Any March In Songs 2 Recommend???

laluna

Couple of suggestions:

1. Fly me to the moon (by Nat King Cole/various artists)

2. Unforgettable (by Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole)

3. Reflections of Passion (by Yanni)note*instrumental

flowee

laluna

personal i like fly me to the moon alot but felt tat its 2 jazzy...
nt suitable 4 walk in...

will check out the other 2 pcs u had recommended
tks so muz 4 ur advise...
happy.gif

mint

Hi flowee,
Long time no chat... Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Must be very excited now... enjoy your big day!!!
happy.gif

seiko

Hi Flowee
happy.gif

i used 2 Jazz Pieces for my 2 march ins...

1) Dream A Lil Dream
2) It had 2 b u ( the big band version 2 create impact )

personally, i think fly me to the moon is really nice, but may be abit too slow for march in?
How bt the other frank Sinatra song, Come Fly With Me ? ( think thats the title )

BEst Wishes on yr up-coming wedding Flowee !
happy.gif

naturally

Hello flowee!
happy.gif

How abt "If a Picture Paints a Thousand Words" by David Gates? Think the proper title is just "If"... i thot it was ultra romantic, i just feel like melting everytime i hear it...
biggrin.gif

And a few more jazzy songs u can consider:
1. I love u for sentimental reasons
2. Let there be love (the lyrics are cute)

Are u looking for champagne-pouring and first dish presentation songs? I like "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg, very soothing... while "Quando Quando Quando" by Engelbert Humperdinck will make a lively kickoff...
happy.gif
Another upbeat tune u can consider is "Amor" by Laura Fygi.

After such a long time of preps, finally your big day is coming! Feel excited for u leh!
biggrin.gif

flowee

seiko

i had my 'eyes' set on fly me to the moon but agree its a bit slow 4 march in...
lookin ard 4 other opts...

naturally

tks 4 ur suggestions...
had download the songs u mentioned...
will go thru the lists of songs again...

tokin abt champagne pourin do we need 2 select another song 4 tat???
thot since the champagne thingy is straight after the 2nd march in, perhaps can use the same song as the 2nd march in???
enlighten flo pls...
happy.gif

preps had began long time back but recentli its becomin more intense coz weddin date is near... :p

ladies

i kinda of cfm the 2nd march in song n currentli crackin my brains on the 1st march in...
will b hvin flower petals n dry ice effect thot of gettin somethin more romantic but nt 2 slow...
any gd suggestions???

joice

Hi flowee

How abt 'I finally found someone' by Brian Adams and..(i forgot the lady's name)?

Very romantic song!!

piper

just check...had anyone used cantonese song for march-in b4? eg...Leslie Cheung's "wei ni zhong qing"

would it be weird?

bergkamp

Hi ladies,

I spent a lot of time putting together a collection of songs for my wedding exactly 1 year ago from my extensive cd collection and burned them into 2 cds and still I found myself disappointed in that there were a few more that I couldn't add in! In the end, the first song I picked to be played was "You Make Me So Very Happy" by Blood, Sweat and Tears; a very beautiful song. I'll be glad to tell you the rest of the songs on the cd if you like; in my opinion, they are all great love/wedding-type songs. One song I didn't have on cd at the time which I really wish I had included is: "I Love You" by the Climax Blues Band, always brings tears to my eyes when I hear it. Another very good song which was the second song on my cd was: "You're the Biggest Part of Me" by Ambrosia

seiko

HI Joice
happy.gif

the lady is Barbara Streisand
happy.gif

I wanted 2 use it too, but like wat flowee says, kinda over exposed liao....

I had a few cds on standby for dinner...

1) cocktail music ( frd burnt slow rock ballads )
2) half an hr b4 dinner starts, play Latin Jazz
2 "warm up" the guests *heheh*
3) Jazz music ( cd oso burnt )
4) Rod Stewarts cd
5) Michael Buble's cd

I chose all the songs that was 2 be burnt into cd.... n of cos there's the 3 songs for 1st, 2nd walk in and 1st dish presentation
happy.gif

maya

I didn't want the usual slow romantic 1st walk in, went for something upbeat. Chose "Can't take my eyes off you" - the disco version. Can't remember the grp that sang but it was like sung buy a whole grp of people who sounded like they were having a party. Reminded me of the advert. Actually was upset when the advert came out using that song bec I had already set my heart on that song way before and using it as my march in was like not so original leh. But I still went ahead bec I liked it! Such kick!

For my 2nd march in, I chose slower - Marc Anthony "My baby you". It's a very beautiful and romantic song. When I listened closely to the lyrics, I found it so romantic! Really described the love of a man for his woman. Another song if anyone is interested is All I Ask of you from Phantom of the Opera. I chose the Cliff RIchard/Sarah Brightman version which I thot sounded better.

naturally

Erm, flowee, i guess if the march-in song is long enuf, then no need to find another song for champagne pouring. But i thot it'll be nice, that after the couple reaches the stage, the music fades off, the MC announces that "The newly-wed shall now pop the champagne, blah blah blah", and then a new song is played as u both pour the champagne... just thot a new song may be better than if u play the march-in song again from half-way... unless u are planning to have no interruptions from the MC all the way from beginning of march-in to popping of champagne to pouring of champagne, then it's ok lor.
happy.gif

jaci

Hi,

For my 2nd march in, we danced in with this song 'I love you for sentimental reasons' from this CD - Songs For Cabriolets & Otros Tipos De Vehiculos by Karl Zero. My guests loved it. You can listen to this CD at Gramaphone (a CD shop opp City Hall).

awesome

Hi Jaci,
That's an excellent choice! We used the song for our ROM invitation (via email)! For our 1st dish, we used Carl Zero's torero and my guests loved it!!

Here are some of the songs that I've considered using for my wedding:

1) Wishes - Le couple
2) Winter Light - Sarah Brightman
3) Just the way you are - Diana Krall
4) Grow old with you - Adam Sandler
5) It had to be you

Hope this helps....

blissbride

Hi butter ... think you may be referring to the song sang by Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge, "Come what may"?