Anyone feels lousy without a PROPOSAL?

agag

You create some topic but wouldn't be quiet lar... hehe...
happy.gif

btw, did any of your bridal package is with Di Gio, Divine Couture or Silhouette? Any feedback though I know it's not relevant to this thread... :p

agag

oh really? But hor, I heard Silhouette package doesn't include PS, it's a separate cost. The normal package is abuot 4-5k excluding PS. Is it that expensive? Initially I think PS is included but but...

Yet to go down and speak to them though but wanted to collect some ideas first.

tan33a

uhmm i never take their package.. so i'm not very sure.. because my AD is not in Sg.. i think you go down there and talk to them ba.. they're very friendly!
happy.gif

gin

Hi Green,
I am divorcing... -.-
I wonder how come u managed to 'dig' that old postings of mine? anyway I registered way way back...i am like 8 yrs old in this forum...OMG...

doLL,
I am divorcing...anyway previous I also had no proposal but only on ROM day he sing a song kneeling down onli...

sgbabydoll

Gin, that could explain why your current bf doesn't feel right to propose yet? As long as you are not legally divorced, anything could happen. Be fair to him and yourself.

Hypothetically, if my bf is still divorcing, I would give him time and space to settle the formality before even talk about marriage, let alone a wedding proposal. Of course this is only my perspective, being practical, logical, and self-protective.

shirleypoise

Gin, I went thru this too. Frens and colleagues were asking me how my hubby had proposed to me. I told them he din. We bot the engagement ring tog, cuz i have discount on the month of my birthday, so he say we buy 1st. I got to choose my engagement ring..

Whenever I ask him when he's proposing, he'd say he's waiting for me to propose. That became our private joke and something that I had looked forward to sharing with my kids in the future. He finally proposed to me on new year's day, when the fireworks are in the air, the air of romance, the knee on the floor, the engagement ring on my finger. Naturally I said yes.

But my marriage din even last thru the 1st year.

So formal proposal or not, the most impt thing is that he tells you that he loves u and he means it. Some guys dun know how to be romantic.

If it really bothers u so much, just ask him.

miloice

Those mouths are on others faces, not yours. u cannot control one.
How you react to them is what matters, u cannot hope that everything will go your way so that others have nothing to compare or comment about. This is simply NOT possible.

So, realize this. Alot of the frustrations are contributed by your own reaction. i.e. how you choose to be affected by it. Just because auntie and KS compares and compares, why must you be so affected by it? Its the same about bully victims in sch. Normally, their reactions are what spurs others interests.

gin

Hi Green,
Si mi 'Zhang Lao' la! :p HAHAAHA My surname is 'Zhang' la..HAHAHAA..call me this 30 yrs down the road ok? :p

Hie Lolliepop,
I tried, and give this r/s for 2.5 yrs before I eventually give up. I think at least I tried ba!
happy.gif
Heard that he is a better person now...

hi doLL,
Hee..I just bring this up as a poll...to see how many ladies would feel this way that's all.
happy.gif

Hie MrsFong2b,
what you mean by 'din last thru the 1st year'? Erm...same as me? Well alot of ladies 'in front' already shared about who cares got proposal or not...but how long the marriage last matters most.
happy.gif
*huggies* Nah it din really bothers me much...if I have the proposal on video, I can show it to my guest during my wedding...if there is.
happy.gif
It's so boring to show kids photos...really... :p

Hilo Milo Kor...(i guess u older than me la :p) :p

Hi Thomas,
When I share with friends abt my case, all the eyes suddenly become so 'sad' u noe like precious moments dolls eyes...and say 'oh..take care'...lol...in fact I am happier than I was few years back!
happy.gif
Nothing to be sorry about!

tan33a

yea.. glad to hear you're happier now, Gin. at least you've made a decision for yourself, and not get stuck in a marriage that doesn't make you a happy person like it's supposed to be. hehe..

anyway.. guess i'm not the only one that the hubby din go down on his knee to propose. haha.. because my friend used to ask "how did he propose ah??" i said he never, and they go "haaa? never ahh?" like they're the only ones disappointed. lol.

