Anyone Done Pebble Flooring?

magpie2

Hi Chijmes,

I did it for my foyer. As I have quite a big foyer, we actually did it up using pebble and slate tiles. The design is such that there are three slate tiles in each row surrounded by pebbles. According to my designer, this design is the nicest he has done. I think i like more slate tiles cos not all people likes the feeling of stepping on stones bare-footed. Oh yes, my pebblewash ended with a partition to separate my foyer and the living room. I take that as a special design to my very plain house. More like a garden foyer. But we place flowers pics on the walls of the foyer instead of the real ones cos no much sunlight. Hope it gives you some ideas.

Pebble floorings are so popular now. Some of my neighbours also did that. I saw one that is a corridor unit. They did a half circle pebbleflooring at the entrance. Quite unique too.

tigerjes

Hi magdalene

How much you paid for your foyer? I was quoted $680 with the same design as yours, but the tiles can only be about $2-2.2 per sq ft. I will have to top up the cost if the tile is above the price. Did you face the same problem?

poshies

hi jes,
i also did peeple for my foyer which exented to my dinner, but cant remember how much... will i was not the one cleaning the house but was told by my hubby is pretty difficult to know whether it is cleaning even after he mop...

poshies

108975.jpg

chijmes

Hi poshies,

Wah yours is quite special =)...Thansk for sharing your nice pics. I think I will be doing laminate flooring. Wonder whether it will be nice to have pebbles flooring with laminate.

Hi Magdalene,

Do you have any pics to share ? Feel like seeing your design if you dun mind.

[email protected]

afcai

hmmm for my pt of view, I don't think pebble flooring is suitable with laminate. It's kind of funny combination. anyway tough, it is nice but pebbles flooring is quite a difficult to maintain.

okipoki

chijmes,
I had pebbles wash stretch from my foyer to kitchen.. Half portion of my kithchen are ceramic & the rest is pebbles wash. Poshies is right, quite tough to know whether it is cleaning even after mopping. My sis had hers with parquet, quite nice tho'.

poshies

hi chihmes,
u r welcome. yup it pretty dark color so something don know whether it is dirty or when clean whether it is really clean.

I don think it match well but can ask u designer for idea... try something different

Hi okipoki,
ur look special got pic to share?

tigerjes

Hi
Anyone know how to lay the pebble? My contractor said using normal cement is cheaper. Is this the way for your pebble flooring?

chijmes

Hi Poshies/Okipoki/Afai,

Ya..I also wonder abt the cleaning part....the laminate company told me it looks nice with laminate. I haven't really seen one so quite difficult to imagine =)

raindew

Hi Jes,

My contractor mentioned to me that normal cement is not long-lasting. And the pebble may come out after a few years. Perhaps you can verify with your contractor on this.

My soon-to-be done pebble flooring is going to be coated with eboxy. Not very sure what but understand from my contractor it is better. Of cos' higher price too

raindew

wrong spelling,should be epoxy...

Mine cost $700 but this is a very special special price my contractor quote. As for the normal cement type, I am not sure of the price

Look wise, I think there is no difference as epoxy is just a transparent coat over the pebble

magpie2

Hi chjimes and Poshies,
I have sent the pic of my foyer to you all.

Raindew, I am sorry I couldn't send to you. Your email address is invalid. If you want, give me your address again? ;p

poshies

hi magdalene,
Received ur mail... ur foyer look very invinting lah... i like ur window... how come there is a window - u did a partial ?

magpie2

Hi Poshies and chjimes,
Thanks for the nice comments. very happy to hear that. My friends who came also like the foyer.

Poshies,
That is not a window. We just get the contractor to build a partition for us (fengshui reason as well) in order to place our tv console behind the partition. It really maximises our space in this way. If you are interested, I will show you more pics of my home. ;p

a_k

Thanks for sharing, Magdalene. I like your pebble flooring. it's very nice. How much u spend on that?? btw wat size did u use for the homo tiles??

blanche

Hi,

Just to share my pebble screed flooring. Also read that Chijmes wanted to know the effect of pebble screed and laminate, that's exactly what I have... hope the info didn't come too late :p

110230.jpg
110231.jpg

raindew

Oh yes, that is a sofa bed right? Are you the one who started a thread asking is it funny to put a sofabed in the living room?

Cos' I read that, went to the shop you recommend and bought a sofabed for my living room too.

cheers

chijmes

Hi Magdalene,

Thanks for sharing with me your pics..very nice and cosy =)

Hi Blanche,

Thanks for sharing your pics too...very nice..=) Btw, did you face any problem with laminate flooring ? Which brand did you choose?

magpie2

Hi all those who did not recieve my email,

You have got mail!;p

A K,

My renovation, (including the kitchen cabinet, the partition and pebble wash) cost less than $16k. My contractor is D'Esprit. Their workmanship is very good. I praised them in the thread set up for D'Esprit too. Many people also came in to comment good things too. FYI also, my contractor is Ivan Chong. The office is at Harbourfront.

Raindew,

yes, that's me! So you also bought a sofa bed? ;p At first I think it's funny but after it is put there, I find it quite ok. But, only thing is cannot put my legs up cos no ottoman. Hee...Will get one soon.

Magdalene