Anyone a ATC (Asian Travel Club) or RCI member??

wavesurfer

Just receieved a call from ATC that they wish to help us terminate our contract. Is there really such a good thing?

Anyone received such a similar call from them too?

orion_jh

Hi WaveSurfer, Me too received a call yesterday from ATC eddie, that they can help us terminate ATC membership. I didnt ask if they are charging a fee for that, as I was angry, and scolded the scum. Now I think back, its highly possible that they will charge a fee of 2~3k just to let poor victims like us off the hook. Any advice since your post was two months ago?

jennytansc

Hi james,
I think they are diggin out all our portfolio to just call us to terminate the membership.. WIll not mention anything until he meet up with u. show his sympatetic face.. chit chat with u.. then come his conning of money liao.. dun be foolish to feed them another 2k and u dun gain anything out of it..

I was one of the victim earlier & i managed to go to CASE and get it terminated at a much much lower cost. Of cos cant get back single cents lar.

jona_lim

Let me share my experience with ATC or IRN or the so called Asian Travel Club,
If I can summarized the steps the club made people paid for an expensive membership, without the intention of providing the value-for-money services they promised, these were the painful lessons I learnt:

The Master Plan of an Evil Intent

1. The Courtship - Get you to signed up (all kinds of ways as described in this tread)
2. The Regret - The club would convinced the victims to keep the membership - this usually takes place between the following day of signing up to around 3 months afterwards
3. The Long Torment -In the next few months, Victims will realized that what they have been promised during the selling is not applicable to them, as the club would explained it’s due to membership not fully paid
4. The Goody - After one or two years of painful repayment (sometimes victims halt payment or reduced their payments due to losing hope), the club will tempt them with huge discount of the total sum (10% for me), if they could pay up in full. Many people fell for this, as they wished they could access to their full membership rights (sigh)
5. The Sudden Strike - Remember the club promised that 1st year or 1st 2 years of membership will be waived?). The timing would always be perfect, just when the victims managed to fully paid the membership, a notice will come to inform them the annual fees have increased (by a large quantum). Most of victims would be furious at this point, as they clearly remembered they were told during the sales presentation that annual fee will be same throughout the years, and therefore more saving from their travel booking against years of inflation. Any argument with the club is futile, as they would "enlighten" them that everything is spelled out in the fine print of the contract they signed.
6. The Panic - Most victims would wish to terminate or sell away their membership at this point of time, as they realized they are at the club's mercy for whatever annual fees the club charged. (The club insisted they have the right not to disclose how annual fee was derived) To the astonishment of most victims, they were told they can’t terminate their membership, even if they were willing to forgo without a single cent, as it’s spell out in the same fine print (see point 5). Contrary to what they described at the point of sales, the victims would be told by the club that there was no resale value, or any interested party in the market, due to all the negative press about time share (Funny, how the club use this against the victims). So turning to help of third party agents are useless, according to the club, these agents are tricksters. Fear, and more fear.
7. The Goodbye – Two to five years after paying up, and after numerous arguments with the club about termination rights (if the victims have not gone to CASE to resolve). A friendly phone call informing the victims, that the club would be willing to terminate their membership free of charge. Why the sudden kindness? Most victims would ask, the club explained that due to all the negative press about Time share, which is hurting the club’s image (not convincing enough), the club wish to settle it once and for all. Most victims would wonder if this was really goodbye. (Both to the long suffering and also the hard-earn money). The club would pressure the victims to decide within a short time, as they were told that this window is the once in a lifetime chance to get off the boat.
8. To be Continue……

I hope someone at a more advanced stage of this whole saga, can continue the writing. It’s meant for educating more people out there, not to fall prey to this kind of Scam. I believe the only way to stop these evil doers, is to educate and root out their source of income. If anyone has legal advice against this kind of evil practice, please help.

danieltiger

if i were to receive a call from them, i made sure i screw and curse their ancestors upside down. no sense of moral and disgrace to their clan ancestors.

dankell

I got dragged into one of these before. They asked me and HB where we wish to go. Once we said South Africa and Antartica, they become passive! LOL.

If they need aggresive promoting, it means they are not good...

iteo

Hi All,

We bought the timeshare really many years ago so membership payment fully made and have used the resorts couple of times since we couldn't terminate it... At the initial stage, we had went to CASE and filed complaint on them before but CASE say they couldn't help us because we HAD signed contract with them!

Now, I just received a call from ATC that we can terminate our membership but they can only refund 80% to us. I asked when did this termination plan came about and they said its cos recently many members complain they having problem with the booking and thus they are offering this.

