Argh!! Lizards!

bortei

hi ppl
me feeling very fed up these few days
I dun know what's gg on! But i have been killing lizards everyday!

it's really very irritating and sad to say, i hate lizards cos they give me the creeps. Pls do not flame me for being cruel. But i really cannot have them crawling around my house walls!! arghhh

i dun know whether it's bcos my block is having an upgrading, they are doing the exterior painting, and my hubby said the fresh new smell of the paint drove them in!

argh!!! last nite i killed 2 and the night before also!!!

can any kind soul pls pls pls advise me how not to have lizards at home

thanks

hoshi5

Hi,

my MIL uses egg-shells to drive the lizards away.. haha...
She says that lizards are very afraid of egg-shells. So usually before she cook the egg, she will just break the top part of the egg, and then wash the egg-shell. Just put the egg-shell on the floor, near the windows....

Not sure whether it works or not... but my house definitely no lizards as hubby and MIL very scared of them... hahah...

bortei

hmmmm
egg shells...wah u are tempting me to cook 10 eggs today! just to use the egg shells. keke
biggrin.gif

thanks for the tip ya.

anymore advise??? thanks in advance first!

bortei

what to do??? force myself!
i will spray spray spray bygone
then wait for them to 'mati'

then put tissue paper on it. then my hubby will throw it away. i dun mind the catching part. but cannot tahan to catch it's dead body! so slimy!

i think i one day will faint of bygone first before the lizard faint

gwyen

They dun die so easily with the use of baygon right? Cos i read they are cold blooded. For me, I will beg my hubby to kill it - using rubber bands....I think if I use baygon, can finsh the whole can at one go. I dun dare kill them...YUCKS

oraia

hihi,

i heard that if you clean the walls and areas with dettol (mix some dettol and water and wipe with cloth), the lizards won't come back.
happy.gif

bit_bit

Bortei,

I admire u for ur courage to even go near the lizards... for me... i run away at the sight of it... regardless big or small lizards....
95156.gif

Always gena tease by family members on how come i'm afraid of lizards even thou i'm times bigger than them...

ribena

hi all,
i also very scared and hate them! our method is to use the vacuum cleaner to suck, then throw the filter bag away. becos we spray and they still didn't die yet.

mint

Hi all,
I have broken countless numbers of bowls, cups, etc. cos I saw lizards run past me and I was so scared that I dropped those things that I was carrying... also there was once I screamed so loudly at 12 midnight cos I saw a lizard in my kitchen. I think my whole neighbourhood woke up. Usually, my hubby will catch them for me. Then he will just throw them out of the window. Of course he make sure nobody downstairs first.

crayonshinchan

i used to use this lizard trap that can be found in DIY stores. It works like glue. The lizard will be attracted to it and then it will be stuck onto the trap. Managed to catch many lizards but i have stopped using it cos its really very "cruel" lor.. They will be alive and then its eyes will be looking at me like begging me to let it go. But then, its too late lor.. I have to throw it down the chute. Its kind of a horrible death. Unless u really hate them, else i wont recommend it.

pheb

hi bortei khan

hehehe...my sentiments exactly! always felt that i will die before the lizards peng! somehow gotta use at least half a can to nail one single lizard...

anyway, my recommendation is this device which you can plug into your socket. if you watch those sellavision, there's a similar product called mozzies or something. the ones i use are from soundtech. what this does is once there is electric current flowing, the device will emit radiowaves that affect most insects and pests- claims to even hurt rats! i bought it cause of mosquitoes. although the number of mosquitoes have dramatically fallen, there're some hardy ones that can tahan the effect. but most of the time, the mosquitoes are like "retarded", flies slower and hence easier to catch. we noticed this behaviour in lizards as well. most of the time, they act rather retarded, movements very slow and can be easily caught. this device should be available at most DIY stores. I bought mine from HandiFix and Mustafa (which is very very very much cheaper, under $10! but they seem to have run out of stocks)

aeina

i hate lizards too. Recently, they r no catching flies but sneaking on my dining table, feasting on my food if my mum forgot to cover them up.
Scary, right?? so creepy... thot only cats are over pamper to catch rats and now lizards too.