gin

Hi Thomas,
I saw u in 01/2010 thread so u getting married soon too right?
happy.gif
You are one happy 'lady-man' lol..cos usually ladies surf the forum instead of the guys :p

Hi Lollie,
Ya.
happy.gif
I tot of changing myself for him...what he do, I also do...I even resort to go and join him online in his game session just to tok to him in the game though we might be juz in different room...or perhaps next door.
sad.gif
He is more like not responsible in his career back then...and i alone supporting until i give up. Now i serious debts cos of these too. Nm...it's over. Was packing my old pics and wedding photos in carton cos I am shifting...no heart to burn or throw cos I am in those pics...-.-"
When we say 'he din propose' ppl is like oh...then will they tink that we are desperate to get married? HAHAHAH

thommy

Gin: yup, AD next yr...I am haha. just feel that it's not right to let my wife do all the planning of our big day, I shld chip in too so here I am, doing research at the same time too haha. She always laughs at me saying I can't wait to be married...lol

u have the right to seek ur own happiness...one failure doesn't mean u are bound to fail forever.
happy.gif

"Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up"

agag

Wah... you're so sweet. My HTB can't really seems to be bothered... looks like i'm kan cheong-ing by myself... :\

When I 'complain' then he'll say "cos you said it's once in a lifetime, you have certain 'dream-wedding' so i'll leave most to you to see what you actually want..."

tan33a

Gin,
i'm glad u came to ur senses.. becos we dun hv to change ourselves to be able to stay with someone.. unlessssss.. u're changing from bad to good. anyway, it's over..

and yaaaa.. ppl gave that kind of funny look when i said my hubby din propose.. and my AD's in october this yr.. i'm so kan cheong~ hahaha.. my hubby's so-so lah.. dun seem to be as kan cheong as me, but also not tat ignorant. haha..

gin

Dear Thomas,
U r such a SWEET Guy...ur WTB is definitely a fortunately lady!
happy.gif
Nice to 'know' u...
happy.gif
I would hope that my partner will do the same too...tis at least show he cares? :p He only know how to play DOTA! *pengz*

Milo Di (ok? :p)
ahahahaa...ok young boy...my powder kor is old man le... *runz*

Dear Lollie,
Congrats on ur AD!
happy.gif
hehehheh..mai gan cheong...in fact nothing to be gan cheong abt la! :p

tianai83

Dear All,

New to the thread haha!!!
Hmmm was reading through the old posting.

Well just to share, my HB and i ROM last yr without a proposal. So all this while i was "so-called" complaining to him how come no proposal?
Finally this V'Day he compensate me w/ a proposal.

Hmmmmm But what I would like to add on is as my HB only start to work less than one yr when we were about to ROM so after the ROM, his wallet left only with 30 Bucks to last him to his next pay day.

What i m trying to imply here is that, even with so little money he will left after the ROM, he still insist on marrying me and paying the ROM expenses himself, so with or without the proposal i thin kits not really that important le... Now as we prepare our Banquet stuff I have learn to be more accomodating and understanding.

So just to share.... Although I m earning more than him, but he is paying all the expenses and bia bia bia n oso he loves to get involve with the preparation, we have went to so many Bridal Show and he has nvr complain, will take notes ask question and even head down the the BS with me. therefore I guess this really touched me. The rest of the procedures does not matter le... Right? Haha....

>> Gin, I went to read the other posting also! I salute u!

gin

Hi Tian Ai,
So sweet ur hubby...i also wish my partner will do this...however he is more keen in DOTA :p Anyway but i know he is genuine in his heart la :p

Why salute me?

thommy

Anticipate/Gin: haha no choice I guess, wife only got one so if I dun sayang her, then no one to sayang liao
happy.gif

nice 'knowing' u too Gin...actually she's my wife oredi cos we ROMed last mth liao
happy.gif

it took me a long time to cure my gaming addiction completely, maybe u can have a talk with him and tell him abt ur concerns? to play once in a while is ok, but not to the extent of skipping ur daily chores/work just to play, there's a difference
happy.gif
dun worry, if I can do it, so can he!

tianai83

Gin>>> I salute u becos i felt that you are strong! I went to read the other thread and realize that although with you previous experience with you ex HB, you still can go through all this and live a happier life.

