Any good SEAMSTRESS to recommend ?

ingenue78

i'm also thinking of making an EG. If you have any done by kim/dawn, can share with me the fotos of the gowns? thks in advance!

hi christine and zann, can i see the fotos of the cs too? thks.

my email addy is [email protected]

beourwitness

Dear Christine & Zenn, would you gals mind sharing your cheongsame with me. You can send it to [email protected]
Thanks so much! Do they work with you on the design of the CS or you need to have a design and materials in mind and they will then just make it for you? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon :)

leehz

Hi,

Like to find out more abt the services of Kim.

Can someone share the contact of Kim?
Where does she stay? How much is the cost of making a simple dress? Do we need to pay for the materials ourselves?

dido2517

hi,

i need to make 3 bridemaids gown, can anyone recommend me a good and cheap seamtress? i would get the material and design...

as for dawn lim her price is a bit on the high side.. i broke liao.. need to save money on other things..

u guys may be wondering y i bother to have 3 bridemaid? if i call 1 of my bestfriend and din call the others not very nice rite?
kao_sticktongue.gif

dido2517

Hi angeline,

thank you very much for your help, i had called her her cost sound pretty resonable, hehehehe!!! will forward the web page to my bridemaids and will arrange together with them if they decided to use her..

Once again thank you very much.. appreciated it so much.. MUCK!!

carrotong

Hi all,

I have heard so much about this seamstress by the name kim. However, there are both good and not so good review, hence am rather apprhensive. I am actually looking for someone to help MTM a tea dress for me. Wondering, does Kim help to come up with the design or do we have to provide her with what we want? Can she suggest and improve on the rough design given to her? Thanks all in advance for your help. Cheers!

marilyn_chh

hi carrotong,
Kim doesn't come up with the design but she does give comments and suggestion on your design. And she can recommend the kind of fabric suitable for your design as well. What i like abt her is her workmanship.. It's really really good!

Her charges are very reasonable too. You should pay her a visit to look at the dresses she made. usually she hang it out. The you can decide if you want to engage her..

PM me if you need more info.

carrotong

Hi Marilyn,

I'm so glad someone replied as I almost gave up hope as this forum is so ghostly quite with no interactions at all!

Actually I called her a few wks ago but she told me that she is very busy and I've missed her shopping day for the fabric. My AD is in Jan 06 but my photoshoot is in Oct 05. Is she ok if I go pay her a visit jus to take a look as I'm afriad that she may think its a done deal kind of thing...

Also, as she's very busy, she said that she can get the dress ready just a couple of days before the photoshoot which I think is quite rush, no buffer for hiccups. How many fittings are there? Thank you very much!

lux

Hi carrtotong,

I just got Kim to do my ROM dress and everyone was raving abt it. And yes .. the workmanship is good! Totally worth the money..

I only took my dress 2 days before my ROM and there wasnt any problem.. However mine is a simple dress so might not be in a position to advice..

I guess the negative comments abt her because she felt frustrated ppl are pressing her for the dress without appreciating her work. Who doesnt flare with such provocation? Anyhow she's easy to talk to.... soemmore now is 7th month .. I am sure she have a bit of time to discuss....

carrotong

Hi Ling,

Thanks for replying too,hmmm.. finally, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Can she do embriodery or beadings? I actually bought some materials (thai silk, with different tones from different angle) but am afriad that if I were to make a tube dress with it, it'll look too plain. Hence, not sure if Kim can give suggestions to make the dress stand out more.

I called her a couple of weeks ago but she told me that she is very very busy and can only give me the dress a couple of days before my photo shoot in early Oct, which is quite rush as it doesn't give much buffer for any hiccups. Also, she said that I've just missed her shopping day for the fabrics. From her tone, though she sounded friendly but it seems like she can only sew a simple dress for me.
sad.gif

lux

Hi carrotong,

I think she do embroidery and beadings because I saw a couple of dress with the details while she was correcting my hem which was quite elaborate.. The trick to talking to her is to sounds really friendly as well.. and she warm up better ;)

I think you can go to her for opinion.. I am sure she have some comments if you prompt her to give you some. Since you got the fabric being it down to her and show her.. I guess if you start doing earlier the better.

sharon, I would reckon $120 for the dress..exlusive of fabric..

marilyn_chh

sharon,
my guess is if it's really a simple tube dress, probably the workmanship around 100-150. You may check with kim.

carrotong,
kim charges extra for beading..she does simple beading and is quite nice. for me, i got a beaded fabric from arab street. it's was really really beautiful but costly!! but then the beading work was intricate and really lovely...so, my suggestion to you is head down to arab street "royal fabric" and take a look at their embroidery and beaded fabric..

dun worry abt getting the dress very near your PS. kim workmanship is good! the day before i went for fitting, she had not even sewn my gown!! imagined how panicky i was! but hey the next day, when i went for my fitting, my gown was 80% completed and it fitted me like a glove! I was impressed!!
happy.gif

pm me if you want to the gowns sewn by her ok?
or go to my link to drop me a message. I had my EG and short CS done by her.

