Anyone do Japanese Perm before?

checkerina

Actually think of doing perm (ceramic or japanese perm) but my hubby prefers me in straight hair instead of perm so in the end i did rebonding.Quite satisfied with the results,my hair are straight and not look faked like wig as some other ppls might experienced with rebonding.And hair feels softer too except still some frizzy part as the salon lady told me my hair are badly damaged due to dyeing/bleaching.
But maybe in future i may do perming if i am sick of straight hair.So now asking for some comments for reference.The salon lady told me ceramic perm quite damaging to hair but japanese perm more natural and easy to manage.
So what do you gals think?

blurrz

me also wanna do perm... but no idea to choose between ceramic or jap perm lor... my colleague recommend me to do jap perms as the curls r much more natural n nicer...

checkerina

Yah me also wanna do perming but hubby prefer me in straight hair + he say perm will look mature/older.
Yeap my hairstylist also mention japanese perms much more natural than ceramic perms and not so damaging to hair shaft.
Maybe you can give it a try.
happy.gif

oinkoink

hi checkerina!...my hubby also like that but wanna try a perm cos rebonding out of fashion liao...

hi ling!...heard the latest is digital perm...but is it as manageable as rebonded hair?...thought of doing a perm soon instead of near xmas and the new year when salons will be busy and produce less than quality works..

snow04

FYI, my sis did a jap perm recently, look quite nice by not lasting, the curl was almost gone within 2 weeks. She went back to her stylist, they did the perm for her again but it's kind of straighten again 2 week later. It's a waste of $$. Regarding digital perm, it's the latest trend in Korea, my Korean friend did hers & it's very nice & lasting, she say it's very good.

oinkoink

hi eong! thanks for sharing...so japanese perm only last so 'long'...better try digital perm if wanna the curls to last...do you know if mousse or gel or whatever is required to apply on the digital permed hair? i like rebonding cos its maintenance free!

blurrz

hi all...
my fren just done her digital perm at kiamge... the curls like not very lasting though...
any idea how much does the digital perm cost?

tearss

hello...i did the jap perm. hm..dunno digital or ceramic perm...i just told my stylist i wan CURLS like jap! hahaha..it lasted me for a wholly good 5 mths!...i just had a hair cut last mth, thus right now its not as curly...but there's still curls. KAWAII neh. just an advice..if ever u wan to curl ur hair, pls colour ur hair....

how long it last..depends on the communications between u n ur stylist...and the type of curls u wan. like my stylist he did ask me how long i wan it to last....and he will advice the practicality of certain curls. ie: if u wan those wispy curls onli at the ends...u gota pray hard, coz it's going to last maybe a few weeks only....

A good stylist will do the type of perm/curls according to ur face shape..n hair texture.

of course after perming care will help to ensure lasting curls too. My stylist recommended me Sclupting lotions...put in on ur curls will do...

Hope it help.
happy.gif

cherz

hi all,

i did jap perm abt 2yrs ago at kimage.it lasted me abt one n a half yrs!!!many ppl complimented dat my curls r nice.i put those styling moose on my curls.

sharyenne

jap perm sounds gd.

any recommendations on salons dat do cheap n gd jap perm? n my budget is $100, hope it isnt unrealistic.

peeper

edna... i duno if its unrealistic... but i have a fren who went for $100 kinda ceramic perm... didn't turn out good at all... n not lasting...

maybe its really "yi fen qian, yi fen huo"... but of cos expensive doesnt always mean good.... ask for recommendations...
happy.gif

sharyenne

i'm still trying to figure out wats the difference betw the various styles of perm. ceramic, spa, digital and jap.
hmmm... i wonder wat kind of perm did jolin tsai used to have?

ya, i think so too, so will go somewhere dats mid range. made an appointment with yess salon at raffles place. they're charging abt $130 for perming.

sharyenne

Hi Ginko,
yup, i had my perm at Yess last sat.
i did a spa perm, now hair pong pong, but my colleagues said v glam, suits me. i quite like it.

ummm... anyway, my hair was done by one of their senior hairstylists, her name is flora. she v dao one, doesnt smile much.
she asked one of the juniors to do treatment for me, but hor, din tell me muz pay leh! so in the end, i paid $220.
$150 for the perm, $35 for the treatment, and $27 for a loreal hair lotion.

so if u wanna go to Yess, juz make sure u dun kena her, or chk with them on the prices 1st.

momopo

i did jap perm before.

it has the fly away lok, curl mainly at the ends only.

kinda cute that kinda look. n it's rather easy to manage.

sputnik

Hi,

Can anyone advise me? I did japanese perm abt 1 month back, the hairstylist recommend that i use this jelly mousse from Goldwell. But it finishes really fast and not very cheap either. Wondering if anyone can recommend any other brands of mousse or whatever you use to maintain your curls after you wash your hair.

