Any hotel recommendations for 20 tables?

babyger07

if budget is not an issue, mandarin oriental. attended a good friend's wedding in mar. the food is really awesome.

jkwedding308

Hotel Fort Canning's pretty good... My wedding banquet dinner was held in their Legends Ballroom (min 25 tables, max 46 tables) but they also have 2 other venues namely Grand Marquee (min 25 tables, max 50 tables) and Lavender Ballroom (min 18 tables, max 23 tables) - either way, the Lavender Ballroom will suit your 20 tables setting...

Sher1234

Hotel Fort Canning's pretty good... My wedding banquet dinner was held in their Legends Ballroom (min 25 tables, max 46 tables) but they also have 2 other venues namely Grand Marquee (min 25 tables, max 50 tables) and Lavender Ballroom (min 18 tables, max 23 tables) - either way, the Lavender Ballroom will suit your 20 tables setting...

Hi, how do you find the Lavender ballroom? Is it pillarless and high ceiling? Thanks. :)

Using SingaporeBrides app

jkwedding308

Hi, how do you find the Lavender ballroom? Is it pillarless and high ceiling? Thanks. :)

Mine was held at the Legends ballroom which is bigger than the Lavender ballroom but I did see the inside of the Lavender ballroom - both are similar in design just that the size is different. The ceiling isn't that high so there isn't any chandeliers inside but you'll find the chandeliers outside the ballroom where your guests will be having their cocktails before they proceed into the ballroom for the dinner. The lighting inside the ballroom is adjustable so you can always discuss with the hotel what lighting colour you prefer should you want to work on a particular colour theme. There are some pillars but this is not an issue for a few reasons. Firstly, depending on how many tables you have and your preferred style of march-in, you can discuss with the hotel how and where you wanna place the stage and it'll be adapted accordingly. (We had our stage placed right at the very end of the ballroom so that we can have a straight and long march-in so that we will pass every single table so our guests can personally see us. Some people prefer a shorter route but that would mean walking in on a straight path then halfway turn left or right to walk to the stage - this will only enable half the ballroom to see you personally face-to-face while the other half of the room will only get to see you from afar or via live feed if your hotel provides that.) Secondly, the ballrooms come with multiple screens to project your videos as well as live feed of all your march-ins, cake-cutting, champagne pouring, toasting, and speeches. So you don't have to worry that your guests can't see you. We were initially concerned about the pillars too but when we analyzed it further, none of the tables had any blocked views because of the way they lay them out and the screens with the live feed further reinforces that. Hope this answers your questions... ;)

Jehvy

Rendezvous hotel? I'm going to have my dinner banquet there next year. I was initially deter by the pillar in the ballroom but after checking out the place, I found it nice and cozy - very suitable for a small intimate wedding. Min 18 tables.

hidamari

Rendezvous hotel? I'm going to have my dinner banquet there next year. I was initially deter by the pillar in the ballroom but after checking out the place, I found it nice and cozy - very suitable for a small intimate wedding. Min 18 tables.

Hi Jehvy, any reviews on the food at Rendezvous? Seems like not much review on this hotel.

Jehvy

Hi Jehvy, any reviews on the food at Rendezvous? Seems like not much review on this hotel.

The quality and taste of the food is very subjective. I've only eaten their food during the wedding road show, it was okay -nothing fantastic but not bad. However, I don't really know how the food will turn out on my wedding day.

Personally, I think in general most of the hotel's food quality and taste would be pretty similar since it is all mass produced for the wedding. The most important thing is that you like the venue. The ambience and the interaction with the guests on the actual wedding day would affect the guest's experience and overall satisfaction.

Last edited:

Sher1234

Mine was held at the Legends ballroom which is bigger than the Lavender ballroom but I did see the inside of the Lavender ballroom - both are similar in design just that the size is different. The ceiling isn't that high so there isn't any chandeliers inside but you'll find the chandeliers outside the ballroom where your guests will be having their cocktails before they proceed into the ballroom for the dinner. The lighting inside the ballroom is adjustable so you can always discuss with the hotel what lighting colour you prefer should you want to work on a particular colour theme. There are some pillars but this is not an issue for a few reasons. Firstly, depending on how many tables you have and your preferred style of march-in, you can discuss with the hotel how and where you wanna place the stage and it'll be adapted accordingly. (We had our stage placed right at the very end of the ballroom so that we can have a straight and long march-in so that we will pass every single table so our guests can personally see us. Some people prefer a shorter route but that would mean walking in on a straight path then halfway turn left or right to walk to the stage - this will only enable half the ballroom to see you personally face-to-face while the other half of the room will only get to see you from afar or via live feed if your hotel provides that.) Secondly, the ballrooms come with multiple screens to project your videos as well as live feed of all your march-ins, cake-cutting, champagne pouring, toasting, and speeches. So you don't have to worry that your guests can't see you. We were initially concerned about the pillars too but when we analyzed it further, none of the tables had any blocked views because of the way they lay them out and the screens with the live feed further reinforces that. Hope this answers your questions... ;)

