Armpit sweat

S

sweaty underarms

Does anyone have tis pblm where the armpit sweats and leave unsightly stains on clothes? I have tis pblm n I'm soooo... conscious of it that i dun dare to lift up my arms, for fear that others will see the sweat stains on my clothes.

Can someone help by recommending effective anti-perspirants?

Z

z

Goto Watsons, there's alot of anti-perspirants. Cheap and good.

Normally Liquid roll-on ones are more effective, but some don't like the initial sticky feeling before it dry.

Spray on ones are not that effective, but is convenient.

Then there's the like a lip-stick kind which I never tried.

z

N

no more sweat

First of all...curb the sweaty armpits problem first. Me too..also have this embarrassing problem before
embarrassed.gif
, but no worries..it can be curbed.

triangle_right.gif
Fiisrtly, have baths as frequent as possible. If not, just wash up your armpit area, as what I did previously. When at home, the moment you feel sweat over there, just go have an "armpit bath" (wash only your armpit area with soap/foam bath). Apply powder after that to keep the area dry.

Have tried using anti-persirants before..however, they dun seem to work as they dry up very quickly and left some powderish stuff on the armpits which makes mi feel sticky under there.

triangle_right.gif
Secondly, when you go out, bring a small towel and talcum powder. When you go to the ladies, make it a bit damp with water and wipe your armpits with it. After that apply the powder. You will feel fresher as well.

triangle_right.gif
Thirdly, avoid wearing clothes that will show sweat stains. It means avoiding certain colours and materials. The best is to wear sleeveless, make the area more airy so that sweat dries up more easily. Alternatively, avoid clothes with thick material.

However, I have heard that anti-perspirants may cause breasts cancers..dunno if it is true or not.

Anyway, hope what I suggest will be of help to you.
wink.gif

E

eunicetan

halo sweaty underarms,

i would like to recommend the anti-perspirant roll from bvlgari. like u, i used to be very self-conscious abt this problem but i discovered this product by chance n it's great!
happy.gif
it's from the eau de parfum fragrance line. it's a green bottle which smells of green tea n doesnt leave any white stains behind n dries up quickly. each bottle costs $37 but lasts me half a yr.

catz

Hi sweaty underarms,

You can try out this special deodorant in the form of a clear crystal - it's available at Sasa. No mess and really effective. Best of all, it has no fragrance so you can wear your own perfume without clashing scents.

Pls never spray perfume on your underarms to get rid of deodorant - it has the opposite effect!! Seems to make it stink doubly bad!

If you're worried about stains from deodorant, I highly suggest the crystal deodorant.

cherry

Sweaty underarms

Hi, I have this problem in the past, the product that I'm using is "Driclor" a strong anti-perspirant for excessive perspiration, you can find it at Gurdian, or NTUC pharmacy, do try it, it works well for me, but might cos some slight redness and sensitivity if you have delicate skin.

All the best,

cheers
cherry

S

samesame

hi
i am also a believer of "Driclor". It needs only to apply at night before you sleep and wash it off the next morning. it keeps my armpit dry for at least a week. i have tried various anti-prespirant but doesn't work. It is not very expensive too, but i can't remember the price, but it is below $15.

S

sweaty armpits

Dear all,

Merry Xmas to everyone. Thks for your advice. Will go check out Driclor.
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi!

went to guardian but cannot find Dricolor. Can anyone share with me where exactly can I get it. Thanks a lot.

cherry

Hi pebbles,

Yes, you can get it at Guardian or NTUC healthcare, you may have to ask for assistance if you cannot find it, cos it sometimes not put together with the normal anti-perspirant or deodorant.

Tell them the name and that it's used for excessive perspiration, they should know.

