Anyone been to Taipei b4?

okeanosmao

starz,

poor thing, cannot enjoy the trip. i guess trip wif company is like tat. the boss so bah dao!
its not taiwan not nice, its becos of the boss n the plan. next time, if u like to go again, can try going with tour groups or jus go f&e to taipei.

fishball,
u really enjoy your trip leh..ah zhong main xian is yummy. i went jiufen to eat fishball soup and the snacks tat is soft soft kind, filling is peanut. tat is nice..
how's the hotel stay in taiwan?

smileygal

Hi starz,
It's a pity that you dislike the trip. Taipei is a wonderful place, much better than in Singapore. There are so many atractions to see and the transportation system is much better than Sin. Almost every attraction is beside a MRT without having to walk far or take another bus. Taxis are everywhere. No surcharge for on-call cabs. Level of customer service are much higher than in Sin. Basically, you get the best in Taipei and there are a lot more we can learn from them as Singaporeans.
Hope you can drop by Taiwan again and this time, try F&E. You will love the place!

idono

oh, i agree.
When guys walk into shop, their mei mei can really "sa jiao" very well. even my friend's wife commented tht her hair stand on ends. guess its their culture. but we guys enjoy it...kekekeke.

hmm... fishball tried the changhwa meatball? u dun find it irky meh? ;p. one big bowl of meat with gooey stuff. and they call it a "meatball", which in my mind, was thinking of our little chewy meatball in singapore.

fishball

yes, I agree that Taiwanese are generally more polite and give way more. Take for eg, queuing to get into trains. Really civilised and orderly! Makes me ashamed to be S'porean... ;(

Idono, heee heee, personally I kinda like the meatball. It's like 'xiong guay' or 'shui jing bao' in giant form. Dats wat I tot.... yalor, funny to call it meatball hor...

okeanosmao

yup, they are really v polite leh..queueing up for trains n even escalator they will stand left hand side automatically.
i was so paiseh (inside the train station) when one guy asked to be excuse cos i was standing right hand side of the escalator..then i realized, oh, oops.

meagan

hi starz, sorry to hear that you din enjoy the trip. I can't believe that you guys took the bus from taipei to kaoshiong and back again! No wonder the bus ride is a killer. I wld have nearly puked too. Yeap, shd have taken the plane back to singapore from kaoshiong instead. It can be done, cos that's what i did when i went to taiwan.

Yah, do try to go to taiwan again F&E. It is a very good place to go. Actually i really dun like tour packages cos you have to follow the group and you cannot stop or linger in a place that you like. So much prefer to read up and explore on your own, unless there is a language barrier in the country.

Hi fishball, i was surprised too when the taiwanese started queueing up to get on the train. No pushing ard! Actually this way is much better, people on the train can get out easier. Wah, most of your pictures is of food! Did you tried the Ru Ruo fan? It's one of our fave

fishball

hi ok..mao,
we (my gf n I) stayed in hostels at Taipei n Hualien. Cheap hotels in Changhwa n Kaohsiung.

The Catholic Church hostel is very creepy at night. Worse cos we din bring our torchlights, so can't even find our way up to stairs to the church. But we mgd to borrow torchlights from some frens we made while trekking.

The hotel in Changhwa threw my toothbrush n toothpaste on 2nd nite n their face towels stained my skin orange!

The hotel room in Kaohsiung had ppl smoking inside b4, so it smelled 'smoky'! We started sniffing after dat - made us hv flu wen we didn't b4!

I missed tasting the potato n yam balls in Jiufen but tried the yam n sweet potato pastry 'su'. Pity they can only keep for 10 days else will buy some back.

Hi Meagan, I juz picked d food pics 2 put up...kekeke.. I packed ru ruo fan for lunch n eat at d train stn. Quite economical staple, I guess. By the time we reached Changhwa n news frens highly recommended 'kuang ruo fan', I was too sick of 'meaty' food to try it. My fren did n it looked pretty oily to me. So... I dun think I'll miss it much
happy.gif

