Anyone Went To Bangkok or Hong Kong To Custom Made Their Gown?

lichristin

Hi, I am thinking of going to bangkok or Hong Kong to custom- made my gown. Anybody tried before? Can share with me your experience?

jumbo

hi lichristin, I'm thinking of going to HK to made my kua and my friend suggest to go Thailand to made. Can't find my kua in sg. Still pending, waiting for my fh to decide. I've friend whose wife's a thai and my friend tailor his suit at thailand. they are willing to help me on that. Another friend of mine is quite familiar with HK, if we're going to HK, he's willing to help us too. But all still pending...

lichristin

wow....me thinking of gg bkk to make my gown and my hubby suit also... but we don know where to find it...and i tinking of gg hk to make my kua also and i will be flying off to hk this weekend for 2 weeks so need to know which is better?
Do your thailand friend say it is cheaper over there? Is it possible for you to help me find out which is the place to go for to tailor make gown & suit? Would really appreciate yr help...thks a lot....

jumbo

By the way, when is ur AD and PS? If ur AD and PS are still quite sometimes then dun have to rush. As u tend to lose weight before PS and AD, u need someone to alter ur gowns and u might have difficulty on tat. Heard from my friend that duration of making gowns and suits quite fast, dun have to make 2nd trip down

lichristin

oh...my wedding in dec....and my PS we have not decide when yet....so wan to know how long in advance do i have to make the gown.,..when is yrs also? anyway really appreciate yr help....thks

jumbo

just called my friend, he doesn;t hv the add leh. Are u or ur fh familiar with bk? he said u can go any tailor to have urs done. There are alot of tailor there. Or wat info u need me to ask him, i can help u to ask.

lichristin

oh....any tailor huh....hmm...then it's okie...we can look for it ourself....but roughly do you know the cost? Is it exp? so sorry to trouble you...

zhuzhu

Hi All

Me also flying to HKG this wkend..actual intention was to do a cheongsum there..but I checked with my HKG colleague..4 days might be abit too short to do cheongsum..so give up the idea..i think if i can find some cheap fabric there to do cheongsum..I might as well buy back and get a tailor to do..or else buy OTR if I saw any

lichristin

Hi ZhuZhu,

Wow u be in Hong Kong this weekend too? Hmm me too...will look around and source for it over there.....good luck to us....
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi ZhuZhu,

I'll be going to Hong Kong in June and thinking of getting Cheongsum as well...

Do share with us your experience after your trip ok?

Thanks

zhuzhu

HI Lichristin & Postpet2

My HK colleague check out the price for CS at 2 of the HK BS..she was saying if u get OTR..it will cost HK$1000..which is about S$220..and if u MTM it will cost HK$1300 onwards..which is nearly S$300..then the tailor say..if not complicated design..can finished the CS within 4 days..

Lichristin
u flyin to HK on which date? Stayin at what hotel? I haven even collect my air tix yet..tsk tsk

lichristin

Hi Zhuzhu,

so is the CS consider cheap?
i also not sure if it is worth it a not..but will go take a look...i flying off this fri and coming back next sun...will be there for 10 days....and i am staying at pruden prudential hotel in jordon...how abt you? when u flying off & which hotel u stay ??

zhuzhu

HI Lichristin
Errrr..i think the price of CS is about the same as SNG lar..maybe a bit cheaper lor..cos like if u go to this shop call Bjorn at marina sq..it cost u S$280 (i think, can't remember) OTR..but maybe there got more special design lor..

Me flying this sat staying at kimberley hotel..but until now..my air tix still not collected yet...I must say this SA Tours services sucks big time.

pam

Hi,
I did my ROM dress in Bangkok, and it was cheap and quick.
I ordered the dress on Fri afternoon and on Sat evening the dress is ready and 1 hr is needed for any alteration.
The tailor is in MBK shopping centre and the dress cost me abt S$200 for a knee length silk dress with shawl. Design is simple but with some beads sewn on the shawl and dress. My mum also did her 2 pc gown there, S$400 for a 2 pc suit with long skit for evening.
Actually also wanted to go shanghai to make a cs as my tea dress. cheap and fast with beautiful silk to choose from. in the end settled to wear sarong kebaya as my tea dress coz no time to make the trip to china.