Hi jkwedding308,
Thanks so much for your reply. I was concern about the pillar blocking the views and ceiling height but now I am feeling more comfortable to hear some good reviews from you. As long as it won't block any view, it should be ok. We are only holding 20 tables, so I think it should not be too cramp too in the lavender ballroom. I wonder how is their food? Is the portion big? How about the service and the bridal suite? What room was that? Am interested to take their dinner package as it's 1308 plus plus and they having a wedding show next Sunday. We will go down to take a look. :)

jkwedding308

Hi jkwedding308,
Thanks so much for your reply. I was concern about the pillar blocking the views and ceiling height but now I am feeling more comfortable to hear some good reviews from you. As long as it won't block any view, it should be ok. We are only holding 20 tables, so I think it should not be too cramp too in the lavender ballroom. I wonder how is their food? Is the portion big? How about the service and the bridal suite? What room was that? Am interested to take their dinner package as it's 1308 plus plus and they having a wedding show next Sunday. We will go down to take a look. :)

Food's pretty good. All our guests love it, even those who came from overseas. We have a friend who's been to many wedding banquets before in most hotels in Singapore (he's 60+ years old d hehe) but this was his first time trying out in HFC - he has now ranked HFC's banquet food as one of his top 3 haha!! And another friend who used to be a secret auditor for airlines, hotels and F&Bs around the Asia Pacific region has also given his thumbs up.. Portion is big - quite a number of our tables can't even finish the food haha!! No qualms about their service either. Let them know to pack any of your unfinished food (we only managed to have the 1st 2 courses but not the remaining 6 - you'll find that you won't have time to eat much during the banquet itself) and they will send it up to your room after the banquet's over. They plated it out really nicely for us so we had a late dinner and wasn't hungry. Even before the dinner started, we already called up room service for our pre-dinner snack (complimentary as part of your package) and we chose the club sandwiches that came with chips and juices - there was so much that we shared it with the groomsmen and bridesmaids and we never went hungry at all. And if you're like us, who wants a good sleep-in the following morning and too lazy to move your bum down to the cafe for the breakfast buffet (their buffet's not bad too - we tried it the following morning as we stayed 2 nights there), then just do what we did: ring up room service and tell them you have a wedding package with HFC and it seems like you're not gonna make it in time for the breakfast buffet and that you'll rather have it sent up to your room. They'll ask you what sort of breakfast you prefer and send it to your room without any extra charge.

Bridal suite is totally awesome and high tech. It has a deluxe king-sized bed (they even have a pillow menu in case you prefer a certain type of pillow haha but we were already very satisfied with the standard pillows that they've provided), full-wall wardrobe (trust me, you're gonna love having all these space to put your gowns, suits, angbow boxes, gifts, luggages, etc), a separate living room area with study desk (with mirror) as well as lounge chair and table (my MUA reckons this room is equivalent to a 5 or 6-star hotel room haha and she's even done make-up for celebrities before so she's familiar with all the hotels; some of our groomsmen and bridesmaids crashed our lounge area for a quick bite and rest too in between our morning ceremony and night banquet), a separate area for wash basin (with another mirror!) and a separate area for both bath tub as well as rain shower (both tub and shower are 2 separate areas and not joined into one). There's even a Nespresso machine with complimentary coffee pods in the room if you need to fix yourself a good cup of coffee. The TV also doubles up as a monitor for you to surf the Internet (the TV remote control doubles up as a keyboard then) but there's also free wifi if you prefer to use your own device. You can use the TV as your personal jukebox to play certain songs to, ahem, set the mood, hehe... Or if you prefer, bring your own iPod and use the free iPod speaker dock in the room. All lightings, air-conds, window curtains are all remote-controlled either by using the special touch-sensor buttons on the walls or by selecting via the TV. One of the groomsmen was so happy we picked HFC coz he and his wife previously stayed in HFC for their staycation and eventhough it was just a standard room, they loved it. And we loved it too hehe... There will be a couples teddy bears, a pair of towel swans and a bottle of red wine waiting on your bed along with a congratulations card (their staff has got really pretty handwriting hehe) that you can't miss when you first enter your room.