smileygal

The queueing up culture of the taiwanese is the first thing that makes me feel ashamed of as a Singaporean. At all train stns, pple queue up based on the lines drawn on the floor. Automatically! You wont believe what you see. They queue! Even at stns that do not have lines drawn, pple queue too. They oso stand automatically on the right hand side, although they are pple waiting to take the escalator, the left side is always empty. Unlike Sin, pple clamp up at the escalator, pushing each other away. Mind you, they queue not because there's a fine or that they are very free. It's their culture. They know that the lift is for pple with walking difficulties or the elderly, so they dun take lifts unnecessarily. They queue so that pple getting out of the train have a path. They are just as busy but they must be gracious in their behaviour.
The service at shopping centres is the best. Think they follow Jap culture. They greet you, even though you have no interest in buying. In Sin, think you will get a glare if you choose not to buy after all their coaxing and pursuasion. Over here, no way you get such treatments. They smile at you for looking at their products and thank you later for dropping by, though you left their counters or shop empty handed. The best part abt paying is that you wait or sit down while the sales staff bring your cash and item to the cashier for you. You just wait for your item and cash balance. If you pay by credit card, they will come back to you with a reciept, you signed and they bring it back to the cashier for you. You dun have to move an inch at all. Just pay and the staff will do the running for you. This implies to all shopping centres. That's their culture. We in Sin must learn their attitudes towards customers. Even the service in hair salon in Taipei is much better than Sin. They are more gentle and courteous.
Really hope all our Sin folks have a chance to visit Taipei and enjoy what I call - Real Customer Service.
These are what I have observed after my 2 trips to Taipei. There are many more good things. Share with you guys next time.

fishball

haha, there's more things we shd learn from them... no littering!

At nite mkts at Shilin, Ximen, Danshiu..eg... we walked arnd, but the streets are free of litter, even though it's quite hard to find dustbins along the way. The dustbins are found at one end of the markets, but we can't find tissue paper or cigarette butts on the ground.

In S'pore, there are dustbins every few metres away, but still ppl litter the streets/floor. Funny, rite?

...Except at the nite mkt at Changhwa.Our new Taiwanese frens 'encouraged' us to throw our rubbish on the floor. hahaha.. dats b'cos they'll hv ppl sweeping the floor after the mkt closed n within the mkt area, not outside. It felt so weird to 'deliberately' throw things on the floor,.. but felt sorta 'shiok' as well. Odd rite?
happy.gif

greenie

hi idono! i juz realised u r a guy, not a lady! oh my, why din u correct me b4?
lame.gif

hi all,
yeah, its all a case of bad planning... its stupid rite? a short trip like tt made us go ard TW like tt.... i wld rather they made us pay 4 the domestic flight & we cld hv saved so much time...

and the description abt the coldness is right! its the terrible sickly feeling! it made me feel so sick tt when i rch yangming shan, i was too nauseous to enjoy the scenery!!! now i regretted so much... i had barely stayed outdoors for 5 mins b4 i quickly rushed up the bus!
sad.gif

the hot spring wasnt wat i expected! i expected it to b in a real natural environment & even brought my bikini along coz maomao was commenting she had to go into the spring in the buff. and in the end, the guide said we cant wear anything in the spring as it was a 'liu huang suan' spring. it wld stain our clothes & accessories. he said we cld pair up wif our spouses and those w/o spouses cld pair up in fours and juz dip the feet! in the end, my hb & i paired up wif his 2 colleagues and we juz soaked our feet in the so-called spring in a small little room and it was so rushed coz the attendants were busy knocking the doors to remind us tt their time was up! and when we reached the hot spring site, there was a queue... we waited 4 a while b4 we cld get the rooms... i wonder was it the same experience 4 all here?
uhoh.gif

idono, there was NO heater in any of the hotels we stayed in!!!! imagine tt! i was so surprised! thus tt explained why we had to wear so much clothes & shiver though we had blankets on while in bed!

and we stayed in 3 or 4 different hotels thru our stay... the itinerary states we will stay in 5 class hotels! might u, some hotels r not even worth 3 stars! can really faint!
crazy.gif

fishball, wow, u took alot of goodies photos ah? i took some as well but not as nice as urs...

where is changhwa?

maomao, yeah, nxt time sure wun go wif his boss liao!
angry.gif
actually the boss is not stingy. he in fact had tried to negotiate 4 an 8-day trip intially, the delay in confirmation details was coz of this bargaining issue. in the end, all of us were happy tt luckily it turned out to b a blessing in disguise tt we din managed to extend the trip coz we were all lookg fwd to coming back to SG! in fact, most of his colleagues went along to the trips organised annually & they all enjoyed thoroughly coz the boss usually demanded 4 the best food & accomodation... this time we all so bad luck!
angry.gif

nxt time if i am gog TW again, sure its gonna b an F$E trip!