Hi bortei khan,
Wow... i really admire your courage. I ve no gut to kill or even get near one. The moment i saw a lizard, i screamed and fled. There was once i found a lizard tail, wriggling on the floor. Just when i was wondering where the hell is the lizard. To my horror, it was lying on my shoulder. gosh.. i almost fainted. From there on, i never wanna to get near them. Scaring they will drop on my head, jump on my shoulder etc.

So dettol and eggshell can work huh? wow... i must go buy a big bottle of dettol for my new house. spray it all around. Any more idea to get rid of lizard??? I don't want to catch them or kill them. I just want them to go away.

tigger

I heard once that if you leave some cough mixture on the floor and the lizards managed to drink them, you will find them motionless on the floor the next morning (supposed to be alseep cause it cause drowsiness) so just pick them up and throw them away, think this is less cruel?

P.S. never tried this method myself though.....

bortei

Gywen, amazing, how on earth does yr hubby use rubber band?

ya, i uses a lot of bygone!!! so far it's ok for me, it's just that smell can really get to me! i wonder if i will die in my sleep, inhaling too much bygone air in my room!!!

wah, tigger cough syrup...hmmmm..interesting.

last night i was mopping my floor with dettol and i spray dettol mix with some water at my windows.

i really hope it works.

very sian, i really dun wish my love nest turn into a lizard nest. I suspect the mother lizard must have laid eggs and they have hatched.

the most dangerous zone in my house is the storeroom!! arghh, can't even go near it. haiya, very sian ah...

when u r in my shoes, seeing all those lizards running around wildly and happily (everyday!!), u really cannot help but cringe and force yourself to do something. I think it's not abt courage, i think the lizards are testing my patience, thinking i'm a rubber band and just waiting for me to snap!!!

gwyen

Hi Bortei,
Use rubber band and shoot!
To be honest, there is HUGE lizard in my office now...and no, there are no guys here...just me and lizard...damn worried.

stylobb

bortei
Such a funny yet morbid topic...ok, I hate lizards and am absolutely afraid of them. What hb and I do is when we spot one, we boil water. First we spray shelltox, then we kill it with the hot water....I know, it's terrible but can't be helped..don't want them in our flat.

Gwyen
Got a colleague - she's so brave, dares to catch them..eeeek...

bortei

hi styloBB
wah, hot water? lizard scared? then wouldn't the floor be wet wet?

i scared by the time my water boil, dun know where is it liao. they crawl so fast!

is shelltox better than bygone? tks

metta

gosh, the thought of them wriggling and dying on my floor is horrible! I wouldn't go anywhere near them! I had a lizard that drowned in my water jug once. Somehow I didn't feel right and opened the cover, only to come face to face with a dead bloated floating lizard. wah piang, nearly fainted! Lizards, lizards, go away!

malibu

Another method is to use ur broom to sweep it down from the wall n sweep it into d dustpan.. then flush it into d toilet bowl. Tried this method before.. but only for d small ones...so far have not tested n approven for those big ones!

greenie

hahaha, i am a lizard phobia freak as well! i dunno if u gals is as bad as me. 4 me, i cant tahan seeing a lizard. can u imagine even though i see juz a cartoon lizard, my body's natural rxn will b to close the book and throw it onto the floor. i am really tt scared!
sad.gif

when i see one, i will juz screamed and jump all pver the plc, behaving very hysterically. there was once when a lizard fell on me while i was waitg 4 the lift. i screamed and my hb cld hear me all the way 8 floors down. only then he realised i was so scared. after tt, i was shivering!!!!! ggggrrrr....

so there is no way i will ever chase a lizard or to confront it. i will juz turn, run & scream! hahahahaha... sounds very weak...

eeee, juz the mention of it juz sends shiver to my body!

naturally

hee... strange to find a liz*** phobia support group here!
lol.gif

I hate to see it, hear it, and i can't even bear to spell it. Once a ex-colleague emailed me a game... full of those damned creatures crawling around! I immediately called her up to scold her, but still, the awful image was stuck in my head and i was so utterly disgusted for the whole day!

