Anyone completed course of Roaccutane and successfully conceive?

dacookie

Hi this is my first time posting in a forum. I have been taking Accutane to treat my acne since 2.5 yrs ago.

Understands that pregnancy is forbidden during the medication. As I'm finishing the course and getting married soon, would like ask if any ladies out there or guys whose wife has successfully conceived or given birth to a healthybaby despite consuming accutane?Though I have been assured by my doc I'm still able to get pregnant after completion of the course and still worried.

Hope someone can advise me thanks!

junio

I understand from my doctor said.. 6 month after roccutane and then you should try to conceive..

how come you take about 2.5 years.. i only need to finish like 8 boxes..

dacookie

Thanks Faith and Jun for your reply!

Jun: The amount of medication is prescribed according to my weight and i'm taking one pill every other day. Will be completing my course in a few months time =) Dun mind i ask, after u finished your course, any recurrence of acne?

junio

Yeah it is according the weight.. I take 2 pill in a day..

I am at the endin process.. Sometimes I have one or two then I will apply pimple cream..

How many more box to go for u? My doc said 80% of the pimple will be gone..

dacookie

My acne has subsided alot since the medication. Just worried about conceiving and birth defects.

I have 2 more boxes to go.. but doc advice to take pill every 2,3 days so think will drag for another 6mths.