If happen to me i not sure will i be that strong or not haha.

gin

Lollie,
Me 2!! doing the healthy way now :p

Hie Thomas,
Wa...my bf aka htb will also sayang me wan...after his DOTA game.
happy.gif
I know that gaming not his life, but part of his life..i respect that. :p I just sometimes go disturb him for attention. :p He is better than my ex-hub as work time is work, play time is play...I am fine..cos we all got our own 'life'
happy.gif
Now we are learning to 'adapt' to one another. LOL
Congrats on ur ROM~! :p

Hie Tian Ai,
After that grave mistake I made 4 yrs back, it's time to realise that no one can help you but yourself. I been thru so much to realise that friends can be there to listen but cant do much...so I am living for my family...cos my bro also has the same issue as me...married but...:X and he is not staying with us...well another long story...so its my duty to take care of my 2 old folks at home...so where i move, they coming with me...:p
Time will heals...
Perhaps we can chat in MSN? Facebook? Watever..lol

gin

Thomas,
Hee..moderation? erm....everyone got different definition on that. Yeah..I hope that for once I made the right choice!~
happy.gif

lynyong

As our marriage need approval from Ministry of Manpower (I am Malaysian), my hubby didn't propose to me as well. When i ask him sometimes, he will said " if i don't want to live with you for the rest of my life, why i still bother to go Ministry of Manpower personally (he went alone there) to apply for marriage?

We has been married for 13 yrs with 2 healthy boys. We are still enjoying our marriage till now, even he didn't so call "propose to me".

tianai83

Dear Gin,

you can PM me, Haha... I will always pop by to see see look look one... Hmm ya its tough to handle all this family stuff n sometimes really nobody can help...

bochi

Just to share,
My hubby did propose me with nice dinner and 1,5carat lazzare diamond ring eventhough his technical poping question part not so romantic; Then after rom i pregnant rite away, so cancel the wedding dinner.. so i have no wed dinner or even tea ceremony, nor wedding pictures yet until today (my doter will be 2 yrs soon), at first i used to feel sad coz feel like not "complete" yet as a woman; but our marriage so blissfull, hubby so sayang me and such a wonderfull husband and great father to our doter, he fill all our need and give us everything he can. From phisical and material. He still bring me out for dinner or movie, just 2 of us, brought flowers home, write card or love note for me (not romantic poem with those i cant live without u kind of crap, just to say how thankfull he have me in his life or how he love us so much), let me do whatever i want, supportiff towards me, willing to take care of our doter so i can go to salon/spa/just meet friends, and bring me for nice holiday at least twice a year, this coming jun he will bring me for second honeymoon to western europe for 6weeks, coz the first honeymoon (in maldives not so nice for me since i was pregnant and keep vomiting all e time).

So i guess, sometimes all this proposal things or big fat wedding with fairy tale dream not so important, afterall what does count is how the life after the wedding..

Everytime i if bit "jealous" whenever i read wedding magazine or watch someone else video or photo album from someone wedding, i keep remind myself how lucky i am, that eventhough i dont have those big fancy wedding, i do have what i dare to say : perfect fairy tale marriage.. all our frens and relative keep telling me that i'm so bless and lucky to have such a gud husband. So if they think that way, why shouldnt i?

I guess, this proposal and fairy tale wedding become our "the most important thing" is because biz politic act, those hotels, bridal etc, keep showering us with those "neverending happiness wedding" to sell. So i think its depends on us, we should be more mature and wise to see which one is the most important.. it's so stupid to let those lousy feeling not being propose romanticly or having a glamour dinner affect our relationship.. esp those couple who die die have to "show" grand dinner, thinking its everything then end up in a debt! coz its not everything! there are many more important things than how romantic your bf propose u or how nice your dinner was. As for me, eventhough my hubby can afford a grand wedding (we did our rom in shangri la hotel)- i even already got my wedding gown from VW- but i still dont have what so call on my knes proposal or the grand wedding that we've plan before, my life still so beautiful.