Btw bortei, u mentioned that they are inside your house because of the painting outside? Why dun u paint your door or just coat with lacquer to drive them away too? And then leave the remaining paint inside the storeroom and leave the storeroom door open?

stylobb

bortei
Yah, floor will be wet, hb will mop it but he dared not pick it so the job goes to me, I use a thick towel lor. Last time before married, I will scream for my dad to help but now, gotta survive on our own! Eeek...even when I type this, I got goose pimples!

gals
Yah, I absolutely hate them! Much as we hate and are afraid, we try to eliminate any that gets into our flat. I think so far we have killed five..eekkkk!! all with boiling water.

naturally
Yah once at my mum's place, it crawled under the carpet but guess what, its tail broke and was left there, but dun know where it went... again I screamed for my dad.

naturally

styloBB, for me, it's my mum who will come to my rescue... dun u just miss staying with parents? Sigh!

Btw, do u re-use those towels.......
uhoh.gif

greenie

hi naturally,

i think we both share the same degree of phobia against tt creature. i nvr found someone as phobic as them like me, until i saw the postings here. hahahaha
lol.gif

yah, i rem once someone emailed me a game wif this creature as the main character... i was so horrified tt i was trembling to close the game, & the whole day i was filled wif disgust!
angry.gif

styloBB, u killed 'em wif boilg water? eeeeee, the sight of them being burnt....... aawwwwwww.... eeeeee, i dun wanna think abt it...
crazy.gif

stylobb

naturally
Yah, last time can just scream and dad will come to the rescue. But worse my parents' flat full of things, sure to have lizards, even black ones. At least my flat is emptier and dun have.
Of course not, throw the whole thing into the supermarket carrier and dispose. I dun even dare touch the towel anymore. Quite funny,the bag is so big, the thing is small, still it gives me the creeps.

starz
I think many people really feel eeeky.. I too dun understand those t-shirts with the motif of lizard, look so scary.

Once my hb spotted one, he said it gave him /the look/!!! Initially we were quite scared but sometimes also feel furious, cos it crawled from living room to kitchen, like taking a tour! So I got so angry I poured hot water on it.
Then another time, one went into the study, we overturned the entire shelving just to kill it. Worse if those big ones, they dun die so easily, can even jump a bit. Anyway we try to clear our things /throw so that lesser rubbish and won't attract. But it seems they are there to catch flies..dun know man. I always get goose pimples.

afcai

Hi,

maybe try to buy some 'medicine' or poison fr pharmacy or chinese medicial shop to kill them. just like those for killing ants.

chicory

Hi,

Once i opened my wardrobe and i felt something falling out.. and to my shock, it's a small lizard. It also got a shock too cuz' it crawled back into the wardrobe. I am afraid it will either jumped on me when i take out clothings or die in there or even decide to make it his perm home... urgghh..

naturally

Starz,
Someone emailed u that stupid game too? Poor us!
lol.gif
Think all of us here suffer from the same phobia...

styloBB... i wouldn't want to touch those towels either! Yikes! So u sacrifice a big towel each time? I doubt i can ever kill any if i use your method, u have to get quite close to it before u can scald it, right? I think u must be mighty brave to do that! Last time i will use the insecticide like Bortei, it's a bit cruel to see it gasping its last breath but that's not the worse part... the worst part is the disposing of the dead thing... eeeeeeks... So now i prefer to scare them off (usually with bamboo sticks, hee), and meanwhile clean the house with dettol, occasionally steam-clean, clear the rubbish bin every night, must make sure there's no food source for them here!

