Any Recommendation on good spa/massage in BKK?

henkitty

Hi,

I will be going to BKK this month..Anyone here have tried any good spa or massage can recommend to me? One million Thanks...

yamiyogurt

i tried marble house just behind novetel hotel...not bad
happy.gif
confirm 'clean' kind of massage,,,not sleazy.

abt 500 baht for 2 hours...traditional thai assage,,,

seiko

actually if anyone is heading 2 kanchanaburi, i got my best massage there. paiseh cant rem the hotel tho. my frd n i booked thru the hotel receptionist.... so we had the massage in the room which was safer 4 2 ladies. cost only 20 SIng ( per pax )for 2 hrs of massage!

loveluis

Hi,

I went to Marble House for thai massage everytime, I go to Bangkok after my friend reccomended it to me 2 years back...

I think its really good
happy.gif

alhana

You can try "King & I" at Sukhumvit (near the Sheraton Grande Hotel). Cheap, nice ambience and good.

folic

I agree with the recommendation for King and I! Just got back from BKK yesterday. They have the normal Thai massage and the Royal Thai massage. Royal Thai is 1000 baht for 2 hours. They blend it with Tui Na technique, so for those who are scared of the traditional thai massage of twisting and pulling, you might want to try this instead.

Take the BTS to Asok station. Get out from the Times Square exit. Continue walking until you pass a overhead bridge. You can then turn left at the next small lane and you will see it. In fact, while walking there, you will see the big sign 'massage and spa' on a 5 storey bldg.

after the massage, you can go have a meal at this restaurant called Cabbages and Condoms. Just continue walking down the small lane. It is on the same side of the spa, just 1-2 mins walk. The restaurant is set up to raise awareness of sex education and the profit of the restaurant goes towards bringing sex education etc to help prevent HIV/AIDs and other related illnesses. The food is quite good.

folic

snowy_stars

i frequent King & I too ... highly recommended ... clean, and professional ... i like their pyjamas so much that i bought one back ... so comfy ...
happy.gif

yamiyogurt

hey folic !! i wanted to reccomend the same thing! i love the food at cabbage & comdoms too.
happy.gif
yummy and cheap. but i didnt say it in my earlier post becos pple always think its a sleazy restaurant due to its unique name ;)

henkitty

Hi gals,

Thanks all for the precious information..
happy.gif

The food & cabbage is quite well know.. I saw a tv show introduce there B4 decoration with condonms but can't actually remember wat food they serve?? Thai? or Western??

Can I know that is it pain when doin trad thai massage??sounds scary twisting n pulling..
I nvr do B4 scare pain..

henkitty

hi folic,

U juz cum bk fr BKK..hws the weather there??

Bird flu there so I dun think I can't eat chicken when Im there liao...Chicken is my fav food..
sad.gif

folic

Hi henkitty,

the weather in BKK is HOT HOT HOT! It did rain on some days but it usually coincide with massage or when I am in the shopping center. So no big deal. I still ate some chicken despite the bird flu threat though
happy.gif

Actually, if the masseur is good, it will not be painful. Try King and I lah, less pain I think.

Cabbage and Condoms sells Thai food.

folic

min_minnie

Hi, All

Just came back from BKK. A lot of things to buy as they having sale period till end of the month. Weather hot but drizzing on some days for a while. Anyone who likes mani and pedi? should do it there. It's cheap and they do nail paint with art(pictures) for just 100 Baht. A lot of shops do mani and pedi at Siam centre/square.

slow

For massage place which even the locals go to, try LEK opposite Novotel at Siam Square. We chose this place because we saw quite a number of Thai locals go in there.

Paid 200baht for 1 hour foot massage - the body massage is also 200baht. But the listed price showed 300baht - maybe it is because we tipped the massage ladies 100baht each.
happy.gif

henkitty

Wow Cheap Cheap must do both mani N pedi liao...
bounce.gif

Bad news: Ducks are also affected birdflu in Thailand
sad.gif

Therefore food range very limited liao...
sad.gif

henkitty

Hi All,

Anyone can help??
I want to make some calls back to s'pore frm there..If I buy card frm here or using IDD wll b quite ex..
Have anyone here buy any international calling card frm BKK B4??

