Anyone resigned without a job

bella

Hi all,

Just curious how many of you actually resigned without a job.

Im in HR field and intend to resign without a job. Any advise.

Cheers,
Jos

bao_bao

Hi Bella,

I didn't exactly resigned w/o a job but was w/o job for some time. I suggest that you stayed with your job till you find a new one- you will probably have more bargaining power.
It is unfortunate that SIngapore employers reflect the kiasu attitude. You become undesirable if you are jobless.
I have been in the same situation and am still now. Just be focused in getting a new job. I wish you well.

jasminetea

Hi Bell,

What is your reason to intending to resign from your job without a new job?

I'm also planning to do that by end of the year if everything go well. I'm intending to take the opportunity to do stuff that I cannot do so as holding a full time job. Such as upgrading certain skills, take more time to accompany my ageing parents, have a bit more time to "pamper" my hubby and somemore other things
happy.gif

I agreed with Baobao though tt it might be diffcult to find another job again. That is why I'm also in dismay.

How about you?

chrysanne12

Hi bella,

Since u are in the HR field, i'm sure u are more aware of this suitation.

anyway, yes it is better in the current suitation to find a job b4 resigning loh!

I too finding for another job, sian of my present work

ribena

hi there..
i think its better to find a job first before resigning if you have certain commitments or your salary is high..
if salary is not too high plus really really cannnot tahan the co. or work as in its affecting you very much, then resign and concentrate fully on searching for a new job.
For me, i am now looking for a job cos i don't see myself happy in this current one.

bella

Hi Jasminetea,

The reason for leaving the current job is that there are limited prospect in my company. Moreover, my job scope had been increasing without any increment. Hence, wanted to leave current company.

Chrysannel12,

You mention that you finding new job now but have you tender your resignation letter?

bella

Hi ribena,

I agree with u. However, how do you manage to find job if you are still holding current job as you will be taking leaves more often just to go for an interview.

gwyen

I resigned w/o a job just a few days before my AD last year. after that went honeymoon and shook legs for abt 4 months. Now back in the work force.

Of cos, if your current job is intolerable and u have enough savings, then follow yr heart and quit. But, u must be very discipline and keep on applying for job.

chrysanne12

Hi bella,

no lah! i haven't given my resignation letter yet, die die need a job b4 i quit loh! got committments

moreover, b4 i got married i even resign without a job and i was out of job for more than 6 mths...so now got scare already oh!

my workplace is still bearable just that I'm under paid and also no job satisfaction, so sian most of the time...drag myself to work each morning, I am the happiest gal around on Fridays becos no need to work on Sat and Sun ma!!..kekeke...

mymelody_25

hi gals,

am glad to find this thread!
m currently very unhappy with my job too. very tempted to leave but am scared of bumming around for too long. terrible boss and unfriendly colleagues.....

intra_gal

hi there,

i have just tendered n is currently servicing my notice.. and yes, i tendered without a job..

reasons - no career advancement n empty promises n no due recognition for my work n effort..

anyway, i was oso in a sitn where i was in dilemma - to resign or not.. after serious months of consideration, i decided to tender and i am giving myself half a year to rest n do things which i couldnt find time 2 do n explore on other opportunites..
happy.gif

although i m married, hv no commitments,no debts to clear, no kidz, quite a thrity person myself.. so kinda lucky n my hubby is oso supportive

if u always wanting to leave, however afraid of no job.. i find tat its a torture since everyday u r dragging urself to face things that u hate.. however its up 2 individual's sitn, so weigh carefully!

i wish all n myself gd luck in looking 4 a better job..

huiqing_carrie

Hi all,
I also hoping to tender, my boss just don't like my existence in this company. my wedding is coming, and i already saved enough for it, yet i dare not resign without a job lor. i have 2 friends resigned end of last year, till now still can't find any job le.
so i guess, if we are to resign without a job, we have to be prepared for the worst like without a full time job for half a year, prepare to work part-time or any temp jobs.

gwyen

yes, if u find your savings dwindling and got bills to pay, then must be prepared to look for a temp job.

chrysanne12

Hi gals,

what i understand from my graduate friends who are jobless and not fussy that even temp jobs are hard to come by now leh!
I got phobia after I last time resign without a job, my life was like every morning wake up, check all the classified job vancanies and call, then go and check the internet for jobs! keep sending resumes after resumes till don't know where else to look for job liao...