Bortei, u still have them in your house?

japanese_girl

Hearsay, those who afraid of lizard r not afraid of cockroach, vice versa... My fren is afraid of lizard, not cockroach, me very scared of cockroach bt not lizard... there was once i walked passed a field, then felt ticklish inside my jeans, i stomped a few times, a big cockroach dropped down from my jeans.... wa, i screamed & ran like hell, cried immediately. Tell u, if the cockroach moved upwards instead, no hestiation, i wil take off my jeans in public man!

pheb

actually i'm not that afraid of lizards but more so of cockroaches cos they can fly! lizards can't fly! me and sis will scream when we see cockroaches but we always cover our mouths and scream cos scared cockroach fly in- heard it happened to someone before! eeks!

chrysanne12

HI gals,

finally, found some kaki like me who are scare of cockroaches but not lizards. Every time, i see cockroaches feel so eeks, to me when i see lizard, i don't bother they look harmless becos cannot fly loh! whereas cockroaches especially the big big ones can fly so fast....
the worst was once i went to a chalet and while sleeping, i suddenly felt something tickling my sole to my 'horror' it was a cockroach, felt so diguested that i nearly cried

japanese_girl

pheb, mayb we k start a thread on COCKROACH.... yucks!

there was a zi cha stall somewhr near to zouk, so after clubbing my fren went there for supper, it was after a downpour, alot of cockroaches abt hundred of them crawling out from the drain beside their table... they tok of me immediately, saying if i was there think i wil run like mad, mayb wil scare until xiao liao... bt they stil continue with their food... cannot make it!

pheb

jap girl,

yikes! that's soooooo gross!!!! oh man...now i dun think i wanna eat anything at river valley/zion road area already!

in sec 3 bio class, we had to dissect cockroaches. lucky thing i had a crazy classmate who loves to catch cockroach so she collected for the whole class else i gotta catch 2 myself. so anyhow, the whole level had these cockroaches, some were not preserved as long and till today i believe mine was half dead only. we had to cut open and there i was one hand holding up the cockcroach with forceps and the other hand a magnifying glass. somehow my hands and brain can't coordinate well...i moved the magnifying glass so close i got such a shock i screamed and dropped everything. the whole lab was errr...shocked also :p

anyway the grossiest part is one of my classmates went around to gather the wings of the cockroaches and she used them as petals for a flower collage she made to send to some guy
happy.gif
she liked that guy ok?

greenie

styloBB, u r rite, i cant stand it when pple can wear t-shirts wif tt creature prints on... and pple wear lizards pendants! oh gosh!!!! i simply cant understd!!!!

u noe wat? i am usually the blur blur kind... wun spot my frens even when they r in front of me, and the sotong kind. the thing is when it comes to spotting lizards, i am like a super sharp spotter anytime! really!!!! i can spot it when my hb even cant. very sensitive to lizards movemts..... hahahaha
lol.gif

yah, keep lesser things so wun attract flies.

naturally, yah i think we really chia-lat, really so terrfied of lizards... i cant imagine if the whole bunch of us whom r so terrified of lizards, get to see the lizards at the same time... we will sure scream out heads off! hahahahaa
biggrin.gif

japanese girl, u r rite... i am no afraid of cockraoch. i am not even afraid of those tt can fly... in fact, when i see a coackroach, i will chase it until it dies under my hands... very bad of me hor?
proud.gif

ms yi dian dian... hi-5, we both r the same category... cockroach proof but lizard phobics! hehehehe
lol.gif

pheb, hehehehe, tt was a very funnie incident... the way u described abt urself being freaked out by the cockroach disecting, i think i will react the same way as u if it was a lizard. thankfully i wasnt a biology student, else i rather flunk tt subject than to touch a lizard... eeeeeeee... i simply cant imagine... think i will juz faint & die in front of everybody! :p

chern

Hi, I am super terrified of cockroaches as well...but not so scared of lizard...hahaha...
when i see a cockroach, i will scream & yell but dun even dare to spray insecticide on it and not even go near it. i will always beg my parents to kill it. if it's in the toilet, i dun even dare go in or bath until it is dead...and if in my bedroom, i can't sleep at all and will even go to the living room to sleep.
terrible hor.....hahaha...

stylobb

starz
Yah, there was once someone interviewed this person who collects all sorts of lizard stuff: figurines, t-shirt, etc. I thot she's mad or what...