ya wen, basically, we had no chance to travel in cabs & MRT... i wld rather pay out from my own pocket to travel...

i noe u all mentioned TW is a fun plc!

and its very true tt there is hardly any litter ard though its hard to find a rubbish bin! not like in SG when a rubbish bin is so near, we can still see litters.... its really a shame!

i saw a really hot 'bing lang mei' along our way. managed to snap some pix of this gal but i hesistated to approach her 4 a photo coz dunno if she will b offended. tt day all of us were wrapped up in our thickest clothings & there the gal was in her bra set & g-string, wif a barely-covered netted skirt! i admire her courage! doesnt she feel cold? we were all shivering!!!! hehehehe

maomao, and yeah, i din even realised they stand on the right instead of left until i saw the majority of the crowd tt obediently did so & i quickly followed! anyway its a shame we din get to travel on the MRT.

actually i din expect the taiwanese to b so polite coz usually on news, they will b cursing each other, fightg, hvg demos etc... it wass a real eye opener!

and they got so much TV channels!!! if i wasnt so tired, i wld hv watched the programs! they got bust enhancement programs etc! heee... so fun! and some RA shots...
lol.gif

meagan, yeah, the stupid bus trip was a killer... even up till tdy when i sat in the car, i still get the dizziness!!!!

opppss.... juz realised mine was an extra long posting!
lame.gif

idono

Hi starz,

Oh is it? hmm.. dunno u tot me a gal...haha.
seems like u nausea most of the time. I would think u're preggie too... :p Could be because of the bus u took? I'll feel nausea if take small bus too long. big bus is still ok for me.

yar, yangmingshan hotspring isn't great. because is a "liu huang" type, and it smells. nvr like tht place ;p

I think ur hotel is really low class type, 3 or 4 star at most. they usually hv lousy or no heater at all.

wait till u hv chance to visit more "competitive" area for bing lang mei where there's many of them. They might not wear bra or bikini at all...haha. they dun feel cold because their "box" (which is their work area and is totally transparent), is really like an oven. u can notice that once in a while, they'll step outside to catch a quick breathe. next time ask them for a pic, they dun really mind usually, and buy a drink from them. they sell drinks too.

greenie

hi idono, yeah, i really din noe u r a guy!!! hehehe...
happy.gif

aiyo! of coz i am not pregnant lah! no way.... its coz i cant get used to long trips & spendg so much time on buses. and esp the road up the the mountains is so wavy & it goes round & round!
crazy.gif
its too much 4 me to bear!!!! even my hb din feel gd too.... i had to apply so much medicated oil & suck lozenges....
sad.gif

the spring is ok lah, the smell wasnt too pungent. juz tt its too rundown, totally out of my expectation... so where is the good plcs u guys went 4 the spring?

yeah, exactly, its some low class hotel which they claimed its 5 star! i was so horrified to learn tt they do not hv heaters at all! anyway next time when i go to cold countries, i sure do my homework so wun suffer there...

i only took brief photos at tt plc coz the guide mentioned there is plenty of bing lang mei in kaohshuing... in the end, we saw none, thus there goes my chance of takg pix wif them. i noe some of them totally wear transparent clothings!
lol.gif
i said tt bing lang mei was brave coz she came out from her box and pass some stuff to the car behind us! its like she thot nothing of the cold! really admire her!

okeanosmao

starz,

actually mine oso like tat - took nearly 6 hours drive to kaoshiung and then stayed 1 nite and back to taoyuan the next morn for sat flight back to sin. those hotels i stayed in oso not 4*5* as the agency had mentioned. and becos our group has less than 5 ppl, the tour guide apparantly din book hotels for us. instead has to ask another agency to book for us as they are in v large group. the worst hotel i stayed in is kaoshiung and hualien. hualien hotel, they din clean up thoroughly, still can find human hair in the bathtub.their bed v dusty oso, itchy the whole nite. kaoshiung one, got bfast voucher but got nothing to eat. their restaurant is oso cum lounge.
the best is,taoyuan's and taipei liao..
how come the hotel no heater? so jialat..

so funny, they only allow u all to soak legs? so diff hor? which hot spring u went? there are a few hotsprings in yang ming shan.