Luckily I still had my suspicions and decided to google this and found this thread..

I'm sick of CASE not helping us last time when we were just new into the membership.. Now it's almost 10years and I'm not sure if they will bother anymore.. We are still paying the maintenance fees but their list of resorts are pathetic and we only pay a mere difference from the public so I really query the initial list they mentioned... And what happened with this IRN?? ATC say they are different membership?! 

What should we do from here? It's been so many years ago..

dracano

Hi Irene,

I had received a call from IRN too, telling us they can terminate our contracts foc, like what you wrote in the ATC thread.

May I know for your case, are there any updates? Have you gone for the appt etc?

We are wondering what should be our next step...

Anyone reading this and have advices etc please feel free to reply or PM me.

Thanks!

reenac

I receive calls frm this IRN as well. Went down the first time, want to know what they are up to. But subsequently recieve at least 3 other calls, from a different person each time, not to follow up, but to start over again and tell me to terminate. Apparently the previous fellows have left their job..this is over a period of a few months only. Any way, tried to PM you, but could not. Mayb you can PM me?

friend91

I attended the talk at Neil Road where they offered termination with a fee or to continue paying the $670 yearly maintainence fees. I had to fork out $7500 to terminate on the spot and within 14 days, ATC would in writing ackonwledging the termination. As many years ago, I bought the upgraded package, it seemed that I now own two resort units without knowledge. Clamed that my two resort weeks would be sold in Vietnam and 60% would be refuned if the unit weeks are sold. Quite unlikely to get the money back, i felt.

It is on the spot that you must make a decision. If not they claimed the accountant would have to bill for the resort. No cooling off period also.

Also received many calls before I went down to hear them out.

dracano

Thanks for the replies, Reena and Steven! Glad to know someone is in the same boat!

Reena: Will PM you to discuss. Will enable my PM too.

Steven: Wow, and IRN even kept assuring me that we need NOT pay any money to terminate the contract! Looks like a scam for them to get more $$$ from us...

We've been receiving many calls from them too; and we just ignore them. Was getting suspicious why are they so 'keen' to 'help' us terminate.

scion

Hi Reena, Steven and Dragon,

would you able to terminate your membership?

I had 2 memberships as well, and was informed the maintenance fee applied on the year when I use the resort week. That means I do not need to pay for one of the membership annual fee.

I was also offered to cancel my memberships for a 'small' fees with possible return of 60% when someone else (another poor chap in Vietnam) takes up the membership.

iteo

Help needed anyone!!

Have been getting calls from IRN/ATC on their termination option for members. Made appt but didn't go due to travel schedule. Now keep calling and finally I answered and told them can't go. So the lady sort of changed her tone to say then they have no choice have to bill us maintenance fees?!? Sounds to me like threatening me! I told her I'll just go to CASE then since for so many years u have never sent for maintenance and now suddenly say got extra charge?!!?

Anyone encountered this and what should I do? Many many thanks in advance!!

Geoevenel

We had recently encounter this issue as well..saying that they willing to do a termination with us due to third party stole their customer profile and called their customers using their ATC name. Can terminate, but have to meet up with their legal advisor. I am thinking so means we hav to PAY money again??!! Like iteo had mentioned, ATC had not even send us any billing for maintenance fee for so many Many years too!

ChewCT

Help needed.
Receive call from ATC saying that they will terminate it for foc. Need advise on what to do. Anyone pls help.

Snakeking

Please dont go for the appt. Its just a chance for them to ensure that their information is up to date.

They are trying to juice the existing lot of customers that had signed up.

sadman2009

I never trust such organization. Paying a few thousands and you can travel a few times a year? I really don't think things can be so fantastic. Coming on these companies need money to pay for rent and their stuff monthly. And the companies are out to make money. Their are no charity organization. So I don't think you are making a good deal from them. I would rather pay for the trip that I like and the place that I want to stay with the flexibility of making changes.

Iuan

Help needed.
Receive call from ATC saying that they will terminate it for foc. Need advise on what to do. Anyone pls help.

ChewCT, I also just received call saying same thing as you & asking me to go to Cantonment to discuss more. Did you go down?

queture

Gosh, call me again after all these years just to terminate my $10,000 contract? not so simple... any further advice guys?

