Aussino

miraclecraz

Hi,

Recently I bought a lot of stuff from Aussino as well.. u named it. I have it. But their towels sucks! It is unable to absorb water and there's this 'fur-like' thing which keeps coming off like wat many of u have descibe as above. But their quilt n covers are really nice.

aquarius_888

Have to agree the towels shed a lot but absorbency will improve after a few wash. The initial stage really cannot abosrb water. I tried Esprit one, quite good.

miss_bitch

I've been using Aussino for the past 4 yrs and I think their designs are very nice. No problem with my quilt covers or fitted sheets so far. Have bought one towel recently and there were lint over my face as well
sad.gif
But the Inspire 6 pcs towel set which I bought last time were ok. Liked their cotton sateen range very much. Very nice to sleep on. And their sleepwear has nice designs too. Check it out!

muffingan

Hi all,

We also bought most of the range fm Aussino, for our new hse. Have already got 2 set of quilt and 2 set of fitted sheets and bath/face towels recently. We like their design and the price is very afforable esp during sales. This wkend, there is 40% storewide for members only.

But, we yet to try their bedsheets/ towels for quality.

makino

Hi afcai,

Have been eyeing at the Prosperity Fountain set, but the price doesn't seem to be cheaper leh.. Is it part of the buy 2 get 3rd set free?

afcai

Hi tsukushi,
No, not eyeing for anything, just receive the e-newsletter fr Aussino so just posted it here. Last time, I got the pillow for $1 (usual $9.90) , only release 100 pillow per store for its members. quite worth the price pay.

vonn

Hi Hi,

I also a lover of Aussino stuffs, so far so good and pleased with the quilt cover and fitted sheets and quilt....but didnt buy the towels so far.
I have a set of spice garden queen size quilt
cover and fitted for sale, anyone keen can take a look at this link.
http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/93176791?aucview=0x30
Reason to sell is this set doesnt match my room as i bought it before reno.
selling cheap at $50 for quilt and fitted sheet.

vonn

tsukushi,

dnt think its the buy 2 and get 3rd one free.
Wat size and colour u are keen in? My friend for have bought the propersity fountain quilt cover for her wedding but the hubby comment its too chee na and doesnt like it and she thought of selling it away.

makino

Just went to the store to check out the prosperity fountain quilt cover and it's still the same old price...
vonn, thanks for asking, but we are still looking around for other designs too...

mooniiie

hi vonn,

wat is the threadcount?
how many times have you washed it?

mind sending me the pics?
coz i can't access yahoo website now...
thks =)

vonn

Hi mooniie,

Its brand new and above 225 threadcount....
can give me yr email id to send the pics?

muffingan

Hi all,

we have tried our Prosperity Fountain set bed sheets set. It is really very beautidul after laying out on our new bed. Really comfty. But one thing to complain is the matching red "Xi" towel range. The red fur of the towel will stick to our body.

starmed

Hi all
got to luv Aussino's bed sheets after I got a bed sheets from them... think it was the 400 thread count sateen collection ones... been using them for sometime... no problems wif washing. No 'lumpy' surfaces after washes... also real comfy to sleep in...;p think the bed linens are fine but the towels are not..shred alot.

bohluiliao

hi moonie,

just bought a set of queen fitted sheets comes with 2 pillow cases and 1 bloster case. After discount $48 :eek: Bought it immediately. Yes its cotton satin bout 350 cotton thread.

Learnt from my mum when buying bedsheet, always go for cotton sateen cos its durable and resistance to constant wash and wear.. Normal yarn dye will become Kiam Chye after several wash.. Bottomline, must feel the material.. must be smooth as silk to touch and cotton must be strong enough (ie stretch the cotton abit).. All the while for my bedsheet i have been buying cotton sateen.. it lasts..

You can still go down to Aussino to have alook but was quite disappointed that all queen size bedsheets are quite limited.. mostly king size.. btw the shop i went to last weekend is at paragon.. You may want to try other outlets.

Good luck.. cheers.

mooniiie

hi lui lui,

thks for your tips!
erm but cotton creases easily rite??
how to "solve" this "problem"?

by the way, is sateen a brand (such as friven, etc), or is it a model/series (whereby some brands will have)?

bohluiliao

Hi moonie,

u r welcome. Yes, cotton creases easily especially its use for bedsheet..After u wake up u tk alook at the bedsheet.. Very messy like kiam chye like tat.

No way to resolve this problem unless you starch the cotton but nobody does that leh..very uncomfortable leh. Imagine u sleeping a starch cotton, wont feel comfortable lor.

Cotton sateen is not a brand i guess, its a type of name given as it has a sheen on top of the cottn.. Thus cotton sateen.. Imagine satin cloth.. similar concept except that its cotton base.

Most bedsheet brands does have cotton sateen.. Just look at the specs for each bedsheet.. Brands that i usually buy is Cannon (Old brand) now rename to Atelier something like that.. cant remember liao..

Go to taka or robinson, go round all the bedsheet brand, most of the brand have cotton sateen type..