Eek...I hear that they are cold to the touch!! Cold-blooded mah! ANd they dun fall straight, they will fall at an angle. When I see one, either I get so scared or shocked..and my goose pimples will stand up.
Also quite scared of cockroaches but not as bad as lizard. We just tracked down one the other nite and killed it.
There was once this stupid thing was hanging by one of my boxes... and it never seemed to move. Really gave me the creeps, I asked my dad to please get rid of it.
Thankfully my house is quite empty so does not attract them.

pheb
No lah, I cannot imagine myself dissecting anything like that!

chern
My friend told me dun know if it's her or someone else, the cockroach went into the shower cap ! Eek..

stylobb

naturally
Yah, sacrifice a towel, either that or use the Scott thick tissue but still you got the phobia when picking it up. I try not to think too much, just quickly dispose.

greenie

styloBB,
u mean tt this kind of person really exists? eeee, gives me the creeps... i cant even bear the thot of seeing a cartoon lizard, let alone a real one. even if the lizard is dead lying on the floor, i will still scream lor.. simply cant stand the sight of them....

yah, i heard they r very cold to the touch too... eeee... rem i said the lizard fell on me? surprisingly, i din feel any coldness at all. i think it was too fast 4 me to feel it.... ggrrrr... anyway i think the lizard probably lost its balance and fell on me... when i screamed so loudly, prob it felt my screaming vibration and it ran away very fast w/o me even seeing it! hahahahaa..

i no need to ask my parents or my hb to get rid of it, they wil do it automatically when i start screaming hysterically. hahahahaha
lol.gif

stylobb

starz
Yah, have, cos I saw that in a magazine - they featured this person. It was so gross looking at the stuff she has. Groan, can't imagine touching one! In my parents' kitchen cabinet, ever saw one scurrying away... from that time, have phobia whenever I open cabinet. I think the older flats have more... At least your hb can save you, mine is just as scared as me so we always try to boost each other's courage!! Like one will spray shelltox, the other will pour the water.
One nite I spotted one scurrying across my living room, it was too fast and went to hide among the wires of my tv, think the next day it went to the common bathroom and I was so angry (tho a bit scared), I managed to kill it with boiling water.

greenie

styloBB, oh dear, ur hb as afraid as u r? then i can imagine its a challenge.
sad.gif

but do u think the more u see them, the less scared u r? i ever heard tt the more u r afraid of the creature, the more we shld try to get close to it to lessen our phobia... but i cant... sure fail.. the moment i see it, i scrambled as far as i cld 4 the exit, screaming hysterically along the way! hahaha
lol.gif

most of the pple ard me like frens & colleagues already saw my unglam side when i saw the lizard! hahahah
biggrin.gif

yah, i canyt imagine got pple tt loves lizard!
crazy.gif

pisces

hi all,
I used hv these creature in my unit too, but after i burnt my lampe berger, they all seem to disappear liao, then i found out that there are mixture of some herbs that insects are afraid of!Now i dont see them ard anymore!!!
happy.gif

naturally

Starz... i had the same thinking as u, thot if i force myself to get close and kill them, i will have less phobia, but no leh... my disgust only got worse!

Tell u all, last night i was telling my hubby how come lately never see that stupid thing, we have one which always lurks around our aircon compressor unit in evenings (i suspect it hides inside our aircon trunking during the day!). And then i saw it!! A head with a beady eye popped out from behind a corner!! I'm surprised like dat i can also recognise... it machiam like answering me: it's still around!! Wat audacity! Maybe i shd spray insect repellent around my aircon compressor? But i'm afraid it will suddenly jump out!
sad.gif

hui, can tell me wat herbs can chase off those creatures? thank u thank u!!

pisces

nat,
its not herb la, its lampe berger, a kind of burner that u pour ur essential oil in, its not cheap lor, its a kind of MLM product,I bo-bian den buy it and join as member in order to get rid of insects. Then aft using it, my sis-in-law & frens also want it, then we accumulate all in one account, now i got 38% discount liao, the bottol & oil is sold seperately, oil is S$84+ and the bottol depends on design ranging frm ard $100.

fates

Hello krazbi! all!

I am terrified of lizards too!! argghhh! Simply hate them.......
Our kitchen has one or two lurking around, and I always call it our maid's pet....LOLzzz....they're quite big and fat you know....yucks! *hair stand*

Oh will lampe berger helps? Which scent in particular??