Bali

rc123

I am still going. And staying in Kuta too
happy.gif

sputnik

Hi little lamb,

When u going and which hotel u staying at? Me also going in 2 weeks time, have not confirmed hotel yet.

rc123

Hi Sputnik,

I'm gg in 2 Nov. I've booked Mercure Kuta and Tegal Sari in Ubud. Will be staying there for 1 week. So u intend to book your hotel there?

sputnik

Hi little lamb,

I've just confirmed my accomodation. So coincidence, i also staying at Mercure Kuta, but going earlier than you and staying 3 nites. This is my 3rd time in bali.

homeangel120

Hi, May i know how much does it cost roughly per person for a 2N/3D trip to bali with air ticket? I m planning to give my hubby a bday surprise tis november. Thanks
happy.gif

ice99

Hi there, I will be going bali mid nov, any recoomendations for hotels and for those who just came back after the bombing, hows the crowd over there now. thanks

btw, SIA having promotion now at 98per person

precious_02

Hi, any one has stayed in Kuta paradiso hotel at Tuban?
any comments on the mecure hotel?
contemplating which hotel to booked leh.. Mercure is 4 stars whereas Paradiso is 5 stars.. and price is only $15 differences per pax for 3N stay..

endaz

Hi
SQ having bali promotion $98 these 2 days for travel before 27 April. Do check it out.
We went bali 2 wks back,had great fun. Spent only $5SGD each for 2 hrs of surfing course and surfing. Hired a van at S$60/day/9hrs. Went ard the temple, volcano area, Monkey temple etc.

Bought some shorts at S$4 each, good buy.

The accomodation we stayed at was pretty lousy.

starmed

gal
which accom did u stay? planning to stay in Ubud area...

thanks for your info but can't take the promo lah... we planning to go in sep/oct only...:p

the van u drove ard by yourselves or got a guide?

chanelion

Hi Gals,
I just came back from Bali Today
happy.gif

I have a wonderful time there.

I booked for ten days over a few places.
The 1st and 2nd nites I was in Ubud, 3rd & 4th nitse in Kuta and at the end 6 nites in Seminyak.

In Ubud, the resort that I booked (thru internet) it was a bit outskirt. Well i didn't know untill I was there. But the resort was quite ok.

As for Kuta, I booked at Bakung Sari. The hotel was so so.. But very near to the Kuta Town and beach.

In Seminyak I booked at Contiki Resort. It was excellent place to stay because their concepts is someting like Club Med. They have activities and B/fast & Dinner are inclusive in their package.

After typing this, I wish to go back to Bali again..

starmed

hi chanel
glad u like Bali..
happy.gif
btw..I was thinking of just staying at a hotel..since we planning to go for only 3 nites... we plan to stay in ubud...u have any idea how much is the taxi fare to kuta from ubud?

chanelion

Hi Star *
My driver charged me only Rp180 000. Infact this driver was quite honest. I did some survey by asking around, they quoted me Rp360 000. (I think they charged me (to and fro) Ubud-Kuta-Ubud, instead of One way. For your info Ubud to Kuta will takes at least an hour to reach.

Gals, if you are going to Bali, U need to have a good bargaining power! If u able to speak Bahasa, it will added advantage to your trip.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers

zenn

Gals,

If going only for 3 nites, which area/hotel would you recommend? Think kuta is more popular?

starmed

zenn
if u want more night life n happening places..think Kuta's the place... Ubud is more like a rustic n spa haven...
happy.gif
when u planing to go? I'm also looking at 3 nites..
happy.gif

Chanel
thanks for the info..
happy.gif
another question, the driver u toking abt charges u Rp180000 for to n fro? wow...where u find such lobang? u bargain wif Bahasa isit?

chanelion

Star*
I asked the resort for transport. (FYI i'm using the mini van since only the two of us). His van was not very new but clean-I mean overall I'm glad I took him. We used him for our 1st and 2nd night while we were in Ubud. Pls make sure U visit the Ubud Mkt. The price is much more cheaper than Kuta! Even Sukowati Mkt was quite good too. If u like pork or you want to try their local food, one of the place U should not missed is Ibu Oka @ Babi Guling-Even the local/tourist will go there (not a very nice environment but at least we tried). Is very near to Ubud Mkt (walking distance about 2-3 min). oh.. open from 10am till maybe 3pm. They called it Suckling Pig but I don't think they roast as good as our Chinese style suckling pig. If u r there just try it for Lunch. At least if someone ask u whether u did try their local food u can say Yes. But is all up to you.