melodie

Hi Pam,

Can I have your contact for the tailor. going to BKK next week. Which level of MBK is the tailor located at?
happy.gif
Tks!

loveluis

Hi Jumbo,

I found this shop @ Peoples Park Centre (near Golden Dragon), they have Kuas for rental
happy.gif

Hope this information helps :D

lichristin

Hi Pam,
THanks a lot for yr information. It really mean a lot to me. Okie so the shop is located at MBK shopping centre? Do they tailor day gown also? sorry for asking so much..but would really appreciate yr help

bamboobride

hi pam,

do u have the unit number of the tailor? i am going to gangkok next thurs. thought of making a tea dress there.

thanks
cin

jumbo

Hi loveluis, thanx for your info. Really scared can't find my kua cos I'm rather big in size... But will give it a try. U got urs there too?

carole

i was thinking to do my FH's suit in Bkk... i find that the price there is pretty reasonable... i will keep a look out for making of the Bridal Gown... hope to get somethign there too... i have lots of evening gowns from bkk... so i am no lack of it.. i will be heading to bkk in july.. and will be making my Thank You card in bkk too...

postpet2

Hi carole,

You've made quite a few EG in BKK before?
Do you think you can share more with me on where you had had it done and do you have to really tell them what you want or is this a designer as well?
Are the dresses elaborate kind?
Sorry for being so lor sor...but me interested as well...
thanks

carole

Postpet2: i bought most of them off the Rack.. as they are nice enuff for formal dinners. I am a freelance Emcee and require to have a few EG... they are nice .. and good.. cheap too. abt 100 plus - 200 plus...

not very elaborated.. nice and good... u can go MBK the ground flr or the 3rd flr (If i can remember correctly) they have lots of them... ready to be sold to you.. some can alter on the spot.

zhuzhu

Hi Ladies

I just came back from HKG..errr..din manage to get any CS down there..I went to Sham shui Po to try to find fabric shops..but only saw a couple there..but i realised that the street where my hotel is had a whole stretch of bridal shop..something like our Tras street..if u gals are interested to go there n visit their bridal shop..u can choose to stay in kimberley hotel or empire kowloon hotel..overall..i think maybe BKK is a better place to MTM dress

postpet2

Thanks carole, you going to BKK to do your cards too?
I heard that its real worth to get it done there...
where you going to make it?

carole

postpet2: likely to be at MBK... there are a few shoplets doing it... will keep a look out on the price for u and let u know when i come back. gng to make my FH Mandarin Collar there too..

postpet2

thanks carole...

glad to know that you are also interested in going to BKK to do cards...

me thinking of going in august or so...
keep me updated ok?

huiling

Hi, can anyone tell me where can i get fabrics from bangkok? was thinking of buying tulle or other type of fabrics for venue decoration. do you know how much cheaper is it over at thailand?

c1980

anyone got any other contacts in BKK? i am thinking of going this month end and as its first time there... kinda lost

mrsleong

dubdub: my sugeestion to u... dun try... u can get ur evening gowns to be done there, but not the KUA, along the streets of Chinatown, there is a shop selling n renting KUAs too. try them.

dubdub

may ling, so the evening gown issit mtm the design that i wan? for kua, how much is the renting and selling price?

mrsleong

dubdub: yes u might get wat u wan there... but at times u have to be careful, as u might not speak their language and they might not understand wat u wan. i am not sure abt the kua pricing n rental. i know House of Ettique have it for sale n rent tooo at Tanjong Pagar.

a2002

Have anyone thought of getting a kua from Australia? My friend's friend bought her a very beautiful "kua" from Australia for about $500. I find the "kua" sold in Singapore are very expensive and can be double that price. I saw in the bridal magazines, a very very simple one cost more than $400 just for rent. And the $4xx range for rent looks really simple and not nice. I find it not worth renting if I can buy very nice one to keep at the rental price offered in Singapore.
My sis went to Shanghai to make a top for about $100. It looks very nice with lots of embroidery like the simple kua we can rent here. Furthermore, it's made to measure.
I might consider going to Shanghai to make one set, or Vietnam to make an "ao-sai". If anyone of you have any lobang, please tell me...