can show us some photos u took?

okeanosmao

oh we oso saw some binglang mei on the way too..saw one super sexy in hualien. she wore black transparant nightie with bra and g-string. black color wor...guys see liao sure drip saliva..
biggrin.gif

greenie

hi maomao...

so u experienced the same thing wif me? so stupid to made us travel all the way down from taipei & back up again...

the best hotel we stayed was in taoyuan or taipei. actually cant really figured out which is where... it was the best among those we stayed in. the worst was in taichung, if i rem correctly... the bed sheets were in ugly rough flower prints... and the so-called cupboard juz had a few hangers w/o the body! sigh....

when i asked the guide why the itinerary was planned tt we had to travel all the way down & back up, he said it was coz durg the cny season, it was rather full & i guess its coz our grp was quite big as well... but i cant imagine ur grp went thru the same thing as us! anyway u enjoyed the trip better than me!

no lah, we can soak entirely in the spring, but its 2 to a room or 4 to a room... i din wan to take off my layers of clothings so we decided to juz soak our legs. and the spring looked so run-down... dunno wat kind of water izzit exactly, the tiles looked yellowish & dirty... yucks.... no mood to soak my body in it!

i am still consolidating my photos & i am not sure how to post up here or even to email coz the resolution i took is quite big as my camera is 4 mega pix.... imagine a photo is more than 1 mega byte liao! i will try but no promise tt i can do so successfully...

did u snap the super sexy bing lang mei? most of the stn we passed by, the bing lang mei was wrapped up coz it was too cold! hahahaha... the guide told us last time the bing lang mei more daring, they wear see thru w/o bras & some even went topless or sth until the authorities start coming down hard on them!

btw i heard hualien is even hotter than kaohshiung?

looked like china

greenie

opppss... i din managed to finish my last statement... i wonder if u all feels the same: intially TW gave me a feeling like a mixture of m'sia, a bit of china (though i hv nvr been there b4) and HK (i oso haven been there b4!) strange rite? dunno why i had tt feeling though i had nvr been to china & HK b4! heee...
lol.gif

okeanosmao

yup me oso experienced like tat.so tired leh, travelled all the way back to taoyuan. i don't understand is tat y we have to go round 3 mountains to reach hualien to c a-mei tribe then hor, when cm back time, can go by expressway to taoyuan. i oso exprienced jam at expressway. i remembered tat day is fri and boy!, all workers gonna use the expressway to go back taipei..so many cars!!
taoyuan is nearer to airport whereas taipei is further. so stayed in taoyuan on the last day is nearer lor.hee, i know taoyuan got 1 bakery shop where all the cakes and bread are yummy. forgot the name though, theirs are not like singapore..v nice..
din take photos leh, cos we are on the move din get down. further more, not nice to take photos of them hor?
i think kaoshiung is hotter than hualien. kaoshiung still hv sunshine but the wind is cool.hualien no sunshine and is colder.hualien not much nite entertainment.
but alot of 7-elevens and convenience shops all over taiwan!..which oso makes me v convenient to buy snacks...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

mayb bcos of all the neon signboard which makes u feel like u r in hongkong,m'sia..hmm..china isit bcos the place they r staying in are so close to each other?

greenie

hi maomao...

i rem we stayed in taoyuan on the 1st & last nite coz when the guide came to fetch us, he told us tt we r stayg in taoyuan.

i dun even rem how i managed to make it alive to the mountains liao!
crazy.gif
all i can rem was loads of horrendous bus trips tt seemed nvr ending & in my mind i was wishing so much we were back in SG! hahaha...
lol.gif
looking back, it really felt silly...

u mean all the hotels u stayed in had heaters? oh my, i kept using the hair dryer to warm our hands & legs!
crazy.gif
cant imagine the so-called 5* hotels had no heaters! i think our stay wld hv been better if there were heaters.

i cant rem where we were but i took pix of this bakery shop tt runds like our starbucks & coffee bean locally which sells coffee & they had a showcase full of delightful looking cakes in all sorts of colours! we bought 6 pieces for only appx SGD $11. in SG, a piece of cake wld cost at least $4 in starbucks.

