Anyone a ATC (Asian Travel Club) or RCI member??

sophia

Hi

Just wandering if anyone out there a ATC or RCI member or have heard of these holiday ownership scheme? Can share your thoughts on this??

Thanks in advance!

ultragerms

Sophia,
Bought the trial out scheme for $2500 for 3 years, have yet to use but will be using for our honeymoon trip to Australia and our convocation in U.K next year. The booking is abit of trobulesome and often a lot of mistake on the date etc.

tintin

Hi Sophia

I am currently member of RCI and own a timeshare in Spain. Although I own a week in Spain but I have yet to go there. So far I made use of the exchange program and have been to more than 10 resorts. I dislike to join the tour and prefer free and easy holidays that is why I choose to purchase a timeshare.

However you have to bear in mind that travelling this way usually will cost more and you need to do a lot of preparation work. I enjoy doing the preparation and consider that as part of my holiday planning.

There are a lot of hidden cost e.g. the exchange fee, annual membership fee, maintenance fee and of course the cost of your week you are owning. If you like to travel very often, it is worthwhile cos the quality of the resort is first class. My husband does a lot of travel therefore he really makes full use of his timeshare.

Hope the information is sufficient for you.

Tintin

momoko

Hi! I had owned a timeshare in France before. I gave it up after realising the high maintenance fees. It was much more expensive to travel in the end. Maybe unless you travel a lot in a year. Anyway, to minimise my losses, I've decided to part with my hard earned $$ and gave it up.

My advise to all out there. PLEASE do not make the same mistake that I did. It's not worth the $$.

tintin

Hi momoko

You are right. After adding up the maintenance and exchange fee, it will definitely be more expensive if you travel only once a year.

My husband is travelling to the States quite often and accommodation is quite expensive there otherwise I won't consider to purchase a timeshare.

Tintin

sophia

Momoko,

How did you give it up? Did you sell it to someone else? We were told that we can sell it via agency ie ERA but when we made a call to check, they said that they are no longer selling this kind of timeshare!!! So am really wandering how you do it?

Tintin and Momoko,

Mind sharing how much are your membership fee? Mine is $11K and are really worried that we are being overcharged. My timeshare is abit different from you guys in the sense that i get to go 88 resorts without paying anything.

Ultragerms,

I think u are lucky. We didn't know there is such try out scheme; otherwise would have bought that. : (

sophia

TinTin

"Pai Say" i really have lots of questions at this point in time. Have yet to try out these resorts (and having paid so much!!)so i really need some reassurance that this is really worth the $$$.

Are the resorts really first class as you mentioned? When i flipped the RCI resort magazine most of the resorts don't look that fantastic!? I think most of them are 3 or 4 stars right? Could you recommend those resorts which you have been to and found them to be fantastic? That will be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

tintin

Hi Sophia

When I started talking to Singaporeans regarding Timeshare, most of them will tell me that it is scheme. Most of them don't believe in Timeshare (reason is more expensive than package tours).

As I have mentioned earlier, if you add up all the costs, it will definitely be more expensive than joining a local tour agency especially if you go holiday once a year. However my husband needs to travel to the States quite often and accommodation is quite expensive there.

If you are going to States, you must go to Hawaii. I stayed in Big Island, the resort name is The Bay Club, its the 'Gold Crown' ratings. Remember to choose the Gold Crown ones because they are of better quality. It is a 2-Bedroom resort (like Terrace house, smaller version) with full kitchen facilities. Imagine a big dining area, two bedrooms, a kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, dryer. Also there is a vocanic hot spa just right outside the doorstep. My bedroom was a cosy one with a Jacuzzi inside the big bathroom. I tell you this is the best resort I have stayed so far! We travelled in a group of 5 during this trip and because we are able to cook in the resort, we actually saved a lot of money.

Recently I went to LA and stayed in Peacock Suite very near to Disneyland. It is a very nice suite and convenient location. Maybe you can tell me which country you intend to go for your honeymoon.

