Here's some website for ur reference:

Hotels:-
http://www.abctravel.com.tw/order_tw_frame.asp
http://www.ezhotel.com.tw/

Taipei MRT Route Map:-
http://home.trtc.com.tw/EINFO/eroutehome.asp

Taipei info:-
http://www.taiwan.net.tw/lan/cht/index/index.asp

Maybe u can book a day tour to JiuFen and YeLiu.
JiuFen is a nostalgic little town outside taipei, it's a nice place... worth a visit.
happy.gif

missylan

I am going for a business trip again and I left 1 night to shop only. Beside Xi Meng Ting, where should I go? I will be staying at Royal Castle Hotel in Xi Meng Ting.

Any suggestion?

king_king

Missylan,

U wanna try go to Shihlin Night Market? The nearest train is Jiantan. It is just opposite only. Or maybe u wanna try Taipei 101 Mall? It's a new shopping centre. The nearest train is at Taipei City Hall. U may aso try Huaxi Night Market where they sell medicial oil..etc.

ballade

hello all,

me and hb are thinking of going to taipei on 13dec for a F&E trip. anyone of u are planning to go there in mid dec also?
happy.gif

ningyo

Hello,

I'm going TaiPei in Sept. Any recommendation of hotel to stay? Is Cosmo Hotel conveniently located?

Thanks!
happy.gif

idono

I like Grand Hyatt, just beside the world trade center, but quite a distance from taipei train station. Or Sheraton near Taipei train station

blurbaby

Anyone who can share with me how much is travelling to Taiwan will be? As compare to Thailand i find it very ex... But what is the difference between the budget airline and normal airline? [Apart from the food]

Planning to go Taiwan next year... So planning ahead...

Thank you...

sakura_78

Yes.. weather is very cooling... 4D3N only enough to go Taipei alone... I took a 1 day tour whereby they will bring you to the main places of interests, including Beitou. Quite easy to explore the places in Taipei on your own. Cosmo Hotel is very conveniently located at the main Taipei station. Hope you gals enjoy yr trip
happy.gif

dinoltan

Is Cosmo Hotel clean and comfortable? I am planning to go during late Dec. Heard that not much to buy during that season, only winter stuff. Issit true? Thanks.

sakura_78

Cosmo Hotel not bad.. definitely clean. Quite true.. mostly winter clothing which you will not wear in Singapore... Haha... but i thoroughly enjoyed myself there.... got so many Taiwan snacks... yummy yummy.. wil go back there again..

blue2003

Anyone going in Dec? I would like to go to Taipei in Dec but haven started to source yet. Which agency has good F&E package? Thanks in advance.

smoke

yup taipei in dec or jan is perfect : )
a must go is their 'yang ming shan', a mountain. Go visit one of the hot springs in the mountain.....we went to the public open hot spring....fully NAKED (men n madies split areas of course....haa)....superb experience coz the sulphuric hot spring is fab while the surrounding was cold n misty ....

fion

Hi,

I am planning for a f&e trip to taipei.. anyone can actually recommend which hotel is cheaper and not too old, convenient?

maerceci

Has anyone stay in King Shi Hotel near Xi Men MRT Station before? I am thinking of booking this hotel. Any feedback?

smoke

Hi Ray,

these are excellent websites on taipei....:

http://www.taipeitravel.net/pda/article.asp?pcode=4&indexId=50&mrtId=-1&uId=3264&pageNo=1

http://view.taiwan.net.tw/hotspring09.asp

I am sorry i can't recall which hotspring i went....coz i went along wif taiwanese frens back then. BUT, there are numerous hotsprings there! I believe you can check with the tourist info kiosk there....sure hv good recommendation
happy.gif

btw saw this interesting posting abt going yangming shan : http://gb.udn.com/gb/city.udn.com/v1/blog/article/article.jsp?uid=babykon&f_ART_ID=387637

HTH

maerceci

I am a total newbie for F&E.

Other than booking air tickets, hotel and buying travel insurance. Do i need to apply visa and go for a vaccine to go taiwan? Anything that i miss out?

vane

Hi Ray, Singaporeans do not need visas to go to Taiwan. I don't rem getting vaccines when I visited Taiwan last June.

taime81

Hi,

Me going taiwan in dec. Any idea if hotspring visit is a must? Any hotsping in private room to recommend @ reasonable prices?

vivien_lim

for hot spring can go to "BEI TOU" station. once you alight you will see a whole long street all is resort ,hotspring... can choose slowly which one u like...

apple_queen

I am going taipei free n easy in May for 8 days.
Wanna try the hotspring too.
However, is it advisable to stay at the hotspring area for a night? Where is a good place to stay?