For those who are interested to have their wedding and evening gowns, tea dress and men's suit tailored in Bangkok, may call me at at 091703393 (my Bangkok HP number) between 17-21 July 2004. A special package for overseas photography in Thailand will be out shortly. The package will include, gowns, men's suit, photography and also one of the top stylist and make-up artist from Thailand will be with you throughout the photography session. Spa will also be included in the package.

postpet2

anyone knows when the next bangkok sale will be ah?

i think there is one going on now till end of this month.

will there be a similar one?

henkitty

Hi Everyone out here,

Have some questions here...
For thoses who have book BKK holiday thru travel agency b4...they usually come with the half day city tour..end of d tour usually the tour guide will ask for hw much tips??if not, hw much will u all gv as a token..??

Ur feedback will be appreciated...
happy.gif

miffy78

I always go to Lek Massage which is opposite Novotel. Although, it doesn't looks very modern as those around it, the therapists are more experience. A lot of locals go there too. Always left as a satisfied customer.

bailey

anyone planning to spend Valentine's Day 2006 in BKK ? Me and GF will be flying on Tiger Airways on the 11thFeb, looking forward to see if there is any fellow travellers on the same date.

sakurasan

Hi Melodie

Try the HealthLand Spa - it's very good. You must make an appointment the minute you arrive coz they're packed! It's near the BTS Surasak Station.

BTS Surasak station

Healthland Spa and Massage, North Sathorn Road, Bangkok. tel: (02) 637- 8883. Located near the

BTS Surasak skytrain station, in a teak house. It’s on the same side of the street as the Dao Vien Vietnamese Restaurant, and opposite from the Bank of Asia. Healthland offers a two hour Thai massage, a Thai Herbal Compress, and Japanese Tourmaline Sauna. Open from 9 am – midnight.

bailey

Hi Melodie & CC2,
hope u guys hv a nice trip.
where r u guys staying?
me booked for Regency Silom. so hope to try out "Marble Hse" after reading the recommendations.

Are u guys going for any spa packages?

cc2

u too! I'm staying in Parthuwan Princess. I had went to healthland during my precious trip to BKK in sept. It was good and the place is really packed and crowded. Will go back to healthland again.

melodie

sakurasan, tks for the rec... do u noe which spa has couple packages?

beetle bailey, when r u going? where's regency silom? I want to go fo a spa pkg for couples and do mani/pedi! Might be staying in novotel siam sq...

bailey

Hi Melodie,
Regent Silom is v near to Salang Daeng BTS station. er..not sure exactly where cos it's my 1st time to BKK. me not v shopping traveller.

my travel date is from 11th Feb - 15thFeb, taking Tiger Airways.

me not sure where got spa packages for couples.
BKK should be q conversative right? so couples can hv their massage in the same room meh ?
i think it's q hard to find leh.
maybe to share the same jacuzzi also q difficult.

bailey

Hi guys,
Thanks for the recommendations and the efforts to contribute.(even contribute alittle info is better than those who just open their mouth to ask without making any efforts to read up previous postings)

Tried out King & I massage on a hot afternoon, looking for a place to chill and stay out from the heat. Upon entering, the aircon and the classy looking reception area already assured us that we hv made the right choice.

Charges wise, it's a bit more ex than those massage places near where we stayed (silom). Of cos, "yi fen qian, yi fen huo" lah.

The massage is indeed quite good. My wife tried the body massage & if she says it's good, then it's good. (She's some kind of self-proclaimed expert on massages)

I tried only the foot massage, which seems kinda painful 'cos they are using some kind stick to poke and press on certain parts of your sole. ouchie. not my kind of tea. minus points liao.

another minus points is that the masseurs we kena from the Land of Smiles doesn't seems to be able to muster half smile for the whole of 60mins.
maybe its our luck, cos after I meet up wif my wife @ the reception counter to pay up for the services, she also got the same complaint abt her masseur hving this black face during the whole time.

call us we stingy if u like..u see this kind of face already sianz half liao, still expect to pay tips meh? wait long long.

We hv left tips at other establishments we tried out, even though their services might only be avg, but it's their smiles to make sure feel at ease and breaking the ice without speaking a word of thai.(we can't speak thai btw)

King & I is more like the masseurs there are macham like Kings, and I hv to tahan their "chow" (smelly)faces for the whole period.
I think they hv become a victim of their own success, after all the exposure they are getting from travel publications and the internet forums.

to each his own....

vey

hi bailey,
u stayed at regent silom serviced apts??
how u find the place? Is place noisy cos near the night market? Bathroom clean?
i tot of booking this place for my next trip.
hope 2 hear fm u soon.

cheers,
vey

zoeanne27

Hi

I m just back from Bkk last thurs. Everytime we went for massage, we went to LEK ( behind novetel) The place is not as High class as " King and I" , but its clean and cosy.

