Atrina

ctqai

ya lor... bout 19+k.. but hubby die die want dis area
kao_sad.gif
... but i see dis area also good coz near to d central it juz dat low floor. mayb my hubby use to low floor. urs lei?

ctqai

But, no matter which flr we stay in, i am still very happy coz i'm going to build my own family in our brand new flat..
kao_cheers.gif

cliv

hi sun..
happy.gif

actually i oni started to look into it..want to c how much is needed for hse reno. went to perfect living 07 and got a few general quotations. feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amt of info to digest and there's quite a fair bit of price difference b/w the quotations.
1 coy est. 12k, another coy est. >23K! for similar work scope. not sure which coy we can trust. oso not sure if there r hidden costs for the cheaper quote.

btw the one that quoted 12k isn't a radac member.. dey said radac coy usu. charge a premium n big coy like theirs dun nid radac cert, so can pass cost savings to customers.

afraid we kana 'kar'

grateful for any advice..

which coy did u engage?
tks..

*helpless* =p

sun7

hi cliv,

first of all, can i know what is "radac member" ha ??

i using "frontier concept" in imm, so far so good....

cliv

it's is a non-profit orgn tt protect consumer’s interest.. renovators who r member r e so call 'more trusted' coys..

how much is ur reno ah? can share ur quotation for reference? 4-room flat?

suetan

I got my letter on tuesday fr HDB, they mentioned that the flat is due for completion in 4Qtr/2007. My blk is 273C.

Valerie, whats the quote like for united team n fuse concept?

hi Suelynn,

Fuse quoted about 32K, United Team quoted abt 27k...
but we're taking out some of the things in the quotation, so it'll definately be lower...
you wanna have a look at United Team's quotation?

val1977

Hi all,
guess that most of us here are sourcing for ID or contractors,
care to share which are the shortlisted? Do they from RADAC?
http://www.radac.org.sg/

Me and hubby are sourcing but how will we know which are good ones in workmanship and effiency?
Whatever in their showroom and during the consultation are the 'swee swee' kind so cant tell the difference leh
sad.gif

Hmm...confuse :p
Our budget is around 25K, we be doing alot of built in furniture and walk in wardrobe, decide to expand the MBR so needto heck the wall of the next bedroom and my hubby wants the open concept stainless steel kitchen, like those commercial industrial grade kitchen in the restuarant, if you all hv the latest Ikea catalogue, one the kitchen hv the concept...
Think kitchen itself will cost us at least 5K to 7K as thatis my hubby dream kitchen, he alreast aim a 3K stainless steel cooking area wif oven from Mayer ,aiyo...he use to stay in overseas many yrs and westen ppl hv open concept kitchen and he cooks very well la
happy.gif

Dont mind share here or PM me, thks
happy.gif

worry

Valarie,

you are very fortunate to have a husband who can cook and well! Mine dunno how to cook. Only wait for me to cook. :p

Me also stay in Atrina but 273B. which blk is urs? Now and then we check out some ID and contractor. Had checked with Orange Cube, Intra Design, Rest and Relaz, Courts Renovation Ideas, HO Bee, Ideal Home and Arts and Thots. Will be checking out Intra Design, Barang Barang and Gpan. After that will do a shortlist. But those already out from my list is Arts and Thots and Ideal Home. Reason being, Arts and Thots is very pushy. Want us to pay deposit when we say want to consider. MY husband said a very firm NO and the sales person keep asking us why. That put us off. As for Ideal Home, price is good but workmanship is so-so and they seems to be like a contractor instead of ID company. Their design sense seems to be 0. Seems like alot of hidden cost to us. Well this is our opinion, we may be wrong. For Intra Design, we met someone call Ken. He everything also say cannot be done. U know the air con ledge that is in front of the toilet one. I ask him what can be done there. he say nothing can be done. Can only leave it empty. Straight away we strike him off the list. It's been 4 mths and he never send any quotation which he promised 2 weeks will send it to us. But after that we heard that Angeline is good in INtra Design so we decide to give them a chance.

joannee

i haven shortlist any IDs n contractors yet leh... But my fren got recommendation. But i tink Dec is not the right time 2 get keys coz itz near to Chinese New Year. Contractors will b rushing 2 get work done and workmanship not veri gd leh. hehe...

Most prob me n my hubby start the reno after chinese new year...

val1977

S n Jo,
I will be staying at 272D at the highest level

S oh so you using Intra design?
any website to view?

Hmm..Arts and Thots give us a cal, so we be seeing them this weekend at expo..ok we will be firm as well, thks for advise
happy.gif

worry

HI Joanne,

Mine most prob will be getting in Jan. Just my speculation. So mine is no choice must after CNY one. After CNY got advantage cos u won't scared contractor shortage of staff and anyhow do. Before CNY reno, you can show to your relatives during CNY.

Valerie, I haven't decide on ID yet. neither have i met Angeline too. Had sent her our floor plan and waiting for her quotation. Oh yeah courts reno Ideas is very damn exp. so will be dropping them off too.
Who you are meetin in Arts and Thots? I forgot the name of the person i met but is a lady. She is a sales person. very pushy. hope u dun get her.

worry

Valarie, it looks nice but need to keep the kitchen tidy and utensils clean else will look very cluttered. I'm an untidy person so this is out for me. :p

suetan

I had been to the expo too, met Moss EMM******, retz n relax, I-bridge, baroque, extract liv***. We also met some others like northwest, plush living, fuse concept, design channel,ideal homme, coos, orange cube, u**max some time earlier n a few others at imm.

We are dropping off I-bridge n moss, cannot make it, only show us some pkg n pic, wan us to place deposit. Crazy! said to lock the promo, we said we rather nt have the freebies to have peace. Coos n ideal homme also droppin cos they are contractors who have soft of std of doing reno, jus change some materials n the colours of walls, most homes they do are similar.

Plush is not bad, jus tat design is nt wat we are lookin for, the lady we met is very accomodating n suggest practical ideas. Orange cube is nice too but too ex for our budget.

Those we met at IMM are future home, u home, spacious planners, the line and city design, all nvr revert after 1 mth plus, they said get back to us in 1-2 weeks.......

U**max also nvr get back after 2 weeks plus when say get back to us in 1 week......

The rest we havnt meet yet, awaiting quotes......

val1977

Hey, I think i most likely go to Earnest Interior, alot of positive comments wif gd service of this ID firm, they appeared in June Hm n Deco issue, wah that hm is my dream hosue manz...:p
besides my friend worked there before
happy.gif

seanray

Valerie,

I tot you confirm with Earnest Interior.
Who is your ID, Benedict?

I have yet to decided maybe this weekend :p
what u heard abt frankie?
happy.gif

seanray

Suelynn,
Oic, who is your ID?

Val,
in your previous reply, you mentioned abt u heard abt frankie. care to share where did you read abt or thru frds?