kellyfanny

hihi.. getting to knw that u guys has made your gown at BKK, MBK.. erm.. can i have the address too?? can email mi the add?? thanz..!!

hw do u guys find the inviation card at BKK?? was it nice?? was it much much cheaper than Singapore?

i also thought of going there to make my gown n get my inviation card done there..

genesisgalaxy

Hi I just returned from Bkk and I saw a shop at MBK with bridal gowns on the upper levels. The gowns are displayed and rotated electronically at the shop's entrance. The gowns are detailed and shimmmered under the light. I must say that the standard was beyond my expectations. Naturally, some of the gowns may have inclinations towards the thai culture but there should be more gowns geared for international purposes.

There is a shop at the Ground level of MBK which makes Men's suits. That shop is directly opposite two shoe shops (u cant miss the 2 shoe shops on the ground level..they are super brightly lit and always crowded with people.)Each suit costs from $150. It's rather cheap, considering the fact that in sg, it costs abt $100 -$200 to rent an OTR suit while for a mere $150, u get to keep the MTM suit for life. The quality of the material used is comparable to that provided by most BS or even better.

I saw this shop at Pratunam (near the 3 hotels Eastin, D'Ma & bangkok palace). If your back is facing eastin hotel, follow the stretch of road along the railway track. Once u reach a junction, there is this shop by the name of Duo Uomo (or something like that). They have this huge sign outside that reads something like 2 suits, 2 silk shirts, 2 pants, 2 casual shirts (and more i cant think of anything) for a total cost of US $300 or $400 which i think is very cheap coz u can't get that in sg! Quality wise, i can't say since I only caught a glimpse of the shop while in the cab.

If you're looking for pants, formal or smart casual, a shop by the name of ALAN has quite good quality stuff. My husband bought some smart casual pants from ALAN for dressing up on weekends & he's quite particular abt quality. He thinks that brands like Giordano and U2 sell overpriced pants which lack quality while Springfield sells reasonable stuff. So i guess if your hubby likes Springfield pants, he may like those at ALAN. There are two ALAN branches in MBK itself - one on the ground level and the other on the 3rd floor (i think!)

Though I didn't purchase any for myself, i hope this info helps any bride/groom looking for gowns or suits or pants in bangkok. Thank goodness I've all BS / Photography stuff settled. Good luck gals! :p

(in case u're wondering why I can remember everything in detail, that's coz I've been to bangkok 8 times since 2000!) hahaha
happy.gif

coolqoo

hi there,

i'm new here.. would like to know if it is better to take up a package from the bridal shops or to go get my own gowns and other stuffs individually?

If taking up packages, then which bridal shop is better?.. most of the shops that i went a a bit on a hardsell lor.. so i dunno which is good or which is not... can some one please advise? [email protected]

natly

If u wanna look for wedding stuff in HK, can try their bridal building at Prince Edward MTR there. It's like our Tanjong Pagar with many shops under one building. Their kuas are lovely!

dowellress

If u want to buy EG, u can go to Bai Yoke Suite Hotel. There are shops selling EG OTR. The price is also cheaper. Can buy 1 gown below $80.00. If not, u can walk around the stalls around the hotel. It's something like our market. There is a shopping centre in front of Baiyoke Sky Hotel, there is a shop at top level(near food stall), also selling. That side also seeling dresses for flower girl.

I've just made my evening gown at that shop Iris was mentioning. It's a simple long lacey gown to the pattern I like. It's located at Indra shopping arcade - just beside the Baiyoke Sky hotel - 2nd floor - shop's name Vanda Boutique can email [email protected] to enquire. They MTM wedding dresses and also have OTR dresses. Design wise quite good. Got what I want - made within 2 days.
happy.gif

dreamdoll

Hi Iris,

I was reading about your post regarding the area also selling flower gal dresses. How are the dresses like? Would you know the price range?

pinkpeeps

Hi bubblybride-
can u mail me pics of e gown u made at Indra shopping arcade - Vanda Boutique?

thx! pinkpeeps @gmail.com

littlebride723

Hi,
I know of a HongKong/Shanghai cheongsam tailor in Singapore who make really good tailored-make cheongsam.
If you want to know more, pls contact Mr Lam @ 98364076.(Cantonese/ Mandarin Speaking)