Any Recommendation for Printers?

neuc

Hi there, does anyone have any recommendation for printers?

Usually what is the market rate like?

minssy

hi rene,

try isuccess at bras basah level 3.
DL postcard, post card, inserts are under $1.00 with 2 sides color. quite good rate.

othes are:
Axxa Design & Print Pte Ltd
605A MacPherson Road #05-01
Singapore 368240
Tel: 6282 9269 Fax: 6282 9035
www.axxa.com.sg

Kentrich Trade Press
Blk 3 Pasir Panjang Rd
#10-33 alexandra distripark
tel 62734648 for Helen

Achieve Design & Print
Emmy / 9853 2112

minssy

hi rene & airlee,

i saw i success. they used digital printing. if your pictures are of high res, then no prob.

for the other 2, the contact was given to me by a fellow yc bride called mehmeh. the prices are definitely affordable else she will not recommend. i think they are cheaper than i success. i had seen the card's picture and its wonderful! give them a call lah..

airlee

hi minssey, thanks for the info, do they have 'off the rack' designs or can i design my own card? i don't want to feel restricted by their items but sometimes it is very difficult to find something ideal to my liking. have seen a couple of shops, the nice ones are very expensive like $4.50 and the rest are quite ching chong.
sad.gif

minssy

hi airlee,

u r able to design your own if you have something in mind.. else you can tell the pple there and they will show you the artwork. no worries.
happy.gif

airlee

hi minssy, i see. have you been to dreamweavers at millenia walk or this shop in delfi orchard? they have some really pretty cards but all like $3-4.50, and without printing of my names somemore
sad.gif
Hope I can find some printer who can so something nice for me.
happy.gif

minssy

hi airlee,

i went to the one at millenia walk. gorgeous stuff but i am nuts if i buy anything there! hahahha!

btw, if you not asking for sky high stuff, i am sure you can find printers that u like.

ultratiga

Hi Rene,
I juz send my cards for printing, they quote me around a $100 for 350 inserts. So far the cheapest that i can find.

ultratiga

Hi Cheryl and Verie,

My printer is actually recommended to me by a colleague. I went down to their workshop which is located near Paya Lebar.

As for the size of the inserts, u can bring down a sample of ur card for them to see. The font, colour and quality of the inserts u can choose from there.

Maybe i can email the contact of the printer to u guys if u are interested?
happy.gif

pansymaniac

Hi airlee,

can recommend you the designer that I used. From Ola Designs. you can visit the website www.ola.com.sg. I was pleased with the designs and services, so i used them!

They do customized cards so you are not restricted to pick out something off the shelf.

Hi Cheryl and Verie,
Think Ola Designs does inserts at a really good rate too. so can check them out as well

Hope it helps!

pansymaniac

hi airlee,

i think it is quite varied depending on your requirement. If i'm not mistaken, it can range from about $1.40-1.50 or so to about $4-5 depending on the design...but what i like about them is that i had a budget, so they helped me work out something by adjusting the materials and design such that I still get almost the original design but within my budget.

airlee

hi jane, thanks! Ola sounds a bit like Cardblanche, very flexible and service-driven...i dare not go down to any card printers until i check out with fiance about the costs...hee hee...

pansymaniac

hi airlee,

No worries! Am pretty sure you'll be happy with them
happy.gif

That's my personal experience lah!
happy.gif

Eh tell your fiance..it's once a lifetime, he won't get to spend that $$ again! Works for me...sometimes!
happy.gif

coralfairy

Hi gals,

Can i check with you, when you mention inserts, you mean separate pierce of paper that you put into the card with silver string is it? If yes, after printing, will the printer put the inserts into the card b4 they give you or will give you the strings and you have to assemble them yourself?

Compared to actual gold printing onto the cards itself, how much is the price diff does anyone knows? Txs!!

mehmeh_lim

Hi Coral,

U're right tt inserts refer to having a seperate piece of paper & attached with a gold/silver string. U wld have to put in the inserts yourself unless u are willing to pay the printers to do so for you.

Some provide the strings, cut strings or sell the strings. Varies fr printer to printer..