If you're gonna pick HFC, here are a few extra wedding perks that you should bargain with them to let you have at no extra cost:
1) An extra night's stay in the bridal suite - Don't just settle for one night when you can have two. We wished we could stay there for more nights!! You're in the city and yet you won't feel like you're in the city haha...
2) Extended hours for helpers room - We managed to stretch it to a night's stay. The helpers room is their standard hotel room. We eventually let my parents stay there for the night (my parents and I are Malaysians).
3) Free flow of beer
4) Complimentary $80 dining credit - We used this up nicely to order room service for our groomsmen (yes, our friend who previously had his staycation in HFC couldn't stop raving about their room service fish and chips haha) as well as to pay for a nice dinner the day after our AD at their cafe (see, that's why you should stay for at least 2 nights!!). Their cafe food is awesome too haha - I told my hubby as we were eating that I had food orgasm that night lol!
5) Additional parking coupons - We managed to get enough coupons so that all our guests who drove didn't have to pay for parking in the end!

Just a few other points to note if you're going for HFC. They serve free wines and canapés pre-dinner at their guest lounge (open for all guests regardless of the type of room you stay in) which is near the check-in/check-out reception area so you should always check this area to enjoy some tasty morsels whenever you finish your discussions with the hotel staff (yes, you will be making several trips down to sort things out) and if you're like us, who stayed on another night, you can just chill at this area too on your 2nd night. Also, their house wines are good stuff so if you have guests who can really drink, let the hotel know that they should only serve the wines at the start of the dinner and not during the cocktails reception (although you can start the beer-serving during cocktails if you've opted for free flow beer). We asked for half red and half white wines to be shared out amongst all the tables and to start only when dinner starts but lo and behold, we were notified that red wines were finishing soon by the end of the 2nd course (out of 8 courses!!). We were asked if we wanted to purchase extra red wines or stop serving it altogether. We told them to hold off the red wine first and to continue serving the white wine first. During the 4th course, the white wines have finished too haha so we ended up buying a crate of their red wines (12 in a crate and generally cheaper than getting individual bottles). By the end of the banquet, there were only 2+ bottles left haha!! So yeah, be prepared for such things to happen and maybe you can discuss with your fiancé how you want to manage such a situation if it arises..

Have fun checking our their wedding show and let me know which hotel you end up choosing... :)

joycelync

Food's pretty good. All our guests love it, even those who came from overseas. We have a friend who's been to many wedding banquets before in most hotels in Singapore (he's 60+ years old d hehe) but this was his first time trying out in HFC - he has now ranked HFC's banquet food as one of his top 3 haha!! And another friend who used to be a secret auditor for airlines, hotels and F&Bs around the Asia Pacific region has also given his thumbs up.. Portion is big - quite a number of our tables can't even finish the food haha!! No qualms about their service either. Let them know to pack any of your unfinished food (we only managed to have the 1st 2 courses but not the remaining 6 - you'll find that you won't have time to eat much during the banquet itself) and they will send it up to your room after the banquet's over. They plated it out really nicely for us so we had a late dinner and wasn't hungry. Even before the dinner started, we already called up room service for our pre-dinner snack (complimentary as part of your package) and we chose the club sandwiches that came with chips and juices - there was so much that we shared it with the groomsmen and bridesmaids and we never went hungry at all. And if you're like us, who wants a good sleep-in the following morning and too lazy to move your bum down to the cafe for the breakfast buffet (their buffet's not bad too - we tried it the following morning as we stayed 2 nights there), then just do what we did: ring up room service and tell them you have a wedding package with HFC and it seems like you're not gonna make it in time for the breakfast buffet and that you'll rather have it sent up to your room. They'll ask you what sort of breakfast you prefer and send it to your room without any extra charge.