Just my 2cent of worth

bochi

Ace,
hahaha.. of course not everything perfect lar dear, but at least he is a good husband and father =)

dinitegrity

Hey everyone,

I do have a proposal but failed. Rather not have one. We choose e ring tgt (even though i kept telling him that I hope he choose for me himself. Cum on, is proposal ring, do i needa tell him that is e norm to buy himself unless e girl insist to look for tgt). He doesnt believe and scare he buy one I don like even though I assure him, I'll love anyone he buy.
Anyway, yeah we bought the ring tgt.
So damn small one cos he no $. 0.01carats.

Den we buy like last Nov, in which he said he gonna propose on xmas eve but due to the weather that day was rainin heavily, he abort e tots.
Den my bday in March, he didnt plan anything! Even though he had promise to take leave to celebrate my bday. Ends up he didnt. Nv even do anything abt it. I am so angry!

2 wks after my bday,
My htb went overseas training in which we cant contact each other. I dono when will he return also, his answer to me b4 he went was 1 or 2 weeks. So throughout the days, we did v v minimal contact. After he return, he surprise me at my hs. Ok that was a surprise though b4 it happened, i ardy kinda expected this to happened as he call my fren and my fren kinda ask abt my bf so I was like 'huh, y u suddenly ask abt him?'
Den he jus anyhw propose at my hs.
We buy e ring tgt. He can actually fit into my wrong hand, wrong finger 1st & 2nd times. Fit into my right hand, wrong finger 3rd time. I was bz correcting him to e correct finger that there is no 'few sec tt feels like forever' kinda anxiety no matter for me or for him.

The proposal is no longer a surprise.
Anyway I was so angry that he don even bother to plan. I rather he don do anything at all. At least I wont be that angry. E most only feel lousy.

Yeah u know what? 2 wks aft he propose, i found out he bk a bouquet of roses for this lady in China for her bday. He lie to me many things abt her ardy. Frm a non-fren he 1st told me, till nw very close fren. Her bday and she is in CHINA, he is willing to go thru e hassel to do something for her. But me? Summore e day b4 her bday is our 17th mth anniversary, when he book flowers for her, did he tot of me, our anniversary so that he will gt one for me also?
Even if he buy one for me, one for her ardy wrong. What's more is he jus buy for her onlY!

Anyway e trust is jus nt there.

So i urge u all not to wish for proposal.
Is better to feel lousy den me nw.

sadger010

Diane, my heart goes out for u.

Hmmm. Sometimes guys are just so insensitive to things like this.

Thing we dont really care, they think we do.
Thing we do care, they do not know.

mark78

Well i really guess, you deserve one guy who can buy u De Beers jewellery for almost all the 12 month annivsary one. but don be angry lah. he bought u a diamond so small. i guess he got his thoughts lah. suit the person wearing it. someone with a cute cute small small heart

U are very thoughtful u know. so sweet. how lucky is the guy to have u as a gf. 17th month Anniversary. every month sure remember. so sweet. ssuper thoughtful leh. well must sms and send email reminders as u know what. guys are very forgetful de. we are more logical and wont even think of how the opposite sex manage to reinvent english to 17th month anniversary. btw i only heard of seven month for hungry ghost. never heard of 17th month annivesary.

he should not buy flowers from other ladies. who the hell are they as compare to you. well he should keep u update on his "non fren" to friend ratings and update you on his sitrep.

well i guess i have to learn more. there more meaning to annivesary. LOL

===================

phew....

Diane,
Why are you marrying your bf when you can't trust him in the first place?

And how did you find out that he sent flowers to that girl? Check his email account?

mark78

for me, i remember the anniversaries, but not rom date.

diane, don marry him. he still got chance. ops. i mean u still got chance to get a better bf.

alcifertoh

Probably the only way left to impress is, "Surprise~! This is our XXX days together! Tomm let's celebrate XXX + 1 days together!"