this time ard i told myself to tahan till i find something, wat to do..kekeke

yoko

hi

me also jobless for 9 months liao. Gana harrassment during by last job lor. furthermore i m a overseas graduates, newly married and work experience is limited. when i went interview, got alot of feedback that co prefer local graduates and being newly married, co scared i got pregnant

rabbitwsk01

Hi Yoko,

Co prefer local grads... hmmm, not really true. Just tt u hv not meet those that appreciate your talent yet. A suitable will come soon...
Meanwhile, u can keep busy with temp cos tt might bring some chances of getting perm job, or starting ur own biz
happy.gif

Dun worry
happy.gif

Cheers
happy.gif

ribena

hi chrysanne
how's your job hunting? i'm trying to ren vry hard in this co. told myself no matter what, will faithfully send resumes out everyday from today onwards.

chrysanne12

Hi ribena,

not so good lah, sending out resumes but not getting called for interviews...never mind, I console myself that at least I've a job so be happy abt it...as i know there are a lot of pple who are unempolyed for quite some....
why from today onwards u'll send out resumes faithfully ah? sorry, a bit blur after having sotong for lunch....kekeke

iliac

Hi,

May i ask what are the usual reasons people leave a job? Do u think not liking what u are doing is a good reason? And usually how long do people work before they change job?

ribena

hi chrysanne,

oh its ok. becos i have been wanting to look for another job for some time already. but too busy to send resumes, say only, not much action.
i really can't take it anymore, so from today onwards must seriously look for job faithfully loh.
hmm..what kind of jobs u looking for, i heard from my friend job mkt picking up leh.

hi guest,
my reasons for wanting to leave is i am now covering 2 persons job, which is a LOT of work, and my mgr sucks. also, the environment here vry gloomy kind.

iliac

Hi ribena,

Thanks for your feedback. So u have a few reasons for leaving. What if everything else is fine except u don't like the job, will u quit?

cheerios

4 years back, i tendered w/o a job becos totally cant stand the boss. Plus I need to give 2 mths notice, hard to find a new job which was willing to wait 2 mths for me, so I quitted first, buay tahan liao.
crazy.gif

Dat time still not married and no commitments plus family and hb (then bf) were supportive becos they saw how hard i worked and how unhappy i was. While serving notice, I sent out a few resumes and went for abt 2 to 3 interviews ... Lucky for me, just 2 weeks after i served my last day, my current company offered me and had wanted me to start asap. veri happy now, nice colleagues and boss... this is my 4th year here!
happy.gif

All the best to all looking for jobs! May u find something good!!
happy.gif

chrysanne12

Hi cheerios,

it is nice that u are happy with your job, i guess that it is very important becos i think we spent most of the time in the office so if u are not happy then it does impact quite a fair bit loh!

ah yeah! for me my present job is very boring, no prospects and low salary...i find that most of the jobs advertisments now want someone to start immediately.
i also don't know how long can tahan liao

mint

Hi chrysanne12,
During the interview, you can explain to them that you need to serve notice before joining them. Most companies will understand and keep the place for you.

ribena

hi chrysanne12
i tendered early tis month. next thurs my last day!!
happy.gif

i'm still looking out for a job, more active since i tendered cos i really have not much time to send resume when i still working. no news yet, but definately there are jobs out there now. i'm feeling positive, and VERY HAPPY that i've quit. cos i'm really better off than working in this co.
good jobs are worth the wait. look at cheerios for example! keep trying
happy.gif

chrysanne12

hi ribena,

it is good that u are happy, yeah since u can start work immediately, i'm sure there will be more opportunities for u

u take care

cheerios

I certainly hope my case is a form of encouragement for you gals!

Yes Chrysanne, being happy in a job is veri impt to me. My previous job made so unhappy that till now, 4 years later, i still remember!!
sad.gif
Boss not understanding, picked on everything you do, show black face, very piercing with her choice of words and demands etc etc ... everyday I dragged going to work, then plus burnt my weekends, I practically got no life! Not to mention, as if she paid me very well.. nah!

I'm veri glad I found my current job. Although my current boss jus matches my pay back then, the benefits I got are veri good, like maternity, bonus etc ... most importantly, the ppl here are much better. I also got promoted with increased salary, so life is certainly better now.

No point dragging our feet to work ... but i understand, at times, there are financial constraints... so i hope those who hv quitted will find something better soon or those looking for a new job then will quit ones, will quickly find one soon to replace old job!!! Cheers!

pamela

just to share.. I resigned without a job .. and had been bumming ard for 2 weeks todate. Is a very much happier person and think my black hair is returning.. haha

Took the time to start learning new skills/hobbies like sewing.. setting up own web page.. baking.. I had a friend who told me this.. if you had been DAMN unhappy at one place... chances is that ANY place will be better! haha
Planning to go for a trip before I embark on my next phrase in my life (search for new job)..