So far the countries I went during my timeshares are Malaysia, Bali, Thailand, New Zealand, USA (includes LA, LV, San Francisco, Hawaii, Lake Tahoe etc). They are usually resort with cooking facilities and not hotels type. Moreover I prefer free and easy holidays, renting a car to get around is fun. Find package tour not suitable for us because we don't like the restricted time given and period of time in one place is rather short. However must bear in mind that you need to do a lot of research if you are going free and easy.

I paid around 12-13K for one-bedroom unit in Spain and it is a red time one which means can travel during all seasons. They also have blue and white ones which are cheaper. Mine is for lifetime. Some timeshares are restricted like a 20 or 30 years term. Must be careful!

Please feel free to write to me if you need more information. Glad to share with you.

Tintin

trihok

Hi Sophia,

i m a RTC member, my hubby have bought me this membership on our 3rd aniversary on May'00. like u, i also have alot of question/equiry as well. i thk we r getting the same package membership - $11K, 1 bedrm suite for 88 resort around the world on every alternate year. How abt urs??
We intend to use the timeshare for our honeymoon next year June.

Where u intend to go for honeymoon?? can we share??
happy.gif

ultragerms

Sophia,

The reason why we got this package we were surprised too, as initally they tell us the share is about $10,000 for lifetime membership, but we get doubtful and do not want to take the risk, furthermore if you commit yourself to this type of share it will become a burden, to me I am just a normal working class citizen and although I have a leave of 28 days per year, that don't make me wanna to get the share straight away, the service? the condition of the resort/hotel? we don't know from the book provided off course they will show you the best part.
We tell them we are very interested in the share but could not afford as we are also studying, so they calculate and asked me how much I could spare for a month I told them the miniman, at the end they introduce us the 3 year plan, as since we are going to Australia for our 10 days honeymoon and as I have told you our convocation in UK nextyear for about 3 weeks, tour Europe I think this plan is reasonable and I was given resort for 6 person accomdation, so I can also bring friend along too.
Think twice before taking the pluge.

kiki

Tintin,
May i know how u arrange to get the resort? Is it very convenient or u need plan like a few months advance in order to get the resort u want? Do u get confirmation of resort immediately after u request or have to wait? Do u always need book 7 days resort?

Sorry for lots of questions.. Am the RCI memember too but not used it so far. Want to know if it is easy to get resort like the one u mentioned in Hawaii. Then probably can consider using it for my honeymoon
happy.gif

tintin

Hi Kiki

I have made my exchange through RCI. The system works this way: once you deposit your week for e.g. year 2001, that means you are not going to your resort to stay (the week you own). The earlier you deposit, the high the exchange power it is. Also must see which colour week you own, red is the highest in demand followed by white and blue.

I have exchanged more than 10 times and so far I have not been disappointed. This year, I am exchanging for Paris so far no news yet because Paris is a 'hot' and expensive place. Usually you need to plan a few months in advance. Should be able to get your choice in less than a month. If you refer to the RCI Resort Catalogue, choose those which is Gold Crown or Distination ratings. They usually have better quality and facilities. You can submit your request on-line or call the RCI Singapore Office in Shenton Way.

Should you require more infor, you can always send your postings here.

Have a nice day!

Tintin

sophia

Tintin,

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely go The Bay Club in Hawaii one of these days. Have you been to resorts in Florida especially those near to DisneyWorld? Another place where i will like to go is South Africa. The sales representative recommend a resort Kruger Lodge (hope i didn't remember wrongly) which he said was fantastic (his parents went there and strongly recommended the place).

