Anyone booked europe tour at EU Holidays ?

waderr

I ve just planned to book the trip to europe at EU holidays. My friends suggest tat europe has many exciting place to c.

21silverfish21

Hi,

I also attracted to their europe package during their last week pre NATAS fair... but they quite new so I am not very sure. Anyone book with them before, can share your review?

gogobutter

ME ME!!!!!! i aso booked le.... going to the 13 days germany/swiss/paris.. but i wanna change to italy instead of germany

plush84

Went to the natas fair last weekend and were attracted to the 15days Italy, Swiss, Paris plus 2N Dubai FOC. Think was around $3300 approx..din reli pay attn. But the SA was rather wishy washy with the itinery. One moment said the package includes the FOC sledge ride..even tho we mentioned that we are looking for our Mar 2012 HM. Then after consulting with a SA from another agency, we wen back to ask him and this time since it wasnt private but in front of some other customers, we asked him if he was sure abt the sledge ride being avail in Mar? To which he said NO! We got confused so just left not convinced...But the pricings quite gd..prob, need to look at the packages again. ;p

xueyi1020

Just to share that I went on a 15D France/Switzerland/Italy trip with Dynasty Travel in Apr this year and it was a wonderful trip. Itinerary was good, no complaints about food and the hotels were good class too. Another plus was we were very fortunate to get a very good tour leader and if you're lucky to get him, then your trip will be very enjoyable cos he's very meticulous, gives good info about where to shop and eat, what good stuff to buy, how to do tax refunds, etc.

Only thing is the price will come across as higher compared to other agencies but you will not regret it. Worth every penny!

october

I also checked out EU Holidays during the NATAS Fair, however, eventually decided to go F&E for France and Italy. Dont't think I can travel with 40 other people.. I asked EU about the hotel they provide, they cannot even tell me.

I don't think you can get sledge ride in Mar, more likely in Dec/Jan.

gogobutter

i changed to signed up for this. 15days Italy, Swiss, Paris plus 2N Dubai FOC -$3088 + 150 Tax.

Cos their pricing is very good so we stick to it. hope the whole trip is good lo.... my SA told me got sledge ride ley... my trip is during January 2012

Xueyi: Dynasty we checked before the price is very expensive... 4K plus wor...

gogobutter

I have signed up for the 15 days Italy/Swiss/Paris departing on 9th Jan.

Anyone same?
happy.gif

bomohpang

my GOD! i went for the briefing.
and was told that there are optional tours ,turned up to be abt 3k!!!
excluding some of the meals and spending!!!

jamora912

anyhow increase their tax without informing beforehand, Went for their briefing last week n make the final payment. Grrrrr

bomohpang

Jamora..when is your trip?

ya..i m not sure is it normal to have so many optional tours/ meal upgrade for europe package but the optionals are so expensive..i felt a bit cheater but it's partly my fault that i did not ask properly before paying deposit!

jamora912

Hi Bomoh pang, me n hubby flying off this mon 24th..went for their briefin on last mon..
Humm.. Are u in the same trip as us?
happy.gif

I cannot imagine how they can squeeze in for the optional tours , wherelse the normal tour is already packed..
To think of it, I felt cheated as the sudden tax increase as we book early feb during the Natas fair..

bomohpang

hi.Jamora

no,,my trip on 3/11
cannot blame for the tax increase la..cos they charge as per market rate..it depends on the airline.

but for the optional tour i feel cheated lor...
why cant they just include the meal or the optional tour in their itinery?

they advertised so cheap but end up the total bill is doubled!

anyway..the trip cannt be cancelled as the deposit already been paid. Just go and enjoy.

Will definately give my comment after the trip!

jamora912

Ic.. Thought we are in the same group.. How much u paid for the trip?
Some of the days, meals are included yea. Sadly in Swiss, they claimed the Glacier 3000 is closed for maint now. Have u know which hotel u're staying? They even ask to bring ur own travel kettle le.. So Mah fan.. As some hotel don't provide kettle.( think if they give cheapskate hotel or not)

bomohpang

i paid 2268 + optional tours and tips = total abt 3100

they say cannt see Glacier now...winter has not started yet.

i dont know which hotel i staying but i think it wont be so bad one la. i won bring kettle ,just buy mineral water from the shops or bring 2 liters mineral water from singapore lor..hahha

jamora912

Ic..but we were told the Glacier is under maint.
I just ask my tour manager- they still cant confirm our hotel name by now. and we flying off this mon!! Before bookings, they told us 1 week before departure we will get the hotel name.
So girls, just cross finger when u have make bookings.