Iuan

Gosh, call me again after all these years just to terminate my $10,000 contract? not so simple... any further advice guys?
Queture, did Desmond from ATC called u saying that "developer is in s'pore to close inventries from IRN"?

queture

Queture, did Desmond from ATC called u saying that "developer is in s'pore to close inventries from IRN"?
Desmond? nope. it was another guy... cant remember his name. anyway, wont be free to go down and entertain them. dont trust them and dont wanna step into their trap again. they can keep the money and burn in hell.

spc

I've been contacted by ATC and saying that they are helping to do a refund of the membership that I've terminated with IRN many years back. ATC mentioned that the termination with IRN is not valid and only ATC have the right to terminate the membership. And they had asked me to go down to their office to explain in details. I agreed to meet them few days later but I dont think I will show up after seeing so many scam postings online. I tried looking for the termination letter that was executed with IRN but couldnt locate it as I've moved house and might have lost the letter. How do I deal with them if they send lawyer letters to me?

varekai8

I've been contacted by ATC and saying that they are helping to do a refund of the membership that I've terminated with IRN many years back. ATC mentioned that the termination with IRN is not valid and only ATC have the right to terminate the membership. And they had asked me to go down to their office to explain in details. I agreed to meet them few days later but I dont think I will show up after seeing so many scam postings online. I tried looking for the termination letter that was executed with IRN but couldnt locate it as I've moved house and might have lost the letter. How do I deal with them if they send lawyer letters to me?

I was contacted by Desmond today, and he told me the exact same thing. Previously another person named Frank tried to get us down also.
But today, after a long conversation with Desmond, all my questions to him were left unanswered.

He said he will only answer my questions when we go to the office to meet him.

He talked about the maintenance fee that I owed them for the past 4 years and all, so I asked him,
" If I were to go to your office to pay all outstanding maintenance fee and then terminate my membership, will that be the end of it?"

Desmond said he cannot answer me over the phone.
He keeps forcing us to make an appointment to go see him.

He says IRN is a marketing agent for ATC, so what ever IRN sold us he don't care, he is just trying to contact all the 40% of the members that have not been using their program.

His colleague, Frank, also mentioned that they can take legal action against me, is that true?

Would we get into trouble? Would appreciate any advice.

Benedetto

I just got a letter from them to pay membership for the last 5 years. This was very annoying as a few years back I got the same problem, called up some legal advice and CASE. The latter asked me to meet up ATC and if I have signed an agreement I am accountable. I evenly went up to meet them in the office and sort of negotiated and paid some money and got discharged from ATC. Suddenly two days ago I got a letter I have not paid the membership and it sums up to about S$4K +. This is absurd. I am looking for the discharge letter they gave me. I am not sure if I can report this as a scam... This is absolutely ridiculous and I wonder how can Singapore police continue to let them operate...

khod_mama

I just got a letter from them to pay membership for the last 5 years. This was very annoying as a few years back I got the same problem, called up some legal advice and CASE. The latter asked me to meet up ATC and if I have signed an agreement I am accountable. I evenly went up to meet them in the office and sort of negotiated and paid some money and got discharged from ATC. Suddenly two days ago I got a letter I have not paid the membership and it sums up to about S$4K +. This is absurd. I am looking for the discharge letter they gave me. I am not sure if I can report this as a scam... This is absolutely ridiculous and I wonder how can Singapore police continue to let them operate...
Hi, i too received the letter asking for maintenance or what fee that was due since 5 years ago. Called them up n they make appt for me to come down. I told them I had the termination letter, but they said its better for me to come to their office with the letter and asked if i had received the cashback. Nonsense, i think this is going to be another scam!

WangWang123

Hi, I also just received a letter from Global ATC Holdings to pay maintenance fee for last few years. I had lodged a complaint with Case.

I bought the timeshare from IRN many years ago. Subsequently was cheated by another agent. I heard that agent was jailed subsequently.

After that ATC and a few other agents called me a few years. Never trust them anymore.

Anyone received this letter recently from Global ATC Holdings? Wonder how is this co linked to ATC and IRN.

Tila

Hi, I also just received a letter from Global ATC Holdings to pay maintenance fee for last few years. I had lodged a complaint with Case.

I bought the timeshare from IRN many years ago. Subsequently was cheated by another agent. I heard that agent was jailed subsequently.

After that ATC and a few other agents called me a few years. Never trust them anymore.

Anyone received this letter recently from Global ATC Holdings? Wonder how is this co linked to ATC and IRN.

Tila

Hi just 2days ago i received the same letter saying i did not pay maintenance fees since 2005. I went to meet them yesterday and was asked to pay 8k. I bought this membership from IRN. I gave up my membership sometime in 2012 and also paid a admin fee of $1400. Now ATC called me saying there is no record of me cancelling my membership and also claimed that i did not pay maint fees since 2005. And if i dont pay up soon they will bring me to court.
IRN is a marketing agent of ATC.
I am a 63 yrs old woman and not sure what to do. Anyone pls advice.