that up using filler n sealant.

spotkev

val
i saw tiny ants at bathrooms, near waste trap, suspect they might have crawled in from the windows.

quite strange that your hse has neither spiders nor ants. or u can take a closer look this wkend ard ur hse. mayb these creatures dun like country-style hse leh
happy.gif

spotkev

oh, val
as for baked salmon
got the receipe ready, but was jio-ed for crabs last wkend, so no chance to buy ingredients.
was planning for this wkend, but later decided to do an extensive spring-cleaning before grace returns. so likely to meet more spidey and anty frens along the way
happy.gif

spotkev

btw saw these infant ants around the hse, so tiny and translucent in body, that they appear whitish, thought kanna termites in hse, faint liao if white army invades

beachgirlz

hmm maybe huh.. so country style hse is gd hahaha. i tink it shd be becos we don cook ba. both u n angie cook/bake, so tend to attract insects more?

by the way when u leaving for cambodia?

ryanon123

Angie,

thought bali thai house and ants comes as a package? it wouldn't be natural without the ants.. hee hee

I haven't notice ants either, perhaps i haven't cook or eat anything yet there. I think if your neighbour upstair, downstair and next to you are clean, chances you will not get so many insects problems.

beachgirlz

kevin.. no la... juz ask. neighbourly concern la.. whahahah

angie

REALLY?? ok.. sure jio u cos i no oven hahaha. i can provide the recipe but its quite messy cos when my MIL do it, i help a bit n try to write too. let me try to get the recipe in order then we try it out together hehe. hmm its not a lot of work really, if ur oven is suitable for it.

ryanon123

what is lapis?

if you all are doing it, must let me know .. i will be there to take the first taste to ensure it is safe for you to eat it.
happy.gif

beachgirlz

ryan

kueh lapis is thousand layer cake (qian cheng gao). hahaha sure. when we wanna do we will inform u to come help out.. then 1st slice let u try. lol.

ryanon123

oh i thnk i know what it is .. my colleague always asked me if i want to buy @ $20/box. Think they ordered it from Batam.

and only the 1st slice huh? Ha ha

beachgirlz

heeh whyme.. me also waiting for 6pm to come
happy.gif

ryan.. ur colls order food from batam often??? or they go there often?? i wan a certain keropok from there! not only the 1st slice la.. but the 1st slice is for u. hahaha. in exchange for washing up after we bake? hehe

crazygirl48

OMG!
Hubby will be in shock for the 2nd time this week...
Cos last 2 weeks, the MSCP he is using now at his current home, got a brand new SUV gone missing!
It was reported in wanbao or sinming papers...
I thought car can go missing in JB or missing in Malaysia...
imagine happened in a HDB MSCP... -_-""

ahockz

can know how is the wooden door look like? can i buy them? i hunt for bedroom doors. YS side all the door look like those old store, not nice de.

spotkev

*irritated*
just when i thought the spoilt metal door latch episode had ended, then realised my common toilet wc started to leak... sianz

worker just came and repaired. according to him, there were easily 20 similar cases (leaking wc) before me, some were worse (both toilets' wc were leaking)

as our toilets were prefabricated off-site, the wc (toilet bowl) has a pvc pipe that is attached to the wall. if the silicon is not applied properly, resulting lobang somewhere, it might leak when u flush the wc. that's what happened to mine. started to leak at the pvc pipe hidden below the water tank..

ryanon123

Kevin,

It's worrying at the number of defects coming off you. Can't imagine if i would face those when i moved in.

As per discussed a couple of weeks ago, i went and open the top part of the windows to let the air flow. This weekend i went back, gosh at the amount of dust accumulated on the table top. Is it a better idea to close it totally?

I took a look at the extra wood door i kept in the bomb shelter. OMG, the whole door becomes very mouldy! I guess because it have no air flow. Would it affect the house if we shut all the windows? I think i better dump the door soon. Can't face the mouldy look again.

Better to leave it half open then.. HA HA

ryanon123

Btw if you takes premium bus 502 to work, i read in today's paper that the price is going to be increase by 20% from $3 to $3.60 don't knw starting from when...

everything going up.

ryanon123

from my friend who works @ JP. JP will have a new food area at the basement named as Osake Food Street. It will be opened by July and one of the tenants is Kushin Bo... the rest not sure but then all will be selling Japanese stuffs.

Then we will also have a NTUC Hypermarket at the new extention which will operating 24 hours.

JP already had quite an extensive number of food outlets, i think we will be spoilt for choices soon
happy.gif

spotkev

*yawn*annoyed*

just dropped defence minister a very long email. very annoyed that the planes/choppers are disturbing the neighbourhood. at times we have these machinese roaring above us at nights after 10pm, but this morning as early as 8am, we had half a dozen idiots who flew past us.

i thought we are spare from these noise on weekends? on sat ok lah, but 8am on sun morning, that's unacceptable.

spotkev

oh, yup, could see the japanese food street is going to open soon in july. the entrance is just besides the current jap restaurant at basement 1, guess its biz will be affected soon.

seems like the JP extension wk is progressing well, eagerly awaiting its completion
happy.gif

spotkev

ryan
after spring cleaning yesterday, closed all top-hung windows. cos when opened, the top-hung will be at an angle that allows dust to be accumulated on the panel, very dusty le, so close all top-hung liao.

instead i'll still keep casement windows ajar for air circulation.

tried in past to shut all windows, still got dust in my console and table. might as well keep the windows ajar, see no difference. but of course there should be less dust if u shut all windows. no prob for me since i do cleaning weekly.

btw, came across as many as a dozen daddy long legs yesterday during spring cleaning, simply irritating esp with their webs spinned all over the place
sad.gif

spotkev

ryan
ya lo, disturbing.
not just defects that we have to surface before and during reno. but also glitches that may appear when u move in. hoepfully no more liao, damaged metal gate latch, leaking wc, dunno what's next. if wanna come, come early, at least we have the service centre at our neighbourhood, can rectify the prob easily.

spotkev

ryan
my 2 doors in bomb shelter are still perfectly fine le, is urs mouldy or dusty? strange that there is mould since the shelter should be deprived of humidity

the only concern i have abt the bomb shelter is the stagnant odour in it.