i nvr went hualien so cant comment whether izzit hotter anot. juz tt i heard hualien is furthur down than kaohshiung, so presume its hotter?
uhoh.gif

anyway the weather was still bearable in kaohshiung when we went to the 'fo guang shan' it was hot coz there was sunshine. i rem it was quite warm tt i developed a slight headache. but i took loads of pix there... however, i realised none of the photos i took were at the same plcs as urs leh.... me took a total of 190 pix... u leh? it will be a lot of $$$ to develope as each digital print will cost me $0.40 each... hv u developed urs?
happy.gif

i went to their 7-11 stores but cant find anything tt suits me leh... heheehe... its not like our stores here. i bought a pack of their hello kitty panty liners though! it was so cute!
happy.gif

i think so lah, the signboards & the ambience makes it feel like msia, china & HK at times.... heee
biggrin.gif

soap

Hi Starz,

Welcome back. Didnt have the time to log on cos there is so much work to clear after my trip.

Here comes my comments :-

1) The bus journey really sulks, to get to from one place to another will take several hours. I do not have such bad experience like u but the ride is always very rough and choppy. Their road seems very run out and we always bounce up and down on the coach.

2) Their Hotspring in Wulai is not what I imagined it to be. What I saw in the "Lai Wo Jia Bah" (by Xu Ru Yun) is like a nice hotel room with a small tent and below is the hot spring. Unfortunately, when I went to the one that my tour guide brought us, I didnt even dare to give it a try. It is like our Spore swimming pool toilet, with small bathrooms. Inside the bathroom, there is a bathtub, u need to on the hot spring water and mix it with cold water. There are rooms for 2 person use and family use. The smell of the place put me off, smells so like urine, cannot take it, quite dirty also
sad.gif

I managed to peek at the price, it is like $15 (spore $) per room, guess I cannot expect too much then. Ohhh, I managed to see Chen Ming Zhen (a taiwanese singer,at Wulai), wanted to take a pic with her, her answer is like BU FANG BIAN. Angry man, she really thot that she is super star.

3) Those hotels that we stay in, think is only 3 star. Was very disappointed with SA travel, the last time when I went with them to Korea, I stayed in mostly 4-5 star hotels. This time round, guess due to CNY, the hotels they provide makes me shocked n surprise. Oh yah, all the hotels that I stay in has no Heater, weird rite. We will be damm cold at night and alot of ppl in my group didnt dare to bath. We will be burggggg (cold) in the morning.

I will visit Taiwan again but this time will be free n easy. For the 1st timer, it is gd 2 follow group tour but guess it will not be difficult travelling around.

Keep me update
happy.gif

Will try to quickly upload my pics :p

greenie

hi soap, so glad to hear someone echoing my sentiments. i thot i was the freak here being the only one tt had such a bad experience!

basically, u said it all, esp the hot spring... wat u saw in wulai ( i dunno where izzit) is exactly wat i saw in yang ming shan! it threw me totally off from wat i expected. anyway the smell was not tt bad 4 me, i can tahan. in any case, i juz soaked my feet.. cant b bothered to remove my clothes & put back on again. and the attendants there was like knocking on the doors reminding pple tt their time is up... so inconsiderate & rude... how to enjoy the hot spring?

wat? the chen ming zhen said bu fang bian? yah lor, she thot she famous or wat!!!! tt reminds me, i saw quan yifeng & her hb in the shilin mkt, but din really ackowledge her as i dun wan to disturb her trip. guess she is not well known in TW.

prob u can tahan the bus trips better than me, i really freaked out. back here in SG, i still got repercussions on the feelings back then....
sad.gif

and agreed, the so-called 5* hotels sucks!!! the best of them all was the one we stayed in taoyuan, tt one was quite nice but they had no heaters! of coz we were trembling lor... i had to bathe, even if it was cold... i devised my own method to bath lor...
lol.gif
sounds pathetic but at least i felt nice & gd... anyway it was real horrible feeling while tryg to sleep. while being tucked under the sheets, i wld still shiver.... bbbrrrggg....

yup, agree tt its not difficult to travel in TW as there is no language barrier... hopefully can travel again there next time wif a better trip.
happy.gif

idono

Hi all,
Hotsprings in Taiwan is not that nice anyway. I never visit any of them. all looks dirty to me as most springs have stagnant water. Compared to hotsprings in japan which I always visit when I'm there. Taiwans' is a bit "yucky" :p

Cold springs is another matter, they're quite nice, but in a sense like bathing in a v. clean river.

