ASA Travel Agency - Europe

kopi_c

Hi Isa
Yes. I've booked mine from ASA. Depart on 1st day of CNY.
happy.gif

Hi Dora: Which Agent Did You Book With?

Kopi_C : I'm Looking To Travel Just B4 CNY Since Plus Minuse We Need About 2Weeks Away..
ASA Does Have Some Interesting Tour Pkgs.
But Bf Wants To Have Switz, Italy, Paris N London In 1 Trip So Kinda Diff To get One With Such Itinerary...

kopi_c

Hi Isa,
My pkg dose not cover London. Mine is a 14days trip.
Mayb u can go down to travel Agency to chk the pkg that u want.

dor_diego

Hi Isa

i booked with barry yip from ASA during their pre natas fair at a package price of 3400nett inclusive of tax per pax for their 14d best of italy swit and paris. tour departure is confirm on 27th jan. tour group manager will join in if there are a minimum of 25 passengers. i think quite hard to get italy swit paris and london, maybe u can extend and go to london via train?

basker

My Spain experience with ASA can be summarized in one word 'Crappy' - lousy venue when in major cities i.e. Madrid & Barcelona, Lousy guide - &^$# expletives, run down other agencies (if u need to run down others to make yourself look good - personally think you are worse), tried to charge me "extra tips" for services or days i didn't use, inexperience guide worse is wrong info given, cheap meals provided, last day ask for feedback - tell us that he will throw away negative feedback form - i did not even bother to submit.....This is my family first & last tour with ASA. Btw, i am comparing with SingExpress & CTC, trust me they r much better.

bluerosie

hey, happy new year! Juz back from my eur 14 days trip last fri! my tour manager is barry too coz I book with him also..he got 20yrs exp in europe..so u know u r in good hands..overall quite good package...
happy.gif

carcar

Welcome home Jaq
happy.gif

Would you like to share ur Europe experience with me? My dept on 03/02/11 with ASA, wanna find out more details like :-
1) Weather (minus degree ?)
2) Food
3) Shopping (branded bag)
4) Traveling time frm 1 city to another
5) How many optional tour u join?

Thank you.

bluerosie

carcar: wow u depart on CNY..hehe! Weather shouldnt be tat cold when u go liaoz..

1) Italy: 9-13degrees but was raining in venice milan...rome was quite hot actually, Switzerland: -2/3 -0 degrees, mt titlus was 0 degrees while jungfraujoch is -3, Paris: 8 -14 degrees
2) Food..breakfast everyday same, bacon,eggs,ham n cheese of coz no shortage of bread LOL..cereals also.. chinese food so-so..western ok..the escargots in france was good LOL..
3) shopping, no scare no time or nowhere to shop...tour leader sure to bring u buy things here n there n collect rolex spoons in swiss..u will know when u in the tour..keke
4) travelling time is ok..1-2hrs duration..but swiss to dijon was abt 3hrs then 4hrs fr dijon to paris next yr..anyway u wun b bored, tour guide will play dvds for u to see or music to accompany u..the weather was cold so we easily to fall asleep..haha..
5)think we join all except gondola ride(we the only 1s not joining but in venice was flooding n raining heavily so end up tour leader change it to asian buffet on xmas day), river seine in paris was flooded as well coz of the aftermath heavy snow the previous week when we r there..so he change to chinese dinner at galaries lafayette n bring us to night scene of eiffel tower n champs elysees..

take note, dun expect too much of the hotels esp in switzerland coz their cost of living v high..a simple hotel - wooden hse kind is already CHF150+ sort..anyway just slp for a nite for most places except italy n paris..

overall juz relax n have an open mind to this trip..I expect alot of highs in the trip coz is Europe but actually is quite the opp maybe due to different culture n living standards..the package tour really value for money imho..
hope this helps...enjoy!

dor_diego

Hi Jaq,
Glad to hear positive reviews.
How about safety? heard theres a lot of pickpockets in italy and paris? any spare time at night to roam around on our own in italy and paris?

bluerosie

dora: safety is real fine..I was pretty surprised to find not much 'suspects' for pickpockets..but do haf some pestering u to buy souvenirs (the blacks) at eiffel tower..then 1 guy in front of church square in milan will ask u to feed the birds coz in his hand got some corn..but he ask u to pay him de..so better dun 'con' by him hahah..

tour leader n local tour guide keep warning us of gypsies(children pickpockets) everywhere especially they see u r tourist..
spare time at night have but the hotels r quite ulu..nothing ard it..except in paris there is carrefour n shopping centre next to it.

bluerosie

hotel we stayed in dijon before going to paris, is next to the shopping with carrefour only..then we move over to the hotels area next to the airport..so don't think is near any train stations

tmtgirl

hi! Just booked our tour to Italy, Switzerland & France tour with ASA departing on 27th Jan
happy.gif

Dor_diego, you are on the same group right? I took a list of the hotels from ASA. The hotel in ROME is kinda away from the city centre. There's couple of ways to get to the city, I'm not sure if you are keen to move around with me & my husband (thought it will be safer to be in bigger group) on day 01 since it's F&E after we check in.
happy.gif
But i'm not sure if we'll be too tired from the 18hrs flight though.

dor_diego

tmtgirl : yeah same group, nice to hear that
happy.gif
, at least some companion!!! u there on honeymoon? yeah we are fine with travelling together. oh fne on 1st day...wa haven go read the itenary leh..dunno where to go..hehe..do you know if there wil be a guide from spore?

tmtgirl

Hihi, current headcount 27, we'll have a tour manager following us there. ASA said the briefing is probably this weekend, they'll contact us once confirmed.
happy.gif

Yup my hubby & I are on honeymoon. What about you?

maddiejas

Hello Girls,

where is the ASA office?

