Any recommendations for pte Driving Instructor (auto)?

yuuri

I just passed my Final Theory test and am urgently searching for a private instructor (auto) in the west.

Someone with good track records, patient, not fierce...not too ex.

Pls don't ask me to join bbdc or any school, thanks.

bellee

hi Yuuri,

though I do not have any recommendation for you, i just wish to comment that u have made the right choice to go for private instructor. My experience with school is a bad one.

yuuri

Hi Belle,
I actually did sign up with a school once upon a time but I hated the rigid booking of lessons and was always forgetting to turn up...so they kept makaning my $$...bleurghh...

Oh well, anyone got any recommendations, pls let me know!

bellee

hi Yuuri,

bbdc booking system is unstable and is creating headache for the candidates. It certainly need to be improved. Makaning lots of my $$ too. urgh.

yuuri

Hey Blur.BB,
I found my instructor liao...think he's pretty good. If you're still looking, let me know!

email4adel

hi Blur BB

I passed my license thru just ONE test.
I tried with pte instructors be4, NO GOOD!
I think you should give it a try in Yio CHu Kang school. I got mine test thru dumpin 2 pte instructors n going to school.

its my 2 cents worth ........

yuuri

I passed my license thru ONE test. First time!
Private auto @ bbdc.

TAN KEY CHUAN

Quite patient and jovial too!

darkcherry

hi yuuri..

Congrats on passing ur tp!

btw, wat r the charges of ur instructor and does he communicate in english?

im lookin for a private instructor so hope u can help! :)

missylan

Hi all,
I was a student from SSDC(Singapore Safety Driving Centre) cos my hubby long lost the contact number of his private instructor. And do not dare to risk on other's recommendation. So I signed up at SSDC cos I lived in Seng Kang estate.

Tell you all sth, I am overall VERY satisfied with their instructors. You know why? The instructors got to give you a good impression, got to be friendly cos if you complain them, they will risk their job and their promotion. I heard this from one of the instructors. I dunno about other school cos I heard quite a number of good reviews from SSDC ex-students. I spend close to 1.7K cos I did fixed on 2 instructors and last min 5 slots revision before test date.

I passed my TP first attempt and within 5 months. Magic word: MUST HAVE CONFIDENT or LOOK CONFIDENT

Score PERFECT in the circuit is possible because on the road there are lots of idiot that might risk you having extra points!
Thumbs Up!

blueice

Hi Clarins,
if interested can try my driving instructor. Manual pte, i passed abt 2yrs back on first attempt. nice guy, very patient, speaks both chinese & english. MR FOO 96712627 (Ubi area).

blurbaby

Hi all,

Sorry for taking so long to come into the thread.. Was busy with other exam preparation and works..

Think i will try Mr Tan as introduce by Yuuri.. As i am living at West...

Thanks all..

blurbaby

Forgotten that my Final theory expires long time ago.... And i called up Mr Tan....

Think i call him up after i pass my final theory..

airex

Hi starris & all,

I can recommend my driving instructor at Ubi to u.. email me at [email protected] for his contacts. Thks!
happy.gif

apprehensive

Hi All,

I am currently learning driving at bbdc. I am looking for a pte instructor (auto) to practise on the road more often and Mr Tan wanted to charge me $40 as he considers me as someone taking a refresher course (although I do not even have my license yet)! Can someone recommend me some other gd instructors who are charging cheaper? Thanks.

dodie

hi gals

am trying to change instructor frantically who provide fetch and send svc.
my test is on 4 jun 07 and my this instructor sigh...
1) come late, return early
2) nv explain clearly and shout loudly at me
3) kept talkin on hp while i m driving and scold me if i make a mistakes...

so can u pls pm or email me at [email protected] ur instructor no if he teaches at ubi?

aradias

Hi, I'm desperately looking for a good pte instructor (auto) in the West. Its so difficult to find one, most are only teaching manual. Appreciate if any kind souls can share your instructor's details.

Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks!

angelika

I'm under Mr Tan, but he assigned another instructor to teach me since he's often busy. This other instructor is not bad though, quite patient and friendly.
happy.gif
He's called Mr Chan, I think he's under CDC one.

poket

Hi all,
May i know usually how many lessons (auto car)you take before going for the first driving test and pass on the first try.

Thanks.

satisfied_gal

Hi Poket

There is no limit of lessons before you going for the driving test.
As long as you have finish learning all the necessary things and confident of taking the exam.

engs

Hello! Does anybody know of a good private driving instructor (AUTO) in bukit batok? I just decided to switch to auto and now I’m pretty desperate cos i realised tt there seem to be hardly any auto instructors around in the west..
Alternatively has anyone learnt under Mr Tan Ser Chwee before? His passing rate is about 34%, and based on what he told me over the phone his rates are below market rates; he charges $30 enrolment and $28/hr.. no peak rates..
How about Mr Lim Boon Seng?
Hope someone can help; thanks so much!

iteo

hi all,

i am also looking for a private auto car driving instructor either north or east.. would appreciate if you could provide me contacts at [email protected]

hope to drive so can bring my kids around when hubby not in town.. now just too reliant.. =p

thanks alot!!

joistar

Hi, im looking for a good pte driving instructor in the east. wanna take test in Ubi driving centre.

those who passed on 1st attempt with least lessons please help me out as i need to get a licence ASAP! thanksssssss

iteo

hi jo,

my instructor is quite good.. very patient and fatherly.. he will not hesitate to point out your mistake but does not shout or demoralise u in any way. he's got many female learners.

but u need to correct your thinking on having least lessons though.. alot of practise is required to pass on 1st attempt.. unless of course u r really good, unlike me! slow learner.. u can email me if interested.

annedrew

Hi,

I am oso looking for a provate auto driving instructor. Taking at ssdc. Let me noe if you have any to recommend. Call Mr Tan, hes fully booked. Called Mr Liew, he oni take afternoons.
Please pm me if you have someone on mind.
Thanks!

love_cutiey

Hi Annedrew, I would recommend Mr Vincent Goh to you. He is a very good and patient instructor. His hp no is 96473600. I passed the very first time when I changed my instrcutor, Johnson Ong to him. Cheers=)

yoki26

hi engs,
from my understanding, the market rate should be $24/hr before 5pm and $26/hr after 5pm regardless of wkdays or wkends and enrolment fee is $30 one time.

im currently in the look out for any price difference but so far that the min amt being quote to me.