haohao20

if you're gg to the hot springs in beitou, i think you do not need to stay a night there as it is easily accessible by their MRT. if you're gg in may, it is gona be pretty hot. so the dip at the hot spring might not be as enjoyable as it in during the cold weather. you can go to yangmingshan too as it is very near new beitou mrt station.

rainbow hotel is a good place to stay as it is very clean and its in the heart of ximending. Do not worry about the noise as when you are in the hotel room, u cant hear the rants downstairs in the bustling area.

the people in taipei are very friendly and very polite. the place is very clean too
happy.gif
much nicer experience then the one i had in hk. the trains are less packed then singapore! much less hk
happy.gif
the food is very cheap and clean too (includes the street foods)

haohao20

as for the hot spring, we went to yatai spring resort. we paid 2000twd for a private hot spring for 1 hr. as the weather wasnt too cold, we ended up letting some hot water out and filling the tub with cold water. btw we went in mid april 08.

sylvia00

u can consider East Dragon Hotel, Riverview Hotel and See YOu Hotel. They are quite newly renovated and price wise Cheap.

kiddyu15

I'll be staying in CityInn, Taipei for my Taiwan trip this July.. Looks very cheery and nice.. You can check out their website.. =)

bubble_low

Hi,

I stayed at Cityinn, nice and convenient place. Only thing is that the room is pretty small. Ask them to give you a bigger rm, if possible.

The sister hotel, dandy hotel (at zhongshan) is my favourite. Nice room with breakfast and near the mrt and japanese resturant.

shen0005

I stayed at longstay hotel. Definitely value for money. Cleaner than rainbow, much newer, got LCD TV mounted on wall. Free and fast internet access in room. Bathroom wise, bathtub available. Think they just started operation in Sept last year. Good service. No breakfast though. But Ximen a lot of stuff to eat, so no worries.

http://longstay-hotel-eng.emmm.tw/?ptype=hotel

hoshi5

Hi,

We are planning to go taipei in September.
Anybody can advise on the weather? Is it the rainy season?

Also, what are the places that are "MUST-GO", and things that are "MUST-BUY" coz it's our first visit and we will be doing it F&E for about 5 days.

Many thanks!

michiko

hi hoshi! i am going to taipei F&E too in sept.
Is that your first time going TW?
as is not our first time, we will not be going to those tourists attraction eg zoo, memorial hall, YangMingShan etc...
You may wish to check out these places.
Also night markets are a must! alot of things to buy and eat!
Shoes, clothes etc will be quite cheap.
Weather wise, should be quite sunny.

hoshi5

michiko,
Yup, first time gg to TW...
Will be there for 6D5N... plan to stay in taipei for 4N and down to taichung for 1N... any recommendations for good hotels in taichung?
I've booked rainbow hotel for my taipei stay.
happy.gif

fetus

There are a number of places close to Taipei that can be easily visited as day trips, including Danshui, Jiufen and Yingge, to name just a few. Pick up either the Lonely Planet or Rough Guide books on Taiwan to look for details on these and other places.

As #2 points out, the High Speed Rail makes much of the west coast accessible as well, as long as you can afford it. Tainan, especially, is a great city to visit for its historical sights.

candycandy001

I joined a land tour from planettravel last time, find it very convenient and value for $.

5D4N, total less than S$250 per pax incl hotel/airport transfer, 1 day sightseeing tour and 4N hotel stay+breakfast, the rest F&E. I think it is very gd for 1st timer to Taipei. Airport and Ximending (hotel) is very far, esp your flight arrive after 7-8pm, very tired liao still need to find the coach bay. Last time I took the land tour, the assistant waiting us at the exit area (with our name sign). They also help us to carry baggage and direct us to the pickup area. Maybe I went during offpeak, the minibus only have 4 of us, driver+assistant+me&my hubby (journey abt 1-1.5hr depend on the traffic).

2nd day sightseeing tour covers most of the "standard" sightseeing areas in Taipei (by coach), like National CKS Memorial Hall / National Palace Museum/ Chiufen/Peitou Hot Spring etc. Personally find Chiufen (jiufen) is quite nice but a bit difficult if go by public transport as it is on top of the hill. The land tour is quite flexible, I n hubby didnt go hot spring (bcos we dont fancy it esp is the public pool) so they dropped us to shilin night market directly, more fun^^. There is free shuttle bus from the MRT station to MeiLiHua shopping mall, my hubby like it, we also shop the carrefour and bought cup noodle. After 1 whole day, we took a cab back to hotel in Ximending, cost us less than S$10! (although we thought it is very far). I really miss Taipei~

Details:
http://www.planettravel.com.sg/tours/taiwan/POLO/P4_ph_land.htm