Trihok,

Yes...think we have bought the same package. Have you been to any resorts so far? We have not decided on a place for our honeymoon yet but New Zealand and Europe would be our preference. : )

Gals, i am really glad that there is a place for us to share/recommend good resorts that we have been to or to alert us which are the not-so-good quality ones (so that we will not waste $$ and time). It's always good to hear from one who have been there then rely on the magazine.

tintin

Hi Sophia

I have never been to any resorts in Florida but love to go there. I have Vistana Resort on mind and it is always my dream to stay there if I go to Florida. In fact my husband wanted to go Florida but I refuses because we just came back from States earlier this year.

Check out Vistana Resort. It is very near to Disneyworld. It is a Gold Crown Resort with almost all the facilites e.g. full kitchen, restaurants, shopping, tennis, swimming pools, etc etc.

When is your honeymoon? Hopefully I can go Europe for my honeymoon in end November. Will tell you more about my itinerary.

Tintin

kiki

Tintin,
Thanks! Glad to find a site to share and find out information of RCI memeber. i tot am the only one getting it...hehe

Have u been to NZ using timeshare? Where did u go? How is resort like? I consider NZ for honeymoon too but want to cover from north to south, very ambitious huh?
happy.gif
But by doing so i am afraid that i cannot make use of RCI, right?

U said u have exchange for 10 times, do u mean u already use 10 weeks? how could u have so many by now? Wat is the difference for choosing resort from RCI catologue or put to RCI for exchange? Does it mean using the RCI for exchange u will not sure what kind of resort will get?

BTW, have u planned ur honeymoon to Europe? If going in end of Nov there, it will not be best time though unless u like to see the winter.
happy.gif

tintin

Hi Kiki

I have been to Auckland not Queenstown yet. I stayed in Lake Tapo. It is a very relaxing and nice area. Driving from Auckland to Lake Tapo is about 4 hours. It is less than a hour from Rotorua. In Rotorua, you can see the geysers. I went there during winter and there are so many activities to do in Lake Tapo, you can ski, go horsing riding in the mountain (very scenic), visits to vineyard etc.

The resort I had in Tapo was a 2 bedroom suite in a villa. They have a private jacuzzi to yourself just outside the villa. One villa, one jacuzzi. Full kitchen facilites, a washer and dryer. You can have your own barbecue outside the villa but we didn't do that cos it was winter. Our resort is very near the town and food there is so cheap and good. Chinese food is very nice too. I went there less than 2 weeks so I don't have time to go to the South Island. I think it is even better cos we like to ski.

You are right end of November not a good time to go Europe but we just love to travel in winter. So far most of my holidays were spent during winters.

kiki

Tintin,
So when u say the winter time in NZ, it means in July August period, am i right? Am planning my honeymoon next Jan so is summer in NZ..

Sounds the villa u've been also quite good. can i check with u how u get the 2 bedroom suite? Is it because ur own suite is 2 bedroom? Is it resort u also got it by exchange? Can u exchange ur future timesharing for current trip? I still don't get how could u have use the timeshare for so many times..
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing. If u don't mind the winter, then i think u will sure enjoy Europe. Still the scenice in winter is quite unique but beautiful too. Which part r u going then?

tintin

Hi Kiki

You are right, I went there in August. I own a one bedroom unit. You can exchange for 2 or even 3 bedroom if it is available. You can even use your 2002 for this year but must pay up the maintenance fee first. So far I have never try before. They also have getaway special which means you don't need to use your week for exchange but those resorts on getaway special are usually available during off-peak (not in the Gold Crown rating). I usually exchange my week as well as ask for a getaway special so total I have 2 weeks per year on an average. The getaway special week cost around $399 for 7 nights. Very reasonable for accommodation in the western countries.

Wow Jan in NZ should be very hot in the day time. You can do a lot of outdoor activities in the summer. Don't have to worry that it gets dark at 5pm.

Kiki when is your wedding by the way? Have you confirm your gown and wedding banquet etc? My wedding is on 22 Nov this year. Planning to go Switzerland, France (if time permits, maybe Austria). Looking forward desperately for my honeymoon.