Do u mean to refer actual gold printing onto the cards as hotstamping? Tt's def more exp than inserts. By far the cheapest rate for inserts are by Hi-Tech..

Price difference again varies from printer to printer & the quantity to be printed, better to give them a ring

minssy

hi kym,

u liased with steven i guess... i heard they sell quite a lot of stuff also.. are these in his shop?

btw, mind telling how much u spent on your cards?

jam75

Hi Kym,
I'm oso intersted to know how much...did u have a direct print on your card itself?? think save time but heard more ex rite??

mehmeh_lim

Hi Jam,

I printed with Kentrich (mentioned at the top of this page) & it cost me $75 to print my 245 cards. The ink was done in burgundy.

Are u however referring to hot-stamping? Usually done for dark coloured cards and the 'ink' is in glossy gold?

kimmies

Hi, mine was S$85 for 190 cards, and it is not hot-stamping. Mine is just printed in matt gold ink on the paper. But, I also paid him more to tie golden string for me so I don't have to do it myself
happy.gif
All in all, it's just above 100. I didn't really noticed other things in his shop leh...

Jam, hot-stamping is more expensive. For me, I don't really see any point, so I just go for the cheapest. I laised with Stephen.
happy.gif

minssy

hi kym,

oh ok.. thanx.. cos when i called sometime ago, he told me to drop by so that i can see the ang baos also.. and his website has alot of stuff also..

jesusangel

Hi All

Anyone can recommend a good printer/card designer at low cost? I need to print around 70 cards as mine will be just a wedding reception. I tried to get quotations from Ola Design but it's quite ex. She quoted $4-$5 per card.

Thanks for your help.
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

Hi Jesus Angel,

With the low no. of cards needed, i think it would cost there about.. U can try Axxa Design as mentioned at the beginning of the thread & get them to give you a quotation.

Not considering DIY? If you're inviting frens, an e-card is still rather novel & interesting. It's prob the older folks who require hard-copies

jam75

meh meh,
I hv also shorlisted Kentrich...tink they charges quite cheap..actually i don't mean hot stamping..wat i mean is direct priniting on the card itself with normal printing will do...tink dis way save $$ and time to buy ribbon and tie on the card...not too sure direct printing will be cheaper?? for your price is any cute icons included??

jam75

hi deremi,
i hv kentrich address but not sure they got webby..
KENTRICH TRADE PRESS
BLK 3 PASIR PANJANG RD
#10-33 ALEXANDRA DISTRIPARK
TEL : 62734648

mehmeh_lim

Hi Jam,

Oh then ur idea's the same as mine, coz I def didn't want to do inserts & hotstamping is ridiculous. More often than not the card serves only the purpose of informing.. I believe it is cheaper than inserts. U wld need to pay for inserts & some printers the strings as well

I didn't have any cute icons, becoz the cover is quite cute oredi..

stupeed

more than just for informing, it is quite the "wow' when you open the envelope and take out a card that's truly breathtaking... :p

yvo

Hi everyone,

Any recommendations for printing of guests name only(cards & inserts will be complimentary) on the wedding invitation cards?

minssy

hi yvonne,

what? you are going to use a printer to print customized guests' name? u might as well use MS WORD and align yourself..

stupeed

hi yvonne, think it will be rather ex for the service of printing the guests names on the card...doncha think? writing is more personal ;P

gingerschnapps

i mean... other than bras basah paper shops, anyone tried sourcing for Antalis(ex Shriro)paper(yoohoo...any graphic designers out there?)

how much did the person quote you?

stupeed

hi ginger, i thought mellotex is a white paper not translucent? is antalis a paper supplier? i think if you buy from them, you have to buy in bulk like 500 pieces of paper, the big sheet type...then you have to cut yourself as well...don't think the printers will use the paper you buy yourself to print.
happy.gif

ultratiga

Hi Cottoncandy,
I have already mail you the contacts for the printer. U can call and tell them roughly what you want and they can give you a rough quote.
I printed 350 copies of inserts for abt $100, and they gave me extra 30 plus copies without extra charges.