Aussino

obride

anybody bought aussino ribed towels? lots of lint came out when i washed it first time.... not sure how to explain.... but there were alot of towel bits inside the washing machine..... is it normal?

amie

I've tried aussino blanket.
Used it for less than a month...every morning I'll find my parquet floor full of lint... now the blanket is put away in the wardrobe, I don't even dare to wash it!

obride

yucky,... so awful...... not cheap right? think i'd skip aussino towels and blankets for now..... how about the bedsheets or quilts, quilt covers,...

happybride

their bedsheet comes in funny combination....
either bedsheet + pillow case (without quilt cover)
or quilt cover + pillow case (without bedsheet)

pepper

i bought the ribbed towels too but have not washed them yet. but it is quite nice to touch and thick. the price is so cheap. $6 for bath, face and hand towel.

i also like their floor mat but mostly sold out already.

pepper

i think their bedsheet are quite alright. my HB is so lazy to change the quilt cover for 1 1/2 month and it still was alright didnt get those small "lumps" of materials like some cheap bedsheet and after washing not much lint and quite ok. i am referring to the cheap one btw during promotion. now sleeping on the good ones which was given 30% off . usual price $149. very good to sleep on
happy.gif

wenn

hi obrider,
i gave up on my aussino towels liao
uhoh.gif

my solution is to not wash it with clothes or other bedsheets. i will just wash them separately lor.

1 of my bedsheets were covered with lint after i washed it together with the towels.
angry.gif
oso, i've got lint all over the bedroom floor!

anyway, their bedsheets have 200+ thread count & still a bit rough
sad.gif
i would be changing to other brands of bedsheet from now on. i quite like martex as my simmons mattress is 12" thick, so need bigger sheets
happy.gif

cat_tail

I would not advise you to get anything from Aussino. I bought towels, fitted sheets, quilt cover, floor mat... etc. Anything you can think of, I have it! Really sucks! The colors will come out if you soak for a while. As for the towels, all the furs stuck onto my clothings. Messy~

obride

wenn, i always wash towels separately.... din have this problem with the aussino classic towels though... din expect this with aussino leh. thot it emphasize on quality one????

i think 200+ thread count is considered quite rough la.... my experience is if want smoother one, must go for 300 and above. they have a sateen collection which is 400 thread count... that should be luxurious...

shook

The color of my quil cover n pillow cover runs after washing. I used it once n it looks faded now

naturally

I have both their sateen collection fitted sheets and the normal ones of 200+ threadcounts... there is a big difference, the sateen one which is 400 threadcount, is so much more comfy! No problems with ausinno bedlinen, but i agree that their towels have a major "shedding" problem... gotta wash separately lor!

lilac

I agree that the 400 threadcount bed linen really makes a lot of difference. As for the normal 260 threadcount ones, I find that the colours run when you wash them, some parts of the bedsheets will be stained with other colours.

I am using their Down/Feather quilt, no problem so far.

Oh ya, and nice lingerie they have too
happy.gif

wenn

hi obrider,
ic ic... i always thot that aussino stuffs are of higher quality.

my aussino cotton quilt is working fine although i haven't washed it yet... i had the double happiness bedsheet set for my wedding, i think 300+ thread count... quite good but the burgundy colour runs
sad.gif

so far, after 3 washes, my dark red towel is still shedding, although the colour no longer runs...
uhoh.gif

i might take a look at the sateen sheets when my birthday comes around as i got their member card....

piper

hi,

I'm using the aussino 100% duck down quilt and I realise tat there's some really tiny feathers flying around my room whenever i make the bed. Does anyone face the same prob?

hoshi5

So it's more advisable to get those with 300+ thread count?

But it's so funny...
Their bedsheet set comes with fitted bedsheet and pillow case but their quilt cover set comes with quilt and pillow... then how to buy one set?

piper

Hi hoshi,

there's really alot of diff for those with 250, 300 and 400 threadcount.

I have 2 set of bedsheets (both sets are 100% pure cotton) - one with 250 threadcount & the other with 400 threadcount. You can really feel the comfyness of the one with 400 threadcount & in comparison, the one with 250 threadcount is a bit rough to touch.

choco

oh no!
i just bought 4 sets of towels from aussino!
sad.gif

and also bought their fitted sheet & quilt cover!

Thought their stuff shd be of reasonable quality?!

happybride

hi hoshi5

so i ended up not buying from them, think some other 'ang mo' brands oso got this problem of hving either bedsheet or quilt cover only

lilac

Actually what you can do is to get separate fitted sheets in plain colours so that you can use them with those quilt cover sets which comes with only quilt cover, pillow & boster case. That can look quite nice too.

piper

hi hi,

most departmental stores will sell plain bedsheet. Even Spotlight also. But I have not tried the bedsheet from Spotlight....dunno if they are any good.

hoshi5

I think I saw the plain bedsheet from aussino as well...

At the price of roughly $99 for queen size quilt cover wtih threadcount 260, that means it's quite expensive given all ur comments har?....

