Any Pet Grooming service to recomend..

von

hi...

I am a new pet owner (Jack Russell), he fur is getting long & he is shedding abit... (I hope it not becoz I gave him bread). Iwill like to get him to go for grooming service to shave him abit.. do u have any grooming service to recommend that provide transport & what is the price... I saw paper on this pet shop call PauPet.. any comments on their grooming service ?

cody

dia, my pet groomer comes to my house. after he finishes, he will clear up. interested?
His name is Kelvin Koh, mobile 9730 0296.
Tell him cody recommended.

cody

it depends on the size of the dog.

I pay $50 for a medium size dog (22kg) , he will trim my dog's fur, clean the eyes & ears, trim nails, shave paw pets & squeeze the anal sac.

suggest that you call Kelvin to ask him for a quotation.

von

hi cody..
i called kelvin, he a nice guy... v helpful, but told me tt the charge is $60. Does he actually teach u how to handle yr dog too ?

hi mandy,
hows is feng charges & does she advise the way to handle yr breed too ?

cody

erm, my dog is quite obedient so he didn't really teach me how to handle him, but he DOES tell me how to clean my dog's ears in between the grooming sessions.

relaxfun

dia

Jack russells are very jumpy wan...i've seen groomers dealing with them.
Basically Feng will bring her own collar tie my dog to secure her on the table so that my dog doesnt walk ard. Same for bathing and blow drying.

relaxfun

dia

you may also wana try furs and away salon at sembawang road. Alex is the groomer there, he is very gentle to my maltese. In fact, i have nv heard him scolding my dog before! And my dog loves seeing him too! His chrgs are similar to Feng's, you may call the shop at 68537549

von

hi Magdalene,

thanks for the info, fern's charge is reasonable consider tt she come to our place to fix the doggie.. i will chk with her for more details

for the alex one.. i have to bring my dog there right ? abit difficult for me as I have long working hrs...

thanks alot!!

relaxfun

dia

Alex's they have FOC transportation.
happy.gif

mandysst

hi,

feng charges is as per describe and she is also very nice and paitent. check her out

whenever i have any questions, i will call her and she will help me out. very helpful
happy.gif

baibies

hi all, to give some feedback. I had tried paupet before... although the price is very cheap but I am not very satisfied with the result.

As for feng, I reali have to thank you ppl for recommending her. Jus tried her service last wk, my husb and I were very impress. she's reali very patient with the gals. and the end result was very good. Thumbs up for her!

relaxfun

Mary

Feng is real good yeah?! I was also very impress with her gentleness and caring
happy.gif
i even hear her kept talking to my dog when they are in the shower hahaha she's a real pet lover!! I booked her for full grooming next friday for my dog, first time using her full grooming service actually but i am sure it will turn out great!
happy.gif

baibies

**nod nod** ya.. she keep toking to them and comforting them when she pucks the hair in their ears.. reali is the most patient groomer i ever met!

matka

Hi girls

I'm a new dog owner so I was just wondering if you girls know about the hygiene methods used by the groomers. Do the groomers usually overlay their table with maybe a plastic sheet for each dog and clean their equipment (combs, clippers, etc)?

The reason why I'm asking is because I've had an experience where my puppy had gotten scabies and he probably got it at the pet shop. When I thought about it, I realised that he was placed on the same grooming table (without a covering) that other dogs would probably have been placed on too - perhaps this is one of the places he caught the mites.

I suppose to minimise risk of the dog catching anything, it's better for the groomer to come over to our home. But what do we have to prepare for the groomer then? Or will they bring everything? How about the table that they work on?

Thanks!

cloudy

Hi all,

Any dog accomondation for a few nights as I will be away on vacation.

Kindly leave the conatct here. Prefer someone fetch and deliver back.

