Any1 having 2 EG on your AD?

rasa

hey, Ling.

I wore 2 EG and I also had only 35 tables during my wedding in Jan 2007. Possible to do it, but you must be prepared to not eat the food
happy.gif

I only ate the 1st dish, plus e 2nd course of soup. But then coz I wanted different looks for different outfits, I had to sacrifice the food lah. I was very happy with all the outfits in the end. You can see it here.

542371.jpg

542372.jpg

My photographer was brillant. He managed to work out this schedule where I got photos of every table, and still ahead of the schedule. My makeup artist also worked super fast, I had a seat for him at one of the tables, so he did different hairstyles and makeup for each of my outfits (4 outfits & all diff shoes in total; kua, WG, purple EG, mermaid EG). It also helped that I changed in this room next to my banquet room, no need to take lift or go hotel room.

Coz originally my 2nd EG is meant for the send-off of guests, but in e end, I went back into the ballroom after changing coz it was too early!If you make all the arrangements beforehand, possible... dun worry.

rasa

Hi Ling. Thanks for the compliments.

You mean AD program... from morning or only wedding dinner evening? Basically my 4 changes of outfit started with pre-wedding dinner e.g solemenization before wedding dinner I wore kua, then cocktails with my guests in kua, then changed into WG for 1st march-in, then e purple EG for 2nd march-in. My mermaid EG (e last pic u see) was originally meant as a 'surprise' to send the guests off, but my costume changes were so far ahead of time that I had to go back into the ballroom. Spoiled my surprise... hee hee.

Have you designed/chosen your gowns yet?

ling1411

Heehee... Cos I wasn't so happy with the EGs provided by my BS (got 2 fm them)... So the other day I was at Ted Collections with my mum (need to design her gown for the wedding banquet)... But I ended up confirming with them my tea dress and another EG. Absolutely loved their creations lor... Din expect CS can be so nice one.. hahaha

sentosa

Then now, how? Sounds like 3 EGs for the wedding dinner...

Yah, I like CS... i even wear CS sometimes to attend other ppl's wedding dinners. The tricky one is how to get nice shoes to match CS. Are you planning to get different shoes for all the outfits?

What's the price range like at Ted Collection? My brother getting married next year, I need to help my mom look out for gowns for the wedding banquet. Thanks to advise.

~otherwise known as rasa

ling1411

Hi Rasa,
I also dun know leh... heehee... *scratch head* Maybe 2 for cocktail (cos TC req I wear their tea dress in the evening too), 1 for 2nd march-in & 1 for sending guests off..

Actually I still have doubts in me looking pretty in a CS... Cos I have small shoulders and a big butt! Furthermore, I have a ugly scar on my left arm.. Haha...

You know the funny thing is that I have no intention of making any EG with them initially. I visited them because I wanted to do a gown for my mum to wear during the banquet. But I kapo & went to try their OTR CS cos I am not convinced that I can look good in CS (as they insist)... The moment I stepped out of the changing room in their CS, my mum & fiance was wowed! So in the end, we decided to re-do my EG with them.. hahaha.. Tell you 1 more thing, they have amazing skills & creativity to make floral print fabric into stunning CS! =) heehee... I can't wait to see my gowns...

Prices at TC varies according to the amount of time given to them to complete the gown & whether there are any artworks, beadings etc... I paid about $1200 each for my tea dress and EG, for my mum's EG its about $1000. It may seem expensive but its becos my wedding is just round the corner... Furthermore, there will be alot of beadings on both our gowns... So that explains... =)

Why don't you visit them and check out their works personally with your mum? They are very friendly and not the least bit pushy.. Since you have about a year to go before your brother's AD.. Then maybe your gown will be cheaper. =) Btw, there is also a thread in this forum for TC. Check them out... Some brides actually posted their gowns there... =P

Ted Collection contact is 6227 9577. Look for Yap, Don or Rick. Btw, Yap is my designer. P.S. I am known as Alicia there...

sentosa

I think got to let your peeps know abt ur many outfits, let the hotel/ banquet ac manager know so they can arrange the timing if need be, photographer & videographer know, JMs need to know... Did you manage to get a changing room near the cocktail/banquet area?