jamora912

Yup! I'm back last mon! It's been a week now.. Still remembering those enjoyable moments. Its been very taxing journey. We spend most of our time in the coach bus. Its a really waste of time. By the time we reached the Mall, its already closed. Hotel was way of out of town which adds to the extra journey. How bout u?

bomohpang

Jamora: yes the hotel is out of town..my hotel was Postillon. urs? we stayed at this hotel for 5 days and had the same breakfast for 5 days :S but it;s okay for me..

i find the journey okay la...2-3 hrs is accepted. but the journey to geneva is tooo long...i think got 5 hrs! and the geneva optional city tour is totally waste of money!

total we hv 35 ppl in the group but i don know y we did not have local tour guide.
what abt urs?

there are many stories happened during the trip..
oh ya..i din know we will hv free china tour until the tour manager told us during the trip..hehe can start planning for it..

IVAN: many highlighted places like top of the europe/mt titlis are optional...u need to pay extra. Better check it up before signing up.

ivan9127

Hi,this.i already book with them on 9 Jan dep.hope I did not make a bad choice with them.your trip did not sound good.did check up the optional with them,only mount titles,gonodola,can can dinner,top of Europe need additional charges.most other tour group offer much the same optional.is the tm friendly , was there lots of unneeded shopping by tm.

reychell

Hi there i am planning to sign up for their 15 D Italy Paris Switzerland package. Seems the cooments were not really good.The price is also 3088+150 and free 2D1N Dubai.
SHould I take up the package?

intru1400

Dear all,

EU Holidays!!!!!
Pls beware of this newly rename tour agency. The travel sales agent is rude, especially after payment of deposit. Beware of the name Robin Wong.
We went for our europe trip, it was a total disaster! The hotels are far from city, alot alot of road traveling and the food sucks! We had Chinese food for two nights in Paris! Also the optional tours are too much. Pls read the brochure carefully!

intru1400

Also best of all they wrote a disclaimer remark on the deposit reciept that airport tax are subjected to changes. Guess what happens when you about to pay the remaining balance?
We paid extra 120 per pax for the airport tax. LL PAY..
Tourist beware!!!
No such remarks should be written about airport taxes.
We then realized they purchased the tickets from a 3rd party agent when the departure date nears.

ivan9127

Hi Tourist,

How long is the road travelling ?

What are the optional tours they offer. I though it should be a tight trip, how they manage to squeeze the optional trips ?

How far is the hotel from city ?

jamora912

Hi sorry for the late reply guys! Here's a long one.
Ok, there more cons rather than pros:
First we have to pay additional airport tax $100 per pax- ( think not fair- coz we already booked them on Feb. compared with my friend just fly off almost the same destination -diff TA: they did not have an increase tax. Btw, they booked just b4 2mts departure and cheaper compared to Eu.
2nd: when we got our E tickets on the departure night, realised it's was purchased by another TA- Giamso
3: they have an optional tour- and I feel the TG will indirectly force u to pay even if u don't want to go
4: and for some of us did not wish to sign up for the Night Paris Sienna cruise- and we have to wait in the coach for than 1hr plus for the rest who boarded the cruise. Aint fair for us to waste time in the bus..the TG should have dropped us to the mall for sight seeing..
And so the list goes on..

jamora912

Ivan the list go on ..too many to mention..
Perhaps bomohpang can share her story also?
I too would like to hear le..

ivan9127

9 Jan tour is cancel hence change my date to 20 Jan.the refund takes 2 to 3 weeks,troublesome,hence continue with them.just have to stand firm on the optional .will demand to stroll around while waiting.can share cab to go city.

baby_luv

Hi Ivan,

I also told hubby the same thing. We can share cab or demand the coach to bring us to another area for those not going for the optional tour.

See you on 20 Jan.

nwy51

Hi Guys... I joined EU holidays for the Swiss + Paris + 2N Dubai and just got back.
Some feedbacks for you guys..

Optional Tour:
The trip on the overall was satisfactory, itinery planned was quite fun esp the sledging!
No doubt there were alot of optional tours, I was informed on these before we took up the package. So no complain about that. But the thing is if you don't join all the optional tour, there would be nothing much else to do except shopping around which would defeat the purpose of the tour.

But I guess optional tours are more or less abt the same across all tour agencies. I've double checked with frens and family, all had optional tours wic are quite costly regardless of wic travel agent they sign up with.

Hotel:
I guess the only thing that is not quite satisfactory was the hotels. We were put in average 3 - 4 star hotels which most of it were a distant away from the city area and some were quite old buildings. But the TM was being very frank and upfront with us before we reached each hotel.

Travel:
We spent quite a long time traveling in the coach esp from cities to cities .... the longest was a good 7 hrs for 1 whole day.
The norm was probably abt 2 - 3 hrs which was still ok to accept.