Another place u should have your Dinner is the "Dirty Duck Diner" in Bebek Bengil. This is a proper Restaurant. (That provided if u eat Duck). They also served pork if u don't eat duck. This place always full. If u can make reservation that would be great. If not go there early say bout 6pm and have dinner. Find a place next to the paddy field somewhere deep in the restaurant (that's why I sat) Is so romantic.
happy.gif

Yes, the trip was one way for me (Ubud-Kuta). But i did gave him some tips as I feel bad as he need to trvl back to Ubud (he lived in Ubud) and he is not earning much. The rest of the taxi/mini van are just charging me ridiculous high! If u need his contact do let me know. I think I still have it in my bag.

starmed

Chanel
wah!!thanks for the valuable info...
happy.gif
hmm.. is it possible u PM me his contact? the dirty duck dinner sounds good..
happy.gif
the babi place also seem nice to try out..
happy.gif

zenn

Hi starstar,

Think I chat wif you b4 rite? Looking at either May or Jul. How abt you? Shortlisted any resorts? Kuta dun ve very nice resorts ya? Considering either 3 nites at Mercure kuta or 2nites kuta and another 2 nites another beach.

Any recommendation ladies?

starmed

zenn
think so...keke..forum so big...:p maybe..
happy.gif

hey since u going in may/jul..can grab the jetstar promo...
happy.gif
think it's real cheap..
happy.gif

me going only in sep/oct... hee..not planning to stay in juta...planning to just 'nua' in Ubud..:p

me tned to book thru asiarooms... www.asiarooms.com
u can go to their website n browse thru..so many hotels...spoilt for choice...
happy.gif

zenn

Hi star,

Ya promo is cheap but reach at nite leh. I search thro the website n see till blur haha Which resort you shortlisted?

zenn

For those who stayed in Mercure, any comments? Travel agent recommended Bali Dynasty instead. Anyone stayed there b4?

Btw how long is the journey fm kuta to ubud n how much?

starmed

zenn
haha..your question..think chanel answered...cos I asked the same ques bef..:p

"For your info Ubud to Kuta will takes at least an hour to reach.My driver charged me only Rp180 000. Infact this driver was quite honest. I did some survey by asking around, they quoted me Rp360 000. (I think they charged me (to and fro) Ubud-Kuta-Ubud, instead of One way." => according to chanel...
happy.gif

alot of hotel hor...keke.me shortlist a few...think change of plans...not going to ubud liao.. but going to sanur..thinking of staying at Sri Phala Resort & Villa hotel... :p

chanel
u been to sanur? thik it's nearer to kuta from sanur than ubud... :p

zenn

Starstar,

Are you going to book on your own or package? Seems like most of the direct timing not very good leh.

Btw Jetstar having promo. Book from 24 -30 April 2006 to and enjoy Bali from $59 for travel between 1 Jul 2006 and 30 Sep 2006!

starmed

zenn
yup..planning to book on my own..
happy.gif
hey thanks for the info..toto it's only valid for travel until jul...
happy.gif
wait for my hubby to come back from overseas first then can ask him liao..
happy.gif

u? flying there by SQ or another airline?

zenn

Hi starstar,

SQ no promo leh. The rest of the direct flight all fly in the evening. If taking Guaruda in the morn has to transit n apparently beside Jetstar, if getting tix oni not v worth. Haiz...

For those who just went, did you all book direct or thro travel agents?

chanelion

Starstar,
I have pics of the Babi Guling and Dirty Duck Diner dish that we ordered. But I can't upload the attachment as it exceded the size.

If you interested to see the pics pls let me know.

The driver name is Wayan Suka. h/p no. +6281338640415. I am not sure will you get the same fare as me or not as during my time in Bali (Apr' 06) it was a off peak season. If you are going Peak period the fare might increase. Well I guess this is very common everywhere else If you are a Tourist. (Sorie I dunno what is PM as you might aware I'm a new member to this site.)