But I'm really enticed on their designs...really nice!

inlove

Hi,

I bought most of my stuff for Aussino too. I have not use the bedlinen yet. I bought 2 sets of quilt cover and bed sheets from there. The cotton sateen and the white wedding linen. I love the design of their beddings. I bought 2 sets of towels from there. The classic ones and I have experienced no trouble with color running and thread coming out. I have use them for a couple of months now and machine wash frequently
happy.gif
Think its the length of washing. I usually use the shortest time sloth on my machine
happy.gif
I use their silk quilt too and was very good.

sept03bride

Hi piper,
i also bought their duck/feather comforter and the feathers were all over my bedroom floor
So angrified, so i wrote an email in to complain. Result was i got to exchange it.
Heehee i tot i was the oni 1 who was having this problem...

mayng

oh dear.. me not again the last one to know.. i just went Aussino on sunday and bought abt 200+ worth of things...

keiki

sigh my classic towels have lint that keep coming off, it's more than 3 washes by now i tink, i dun even there use it to wipe my face coz the last time i did, the lint went into my eyes, very terrible. and the towels don't really absorb water well. lint all over my parquet floor as well!! really regret buying aussino towels, wish i saw this forum earlier. was very attracted by the colours and price lah, but it's not even as user-friendly as the ones my mum gets from ntuc.

milo66

same problem here. the last time i wipe myself using the aussino bath towel, i ended up looking alittle 'blue' cause the lint came out and stuck onto my wet body. yucks! after many washes, still drop all over the place. i now downgrade the bath towel and use it for my doggy bedding.

afcai

so far the face towel and another middle size towel which I used to lay on my pillow are ok. I got no problem after washing it.

tulip94

any experience wth the quilt cover? i intend to get the quilt cover col. black and white only? not sure how many thread but i think it's abt $140++. Appreciate any advises you may share with me. Thanks.
happy.gif

rosey

Hi Tulip,
The quilt cover to me so far is good as it as brought it two years ago and I still using it despite washing it every week.
I find it lasting

peeper

the quilt cover tat i've bought.. somehow juz hv lint coming out... n it seems forever... neverending... its very bad when i first started using it... a peep under the floor of my bed.. u can see a layer of lint !! even my toilet floor turns pink too.. cos lint flies everywhere...

told myself i will not buy another aussino quilt cover

marble

I am looking for a quilt which is suitable for use with or without aircon on at night (my bedroom is very windy at night and most of the time no aircon is needed).

I've been to aussino and am lost as to which type of quilt filling to choose - silk, down, cotton, 7hole cotton, etc. Can someone pls advise what wud be a good choice? I'm considering the 7hole thing but concerned it'll be too hot and not breathable??

magix

marble, i oso bought from aussino... i was oso at a lost how to select. however the sales asst was very helpful. i cant rem wat i bought but it will b suitable 4 use wif or w/o aircon. when the weather is warm, the quilt will "adjust" itself and cool the users, when the weather is cold, the quilt will keep us warm. sounds miraculous? hahahaa
lol.gif
not sure how true though since i haven used yet.

u can chk wif them. i am sure they will b more than willing to help u!
happy.gif

imac

hey all

got to hear positive & negative feedback too..quite a contradicting and confusing thing huh, as i'm sourcing on which brand to purchase. so will open to other brands.

initially aussino used to portray as a high brand. reckon certain batches of the products face quality problem.

anyway, they offer frequent promotions over these few years. so for good buy for those on better budget..

avocado

i am Aussino supporter. Bot all the bedsheets,quilt covers & quilt.Like the quality,very smooth.

Another brand is Friven...their designs r simple & very good qualities.

marble

magix, yours sound like silk filling? the premium one (ie most expensive one) right?

i've spoken to a few assistants in different aussino stores. now deciding between 100% cotton or the summer silk (thinner than normal silk quilt). anyone used the summer silk?

you r right avocado. their 225 threadcount is even more comfortable than the sintex 280 count i have. V smooth...

magix

yeah, avocado... me a aussino fan as well... everything from them. hahaha.. not all but more than 90%! heee
lol.gif
to me, its such a headache to get from different shops. since i can get almost everything (incldg rags) there, why not? save me alot of hassle!

marble, i dunno wat is mine. but yes, i think its the exp one... somemore its king size! wah.... siong leh.
lame.gif
i spent more than $500 on a trip there coz i was preparing it 4 our new bed. hahaha... so i juz seek help from the asst. haven even used any items yet coz still waiting 4 our bed to arrive and then sleep on it after AD, then can tell whether theirs is good. but so far i bought bedsheets and quilt cover that has more than 260 threadcounts... i think...

blessed

i'v been using aussino since abt 3yrs back coz i like their simple designs and smooth bedspread. but i find now their quality not as good as last time loh.

yurii

i have been buying friven brand since i started buying bedsheets... find them soft and smooth and will not become coarse after washing... another brand that i found gd is something called cosy/cozy... king koil is banned in my list as they become coarse after washing.. i am lucky to have bought their pillow cases cover to try...
happy.gif

bookworm

aiyo, my goodness, i just bought 6 towels from aussino at sun tec, they having 50% sales lah...alamak, die liao.

ok,pls help me understand, how many threadcounts is good and comfortable, even if we do not use aircon for aussino,.
went to suntec branch, think the salesgirl is more interested in ironing the stuff than to help me. keeps ontelling me 240 or 260 is good?
they have a new kind of T shirt material type.
what clolur are most of ur bedsheets?
will try friven? which departmental stores have the most choices and helpful assistant

my_rock_baby

don't ever buy the T-shirt material one. First, if u don't on the air-con, it will be very hot to sleep on. Second, after 1 wash, you will find that the material goes out of shape
sad.gif
I bought mine few years back and now it is "antique" in my wardrobe.

I just bought the aussino towel (3 in a pack) type $ $9.90, first time last week. Have started using it (but haven wash). I just hang the bath towel on the metal rail and guess what, I can find the lint stick to the metal rail!! And when I wipe my body with the bath towel, my body not dry leh!!!
sad.gif

But I like their matress cover and quilt cover, have been using it for few years already still in good condition
happy.gif

singtel

I've juz bought 4 bath towels, 1st wash and used. Seems okie.. no lint stick on body.. no worries

Rock baby, oh no.. u need to wash it b4 used... if nt.. it wunt absorb..