Thanks

baibies

Hi Matka, so far I haven see any groomers laying their table with plastic sheet or clean their equipment after each grooming session. Except Feng, she does clean her equipment after grooming my 2 gals. I understand ur fear, my gals once had ticks after coming back from grooming.
sad.gif

for home grooming, the groomer will bring their own table and equipment. Some home groomer will use their own shampoo some will use the one u provide. depends on individual. But I noe that there is a groomer who doesnt bath the dog, he jus come and cut their furs. Mayb u have to check with them 1st.

baibies

Hi cloudy, had nv put my gals in a hotel b4, but mayb u can chk out www.hotdogs.com.sg or Paws & Furs.I tink most pet shop do provide the service. If u wan to have to fetch and send serv I tink it wont be cheap leh.. Do u have frens or relatives that can take care of ur dog for the time being? Its better than leaving them in the hotel.

matka

Hi May

Thanks! Am a little afraid of sending my pup to the groomers unless i'm absolutely sure they're alright. My pup is still recovering from his condition so we still haven't brought him for grooming yet. Poor little thing so itchy.

moulinrouge

Hi Matka,

My westie also got scabes after his last grooming.
I went to the vet, thinking that he got sensitive skin and I just switched shampoo. But even after i have stablised his diet and shampoo, he still get scabes. I'm not sure wat to do now, except let it dry and drop off by itself.

The tot came to my mind that the last groomer that I sent him to, gave him the scabes. Now I knoe that someone else have the same problem as me.

I need to groom my westie soon, as he is sooo unruly now. But his scabes has not healed yet.

Shld I try the Feng Lady that the other girls here rec?

jamiebby

Hi all,

I have three shih-tzu. My groomer is not bad. She charges $35(small dog),45 (m dog),55(L dog) for full grooming. Includes transport. She is a dog lover herself so quite kind to my dog. Most of my colleague and relatives send their dogs to her.
hp: 93362615 Gene(Dial- a-groomer)

kibi

Hi gals,

My 2 gals, cocker spaniel, juz had their full grooming done by Feng yesterday....

She's good....before she started the grooming, she will get to know more about ur dog. She's gentle to them also....u get to see the whole process of the grooming session.....i will definetly get her again for the next grooming session...

relaxfun

Des

Feng even played with Mango after her groom while my hubby and me playing Mahjong in the room with friends hahahha :p

kibi

wow, mag, u dumped Mango to Feng...keekee...

She will interact n get to knw more of your dog before she starts which I find that is good....

relaxfun

i find that she LOVES to talk to dogs leh! very funny lor
happy.gif
but thats one thing that i feel feng is a real dog lover!
happy.gif
I am 100% fang xin letting Mango under her care mah hehehe

relaxfun

des

hahahah actually me tooo lor... i like to talk to Mango too, so when i saw my hubby not talking to her while grooming her, i feel very strange lor... and when she did something wrong, he just beat her backside without telling her anything.. i feel that its just not rite...

baibies

Mag,des

me oso feel the same way. Now I actually had a package with feng, she comes every wk to bath my dogs (cos me preg, cannot diy). even when my appt is quite late 7:30pm she still takes her time to bath for them. no rushing at all. reali as mag says 100% fang xin.

kibi

may, ooo....so she goes to ur hse every week, will tat be too 'siong'?? Ur hubby din help w/ the bathing?

Even my hubby gave her thumbs up oso cos she will at least take time to get to know abt ur dog before starting the session...

relaxfun

i've seen her service chart on her website... i think next time i choose the without bathing session $10 less hehehe
happy.gif

ahkok

Hi May

Does tis Feng only do hse calls..we cant bring to her place?..can i hav her contact pls

Regards

kibi

Hi Christopher,

You can call Feng at 9169 0533 though not so sure whether u can bring ur dog to her plc?

relaxfun

Christopher Tan

I think she does allow pets to groom at her own place
happy.gif
heard her stories b4 abt pets going to her place drinking up her dogs' full bowl of water hehehe...

baibies

:-D des, used to it liao.. as long as he sets aside some time everyday for family I am contented. I oso dun wan him to spend all his other free time doing hsework... He oso gets to spend time wif our 2 gals. whenever he works he will carry one of them on his lap... :p

kibi

may, agree...so long as he sets aside sometime for the family.....so sweet of him to carry one of them on his lap while working.....they dun struggle to get off? mine will struggle to jump down after less than 5 minutes...
sad.gif

baibies

des, no leh.. infact they loved it!... if u put them down dey will keep trying to jump on ur lap.. very funny...

kibi

may, so sweet of them....how i wish mine would do tat......occasionally, bibi will jump on the lap but depends on her mood.....heehee....

sonicga

Hi all,

I do have a dog too..If you gals need any in-house groomer, do pte msg me..I personally found him very good..;)I dun earn commission from him..Just like to share with dog owner only..

Rgds
AnQi