greenie

hi idono,

its true tt the hot springs in TW looks yucky... thus i nvr even bothered to soak my whole body. i wonder if they recycled the used water? eeee...
uhoh.gif

hmmm, u sounded like u travelled quite extensively liao... so which is the best plc tt u had travelled so far?
happy.gif

idono

I wish I can travel more
happy.gif

But limited money.
sad.gif

Best ah.... I love New Zealand (south island) and Hokkaido most of the asia/pacific region I've been to.

greenie

idono, i think u travelled to a lot of plcs liao lor...

since the horrifying trip to TW, i abandoned my plans to go europe 4 HM & is considering to go japan instead. actually i dread pkg tours now... but i think if go japan on F&E, we end up spendg more $$$ and there is a language barrier rite?
uhoh.gif

NZ is one of my shortlisted choices, a lot of frens went there 4 HM. but the major determining factor is still $$$MONEY$$$!!!
lol.gif

soap

Hi all,

Trying to upload my pics but seems like the resolution is quite big. Can anyone help onto how 2 make it smaller. Wan to share my pics with u all
happy.gif

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Cheers

greenie

hi soap! me hvg similar probs wif u coz my resolution for some pix quite big. u can try to 'cut' or 'crop' ur pix into a smaller one & try to upload.. me will try to upload the binglang mei pix here...
lol.gif

meagan

Hi starz...wah..you mean they wear like that in winter? must be so cold...

You hv microsoft photo editor? To make the pics smaller, can use 'Resize' under 'image'. Just type the percentage which you want your pic to be resize to.

Waiting to see your photos!
happy.gif

greenie

hi meagan,

i dun hv tt software lah. its the one tt came along wif my digicam pkg...

yeah! she wore like tt when we were all wrapped up in our winter clothes!
lol.gif
admire her courage anot? hahahahaha
happy.gif

greenie

maomao, very sexy hor??? u see the way she walk machiam like its a hot day there when its actually very cold & windy!!!
lol.gif

i dunno leh, the guide did mention the authorities r catchg leh... but this one din wear see thru bras, so mayb not as serious?
uhoh.gif
but it was very "yang yan" for us!!!
lol.gif

soap

Hi Starz,

Me still trying 2 figure out how 2 resize the pics, will try 2 do it soon and show it to u all. Btw, mine is not so sexy, she wore a bra & panties with the see-thru skirt (same as yours). Our tour leader invited her up the coach so I just snap a pic of her smiling.

Cheers
happy.gif

greenie

hi soap! ok, we r still waitg 4 the pix....
happy.gif

did u all saw the news on sunday? the bing lang mei was caught in a secret ambush in TW... i saw the bing lang mei wore nothing except a netted attire... her breasts were dangling behind the netted attire it was not seen clearly from the video they showed... she was real daring!

hehehe, ur guide still invited her to snap pix wif u all ah? i wanted to go up to the bing lang mei to snap a pix but she looked a bit unfriendly, so i din lor.

okeanosmao

starz,

wah sei, u mean the binglang mei really wore nothing n only netting attire??? so daring ah..like tat the guys where can tahan??
ma chiam like 'selling' her body like tat leh.

soap

Hi Starz,

Ya lor, my guide look around and maybe he get 1 binglang mei that suits his liking then he stop the coach lor. U noe what, everyone is so excited when we saw her but we try 2 act calm. He says we cannot be kan choing, if not she will be scare. One auntie think crazy liao, wanted to have a peek on her cheeks, she left almost immediately. We were all shocked. Oh yah, our tour leader says that normally the china tours that he lead with react the most suan ku.

Aiyah, I didnt get 2 see the news. Missed it
sad.gif

Hahahahah

soap

oh ya, one more thing, the pic that u have taken looks almost similar to the binglang mei that I have taken. Must try 2 upload the pic 2 show u.

greenie

hi soap! i am eagerly waitg 4 the pix u snapped!
happy.gif

the binglang mei i snapped looked so 'dao' tt i dun really dare to approach her.

the one u saw sounds friendlier than mine. hahahaa... the auntie wan to give her a kiss ah? no wonder she scared lah! hahahaha
lol.gif

yah lor, the gal on the news looked so daring... she was baring all except 4 the netted attire she had on her... anyway i think it din cover much. juz tt from the video they took, we cant make it out too clearly as it was quite blur

soap

Hi Starz,

Btw, me still quite busy 2 figure how 2 make the resolution smaller, will do it during the weekend. Do u wan 2 give me yr e-mail address so that I can e-mail u the binglang mei's photo? Think u must be quite excited 2 see rite? Then after that we can still 2 goissp. Hahahahaha
happy.gif

greenie

hi soap, no prob, u can get my email add when u click on my nick... yup, email me the pix better then can gossip as well! HAHAHA
lol.gif

cin

hello! Need some help from you experts out there
happy.gif
my and hubby thinking of making a trip to taipei. I have some questions to ask; hope you girls can help...

