Any recommendations for hobs & hood?

snowpet27

hav seen mayer but not ariston brand so not sure the rest is gd anot... actually my frens recommend tekka but no time to c yet. any recommendations?

jen2

Try Bellari. We felt tt their strong suction capcity hood is reasonably priced. They oso hv v nice lifetime warranty tempered glass hob. We juz bgt from them hood, hob, sink n mixer, etc last Sat. Thinking of buying the bathroom sprayer set from them too.

bethan

I'm using Mayer's products. The after-sales was horrible. The delivery guys only called us when they reached our new place which was still under reno. When my husband rushed down, they were already gone. So there were alot of nil communication. We didn't get the invoice, and after much hassles, they told us someone signed for the goods and the invoice was given. After some wild goose chase, we found our invoice and the spare parts for the hood tucked in a corner of the kitchen cabinet. And the invoice was signed by "Guru"!!!

This will be my last time buying their hood and hob.

francisca

I learnt from an ex-sales person from Mayer that only Ariston products are worth considering. The other brand, Delizia is actually their lower-range product line. Products built under this brand always have problems within a short time. From my experience in looking for appliances for my new home, never look at just the price alone. Weigh all the hidden advantages like free-GST, free-delivery, number of years for warranty, after-sales service, etc. Never get side-tracked by free gifts, they can impair your judgement.

hello88

Hi Agnes,

Not sure about Le Germania but I was told previously that they do not have any local agents.

Hi Stress man,

There are supporters of Bellari (claimed to be made in Italy) in this forum as well as believers. Think its best u visit the shop and do your own observation.

stress_man

Hi sunnyday i heard that Bellari Hod & Hood are actually belong to those OEM stuffs meaning that there are a few brands with very similar designs for the Hod & Hood...Cuizino i heard is one of them..

francisca

Hi stress_man, at first I thought so too. But when I took a closer look, discovered that BELLARI's hoods for instance uses LED light instead of halogen light. Learnt that the latter consumes 50W of electrical power and the LED uses only 2W. Was told by their service manager when he visited my home to change my charcoal filter that the latest models have illuminated buttons. Can't really visualise but guess you should go down to Bellari to see for yourself. Cheers.

stress_man

Hi Fran i just went down to Bellari this afternoon, was told that the hood uses halogen light, only the new shipment would be using the white light, dont know whether it is called LED.

Hi JnP i think OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, i cant really explain very well, can some one helped?

bailey

hi Calista,
did u visit the Aerogaz warehouse sale @ Loyang Way? the sale ends @ 22nd Jan.
me and wifey also undecided whether to pay the deposit or not. cos seems like none of our frens had used this brand before.

hidy

Hi there

Can anyone advice if Bellari or Cuizino Hob and Hood, which one is better or recommended?

THanks

hidy

Hi there

Can anyone advice if Bellari or Cuizino Hob and Hood, which one is better or recommended?

THanks

francisca

Hi Hidy,

I learnt that the orignal hood from Bellari uses the latest LED lights instead of Halogen light. This is very energy saving and I get to see the true colour of my cooking, especially meat.

I also learnt that Bellari, Ariston and Elba all use the original SABAF burner, which is fully sealed. Cuizino and Aerogas uses the chinese-made "JIAKE" burner that will melt when used for more than 1 hour of cooking. Lift up the burner and you will see for yourself. good luck

lux

Francisca,

How is it the burner will melt only after 1 hour of cooking! What is going to happen to my stews!

I just bought a cuizino set... can anyone advise if this is true..

jgal

dun know abt burner .. just to share some information on hob/hods here..

I called cuzino dealer i.e. APS, they told me many of the hod they selling now is made in china. And for the tempered glass hob range.. they are all china-made. So I bought a non-tempered glass hob which is made in italy.. more ex.
happy.gif

As for hod, i got teka. The dealer unable to tell me where it comes frm.. but .. afterall teka is more reputable. :p

btw , rinnai is using bundling the same hod as cuizino. They got the hod frm the same oem factory :p rinnai only made hob themself. :p and fujioh only made hod..you want to find out which brands has similar hob/hod.. you can go to asia excel and they will help you understand the "situation" .
happy.gif
what that info.. hopefully you can work out the best deal for the same thing :p

stress_man

Hi JGal u mean when u buy the cuizino hod and hood from Asia Excel, we can request whether we want china or italy made?

jgal

Orh.. i call up aps which is the distributor of cuizino and check with them where each model is made frm. They told me the tempered glass is frm china so does the hod that i am looking at.
happy.gif
I also ask abt another model that eventually bought and confirmed that they are frm italy
happy.gif

As for asia excel , they will probably need to call the distributor to check for you
happy.gif

papermoon

thumbs up for Asia Excel-Ray! Slash slash slash the prices!!! hahaha! too carried away cos my hubby and i didn't expect to be able to decide on hood+hob+oven+sink+tap+heater all at his shop. He gives thorough explanation and pros n cons! Best is the price!!! Not to forget must mention eugene from ray fanclub! heh heh heh

jgal

paper.. yeah .. ray's service and prices are really good.. After sales even better
happy.gif
)
hee hee.. jess.. at imm #03-15B ... hee hee
happy.gif

bearlyn

Hi Papermoon, can share the models and price with me? Planning to go down to the Asia Excel.. If prices are ok, will also wanna settle eveything soon =) gotta rush for the reno that start 2 wks later..

my email [email protected]

Thks thks!!

uno

Hi,

Anyone uses UNO brand cooker hob? Is under Technogas brand.......