Tour Manager:
TM was very friendly and fun to be with. But had poor knowledge of cities we traveled to and poor presentation skills.

The focus of the trip had deviated because majority of what the TM mentioned was only on shopping for branded , watches, tax rebate etc etc... In fact spent way too much time emphasizing on shopping stuff instead of introducing the cities that we visited. I do understand that city tour would usually be done by their city guide, but it would still be good to be able to touch just a lill bit on the background of the places that we visit at times when there is no city guide.

But I would have to commend that although lack of experience & knowledge, TM was being very helpful and nice throughout the tour. Helping everyone with their luggages, questions etc etc. Not forgetting that there were lots of hiccups for some passengers as there were pple who lost their passports and luggage during transit. TM was very helpful. But it may be better if she was more knowledgeable & experienced in handling situations.

Food:
Only half of the meals were included in the tour package. But all of the food they included were Chinese/ Cantonese Restaurants. I had expected to taste more french and their local cuisine. Abit out of my expectations.

But there were pple who were happy with the Chinese food arrangements. Esp where alot of elderly dun really fancy western food. So I guess for this part is really subjective.

Dubai Stay:
This is supposed to be a F.O.C stay when you take Emirates. But they put us in Service Apartment (Quite shabby) instead of hotel. A lill disappointing. But I opted for the optional tour in Dubai which was quite fun. So staying there for 2 nights is more than enough. Longer stay would be too draggy. So dun put ur expectations too high when u opt for Dubai stay!

Lastly, majority of the tour mates were complaining about the optional tours being expensive, TM being not knowledgeable & organised enough & etc, but i think ultimately all had their fair bit of fun.

I guess diff groups would have different experience basing on your itinery & TM.

Should you ask if I would go back to EU holidays again, my comment would be maybe yes and maybe no. Depending on itinery and prices then!

Hope the comments helps.

ivan9127

Hi Michelle,

Ya, we could share a cab to go city together.For the optional tour, i am inform of only 5 in which only top of europe i am keen.The dinner at paris i am going to skip .Prepare to take own transport to hotel.

See you on 4th Jan for the briefing.

Hi Nyw,

7 hours of travel ? From where to where ?

For the optional tour, i am inform of only 5 in which only top of europe i am keen.The dinner at paris i am going to skip .Prepare to take own transport to hotel. Only hope TM is the pushy type.

samantay

Hi Michelle & Ivan

I also joining the 20 Jan tour. How is the briefing on 4th Jan? Did the TM told which Opt tour to take up? I was busy on that day, did not go to the briefing.

baby_luv

Hi Samantay,

The briefing was more on what to expect, what to bring and some pre preparation.

She gave us a list of Optional tour and of course it is at our own discretion if we wants to take up the Optional tour. There was this meal upgrade of Euro$10 which i have confirmed with TM to take up.

Was thinking if i should take up the Paris Optional tour on the free & easy day or should take up a disneyland day tour.

How about Ivan?

samantay

Hi Michelle,

May I know what is this meal upgrade about? Not awake about this.

I went to make payment the other day, the staff have pass me the booklet on the opt tour. He recommence a few opt tour, he recommenced the night tour for Paris.

I have sms the TM for the hotel list but he have not reply to me yet. I think the hotel in Paris is far from city, want to know the actual location and find way back to city area.

I likely to take the Dubai Opt tour, checked with friend, the price is about there.

baby_luv

Hi Samantay,

I think the meal upgrade is what you see in the briefing booklet, the pork knuckle and choco/cheese fondue, both at 10Euro.

Please share with me if you have the hotel details.

I will be going for London on my own and thus will not be with the group for the dubai tour. The TM has reverted the hotel which i will be staying in Dubai - Copthorne Hotel Dubai, not sure if it's the same for you.

samantay

Hi Michelle

My tour is a 13D Italy + Swiss + Paris. according the TM, my dont have upgrate on meal.

I will forward the hotel list once I receive from them.

ivan9127

Hi Michelle,

You are there ? I went to the toilet and came in after she started about 5 mins and sat near to the main entrance of the center.

The optional tour is quite costly,need to budget more in.

I will not take up the half day paris tour as i feel might not worth it.

The meal upgrade sounds good.Will take it also.

I will take up the florence tour and shopping for sure and the top of europe.

Dear Samantay,

Not much information for the breifing except for the booklet which is useful for the optional tours it had.

baby_luv

Dear Ivan,

I was there too. Were you the one with another guy and comment that there was pretty much of negative comment in forum? lol~

I think i will probably follows the majority, see what they actually took up.

Btw, what will you be wearing to airport? Will you be wearing your thermal wear inside?