Attire for First Interview - SIA Stewardess

tinkybell

Hi All,

my friend is applying for the high class waitress position at SIA and is going for her 1st interview really soon.

However, she is not sure what to wear for her 1st interview.. hence i am posting this for your advise...

hunky

i dont know what u mean by high class ? assume u referring to serving the first class cabin ? anyway she should dress formally like any other interview. Hope that helps

simpleman

wear the sia uniform lor..

ha ha ha

Jokes aside, I guess it is safe to be conservative and wear business-like

cuclainne

newbies don't go directly to serving first class passengers .. mostly senior staff only ..

i would suggest that your friend dress sensibly for the occasion .. no t-shirt or slippers/ sandals. make sure that she does not wear too much make-up or spray too much perfume ..

good luck for her first interview .. if she succeeds, there are at least three more interviews after that ..

wintercrystal

hahaha i tink most of you got tinkybell's england wrongly. She is referring to the airstewardess position as a high class waitress. In any event, business wear will be the most appropriate. I went once for JAL before in a white shirt black skirt. simple and formal.

tinkybell

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback... i will let her know...

and thank u Winter Lee for the clarification, u indeed get me rite... Air stewadess r those "high class waitress" cos they earn much more then normal waitress...

hahaha............

ssybaby

Hi i wore t-shirt & jeans for the interview & i got in
happy.gif
is not e attire they r lookin @, but is the attitude you hv
happy.gif
hope it helps

tinkybell

Hmmm.... i m confuse now..

what should i tell my friend huh?/

spoken to her this morning and she was saying she would wear jeans n t-shirt...

i hope she can get it ley...

latino

tinkybell, dont worry too much for your friend. like what dophin said, t-shirt n jeans also can. i call this SMART casual.

there will be hundreds of ppl there. there is more than just her dressing they look at, her height, weight, attitude etc. worry so much also no use.

just tell her to do her best and dont be too late or else the queue will be very long and she has to wait for a long time before her turn.

if she doesn't get in the 1st interview, take this as an experience and apply again at the next intake.
happy.gif

simpleman

It is best to be wear business-like.. first impression will count - all things being equal.

Of course if you are gorgeous and has the right attitude - it can still overcome if you are wearing jeans and tee-shirt.

goooogal

tinkybell, I think no matter what, a stewardess still belongs to the service line and professionalism is v impt. Even if wearing a biz suit is not necessary, it will still portray a more professional image, and that will be a bonus for ur fren when compared w other candidates who turn up in tees and jeans.

giantemu

1st rnd they will look out for your personality and whether you can talk properly and whether you have problems interacting with ppl. Just wear something nice - eg: jeans and shirt and be well groomed and be yourself.

cheryl_c

Hi all

I am speaking out for all stewardess out there.

It is actually not correct to term them as high class waitresses. Technically speaking they are professionals that brings passengers safely from 1 place to another.

Yup they do provide service but I don't think any waitress of any line are trained in fire fighting, first aid and wine tasting all at the same time.......

As for he interview, the interviewer would prefer NO jeans on the interviewees.

miloice

cheryl,

its only a joke lah. Anyway, even the job of a waitresses can be more complex then what we see on the surface.

All jobs are equal. They all have the rosy and not so good sides.
happy.gif

cheryl_c

Milo on the rocks

I do understand this but just find that stewardesses are always being perceived in a bad light. Perhaps it is the price of being an icon......

Of cos there are always bad sheep around but generally I think most of them are good humble people.......

miloice

ha... that's one of the not so rosy part of the job.
happy.gif

I think as long as one is in service line, they will be often judged & treated unfairly by the public and consumers.

panda_chua

my frend applying for tat too
whats the citeria they are looking for?
for a ht 1.6m....does the citeria to go in must be very slim...eg <50kg..average can like 50-58kg?

cherrygirl

just be confident and well groom for the first and third interview..

My tips is to bun ur hair if your hair is longer than shoulder.
They judge ur appearances and posture on the second interview which you are required to tie ur hair and wear kerbaya..

Good luck for your interview! cheers

panda_chua

hahaha...not my interview...my frend ah

tats true..
so long as slim slim...doesnt matter whether face got pimples r not hor...can still cover up with make up

cherrygirl

and straight white or healthy teeth..

in the 2nd interview, they pretend to chit chat with u .. but actually looking into ur teeth..

Yes.. Good complexion !!
Cos they will use bright light to shine on ur face.. so thick make up wont help..
the best is not to stress urself, have good sleep and eat healthy before the interview.

kahlen

Light scar not visible? cover light scars/mole with concealer. Small mole should be fine but not BIG MOLE with hair like the mei po.
I wana puke whenever I talk about such mole. *Sry Big mole readers*

panda_chua

paiseh kahlen..its esp the mole..

pain nails.......ahahha
after you all fixed these 'scary' citerias..
my frend also worried to go try liao..
scare paiseh..
waste time