For your advise please.

twinnie07

I just bot elica hob and hood from SSC. Think my hob and hood is made from italy. Cos the label is big enuf for eveyone to c. haha but i wouldnt know if it is REALLY from italy. crossing my fingers.

401452.jpg

westcoaster

I have just had a unpleasant experience with Mayer. Bought a set of hood, hob and oven. Turned out there is a big dent on the hood. My wife didn't see it during delivery, because it was all wrapped with plastic. A week later, when the contractor unwrapped it for installation, he noticed and informed us. We called the customer service, and a Mayer person came down, took some pictures.

The unpleasant part started from there. The guy who came down say most likely there will be no exchange because they are not responsible. And they never propose anything to rectify our problem! Expected us to just live with the big "kemek". We insisted that the hood was delivered that way, only that we couldn't see it before it was unwrapped.

After a while, the customer service lady suggested to us to bring the hood to their warehouse at Changi. They don't even bother to send anyone down to collect... that is second disappointment. With the help of our contractor, we managed to reach there.

And after being redirected more than 4 times, we finally spoke to the person in charge. The officer who inspected the hood the other day was on leave. So this guy who is in charge now says since it was decided that it's not exchangable, then it's not. Again, no sign of wanting to help. So we proposed if it's possible to repair. Reluctantly, he agreed.

Few days later, after my wife called (yes, they din bother to call and inform us), the guy said the hood is ready and it will be sent between 2-5pm. And this time, they delivered at 5.30pm. The delivery guy planned to leave the thing with us and leave without installing it for us!

Again it took some effort to plead with him to unwrap and pack for us. Now, not only the big dent is not really fixed properly (it's uglier now), there are now two more dents!!!

Next day, my wife called, again the guy said,"It's not my fault. We are kind hearted enough to fix for you and now you want to blame us?"

I am really pissed and disappointed with their service. Will never buy from Mayer again. And I warn against those who wish to purchase, do check carefully every detail when they deliver.

jgal

Aiyo....

Then its better to buy from AE instead. I know they carry mayer stuff also. And Ray is always helpful to rectify problems. I think mayer dun mind offending customer, but if you go thru responsive dealers, it shld be better.
happy.gif
My taps has some problem, right away he sent someone to check for me. Also my friend's sink also have immed response.

westcoaster

Just an update

I have pursued the matter further the day after I posted in this forum (in anger mode) and sent email to the management and customer service in Mayer (sometimes there are details that are hard to be communicated through phone). The good news was, the Mayer customer service called my wife earlier the next day. The management had meeting and decided that they were willing to exchange a new hood for me and allow us to inspect thoroughly this time, of course.

I can't say I am still angry at them now. But after more than 1 month of phone calls,waiting, and traveling once to and fro between West Coast and Changi, I didn't expect my email had more effects than the rest combined. Perhaps I will consider buying again from them in future, provided the price is reasonable and I will be double-triple more careful during inspection. Good luck to the rest of you!

criz

Hi there.

Need advice as need to get the hob, hood, oven, sink by latest mid Dec. I had read thru' most of the acticles here but am still confuse and unable to decide. Can someone kindly advice me?

What we looking for are all stainless steel series. 2 burner hob, non-chimney hood, simple feature oven and single deep bowl sink.

So far quite like Rinnai hob but not really on the hood, still looking for comment on EF oven. And quite like teka sink.
Can someone give some advice/comment or recommendation.

Thanks
Criz

jgal

Criz.. you want to come over my place one day.. i tell you what i think.. very tired to type all the 'jing yin' of the neighbours here.. or you call me .. you have my no. right ?

criz

Hey, Jgal. Thanks for the invitation. How's yours foot? Me also MC at home now, so doing up some research, hubby throw everything to me to decide, so next time no finger pointing at him if products go wrong. ha..ha..

jgal

toe better liao .. thank you..

I have a 1 bowl deep sink because i did a l-shape and the kitchen so small. U can come over and see. It quite good.. cos' can put alot of things inside.. *sigh* still envy those who has double sink thro, cos' washing is alot easier
sad.gif

criz

Good to hear that your toe is better.

Well, we also planning to do L too. For me, I will not get those double sink, I got that for my previous house, my bad decision. Worst spent nearly $700 for it (the ones with a built-in bin), got alot of "scolding" from hubby. The other bowl became my "drying" storage zone.
happy.gif

So now stay put with choosing a deep single bowl.
Will contact you to arrange visiting, but nowaday abit more busy, still waiting for HDB appt.