Never thought I would ever leave without a job.. but it had gone way beyond my tolerence level. Conclusion: if you have the savings to tahan.. and your next of kin (hubby) supports u (my parents did not though!) follow your heart.. you WILL be a much happier person! so.. GET A LIFE! (I used to work 12 hrs oe more EVERYDAY.. damn no life!)

sakurasan

I have been terribly unhappy in my job. I really hate going to work every morning and at the end of the day, I feel worse coz I felt that I had wasted my entire day again!

I am at this stage in my life where I wonder whether the pain of staying on is greater or lesser than quitting w/o a job.
sad.gif

caicai

i hate my job too, got nitemares too.
but holding out coz of commitments to my customary wedding tis yr....
but going to suffer depression soon if this stressed up life continues :<

boy

Don't like my line, so planning to study something i like all over again. But now having problem deciding when i want to tender to look for another job which will allow me to study.

smileysmiley

both caicai and boy, dun be so depressed... U r both working now to make ur wedding beautiful.. Try to cheer up, think abt the happy things.. When are ur weddings?

magix

i oso feel like resigning from job.... sigh.... but cant afford to do that w/o getting another... need to pay 4 the mthly hse instalment leh..
sad.gif

i hv not reached the extent that will drag myself to work but i can forsee i will b if i still dun do anything... sigh...

gingercoke

i tendered without a job last mth !
it beats having to face a worthless batch of ppl and drag myself to work everyday.
:p~~

demure

I did that in 2003 and was happily jobless for 6 months. (I was prepared to be jobless for up to a year as the economy was bad then.) I spent my time in Orchard Road shopping, having high tea and even massages!!!
biggrin.gif

whenever any of my ex-colleagues needed someone for a kopi in town, they will call me as more often than not, I'll be somewhere nearby, hee hee.

It was a very relaxing break and certainly perked me up for my next job.
happy.gif

c1tyger

Wah...hmm, noe i'm abit out of date here but..I've just tendered w/o a job too!! Need to serve a month's notice though and am actively looking for one. So afraid dat my FH will scold me but luckily he didnt..he juz say, juz make sure u go find another one loh.

Actually, got the guts to tender cos i got my performance bonus liao and the very last straw came when i applied for a week's leave n juz on my 1st day of leave, they called me and asked me to go back and clear 'abit of work cos ur covering cannot tahan'. I so angry, i called my pal to type out my resignation letter and print out for me. When i reached the officer, i juz hand it to my boss..then i cancelled all my leave.

Although only 1 more mth, i still dread gg to my office. Its a horrible feeling. And getting cold treatments from boss after i tendered, lagi worse..duno why they take it so personally.

In a happier mood now, cos got interview on wed =)))..

papermoon

harlow....i also tender w/o a job since last mth...wenzhu and the rest, u found a job oredi? i'm takin this time to source for weddin stuff lor...quite worried too...

skylar

hi pple,

no worries lah... i also resigned without a job previously... had a rough time scaring myself that economy is bad ...blah..blah..blah...but hey, its ok... just dun give up ya!

there is always a better job out there!

suelynn

Hi gals, I oso am without a job. But I din really tender la, my contract ended n they offer me a position in another dept which I dun like, turn down tat offer....So After they inform me I din really search for job....nw almost a mth tat I m jobless ald. Going for some interviews past few weeks...Feeling demoralised as days goes by

I oso have interview on wed! gals jiayou!

interrace

For the past two times, i quit w/o job.
first time was in dec 2003, found new job in april 2004, then quit in sept 2004, and found one in oct 2004,now..thinking of quiting, but with the upcoming flat and wedding preps...not able to be so daring again, got to find another before i leave, how's the mkt these days ?
anyone can advise ?

papermoon

harlow to all again! let's encourage each other and do not give up k! today i going for a 2nd round of interview which i tot oredi gone case cos the 1st round was like 3rd week of march mah ...let's hope things turn out well really can't afford to remain jobless w the upcoming weddin preps like what interrace had mentioned...

ms_vain

hi all,

this morning i just tendered my resignation. at the momemt, i have not found a job yet. come to think of it, its pretty scary coz not sure what's gona happen.

whiteveil

Hi all,

mi also thinking of resigning w/o a job too! have been dragging my feet to work for the past 6 mths but currently bz with reno stuff and hubby said we cant afford to be jobless....
sad.gif

interrace

Dear All,

Good luck to those looking for job(including myself)
what are the reasons u all gave for leaving a company ? is there ever a valid reason?
Maybe we will end up switching places..haha..
happy.gif

papermoon

well i wasn't interested in the nature of my job and i felt i was like a highly paid clerk regardless of the title of my job. i joined bcos that time it was hard to find a job and i started partx then convert to fullx lor....