Arnoma Hotel Bangkok?

yongee86

Hi,

Anyone stayed in Arnoma Hotel in bangkok before? if yes, care to share your comments? Planning to book a room there for holidays.

skylar

Good to me,
just opp WTC & very near the 4 faced buddha. nice & cozy hotel although I just dun like their entrance facing their maciam carpark lor..

yongee86

oh.. good to hear. i will book for this hotel then.
happy.gif

suishi

hi ladies,
sorry for so many qns cos it my first trip to Bkk;
how much is the Rm rate? Any shopping centre near by? how far is it away frm airport?

slbjen

wld not stay there becos it's quite a distance from BTS - a good 7-10 min walk and that can be deadly after a day of hard shopping
happy.gif

budget-wise, go for Asia Hotel which is next to BTS .. a little more $, I wld go for service apt .. all depends on your budget

yukie

Hi suishi... i book pyotravel @ SGD102 per nite wif b'fast. It's very convi, all major shopping center suround the hotel...
happy.gif

guazi

jsut came back from bkk, stayed at arnoma hotel. good stay as it's conveniently located in the central. and a very helpful chinese speaking bellboy who helped us flagged for taxi and told the driver the address (ulu place) we wanted to head to .

sweetpea

Arnoma is clean and comfortable..but not as convenient as Asia Hotel. Also more exp than Asia Hotel. But if you dun mind a 10 min walk from BTS and have a budget for a 4 star hotel, then Arnoma is a nice choice. Hear it is opened by S'poreans?

guazi

suishi,

i din search for nice spa near the hotel becuase i was busy shopping hehe

i booked the hotel via asiaroom, it's cheaper. i paid 306 for 3 nights.

worry

Have stayed there during last year december. The new year eve bomb happened during our last night stay there. The security is good.Check-in and check-out was slow.
The hotel location is quite good. It is near abt 5-10 mins walk to the nearest BTS, besides BC and opp Central World Shopping Centre. Platinium Mall and "IT Mall" is abt 15-20 mins walk.

Room-wise it is quite old. The toilet is clean but old as well. U will need to get the lock from the reception for the in-room safe. The safe box is not electronic or digital. It is manual kind which is something like a lock and a key. Dun look safe to me.

Overall this hotel is good for it's location and would not mind to stay again. But the price is a bit on the high side.

happi_bride

errr.. i heard of ghosts stories at this hotel...haunted...(fyi).

i too stayed there before, that was b4 I knew of such stories. I din quite like the place... i had this strange feeling there (my room happened to be the last one)

gracelourdes

yup, tis place is good...near BTS but spooky...have a personal experience there in dec 2006 or 2007...seriously wouldn't recommend it

yukie

Hv stayed in Arnoma Htl in end 2006.. rms are big and reception counter svc is gd... not to mention location is gd! Actually its less than 10min walk fm their mrt station... will choose Arnoma anytime over Asia htl
happy.gif

We even walk to pratunum (sorry don knw how to spell) wholesale :p

And they use a scanner? to scan every car tat enter the htl drop off pt... not to show if they still do it now
happy.gif

sangay

Arrived at The Arnoma after a scary cab ride through Bangkok. Concierge were fab and couldnt do enough. Hotel has a massive lobby with a piano playing and plenty of sofas. We had a meeting with our rep who tried to persuade us to visit one of the many 'famous' tailors in Bangkok as she could give us a good price. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor-we declined. Did book an evening dinner cruise along Choaphraya river through the rep which was amazing- a must do! Hotel is perfect for what you need it for-sleeping. Anyone who comes to Bangkok to spend a lot of time in your room has come to the wrong city. Rooms were spacious and we had a great view over the main road which surprisingly gave us no noise throughout the night! Towels were changed regularly and the room was clean. The hotel pool on the roof is small but great and there is a gym for guests to use. Hotel gives a card with tourist police number on every time you take a cab from the lobby which is great and they are more than happy to recommend good places to eat and shop, we loved Patpong nightmarket but don't forget to haggle! Overall we would definatley return to this hotel, it's perfect!

noamie08

Hi,

we stayed at the arnoma begining of oct only for 3 nights,our room was a bit dated and smelled a bit fusty,the hotel is right in the middle of plenty of shops although the nightlife is a taxi ride away, we found the hotel bar far to expensive it cost us 630thb for 2 small lagers so beware i would not recomend a this hotel to anyone there are far nicer hotels in bangkok.

warmsnow

Stayed in arnoma before. The only good thing is its location/convenience.

If you are going for quality/service, try Pullman King Power Bangkok Hotel.

Pros:
- good service
- good room
- good food
- good shopping (tax-free shopping mall just beside hotel with free delivery to airport)