Ai yeah, dun worry abt the big butt.... CS need to have "qian tu hou qiao" to look nice... furthermore it's covered up so better for your assets.
happy.gif

For one of my EGs, which was a mermaid cut, I wore a girdle to slim down the tummy in front and to 'tighten' the butt. It's not plastic surgery, but the butt will look tighter and taut, especially when you wear the CS over it. Got many brands of girdles available in market.

Oh my fren also has small shoulders but she did a CS which is sleeveless and cuts inwards towards the neck, so similar to halter look (if you know what I mean), that way, the shoulders look broader.

For the scar... maybe can try a big diamente bracelet? I saw one for rent/sale in one of the threads here.... I think the lady wore it on her upper arm, a bit of the "woman warrior" feeling. But maybe if you wear a slimmer one, it will look more feminine.

$1K not too much if there's a lot of beading, I was just concerned that my mom will not like the design. For me, coz I have the idea, I can easily go to any place, even a superb tailor and tell them to make, but my mom.... Do they have OTR mother-in-law kinda gowns also?

I go check out the thread... thanks for the heads up!

sentosa

Hey, ling.

I went to check the Ted Collection thread. I saw the pics, but they're of the brides themselves. To me, it's easy to make the bride look good but to do the mothers' gowns requires expertise, since the ladies in question may not be super slim, and can't wear certain designs.

Is it ok with you if you share pics of your mother's EG before I go and see TC in person? You can PM me... thanks in advance!

ling1411

Aey... I don't have any pictures of my mum's EG to show leh... Cos that day Yap only drafted the design out... I dun even think it had been made yet.. I would still suggest that you visit them.. cos they can show you on the spot the actual gowns that had been created for some of the couple's mummy... heehee... That's what they did when I went down with my mum & fiance.
Aiya, you dun worry lah... they are not pushy type.. So if you dun like what you see, just tell them straight.. they are ok one.
Actually I also have my doubts before visiting them cos it seem to me that they only cater to brides. But then I was wrong lor... Even my mum who is rather fussy with her dresses also felt that they have standard... that's why she din even bother to go home think about it.. she confirmed on the spot! Haha..
Oh! Btw, I just went down to TC again to design an morning outfit for my mum... Its going to be a surprise for her! Really can't wait to see the outfit now... So excited...

sentosa

wow! your mom will be so touched to get the outfit. So sweet of you...

I think I can only go down to TC next month, just before Xmas.... got to travel next week and very busy this month.

So your BS is not TC, it's someone else. How come you didn't want to make the mother's outfits at your BS? Hope you don't mind me asking.

See lah, if your mom is ok with showing the pic, or if u can crop the face out of the pic, PM me with the pic of the gown if it's ok.

ling1411

Oh! I'm so happy that you have decided to visit them... Tell you... you won't regret one.. It will be a pleasant experience..

Keke... Ya lor.. I think my mum will be delighted... Keke... Can't wait to see her expression lor...

TC is not my BS.. Sad thing is that I get to know them too late in my wedding preps liao... Infact even before knowing them, I already have my photos taken & selected at the BS.. Anyway, I went to TC because then I was searching for a designer to design my mum's EG. Reason why I didn't go to my BS is because I felt that their design is too standard liao.. No wow factor.. You know what I mean? Anyway, I'm glad that we made that trip down to visit them...

Erm.. I will surely post the pictures of the gowns if I have them... But now I think Yap is just getting started on it...

ling1411

I m super excited plus stressed out.. Lots of lil things to plan.. You know all the chinese custom thingy... Kind of clueless of it all! Haha.. My AD is early Jan'08. So its less than 2 mths now.. Haha...

qoo83

Mm.. I also wonder if this thread is still active?

I'm planning for 2 EG ... Need some advice..
If Piper, momo and rest are still active in this thread can kindly share yr pics and details with me at [email protected].

Thanks a million!