Thanks!

demio

loreal has this pink bottle for curls. you might wanna try it although it is meant for use together with curling iron

white_love

I did Ceramic Perm and it damaged all the ends of my hair!! In the end, I had to snip it off as the ends are all dead, in order to do rebonding. (was really upset when i had to snip it all off. had long hair and now its shoulder length!)Would recommend perming if you want something for a change. A bad point about perming is that your hair gets tangled and its really frustrating for girls with long hair. good luck!

catmews13

I just did a ceramic perm last weekend and I must say I like it, altho' Im not quite used with the 'after' result. Still, I think it's better than japanese perm as the curls are alot softer but be prepared to pay up to S$350 for hair slightly below shoulder length. COme this sat im going to color & highlight my hair in goldish tones.
355872.jpg

catmews13

I just did a ceramic perm last weekend and I must say I like it, altho' Im not quite used with the 'after' result. Still, I think it's better than japanese perm as the curls are alot softer but be prepared to pay up to S$350 for hair slightly below shoulder length. COme this sat im going to color & highlight my hair in goldish tones.
355875.jpg

bb_queen

Catmews

That's a nice perm you have. Where did you do it? How much you paid and what was the length of your hair before you permed it?

blue_genie

Catmews,

agreed with BB Queen that it is a nice perm..for mine, the effect is not that gd..maybe i dunno how to take care bah so the curls are not that nicey..

bb_queen

Today, I went to the hair saloon, told them I wanted waves but not curls and they said those wavey effect only blow dry can achieve. But what you have is exactly what I wanted!!!!

cupidbow

Hi there. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between ceramic and digital perm? Coz I don seem to find any difference in these 2 perms ;) cheers

iluvpopcorn

Hey Cupid Bow, me too, i can never tell the diff, I only wan waves and not those super curly ones. I used to rebond up feels like my hair is too Flat now, but if I dun rebond, i will have lotsa baby hair. And the fact that my scalp turns oily the next day after i washed it at nite makes me rebonded hair looks more limp!
Catmews~ I see that u only have curls at the end, did u just perm the hair end? What instructions did u tell your hairstylist? Where did u do it and who is your hair stylist?

wendy_

hi, wonder if this thread is still active. nway, i am also interested to perm my hair and would like to find out the charges n salon u gals have been to. another thing, is it true that u have to wash ur hair in the morning if ur hair is permed to ensure that the curls look defined and nice?

rapidwonder

hi anyone tried KEMPT hair & beauty before?
they have a promotion gg on $88 for jap perm+hair design + hair shine. would like to try cos the price is so reasonable!

permcraze

i did a jap perm a week ago and it was like, went almost straight after i washed my hair 24hours later!!! wats worse, it costed me $168..very gek sim...

anyway, dun worri there if you are, i did it at a neighbourhood saloon...the perm turned out v nice initially but the only disadvantage is that it wasnt lasting....i hope its because its the hairstylist who is not professional enough, not because of the nature of tat perm..

rite now im searching and looking out for more pro hairstylists who could do a more lasting perm...no news yet...sigh...
kao_cry.gif

xiao_bao_bei

i did a perm last few months at JB.. It is very nice.. but once after i washed my hair... it turned almost straight as permcraze said.. then now dunno whether is because i dunno how to maintain or i choosed the wrong method of perming.. so sad.. wasting my $$..

Actually 2 years ago.. I did a digital/ceramic (dunno which one liao) perm before.. same also.. straigh liao just after i washed..

cheerio

Mine is Japanese Perm, getting straighter also loh, think because its bigger curls lah, that's why the strength of the curls is weak.. Mine costs me $189 and colour another $89 and its at a HDB shop in Tampines, the hairdresser claimed that the lotion expensive tats why costs high, but I dont feel that my hair texture is good after the perm loh..
Anyway, think next time I will go back to the salon at PS, very good service..

cheerio

Oh yah! for the lotion to use, I am using LOreal's Studio Hot Curl, pink bottle, very good, really boasts up the curls!

pkum

hi ladies, i am looking for pictures of waves and curls. do u know where i can look for such pictures on the net? i wanted to refer to it before i going to do perm this sat.

snowysun

I did my perm in Protrim Salon in Jb City Square last X'mas. My hair is now wavy after a year. The effect was really good.

jenny_ang

Hi Jandew,

How much did you pay for the Perm in JB? Is it about the same price as those in Singapore? Or alot cheaper?

snowysun

Hi Jenny,I took a package. Paid Rm 520, included 4 hair cuts + 4 treatment + 1 free perm/ rebonding. If break down the costs = RM 220 for the perm. Really worth it coz my hair is long
happy.gif
. The hair stylist is Raymond Kok, he is the most popular hairstylist there. I had 2 colours, 1 perm & 4 cuts done by him thus far. Like his service and oso he does not hard sell, unlike some hair dressers that I have been to, & made me really turned off.

xiaohui

hi, i did my japanese perm at shunji
i think it is good
big natural culs like japanese/korean girls
thinks the salon is good

pkum

i am using a hair foam not containing alcohol. it has botanical extracts. and it is lasting and does not finish fast. pm me if interested. cheers

haru

hi, anyone did any jap perm recently? am looking for a good and not to ex salon and stylist who can do a good job.=>

natsuk

I did a japanese perm, very light waves and still maintain your hair softness but was told only can lasts 3 months. My bf like it, although he hates perm hair in the past. Suggest going for japanese perm to test water first before going for the real ceramic perm in case you regret.

i did mine at this Salon 2 weeks ago..

all u have to do is to print out a pix of which perm u like & show the stylist..
happy.gif

Artica Hair Salon
Far East Plaza #04-82
Tel : 6836 2891

icyflame

I got a mixture of digital & ceramic perm done last Aug. The lady told me it will look more natural not just digital/ceramic alone.
Was quite satisfied with the results though.

Another stylist told me that actually majority can do a perm unless your face is very big/small.