Tintin

tintin

Hi niki

My friend actually went to one agency and paid more than $100 to sell her timeshare. In the end she also did not managed to sell it off even though paid the amount. I advise you to contact your resort directly if you want to sell your week.

Tintin

kiki

Tintin,
I think u r the expert of using RCI membership.
happy.gif

I have flipped through the catalogue but can't find the gold crown rating leh... strange. Do you exchange the week u own for NZ trip last time? Do u mean there is private jaccuzi for u or shared for whole resort? I want to buy it instead of exchanging my own week if going there. Can i just request to RCI?

Sorry everytime throw numbers of questions to u. My wedding on 21st Jan next year and so far managed to settle gown and banquet.

U r right, the weather in NZ is hot. But like other choice we consider, Hawaii or Mauritius, weather is similar. The good thing is the long day time since we prefer self-drive trip.

Should try Austria since u r so close to there or u might want to see Prague in winter? was told it absolutely beautiful. Can understand ur feeling of honeymoon as i am also happily planning mine. N i have to wait much longer than u before going for honeymoon.

tintin

Hi Kiki

I am not sure whether they print the gold crown rating in the latest catalogue. However they have it in the old ones. You can check it out at www.rci.com.sg and go to the resort directory to search. There is a private jaccuzi for every unit. When you say buy it, are you referring to the getaway special? Usually the getaway specials are those resort which are not so popular in terms of location and facilities. If you are using your own week, chances of getting a better and bigger unit is very high.

If you are going to NZ, you can using your week to exchange for Queenstown and try a getaway special for Auckland. Accomodation in Queenstown (Christchurch) is more expensive and popular than Auckland. Speak to a RCI Consultant now and make your exchange fast.

I like the idea of self-drive in NZ too. Car rental and petrol is so cheap over there. Not to worry, driving in NZ specially summer is very safe so long as you don't cross your speed limit too much.

Start planning now and I am sure you will have a memorable honeymoon. Please continue to ask me anymore questions if you have. Not easy to talk to timeshare owners in Singapore because most of them don't believe in this.

I will share with you my exchange in Europe once I get a confirmation from RCI.

BTW, when are you taking your wedding photos and where are you having your banquet? I have not taken my photos yet. Waiting for my MTM gown and it should be ready in 1 or 2 weeks' time. My photos session will be end of this month. Consider quite late but we are still taking our own sweet time.

Take care

Tintin

kiki

Tintin,
Thanks thanks.. will wait to hear ur wonderful honeymoon then.
happy.gif

Ur photo session is really late. I will take photo in end of Oct. Is also not plenty of time before my wedding. I will have banquet at Regent hotel. Feel the services over there is very good. However, so far i only spend time on my gowns not even think abt my banquet yet..hehee. How abt u?

nonsense

Excuse this looooong email but I have lots to say. =p I worked very briefly as a sales rep in a timeshare company so I know a bit about it and I also own a membership myself so I am an interested party. Although I bought it a while ago, I only just finished payment and will be using it for my honeymoon end of this year, just like the rest of you.

Some of you may be wondering if you were conned. Well, I calculated like mad as well after I bought it and found it is worth it for me. Let me explain here but before I do, let me just answer one of the questions above. Someone asked if you have to go for 7 days at a go. The answer is yes for resorts outside asia and no for resorts within asia. In Asia you can split the week into 2 periods of 3 days and 4 days. Someone, TinTin I think, said her hubby travels often so it makes the timeshare worth it. I don't understand how that works. Can someone explain? The more you travel, the more you chalk up on airfare isn't it? 7 days at a go seems to be the most economical.

Prices for different resorts vary and prices for the same resorts also vary if you go to different marketing companies. I know a few companies in Singapore sell the same resorts and their prices vary by quite a lot.