Chanbrothers & Dynasty both offer a similar package too right?

Anybody can comment?

dor_diego

1 Park Road #03-57 People's Park Complex Singapore 059108

to the best of my understanding
Dynasty - cover more spots in Italy swiss and paris but more expensive
Chan - shorter trip 12d but abit more expensive than ASA 14days.

cassie4409

Need help to give your reviews on Five Stars Tours.

Anyone signed up with Five Stars on tour package to Europe?
As you see, it's my honeymoon trip PLUS my 1st trip to Europe therefore I really hope that it will be an enjoyable and memorable one.

I'm considering the tour package: 14Days Italy, Switzerland & Paris

Thanks thanks!

tmtgirl

Dora: I'm not sure at the moment. I have a friend's ROM and wedding to attend on Saturday. Hopefully the briefing is next week instead.

Cass: If memory serves me right, Five Stars dont cover as much places as ASA but it is cheaper.

bluerosie

cass: I did a comparison of ASA holidays n Five Stars before booking with ASA, Fivestars slightly cheaper n they cover 2-3 different places...from swiss to paris theirs is 6-7 hours ride without stop between for sightseeing, only toilet breaks...many agencies also haf that...but ASA stop at dijon, burgundy side before going over to paris..

ene1010tan

Hi
My mum and aunties used Five Stars for their recent Europe trip, they had such a bad experience with the guide and the hotels. They had to come back to SG to demand compensation.Bad services such as providing foc airport transfer for them, their tour guide told them to take cab themselves.

Maybe it wld be better for you to look around first. Sometimes it would be better to pay abit more for better happier holiday experience.

tmtgirl

Hey Dora, I made it to the briefing that day.. were u there too?
happy.gif

We have not planned where to go.. keen to go to the city?

dor_diego

yes! i was there.the person keep saying check with your guide..aiyo....yeah keen..4pm too early to sleep leh..haha..

carcar

Hi Dora & tmtgirl,

Check with ur, how to check the tour breifing date ar? ASA staff will cal or wat?
My dept on 03/02, haven't recv call frm ASA yet.

dor_diego

Yeah they will call, the briefing I went last sat is for departures on 27th jan and 1st feb. U can call them to ask, If u had miss it, here are some things they said

1)beware of pick pockets in italy, not to give $ to gypsies and have your bag in between your clothings
2) if u looking for newer Chanel bags, look for the model no beforehand cause need to pre order
3) buying watches in swiss try to pay partial cash or full cos there's a additional 8% rebate
4) bring around 700euros per person and for Swiss francs Maybe a couple of hundred.Swiss don't use euro so try to change all required currency in spore
5)wear sufficient clothing temperature is pretty cold in Swiss especially
6)some meals and drinks not included so be prepared to spend a little money.
7)tips I think around 65euros per person
That's all I can think off hand, just a short overview.
5)

cherryz

Hi dora & tmtgirl, where r you girls planning to go on the first day? Would cost a lot to head to the city/safe? Wonder what to do there..

dor_diego

Hey envy, r u on the 27th trip?

Dunno le, plan to read up abit ... 4pm still looks to early to stay in hotel but the guide say like quite inconvenient to travel from the hotel. Maybe if really no choice I will walk around there lor..haha

cherryz

oh yes! all if possible. haha. but tt tour guide that day did say tt 'moulin rouge' is least likely cox of price & poor response. but i wan the factory outlet one!! plannin to shop much? :p

pinkpt

Hi everybody,

Just wondering whether anybody booked before the 14 days Europe trip with ASA as was it by SQ?

dilemmagal

Hi

I am thinking of booking with ASA on 14 days 11 nights for france, italy and switerland but unknown about their services.

Can anyone able to furnish feedback.

Thanks

lvbb

Hi, I'm also thinking book the same 14days pkg with asa on 05/15 departure, but heard that they hv different itinerary with different depature date & flight(SQ and Qatar) lor! Anyone know more about details?

lvbb

They hv 1 day f&e at Paris in web itinerary but when i called the lady told me depend on the date u departure, if i flight on 05/15 then for this particular grp would not hv any f&e time, so funny!

hushiice

Hi, i booked the May 15 to 14D Switzerland, France and Italy by ASA for my honeymoon. Fly via Qatar Airway. Anyone booked the same as me?

nixi018

hi Ejenna, may i know how much you paid for the trip in May? I am considering to take the same package but going in Apr.. forgot to ask for prices in May at natas just now.

hushiice

I bought mine at prenatas. Went to Natas ydae to buy insurance and the price which I paid was earlier was slightly cheaper. All I'm close to 4.1k per pax

nixi018

Hi Ejenna, just to check whether 4.1k includes airport tax? The price for confirmed tour in apr is about 4.2k excludes airport tax.

emiilylam

I booked 14D to Italy, Switzerland, Paris, London with Super Travel. I think their package is a real steal. Paid around 4k per pax as well (including taxes).

hushiice

Hi, the price includes tax. May was one of the cheapest Mth so I bought at that period.
happy.gif
anyone same package n depart dates as me?