The massage is very good too.. I always did the aroma oil massage. Cost is about $400 per hour.. we manage to bargain to $350baht...

feifei

hi zoeanne,

This LEK is behind Novotel? its a building by itself? Me goign bkk tmr liao so need to find a good palce for massage...

bailey

hi Vey, sorry for the late reply cos i juz got back from phuket. another of our fave spots in the Land of Smiles. i recv ur pte msg also but i think its better that i share my opinion here so that other pple can read as well. hope my reply will be able to reach u in time b4 u make the decision abt ur hotel room booking.

Hv u search the internet for the regent silcom website? i hv kinda lost the link.

anyway, the hotel is pretty hidden from the main street but its not ulu by any standards. its v v close to the salang Deang BTS station. its almost like next to it only(abt 3mins walk). so if u dun intend to take cab to most of the places u wan to visit and mind a lot getting stuck in the infamous bangkok traffic jams then better choose a place that is near to the BTS. thats 1 of the big pull factors when we choose regent silom besides the reasonable price that fits our budget,of cos.

it's situated in between the red lights districts of Patong and the stretch of gay clubs. so if u dun mind the not so classy surroundings. but no worries, its not like geylang where street walkers are hanging out almost everywhere. but still hv to hold on tight to ur hubby or BF. hehe! joking lah.

there is no swimming pool. so keep ur suntan or sunblock lotion @ home. The bfast is v v forgettable. almost close to nothing to eat at all,unless u r a crazed fan of 2 slices of toast with coffee only.

the room is pretty okie only so expect like backpackers' standards. Aircon, color tv, hot water, NO room safe, NO mini-bar, NO bathtub, juz attached shower and toilet(clean one..no worries).If i rem correctly, there is NO closet or wardrope as well. but chin cai lah, stay a few days only, so juz anyhow throw ur clothes lor. daily make-up room from the hsekeeping, clean bed, pretty quiet for a good nite's sleep after a long day of shopping,walking and eating.
(there is no windows in our room as well so the morning sun rays wont trespass and disturb our beauty rest)

the nite market starts ard after 6pm, so after the shopping centres r closed, not scare nothing to jalan jalan & C C, and its v close to ur hotel also. there r some food stalls setup as well, so if ur stomach can street food, u r in for a treat esp when u get hungry for supper in the middle of the nite.we tried the chicken rice and the beef stomach soup. smells heavenly and the aroma fills our little hotel room v quickly.

if u r prefer rest style food, there is a nooch kind of place that is v near the hotel. u will see it on ur way out to the BTS. a good variety of noodles in diff styles and reasonable price.

a roti boy outlet is juz opp the main road from the hotel,so if u miss the coffee-flavored buttered buns, can join in the Q.

there also a Boots pharamcy nearby for u to pickup some personal care items not commonly found in spore. there is also a massage shop which seems to be pretty popular with tourists along that stretch of shops. sorry..forgot the name liao but u can give it a try to soothe ur aching feet.

overall, if u r not a picky person looking for a no-frills and clean hotel room nearby the BTS. regent silom is a good choice.
do u hv any other good suggestions for hotels nearby BTS station and @ reasonable price, dun forget to inform me.

vey

hi bailey,

thanks for your effort to write all the details, u hv been very helpful.

my trip is in december and wd like to book accomodation in advance. i hv nt stayed in backpackers'place b4 but willing 2 try as location n price's right. i'm not too fussy as long the place has clean bathroom & toilet. Stayed at novotel siam sq 2yrs ago but is getting a little pricey so looking out for alternatives. i like regent silom being BTSable & MRTable at Sala Daeng (according 2 an old bkk city map i hv on hand). PLUS all the plus points u hv listed, am seriously considering this place but need 2 consult my hubby...who loves hotel full spread breakfast.

Thanks again. Will share wif u & rest shld i hv other findings on gd & cheap hotels.

mystic2451

Hi to all...
Sorry for being 'sea-turtle' here. May I know if I need to remove all clothings when doing traditional thai massage? As my aches and pains mostly come from my neck and shoulder, is there such a massage that only focus on these areas? Hope kind souls out here will advise... arigato gozaimasu
happy.gif

white_dove

Anyone know how I can book King & I spa. Do they have a official website I can visit. I can't find on the internet.