First of all, if your resort is in a highly popular place, your exchange power will be higher and it will be easier for you to resell the membership. Naturally these will cost more. $11k for 1 1BR alternate years is reasonable. I've never heard of RTC though. I know of RCI and IRI. RCI is the largest with about 3500 resorts in 90+ countries so you have the most choices when it comes to exchanging. The membership I bought comes with a 10-year buy-back guarantee, which means, after owning the membership for 10 years I can sell it back to the developers at the market price then, no questions asked. You might even profit from it, but at least your capital is guaranteed.

Timeshare does have additional costs besides the membership, just like country club memberships. I don't think they are hidden costs, unless your sales rep never told you about these things. A decent company should tell you such things before you buy. Besides the membership fee, you have to pay RCI membership, maintenance fee, as well as exchange fees when you exchange for other resorts.

Let's do a comparison here. Assuming you pay $13000 for a 60 yr membership and maintenance is about $400 and every year you exchange to a country outside Asia (exchange within asia costs $138 and going to home resort is free), it will work out to...

$13000 [membership] + ($400*60) [maintenance] + ($125*60) [RCI membership] + ($198*60) [exchange fees]=$56380

This works out to $939.67 per year. Assuming each time 4 persons go, each person will have to pay $234.92, or $33.56 per night. It will be very hard to find a resort or hotel of similar quality for this price. Maybe you challenge the 60 years assumption, but most resorts give 60-year memberships, which you can transfer to your children or sell away. But you musn't forget that if you give to your children or sell away, they pay the maintenance, RCI membership and exchange fees so you cannot factor that into your cost. But just for argument's sake, suppose you pay for all 60 years and only use 30 of those years without transferring the membership or selling it, each person per night will cost $67.12, still a very reasonable sum. Perhaps you question the 4-person assumption but 1 BedRoom suites are for up to 4 persons, otherwise you might as well buy the studio which is for 2 persons. In any case, even if you calculate for 2 persons, over 60 years it's $67.12.

All in, it might sound rather costly for 1 person. For 2 persons, it will be a lot more reasonable since the cost is halved. I see that many people buy 1 bedroom, which can accomodate up to 4. For a family of 4, or a group of 4 friends, the price will be hard to beat, for similar quality. No matter how you calculate, you may find local tour agencies giving cheaper tour packages but you have to compare apples with apples. Ask your travel agent to quote you a suite and compare the price. If you are more concerned about price than quality, and don't care about living in luxury or staying in castles or log houses, etc. then timeshare is not for you. Go get those "deluxe" hotel rooms instead.

Before buying you can do some homework and check out the published prices. Most are at least $100+ with some even $500+ per night! Suppose you get Manhattan Club, it's about US$280 per night which makes it S$3528 or $882 per person, or $126 per night. In this case it is definitely a good deal. If you already own a timeshare or are buying one, make sure you go for all the expensive ones and make it worth it. But even those cheaper ones like Australia will cost >$900 room it's still ok.

If you sell it at a later time, your cost will be even lower.

You have to consider your needs and your budget. Timeshare is definitely a good product, but if it doesn't meet your needs then it's not for you. For those with the right needs and budget, timeshare is definitely worth it.

For those who are interested in getting timeshare, I can recommend you to the company I worked in. What I heard is it will be cheaper as they can deduct commission. (alas! nothing for me to earn) If you're interested, just send me an email la. The company also does resale so if you want to sell you can go to them. No upfront cash. They will collect commission upon successful sale. I just found this site www.maestro.com.sg which does buy/sell of timeshare so you might want to take a look as well.

apple

Hi, my husband and I have also just bought a 2-year trial RCI membership, through hard selling by the sales people. We were quite determined not to buy initially. Somehow, they have the power to persuade us and of course, we made our calculations also. The cost is $2500 for the 2 year. Should we want to convert to lifetime, the membership cost $10K. Which means, we have to pay the remaining $7500 2 years later. Now, for the trial membership, no maintenance fees and those extra cost were not excluded. Can anyone advise me, are we conned??

We intend to use the free 2 weeks accommodation for our honeymoon next Apr to Europe, which should be about the $2500 that we paid. Any recommendations on the hotels/resorts and countries to go?Do the RCI consultants help in our planning?? We were told that they do.