Is anyone familiar with Santos Hotel in Taipei? Is it ulu or rundown, or tolerable? Also, has anyone heard of or been to the Sha Mao valley hotspring? What kind of water is it - clear or sulphuric?

We are thinking of going for the chan brother Taipei Food, Shopping + Hotspring tour in April. What's the weather then like? Cool? Hot?

http://www.chanbrothers.com/index.cfm?id=desc1&tour_code=TW04

chris~m

hi~ Cin

here's Santos Hotel pics...
42673.jpg
42674.jpg

from my past tour lead exp, other than those 5* hotels, the rest like 4* n below r already quite old esp their furnitures, carpets etc.... their rooms r more like motel standard. from the pics i show u, the very smart... take room photo with dull lighting so u can't see the "old" i mention... anyway, if u r not very "ngiow" shd b ok 4 juz few days stay
happy.gif

the hotspring in Sha Mao Mountain is sulphuric. they hv many individual "rooms" (either u like dip alone or wif ur partner)

april still quite cooling (at night), ard 23-28*C...

btw, i saw ur itinerary... 4days stay? then u only left Day 3 2 go Xi Men Ding shopping...
proud.gif

hopes these infos helps u.. happy shopping!
happy.gif

cin

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info
happy.gif

Ya only left day 3 to go Xi Men Ting... we may be extending one day, so got one more extra day.

Any recommendations on where to go? Btw, do you know where is Leofoo Village Theme Park? is it too far to travel from Taipei? ie. one day enough?

chris~m

hi~ Cin

u're welcome!
happy.gif

me only like 2 go their noon or nite market, coz the rest like shopping centre r 2 exp n makes no diff from shopping in S'pore, if u r free, u can take a cab 2 RaoHe wholesale market, selling clothes, shoes, bags etc... can bargain cheaper than outside... or shilin nite market, the nearby "shopping mall" (dun look like, but got aircon type) also quite lots of things 2 see/buy

Leofoo Village is quite far from Taipei, my friends drive me there from Taipei also, takes at least 3hrs (abit traffic jam at the highway, w/o jam also need 2hrs++)... i suggest mayb u can make enquiry at the hotel tour desk, they might hv package, then u no need 2 take train then change bus etc.... 1 day shd b enough if u depart early morning, their operating hrs 4 april is 9am-6pm (mon-fri), 9am-9pm(sat/sun/p.h), adm fee NT890 per person

chris~m

oh, 4got 2 tell u dat if u 1 2 take coach there by urself, u can check it out wif these tel nos, the price is abt NT100 per person, 02-25168668, 02-27617301, 02-29882133, all these bus company hv direct bus 2 Leofoo Village from Taipei
happy.gif

cin

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info!

Btw, do you know what kind of clothing we need to pack for April? is it cooling or starting to get warm? Not sure to pack shoes or sandals; long sleeved tops or short sleeved; pants or berms...

chris~m

hi Cin

u're welcome!
happy.gif

apr... althgh starting to get warm but can b quite cooling esp at night.... u can wear short sleeved then also bring along ur sweater, cam, jacket etc.... those normally u wear in the office can liao! if u're not afraid of cold then no need lor... by the way, when u depart? begin apr or end apr?

i think track shoes will b better coz frankly, their road quite dirty esp after rainning... so if u wear sandals ur legs will b... /clipart{briggrin}

oh yes! Leofoo is rite up the mountain, it's quite windy... so this 1 muz bring jacket incase la hor...
happy.gif

chris~m

hi Idono

Leofoo village is a theme park at Taichong - Xin(1) Zhu(2)

can b quite fun if u enjoy the show n rides
happy.gif

idono

Hi Chris,

Erm, taichong & XinZhu are different place.
Are you refering to Liu4 Fu2? (direct translate as "six luck")?