Anybody know about Blum System for Kitchen or Drawers

fates

Wow I realised I am using the blum hinges after I spotted this thread and went back home to check!

How to remove the hinge? just unscrew it? Besides the hinge, I am using the blum drawers too~

jul

Hi Perrin

I didn't go to the showroom. I went to this shop in Marina Sq called Craftworks instead. They're using the Blum System as well. U might wanna check it out? Since it's in a more 'central' location
happy.gif

jul

My ID will do the Blum system for my kitchen drawers. They're charging me $32 per drawer for the anti-slam. I didn't want the hinges & other gadgets, so I didn't ask abt their prices.

jul

There's these other dividers for the drawer, that u put your pots in the big compartment, then lids in the small one. Or plate holders to be put in the drawers. But those I think are not very useful lor.

kean_meng

Hiya.

I just went down to their showroom at defu lane.
I must say I am impressed, the lady serving me (Mae) is also very friendly and informative. My only concern now is over-shooting my budget for kitchen cabinet.

Price wise, I will only know when I get my ID/Carpenter down.

Jul,
Which drawers are you referring to? You mean the whole stainless steel/wood front ones. (Set I1 or I3) I happen to have their brochure, I believe there's the model number for various drawers behind the brochure.

fates,
The cheapest range for hinges cannot be removed.

bookworm

Perrin Low (kean_meng) ,
do let me know abt the price. i mean after ur ID goes down.

what are the things u will be using from them?

kean_meng

hiya bookworm,

well, i will most prob use their removable hinges and also their drawer system for my kitchen.

but that will really depend on how much more I have to pay to implement the whole system. I was told their cheapest hinge will cost around 100% more.

Hope this helps.
for the price wise you might wanna ask jul first.

jul

Hi Perrin

So ur ID is gog with you to the Blum showroom to take a look? I tot Blum doesn't do retail, but sells to their 'partners' (various IDs & contractors that are stated in the brochure)?

kean_meng

hiya jul,

I called to make an appointment with their sales person, then i went down myself to take a look at their mini showroom.

As she has not heard of my ID firm, she suggested either I bring my ID down to their office or they will do a presentation to my ID firm. I think for them, it will be good to cast a wider net for more partners.

If anyone wanna see their 'live' product, she told me the showflat at sembawang and woodlands are using blum.

bookworm,
the so-call drawer system will compromise of the stainless steel body and also the anti-slam rollers. you can actually only buy their 'rollers' and use your own wooden drawer.

jummy

Dear all,

I read all the powerful features about the BLUM system. I wish to install them for my kitchen too. Does anyone have the contact to purchase the BLUM accessories?

Please email to me at [email protected].
Thanks!!

kean_meng

jimmy,

they dun sell it to us, only to contractors.
you can get the contractor to call them coz they need to teach the contractors how to install their products. as mentioned earlier, their number can be found in the earlier posts.

jummy

Hi kean,

Thanks for the info....But do you mean that they will sell the parts directly to my contractor if I bring my contractor to the showroom for the demonsration at Defu Lane?

I read earlier in the posts that some of the people are buying the blum accessories and install themselves.

kean_meng

Hi jimmy,

i was told they dun sell it to home owners coz the fitment require special tool which they will teach the contractor.

they will sell it to your contractor at a contractor price which they refuse to disclose to me. i feel getting their drawer system will be enough coz the hinges might be an overkill, but thats me.

jummy

Dear Perrin,

Thanks for the info. If that's the case, I will get my contractor to go down with me.

Only one more query: You mentioned special tool....you mean that my contractor got to purchase the special tool in order to fix up the blum system for me....or the tool will be loaned?

Sorry for being so lowSoo....:)

Thanks again....

** IF anyone only has the answer to my question...please feel free to comment..

kean_meng

Hiya jimmy,

no problem. i am not too sure about the nature of the special tool, it should be used for alignment for the blum drawer system if i remember correctly.

sumiko

Hi all,

After installing the blum system for kitchen/drawers, any other feedback/comments to share? And, what have u installed?

bookworm

hi all, i be using their hinges, but i am also inetersted in their accessories, anyone using their accessories? any good advice on what to get?

pinkgal

Hi everyone, if you guys are looking for a contractor or ID who is experienced in installing Blum system, you can try calling my contractor, Richard Tan @ 97439145. He knows a sales exec at Blum and is knowledgeable about the system. If the blum system is not installed properly, it will not work well. Furthermore, his prices are reasonable and his workmanship is good.

cookies_gal

Hi bungy_jumper,

Perhaps it'd be easier for people to comment if you can give an idea of the total number of blum hinges you're looking at and the no. of drawer slides... also are the drawers 60cm or 90cm in width? Is it the blu-motion kind of drawers?

bungy_jumper

Oh no, I dun have such details at the moment. I will find out more from my ID first. All I knew was blum system for the whole kitchen.

terrapin

Hi bungy_jumper,

Yah... you should finalize on the design of your kitchen before committing to pay $500 for the blum systems.

Not only should you know the number of hinges and drawers, you should also find out from your ID whether the drawers are shallow or deep kind. Also blum drawer systems can come with powder-coated steel or stainless steel.

If the final cost of installing your kitchen with blum system goes beyond $500, your ID is likely to ask you to top up. Whereas, if the final cost is less than $500, I doubt your ID will charge you any less. So, it's best to know exactly what your ID is giving you first.

bookworm

Hi ,
anyone who has contact of capenter who is experience in using blum. Have got the designs of the house already, just need a carpenter to materialize the design. For kitchen only

meowie

bookworm,
i kept Lynn's contact with me, i'll post her mail here:
Here's the contact. You guys can also pay a visit to their office to see the showroom on blum kitchen.

Mr Tui or Mr Jimmy
Blk 3016 Bedok North Ave 4
Eastech #08-07
Singapore 489947

Tel: 64451886, 64456637

meowie

Oh i did use blum for my hinges too. Jus ask my carpenter to do it for me. If you have your own carpenter, he can purchase all the items for you.

meowie

bookworm,
is it because of the pronounce of the words that's why they dun understand? Maybe can try to spell it to them then they may know leh? Or the contractors you find are all "uncles"?

have you found your contractor yet?

meowie

bookworm, my carpenter's work not that bad. At least its modern. There's one i try, his work is is somehow still old fashion to me. Its not a ID firm they still have a company's name, you can provide your design to him too. If you really want to see his work, you can come take a look.

dur30cat

Hi,
Would anyone here who have installed the Blum system be able to provide some indicative unit costs for the items like the drawer unit or the hinges? I intend to have them installed and thought it might be better if I could have a rough quote worked out instead.

thanks

mage

Can I ask what is the blum system? Is it those rollers u install to those big kitchen cabinet drawers? If so, can i find out if anyone knows the unit costs of 1 set of rollers? Mine is spoilt and i need to replace it. Thanks!

liana

the runners are abt $80 per pair and you can get it at Great World City, 2nd floor, OM Interiors. Walk right into OM and you will come across this area that does Kitchen design. They sell the blum runners there.

dur30cat

My contractor just installed the sliding drawers using Blum for those in the kitchen. Looks great and hubby loves the anti-slam feature. (Especially since those drawers are way bigger.)

If you can afford, should consider to use them.