Can Tintin or anyone advise? thank you
happy.gif

ultragerms

Apple,

I believed your memebership is the same as us, and we are using in for our honeymoon, but we have been encouting a lot of problem, I believed when u signed up for the membership they give you a booklet showing you the different resort right? please read the date available below the resort and the check in and check out time.
Currently we though of going back to ask them to terminate our membership if we can, we choose the resort we want for 4 days, end up they give us 2 day here and 2 day there....? Australia is a big place thake Mel itself it is enough to kill you for the travelling time, they give us two different place to stay...how to enjoy ourselves like that.

monica

HI Apple,
How long did you talked to them until you bought the Membership. I was "CONNED" into going to one of their talks awhile back. I was determined not to buy. We were "detained" there by the persistent hard selling women for 3 hours. "URGH"
It started with $30,000.
By the end of the 3rd Hour suddenly there was someone selling the "lifetime" membership at $4,000. Transferrable. We didn't buy too cos we so sooo disgusted by her hard sell tactics. Can u believe it. U tell them you don't want to buy they still ask u for Credit card to check your limit and tell you that they can stretch the limit to $30,000 for you. When she realised that we were not going to succumb to her hard selling tactic her attitude changed completely. She became really rude. Whole face went black, Blinked at us and walk away.

We calculated it's really not worthy. On top of the membership fee you still have to pay the yearly maintenance fee of $500. And you're only allowed to stay there for 7 days. And I you are restricted to only their chains of hotel. If I'm going on a holiday I wouldn't enjoy with all those restrictions.

milo

hi

me too have the same experience as monica, they try their very best to hard sell to us but when we insist not buying, their face changed. what more when i say i want to go toilet, they even send someone to follow me, so afraid that i will run away
sad.gif
really disappointed with these ppl.

kiki

Nonsense,
R u saying that ur company also does the resale? May i know if it is easy to sell the timeshare membership?

U r so good to own a plan that including the resale policy.
thanks

tintin

Hi Nonsense

My hubby has to go to the States every year to attend exhibitions so he is using our timeshare membership to book accomodation. He uses the getaway special for extra weeks. He paid like $399 per week which is only $57 per night. However getaway specials are usually available only last mintues or at a later date. In that sense, he is helping his own company to save cost. Airticket is paid by the company, of course. As for the week we owned, we prefer to use it for our leisure holiday.

I agree with you that we should go to those countries where accommodations are more expensive. That is why I have choosen Hawaii, San Francisco, LA, rather than Malaysia or Thailand. I am trying for Paris and hopefully can get one.

tintin

Hi Apple

Will be most glad if my 2 cents worth advise be of help to you.

Eruope will be a nice place to go to. In fact I am planning that for my honeymoon in end Nov. Wanted to go to Switzerland to ski. France and Austria will also be in my itinerary. I will like to go to Disneyland in Paris and of course won't want to miss Effel Tower.

I think Switzerland will be beautiful in Spring (Apr next year). Maybe you like to consider that. They have very beautiful resorts there. Wanted to go to Venice but heard the safety is not so good. I think Italy will be great but just not sure of the security. If you like shopping, then you can't miss Milan and Paris.

You can try asking RCI Holiday Consultants for advise if you need to. Based on my experience, with RCI, you will sure get your choice resorts if you book early. So book early to avoid disappointment.

Please feel free to 'shoot' questions if you have.

Tintin

tintin

Hi Kiki

My wedding dinner will be at Regent Hotel too. Glad to hear that their service is good. So far no bad comment about their food. How many tables did you book? Mine is only 20 tables and it is a weekday that is why Evelyn can give me the Pavilion Ballroom.

I went to the Bridal Suite and not very happy because the room is very simple and the typical kind of room for business traveller.

In fact I paid the deposit one month ago only. The wedding cards are beautiful (3-fold with a ribbon) but not nice to print on inserts so I think I am printing on the cards directly.