My Wedding Photos

carrotong

HI Ling,

Ok, thanks for the note, I think I was quite friendly already when I spoke to her cos I kinda guess she must be very busy hence it won't help if I were to sound rude and pushy on the delivery date.

leehz

Hi

Can someone advise me if i would like to take a look at Kim's bridesmaids' dresses and discuss on the charges, to call her first then visit her?

How long will she usually need to take from the 1st discussion to the final product?

marilyn_chh

hi jj,
for me, it's 3 months time for her to make 2 dresses (EG and mini CS), from the 1st time calling her to picking up my dresses. But i think her effort of making the dress probably 5 days or so..

But then, it's no harm meeting up with her to dicuss things way before your wedding to secure a time with her
happy.gif

Well, i think it's best go to her place to discuss with her. You can take a peek of the dresses she made and also to see if you like to work with her. After that, may be tell her that you will call to confirm.

rabbit75

Hi mrc,

pls send me contact for Kim as well.
hope she does alteration as well? I bought a cheongsam from shanghai few months back and now might need to alter abit....hopefully Kim can help.

my email address is [email protected]
(i think you are the one who shared some of your Taiwan honeymoon itinery with me, right?)

Thanks!

marilyn_chh

hi all,
sorry for the delay. was busy with work. Her contact is 96478146.

One thing to note is that Kim does not do design. So, it's best you have a design in mind. Also, do call her up to let her know when you need the gown so that she can see if she can fit into her schedule.

Oh yeah, sometimes she might sound unfriendly but she's ok one lah.. probably just stress :p

rabbit,
yeah, it should be me
happy.gif
but then it's not my honeymoon lah..I brought my MIL along, how to? hehe

eysl

hi all, just to share with you that there's a boutique called Fashion Clinique opposite stamford house.. they also do made to measure and their ready made dresses are lovely. FC's designer jaslyn is quite good. contact 6337 2201

mindy

Hi thr
wanna know whr is Kim's working place beside posting her mobile
happy.gif
can we juz walk in?

btw, do you all go Arab st to get fabric? any particular shop to recommend? i nvr been to Arab st b4 therefore quite apprehensive

carrotong

Hi JL,

Her place is at Tampines. I think it's better to give her a call first to make appointment just in case she is busy with appointments and to prevent a wasted trip.

YOu should go to Arab street and take a look. When I was there the first time, I was simply amazed at the array of gorgeous fabrics that they have, gawking away like a tourist! Royal farbrics has got beautiful fabrics/ laces etc but they are pricey. Have fun looking around as there are quite a number of shops there to look at and to choose from. Enjoy!

marilyn_chh

royal fabrics for the varieties..they have very nice beaded and embroidery cloth..but like what carrotong said, these cloth are expensive compared to the normal ones..well, it's beaded and embroidery... :p

lee_lee

I want to tailor an evening gown and cheongsam for my wedding dinner.

Went to several studios, all very expensive, above $800

Any Seamstress good in making wedding evening gown and cheongsam to recommed?

barffie

Hi there, I would like to ask about the rough costs of her wedding gowns and can someone send pics of her work to me? Thanks a million!

My email is:
barffie @ gmail.com

bride_sept05

Hi Lee Lee,

you may like to check out Ted Collection. There's a thread Ted Collection, their workmanship very good, your guests will "wah" when they look at you. I made my WG, EG and CS all from them. My in laws and guests commented that my dresses all very nice and different from other BS.

jongsn

Hi Brides,

I think Judy is good. Ever asked her to do my ROM gown and my mother CS before. 2 thumbs up for her. She is located at people's park, can't remember the exact unit nos. but know her shop is located at level 3.

cuddlycute

Hi Lee Lee, i know of a good seamstress in whitelink, in fact, i signed my package with her..she's very friendly.

my friend also went to her for just the gowns..she checked outside also above $800, finally she signed up with the seamstress, most probably the price is lower. otherwise, she won't sign with her.

email me at [email protected] if u interested.

coopertemple

Hi JJ,

I jus went to Arab St to shop for fabrics recently and I found this shop called Alta Moda sells very nice fabrics. The service there is excellent. I spent quite sometimes in that shop and the people there were very accomodating and not hard seller which made me feel comfortable to shop for more. Hope this help. =)

nuabaoz

hi,

if anyone looking for CS, there's a shop at intl plaza 2nd floor, err think call mama & misse. i think the CS r pretty nice w good workmanship. workmanship prices range from 160 to 260 depending on length. met the tailor b4, she gave me a good feeling that u can really depend on her haha. for material, they can select for u or u buy yrself.

as for material, why not try indian saree? it can be pretty exotic, with a large variety to choose from. price can range from cheaper ones at $53 per 6m cloth which already look quite good, to beaded, embroidered, or silk ones that cost more than 150. for 6m, u prob can make two dresses depending on the length of course, or make a shirt for the groom to make a pair. can try hannifah at little india.

aprilla

Hi all,

Am new here. Have tried to call Kim but to no avail. Any idea where she works or other ways to get her?

Txs

aprilla

Hi Tulip & JesusAngel,

Thanks for responding. Really appreciate it and nice knowing you gals. When is ur AD? I'm new to the website... Any recommendations for videographer and photographer?