I rather buy something that last rather than keeps on changing or buying new sheets.. siong on the pocket.. Hope this helps.

starmed

mooniie
keke...guess lui lui answer your queries..;p

lui lui
wah u really a guru in bed sheets....
happy.gif
next time i know who to ask liao...;p

bohluiliao

hi star,

haha.. i am flattered :p

Basically i learnt all these things from my mum. Believe it or not, those bedsheets that my mum choose for my single bed when i am not married yet are all cotton sateen, life of the bedsheet that it can last - more than 5 yrs to 8yrs.. haha.. the best part besides its durable, the bedsheet gets smoother and smoother.. very nice to feel like silk..

So now i am married and shopping with my wife, i normally go for cotton sateen.. its soft, smooth to touch, durable.. haha.. i love it especially clean sheets when you lie on the bed.. wahhh.. shiok man..

most important of all is the material, cotton thread.. i always open the pack and feel the whole bedsheet..

One more important thing i learn,if you are buying fitted sheets, if can open up in full, stretch the band (i call it rubber band).. It must be strong else after long usage, it will get loose and it will not fit that well too..

Hopefully i have give you guys some tips when buying bedsheet. Cheers and happy shopping

mooniiie

hi starstar,

heheheh yup lui lui is really the bedsheets guru!

hi lui lui,

the thread count you mentioned (350) is per square feet or per cm square?
coz when i go looking around, i see these 2 different units of measurement, and for the same "texture" (supposedly), the per cm square no. is higher than that of the per square feet.
i realized coz sometimes i see same thread count, but it's different to my touch... one will be smoother than the other =)

jozy

Just want to share, I bought the cotton sateen bedsheets as well, love it alot.

but last night, i discover that my hb's pillowcase had discoloured on areas where our cheeks would lay on the pillow....It now has orangy patches....

I am suspecting it's the chemical reaction as my hb would apply pimple cream before bedtime... so sad now discoloured.

we bought the dark khaki colour

bohluiliao

Hi moonie

i think the cotton thread is base on either per cm square rather than per square feet.. if its 350 cotton thread per square feet, theoritically its much lesser cotton thread as compared to per cm square.

I do agree with you that most of the information printed on the bedsheet did not mention much if cotton thread is base on per cm square or per square feet..

Per square feet is 30cm by 30cm.. Compare it with per 1 cm by 1cm. If 350 cotton thread on psf then its definitely lesser cotton thread thus different touch..

I have seen Egyptian cotton on one particular brand, 450+ cotton thread on cotton sateen.. Super duper smooth to touch.. Price also super duper siong on pocket..

This i still cant confirm though but weekend if i go shopping i will take alook and feedback to you guys.. Cheers

mooniiie

hi ryes,

maybe can try not applying the pimple cream and see if it's really due to that?
is there a possibility that it's due to "friction"?

hi lui lui,

thks for your invaluable info!
so which means more cotton smoother and softer ya!
hehhe okie i'll try when i go shopping next time.

bohluiliao

Hi moonie,

Sure no problem. Good things must share share :D

You will definitely prefer cotton sateen to normal cotton yarn dye.. Although price for cotton sateen may be slightly more expensive than normal bedsheets but its worth it..

Happy shopping.

starmed

thanks lui lui for the tips...didn't know much abt bed sheets till later stages.
happy.gif
One thing I defintely know is those cotton yarn ones are not as comfy n smooth to touch as cotton sateen... simply luv the feel everytime I lie on the bed...
happy.gif
keke..didn't expect u to be a guy...
happy.gif
one knowledgeable one...
happy.gif

jozy

hi mooniiie,

but the stains already there, cannot be removed. so sad. only way is to buy the pillowcase to change it.

The cottoon sateen that I bought is for bedsheets and quilt cover. Very smooth to touch indeed.

bohluiliao

Hi moonie,

Cotton sateen is for both bedsheet and quilt cover. I very scare of heat thus most of the time i dont use quilt or blanket.. haha.. imagine using quilt or blanket its like cling wrap leh.. haha buring of fats inside blanket..

Hi Star,

No prb. Yup cotton yarn dye is definitely not as comfy as cotton sateen.. haha.. i am not surprise you mistake me as a woman at 1st :p ps.. i learn all these from my mum.. kekeke..

Happy shopping. Cheers

miss_bitch

Just went down to Aussino store yesterday. Saw they have this wedding set from Inspire range. Call "Happy Couple" lilac color. Not those cheena type. Quite cute. Cheaper than the Prosperity Fountain. Think only $79 for both queen & king size quilt cover.

fcc

Hi Miss B,

Yup, I saw that too. Wanted to get it for my wedding but its not applicable for any discounts at all. So means you have to pay the full price of $79. Cos I tried to buy with my aussino birthday discount but was told by the staff, I can't even get the membership discount of 15%.

miss_bitch

Hi Agape,
Guess you don't have much of a choice. Anyway, don't seem to see any nice wedding designs for other brands. This design belong to their promo range so no further discount i think. Might as well get it
happy.gif

adathong

Hi ladies,

out of curiousity, does anyone know the displays of 4 poster beds at aussino outles where can buy similar types?