Hope you can find it then.

cheers
cherry

S

sensitive

hi all,

i used to have very bad experience with antiperspirant...i even have unsightly pimples growing at my armpits once....it was so serious that i had to go see a doc... so gals try to be careful with antiperspirant and deodorants
for those with sensitive skin, will reccomend "no offense" deodorant from Origins. It worked quite well for me and i love its fresh smell
happy.gif

the only thing is... it cost $22 a tube... :p

D

diggy

I used to apply antiperspirant under my armpit. But stop using after knowing there may be bad effects...

I noticed that my armpits has a few tiny little lump-like, went to the doctor, she said those are sweat glands. Anyone has these lump-like thing under their armpit? I would like to know if it's common in girls.

catz

Uglyarm,

You could go to a reputable salon or dermatologist to get your underarms bleached. Alternatively, try bleaching it yourself with lemon juice.

diggy, my SIL has the same problem - ended up with infected sweat glands. I would recommend that you use the crystal anti-perspirant as it doesn't clog up your pores and cause you more discomfort.

S

sweaty underarms

Hi Sensitive,

The one u recommended from Origins, is it an anti-perspirant or deodorant? They're not the same rite? Cos from wat i know, deodorant is to prevent smells when we perspire n anti-perspirant is to prevent us from perspiring...

I guess wat i need is to prevent my underarms from perspiring cos they leave sweat stains on my clothes. Sigh...

pebbles

Hi! Cherry

I went to the 2 guardian @ Bugis, but the staff do not know abt dricolor. Which guardian did you buy from. Thanks for your help

cherry

hi pebbles

I got mine from Tiong Bahru Plaza, both the NTUC and Guardian over there have it, but NTUC is selling cheaper.

I also got it from NTUC Bukit Merah Central before. The correct spelling should be "driclor" cost about 17 dollars or so.

I think most guardian pharmacy should have stock for it.
Hope u can find it soon.

cheers
cherry

pebbles

Hi! cheery

Thanks so much. Finally found driclor at simei NTUC. Will be using it tonight. Thanks again for your help.

argh

hi, pebbles

hv u tried out driclor? can let me know whether the pdt works? was thinkikng of trying out cos i hv the same problem as u. txs.

droplets

Hi argh,

I've tried out driclor but i don't think it's really effective. It's ok when you r dry, but when you really perspire, the effect is gone. Furthermore, it's really irritates my skin, often causing itchiness & redness.

The crystal thing doesn't work for me too. I'm currently using another brand but sadly, it's not sold in S'pore. So far only saw it in Thailand, pretty effective & have a nice flora smell too. Anyone going to Thailand soon?

argh

hi, droplets. thanks for the info. guess the problem cannot be cured unless we consider removing the sweat glands huh
happy.gif

droplets

argh,

I heard the Botox injection helps also ... think the effect last for 3 or 6 mths ... but dun know how much it cost leh
happy.gif

barleyan

hi...just for u all information,i think driclor is not being used to prevent underarms sweating etc..instead it is being used on sweating palms...i used to work in clinic and the dr used driclor for ppl with sweaty palms...

S

sensitive

hi sweaty underarms,
the one from Origins is a deodorant, it helps to prevent smell, and does not stain clothings. For sweaty underarms, think you should avoid clothes with tight fitting sleeves, as that inhibits air flow and the restricted space between skin and clothing encourages perspiration (to redure heat)...
for me after using "no ofence" i dun perspire so much at that area... so in a way it does also help to reduce perspiration. hope this helps
happy.gif

veryblur

Hi Barleyan

Would like to check with u is the driclor really effective for sweaty palms? I got sweaty palm n i dun want to shake hands with my guest with wet palms during the dinner.

thks

barleyan

Hi Veryblur,
i think driclor should be quite effective..many ppl also dont want to shake hands with their wet palms that why they go to see dr..maybe u can get more info by visiting a GP??i blief he will give you a more detailed info...
hope you can go n meet your guests with non sweaty palms....
happy.gif

M

mewz

Hmm...so is driclor still a good choice for armpits sweats?....me still looking for a good one...currently using this brand called "lady speed stick", a dry kind anit-perspirant/deodorant....find it quite good cos dun leave stains on clothes but left abit of stain on my skin lor...heard crystal quite good..but dunno which brand is effective...
lame.gif

laluna

Hi! My skin is very sensative and I perspire alot too (sweaty palms/feet, you name it!).