I didn't stay in Sanur but I did pass by that area. I think that area is something like Ubud. Quite and of co'z, not as Happening as Kuta. Kuta u can see lots of "Amoh" with lots of Pubs & Bars surrounding Kuta.

Sorie Can't help much on the hotel that u gals mentioned. But I still prefered Contiki in Seminyak. FYI, They have age limits for this resort is between 18-35. Cost is USD45 per person and they are having promo at Buy one nite Free one night. If u need the website for this resort let me know. I will search dig out my brochures.

Gals enjoy ya, as I enjoy myself to the fullnest.

Cheers

chanelion

Starstar,
I have pics of the Babi Guling and Dirty Duck Diner dish that we ordered. But I can't upload the attachment as it exceded the size.

If you interested to see the pics pls let me know.

The driver name is Wayan Suka. h/p no. +6281338640415. I am not sure will you get the same fare as me or not as during my time in Bali (Apr' 06) it was a off peak season. If you are going Peak period the fare might increase. Well I guess this is very common everywhere else If you are a Tourist. (Sorie I dunno what is PM as you might aware I'm a new member to this site.)

I didn't stay in Sanur but I did pass by that area. I think that area is something like Ubud. Quite and of co'z, not as Happening as Kuta. Kuta u can see lots of "Amoh" with lots of Pubs & Bars surrounding Kuta.

Sorie Can't help much on the hotel that u gals mentioned. But I still prefered Contiki in Seminyak. FYI, They have age limits for this resort is between 18-35. Cost is USD45 per person (Eqv USD90/day) and they are having promo at Buy one nite Free one night. If u need the website for this resort let me know. I will have a search to my bag.

Gals enjoy ya, as I enjoy myself to the fullnest.

Cheers

dreamdoll

Hi Zenn,

I just got back from Bali
happy.gif
Stayed at Mercure and it was quite nice. I found the location of the hotel to be good, Kuta beach is right in front of it. The pool must have been the highlight, overlooking the Kuta beach from the 4th floor
happy.gif
Sunset at Kuta is beautiful!

Bali was quite enjoyable for me, wanted to visit Dirty Duck but wasn't quite sure how to get there...

Hey Chanel, can you email me the Dirty Duck pics?
happy.gif
I should visit the place the next time I'm in Bali. [email protected]
Thanks!

suetan

Hi Gals,

Can advise if we need to convert us$ or to rupiah? cos I heard some places or tours charge in US$

zenn

Hi dreamdoll,

Did you book thro package and how much you paid? Btw you have any photos to share? Or just the hotel rooms?

dreamdoll

Hi suelynn
The tours accept the rupiah equivalent of amounts in USD.

Hi zenn
I booked at the Natas fare, and for accomodation only I paid S$160 including transfers, daily breakfast, free lunch, 2 hour spa package...

364037.jpg

Only have a pic of the poolside overlooking Kuta Beach from the 4th floor. Rooms are comfortable, just a slight woody smell when you enter.
happy.gif
But given the reasonable price and good location, we would go back again when we next visit Bali.

dreamdoll

Hi Zenn

We took SQ...but yea Natas had quite good promo, if you check out Asiaroom.com, I think price should be competitive also, but without the extras we had.

When are you going to bali?
happy.gif

zenn

Hi dreamdoll,

Looking at may but hb still cant confirm leave. Cannot decide on resort hee But I realised Bali resorts not as nice as Thailand?

starmed

zenn
thnaks for the links...hmmm..think it all depnds on whic resorts u going...I'll think that both bali n thai got nice resorts lah... maybe we r looking at the wrong one in bali? :p

for me, going to fly wif jetstar... still not confirm which date though...

chanel
can send your pics to [email protected] thanks gal!!
happy.gif
oh ya..need to thank u for the contacts too..
happy.gif

starmed

zenn
yup... checked wif other airlines liao..also abt same timing one... leave in afternoon kind... so might as well take jetstar..:p anyway there departure from bali also late...keke.. so it's knida of 'balance out' ...
happy.gif
think leave there ard 7 or 8pm..reach back home ard 10pm..
happy.gif