Will be going for food tasting next month. Will let you know the outcome. Are you bringing in wines? Is your wedding a weekday too?

Tintin

kiki

Tintin,
Wat a coincidence!! our choice and account manager r the same. Mine is also 20 tables, weekday.
happy.gif
)

i book Regent earlier than u but my food tasting will be later. Sure it will be great to know the outcome of ur food tasting n even ur big day turns out etc.. Good to know someone has same taste.
happy.gif

Do u bring liqure in? I like to bring wine in but hotel doesn't not waive the corkage. How abt u? One suggestion to u is that if u don't bring that many,u can try to bargain with Evelyn to lower the charge.

tintin

Hi Kiki

Ya u are right, same taste! He....He.... I will be bringing in 30 bottles of wine. As for hard liquor, I think around 3-5 bottles.

I am very glad to hear all positive feeback about Regent. So far I compare the rest of the hotel menu and only Regent offers menu with Abalone. (comparing the basic menu)

How's preparation for you gown and photo session? I have yet to see my MTM gown and my photo session will be around end Sept or 1st week Oct. Will be quite rush but no choice since my gowns are not ready. In fact I am quite anxious to see them. How about you?

Tintin

trihok

Hello girls, can anyone please help me....

i have just leart from ATC consultant that i've to pay full amt ($11k) than i can get the 1 week stay at any resort or do the exchange. at the meantime, i can only use the gateaway special.

is this true??

tintin

Hi everyone

I think so. I have to pay my instalments in full before I can use my week to exchange.

Tintin

kiki

Tintin,
So how is ur MTM gown? Which bridal shop u r with? Ur schedule is not bad as long as they could deliver the photo before ur wedding banquet. I will be able to see my MTM gown in Oct., also two weeks before my photo session. Not better than u.
happy.gif
I am wondering how my gown turns out too!

So have u decided on the no. of wines n liquer brought in the banquet? How is the charge for 30 bottles of wine? R u planning to take 8-course meal or add one more? Guess i will get lots of advice from u since our banquet r such similar.
happy.gif

BTW, I heard bad comment on the stir-fried prawn in X.O. sauce dish from a friend who attended one wedding banquet in Regent. U might want to note it when select the menu.

tintin

Hi Kiki

My day gown is ready but evening gown is still doing. Heard that the material is out of stock so have to wait for a while. My photo session is will on 7/10 & 14/10. Reason for 2 sessions is because I took my package from JB and going Malacca for outdoor shooting. My hubby is a peranakan so he suggested that Malacca might be the ideal place. Waiting anxiously for my MTM gowns (wonder how it will turn out)???

Evelyn is charging around $300 nett for cockage charge. Will not be adding additional dish, no more budget. Thanks for telling me about the stir-fried prawn in X.O. sauce. We intend to have a second round of food tasting (at our cost) so that we can try other dishes apart from the standard menu. Will only be able to tell you more after the 2 rounds of food tasting.

BTW, collected my wedding cards last night and was told by Evelyn that most of the rooms and suites are going through some renovations and hopefully we can get new and brighter colours suites. Find their suites very dark.

How do you intend to print your cards? On inserts or directly on the cards? Have you source or confirm a printer?

Cheers
Tintin

trihok

Hi all,

thanks for ur reply
happy.gif
aiya
angry.gif
thought can use it once rec'd mem card...intend to go Europe for honeymoon...i dun thk they got gateaway special to europe countries...

tintin

Hi trihok

When do you intend to travel? I wanted a gateaway special in Austria during Nov/Dec and the RCI consultant told me that the chances are quite high but will only be available nearer to the date. Which part of Europe do you intend to go? You have to keep checking with RCI nearer to your travel date (1 or 2 months before). Good luck!

Tintin

apple

Thanks, Tin tin and all for your advice and sharing. Just realised that our membership is for 3 years. oops!