My suggestion is to keep your armpits free of hair (shaving, waxing etc). Don't fall into the trap of constant scrubbing in a bid to get rid of the old skin though cause I tried that and ended up with infected skin which only cleared up after I took a course of antibiotics.

I'm currently using FA 24hr Deo Roll-On (Antiperspirant). Am using the one with Green Tea scent and it's lovely. It's for sensative skin and I've not gotten any bad reaction from it.

There's a product on sale for sweaty palms. I can't remember the name but you can find it at the National Skin Centre's Pharmacy. I strongly recommend you get your skin products there because they are really cheap.

T

tieknot2004

Hi all, just to share: i am using Odaban from Watsons at about S$25. Its working just like Driclor and its effective. I can stay dry for at least 2 days with one spray at the armpits.

Been using it for almost half year now. Anyone else have any comments or experience?

smelly

Hi

Can anyone recommend how to get rid of the dark stains at the armpit? How much will it cost to do bleaching at salons or dermatologist and any recommendation for that?

Thanks
happy.gif

carolneo

Hi smelly,

IPL is good for lightening the skintone as well as for hair removal. The cheapest I found is at Far East Shopping Centre #03-05 (IPL Beauty Secrets). She is charging $100 per session. They are having some promotion now. Can call sarah @ 93821247 to find out more.

eus

Hey,wanna know if anyone knows where to get a odaban? is s'pore available? i cant find it here...heard is very gd for hyperhidrosis. I wanna try it...

elsiengu

Do you ppl know tat botox can cure excessive armpit sweating or better known as 'hyperhidrosis'?

Most ppl only know botox works in cosmetic such as jawline, crow feet, wrinkles and etc but not in theurapeutic. botox is also widely use for celebral palsy, strokes, hyperhidrosis, migraine and etc.

fraiche

Hi everybody,

Don't know how many of u have the same problem as me? My armpit sweats easily when I'm warm or feeling tensed up...results in an odour as well as a patch of wetness if I'm wearing blouses with sleeve. I'm very self-conscious because of that. Does anybody have the same problem and how do u solve it? Pls advise and thanks in advance.

love_manicure

Hi Fraiche, My armpit will sweat even after i've just bathe come out, and will have smell too.. and can't wear sleeve shirt as it will wet my shirt at the armpit area... Finding ways to get rid of that problem too..

michellekong80

hi,
Try to use "PerspireX" available at Guardian.
one of my fren using it and i can c the improvement.

Very simple,just apply it at nite to completely dry n unbroken skin n wash it the next day.
no need to apply everyday,not very remember how to apply,but can c at the instruction inside...

And i think not very ex too,so don mind trying..
^_^!!!

fraiche

Hi Ling,

Looks like ur problem is even more serious than mine??!! I wonder it it normal to sweat excessively at the armpit area or it depends on each individual?

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for ur recommendation. Maybe will try on that. But I don't know whether my problem is due to internal health or not? That's why have to seek second opinion.

tigger

I liked the anti-perspirant roll at Marks and Spencer. Cause when I lift my arms, there is this sweet smell lingering in the air.

But I stopped using cause of the rumours that anti-perspirant cause breast cancer.

fraiche

I dun really like to use anti-perspirant. Have used that before but I find it very sticky. Anti-perspirant causes brease cancer? Heard before too but also heard that it's not scentifically proven leh....

fraiche

Problem is I dunno whether my condition is considered severe or not. What is botox injections btw? Can elaborate more?

fates

Botox is for for wrinkles right?

Ya saw some emails which says anti-perspirant cause cancer, but is it true? Don't think so right.......