Bridal suite is totally awesome and high tech. It has a deluxe king-sized bed (they even have a pillow menu in case you prefer a certain type of pillow haha but we were already very satisfied with the standard pillows that they've provided), full-wall wardrobe (trust me, you're gonna love having all these space to put your gowns, suits, angbow boxes, gifts, luggages, etc), a separate living room area with study desk (with mirror) as well as lounge chair and table (my MUA reckons this room is equivalent to a 5 or 6-star hotel room haha and she's even done make-up for celebrities before so she's familiar with all the hotels; some of our groomsmen and bridesmaids crashed our lounge area for a quick bite and rest too in between our morning ceremony and night banquet), a separate area for wash basin (with another mirror!) and a separate area for both bath tub as well as rain shower (both tub and shower are 2 separate areas and not joined into one). There's even a Nespresso machine with complimentary coffee pods in the room if you need to fix yourself a good cup of coffee. The TV also doubles up as a monitor for you to surf the Internet (the TV remote control doubles up as a keyboard then) but there's also free wifi if you prefer to use your own device. You can use the TV as your personal jukebox to play certain songs to, ahem, set the mood, hehe... Or if you prefer, bring your own iPod and use the free iPod speaker dock in the room. All lightings, air-conds, window curtains are all remote-controlled either by using the special touch-sensor buttons on the walls or by selecting via the TV. One of the groomsmen was so happy we picked HFC coz he and his wife previously stayed in HFC for their staycation and eventhough it was just a standard room, they loved it. And we loved it too hehe... There will be a couples teddy bears, a pair of towel swans and a bottle of red wine waiting on your bed along with a congratulations card (their staff has got really pretty handwriting hehe) that you can't miss when you first enter your room.

If you're gonna pick HFC, here are a few extra wedding perks that you should bargain with them to let you have at no extra cost:
1) An extra night's stay in the bridal suite - Don't just settle for one night when you can have two. We wished we could stay there for more nights!! You're in the city and yet you won't feel like you're in the city haha...
2) Extended hours for helpers room - We managed to stretch it to a night's stay. The helpers room is their standard hotel room. We eventually let my parents stay there for the night (my parents and I are Malaysians).
3) Free flow of beer
4) Complimentary $80 dining credit - We used this up nicely to order room service for our groomsmen (yes, our friend who previously had his staycation in HFC couldn't stop raving about their room service fish and chips haha) as well as to pay for a nice dinner the day after our AD at their cafe (see, that's why you should stay for at least 2 nights!!). Their cafe food is awesome too haha - I told my hubby as we were eating that I had food orgasm that night lol!
5) Additional parking coupons - We managed to get enough coupons so that all our guests who drove didn't have to pay for parking in the end!

Just a few other points to note if you're going for HFC. They serve free wines and canapés pre-dinner at their guest lounge (open for all guests regardless of the type of room you stay in) which is near the check-in/check-out reception area so you should always check this area to enjoy some tasty morsels whenever you finish your discussions with the hotel staff (yes, you will be making several trips down to sort things out) and if you're like us, who stayed on another night, you can just chill at this area too on your 2nd night. Also, their house wines are good stuff so if you have guests who can really drink, let the hotel know that they should only serve the wines at the start of the dinner and not during the cocktails reception (although you can start the beer-serving during cocktails if you've opted for free flow beer). We asked for half red and half white wines to be shared out amongst all the tables and to start only when dinner starts but lo and behold, we were notified that red wines were finishing soon by the end of the 2nd course (out of 8 courses!!). We were asked if we wanted to purchase extra red wines or stop serving it altogether. We told them to hold off the red wine first and to continue serving the white wine first. During the 4th course, the white wines have finished too haha so we ended up buying a crate of their red wines (12 in a crate and generally cheaper than getting individual bottles). By the end of the banquet, there were only 2+ bottles left haha!! So yeah, be prepared for such things to happen and maybe you can discuss with your fiancé how you want to manage such a situation if it arises..

Have fun checking our their wedding show and let me know which hotel you end up choosing... :)

Hi babe,
Thanks for providing such a detailed review on HFC. I'm considering HFC to hold my banquet. I need assurance in their food and service especially.. Is it really awesome?

jkwedding308

Hi babe,
Thanks for providing such a detailed review on HFC. I'm considering HFC to hold my banquet. I need assurance in their food and service especially.. Is it really awesome?

The food and service were both really great during our banquet but of course, everyone's human and such things are subject to variation so no guarantee... But we really did love it there and have absolutely no regrets choosing HFC.. Maybe you and your fiancé can both head down to HFC to check out a lil more as well if it helps? ;)

peneloppe

Hi Girls ,

You girls can try to go for Movenprick Heritage Hotel , the ballroom is cozy and no pillars blocking and also high ceiling at the same time .