What is a comfortable lead time to book the accommodation? Our wedding is in end Mar. Will be going for honeymoon in Apr.

Tintin, which resorts in Europe have you been to and would recommend??

Sorry for shooting questions now and then.

trihok

Hi Tintin,

thanks for ur advise, intend to go either paris/italy. actually we intend to go Hawaii for honeymoon but after the bombing of usa, hubby find that is not very safe so change to europe county.

tintin

Hi Apple

You are most welcomed. You can start booking your accommodation now. In fact Europe is one of the 'hottest' place for exchange. Sorry I have not been to any resorts in Europe. I am still trying to get accommodation in Paris or Austria. The RCI Consultant advised me to forget about Paris (members there do not want to deposit their weeks for exchange). However I hope I can get a week in Austria.

Do you want to consider Switzerland? They have very beautiful resorts there and it will be nice in April (Spring). I am going to Switzerland too and will be staying in my brother-in-law's apartment.

Happy planning your honeymoon!

Tintin

tintin

Hi trihok

Yes good idea, they are very nearby and all you need is a railpass. Apart from Paris, you can visit other parts of France like Nice, Marseille, Monaco etc. I heard they are very beautiful, less stressful and cheaper.

My friend just came back from Italy and she told me that people there are very desperate & hungry. Her car window was smashed just because there was a shopping bag on the car seat. If you are going to Italy, you have to be extra careful, OK!

I agree with you. In fact my hubby wanted to go Florida but I think now is not the time to go States.

Is your trip for honeymoon?

Tintin

kiki

Tintin,
haha, we r talking sth completely irrelevant to the topic..
happy.gif

I am sure u could give me advice after ur two round of food tasting. I booked with Regent in May n at that time Evelyn showed me two type of invitation cards. One is like wat u said, three fold kind. However, as she told me that there will be new addition in later this year, i didn't pay much attentions then. So far i have not considered anything related to banquet yet,all my interests r on gowns n photo session.^_* Sorry that i can't help much on it. But if i remember the type of card u referred correctly, i will like the direct printing rather than insert.

So now u plan to drop Paris but Austria for honeymoon? Since u have not been to Europe, advice u may get other accomondation and spend a few nites in Paris as well. It just has too much to see n completely different from Austria or Switzerland.

kiki

hi trihok,
When do u plan to go Italy and France? Both r good choice for a vacation or honeymoon.
happy.gif
If is winter time, u may find more to see in Paris than Nice. But if is summer time, visiting Nice n Monaco then Italy is a good idea.

Italy is also very impressive especially Venice, i feel it is the most romantic destiny in Europe. The safety of the north part of Italy is not bad. The cities like Florence and Venice r in north part. The south part of Italy is poorer thus u need pay extra cautions to ur belongs etc. However, Rome is in South n is the place shuld not be missed if visit Italy.

tintin

Hi Kiki

Nice to hear from you again. Me too, I wasn't paying attention too when she showed me the cards. Only when I collected my cards, I realised it is the 3-fold type. Are you going to bring in some wines?

I am definitely going to Paris even I can't get my timeshare. Maybe going to stay somewhere near the Disneyland. Have you been to Europe? Maybe can get some advise from you?

trihok

Hi Kiki,

will like to ge paris/france/italy..
lame.gif
hehehe...so greedy...will try to work out on that..intend to go on next year June

kiki

Tintin,
My pleasure. Have u ever been to Disneyland in Florida or LA? I bet u do. Then Euro-Disney is less to expect. I will suggest u to stay in city center instead of near Disneyland coz it is more convenient for u to travelling around. Again, driving in Paris may not be necessary n french r not careful drivers
happy.gif
There are plenty of hotels in city and different rates. If you don't want to go there and see, you may check with travel angencies in Singapore? If not drive, get a hotel near to the train (like MRT).

Am still considering if bring wines in. I think the corkage for wine is not cheap. Have u bought ur wine yet?