Thanks

puppylove888

I recommend lets relax spa ,good environment and service
if u want cheaper option can go to lavana spa at suk soi 12, open by singaporean

uk_fung

Try many differen message place in BKK.. Body Tune is the best.. not the cheapest.. mid range only.. not high end type but v good environment and skill. check online for their website. They can also do booking online in advance.. They are popular :p

syndeeng

Hi Ladies

You can try the spa on silom rd, mulberry spa (not sure if its still there). pricey ($100-200+) but you can really feel the great difference. The best massage I've ever had! After the 2 hours retreat, you wil literally be floating.Healthland spa is not too bad but i still prefer mulberry spa. Try it!
Any good place for spa/massage in Singapore? I've had a traumatising experience with Aromatic House at Kensington park (serangoon Gardens). Pls.. DO NOT GO THERE. I'm so afraid to go there after I sign up my package! They are extremely pushy for you to purchase new packages even when i've only use 2x out of 10-15times of my package! The receptionist, a plump lady is really rude. when you didn't sign up for a new package after every massage session, she will give you the displease look and they cheated me of a head/shoulder/neck massage which was suppose to be an hour, the plump recept says its for half an hour! goodness! I've been trying to finish the package but Im too scared to go there on my own so last wk, my bf and I were suppose to go but due to last min. work commitment, he canot make it. For the 1st time, I called to cancel. Judy (not the plump lady) picked up the phone and when i told her i need to cancel appointment for the evening, she told me there is a cancellation charge. I was suprised and puzzled. My package is valid for 2 yrs (as the sales lady at that time threw in quite a no. of FOC scrubs and massages for me) so throughout these 2yrs, I've never cancelled my appointment before. Judy insisted that I know about the cancellation fee, which i definitely do not know and was not told when i sign up for the package and she keep insisting that I know since Ive been with them for so long. She later pass the phone to the plump lady who is very rude as usual who insisted that I know. I told her i do not and I'm really angry about it. So i ask her if she is going to forfeit my 2 massages for that nite which i booked for. The Plump recept say "ok bye" and hung up! Judy called me later and i told her off as well la. I know i shouldn't do that but i pay $1000+++ for the massage package and this is the kinda attitude i get! A spa / massage is for me to relax, not to go there and get attitude treatment from the staff so much so that I dare not go alone and trying my best to finish the package. So when Judy called me again after speaking to the plump lady, I was really angry and pointed out to her that she called me at my office 2weeks ago and when i return call (as i was in a meeting), she insisted she did not call me. What i wanted to point out is their poor service. I can hear the plump lady at the back asking her to hang up and while I'm still talking. Judy said "bye" and hung up.
Frankly, I don't find myself unreasonable. She spoke to me rudely, so i spoke back rudely too. Previously when she cheated me of my massages by half an hour, i let the matter go since its a FOC item which they threw in and wanted so much for me to sign the package. Things got worse after the plump lady took over at the recept counter. she is not the boss but behaves like one. she is the actual reason why i stop going Aromatic HOuse. Really rude services now. Some of their equipment are alrady not working properly and they have to bang and hit the plug for it to work when u r already in the room naked.

Sorry about venting my frustration above but I really need an alternative to go to. Please recommend. Thanks!

sing_ng I totally sympathize with your experience there at the Aromatic house in Serangoon Gardens. The dragon lady you refer to is the manager and she's aweful. My wife had a spa session that they made a mess of. I stopped by to complaint and they didn't care.

I would strongly encourage you to register your complaint with the tourist promotion board at Tourist Complaints Hotline: 1800-736 3366
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5.30 pm

I've done the same and one more complaint and they will be blacklisted by STPB. I've also disputed the charge with the CC company. Its the last time I visit them.

mochi

I've a package with aromatic house too .. their attitude sucks!!

looking for gers with a package there.. hopefully we can go together and complete our package there!

fetus

There is a very nice spa up the street from the Ambassador: Ananda Spa. You should be able to google it. For a lower to mid-range priced spa, Raintree on Soi 11 (west side, near the Rosabieng Restaurant) is OK also. Both of these offer packages, both are also legit spas. Best to book at least a few hours in advance. I've heard good things about Urban Retreat also, but haven't tried it personally yet.

The commercial massage services at the Airport are overpriced and quality of staff not consistent, so best to have a real spa experience in town.

There is this massage shop just opp Bangkok Palace Hotel. You can walk back to Baiyoke Sky (10mins). It is clean, decent with individual rooms side by side, separated by curtain which u can request to open.

It's a nicely renovated place. 2hrs full body massage 600 baht.