Any good recommendation for facial IPL?

lampmie

Hi Mikiko,

Its been quite a while... how's your face now? All your freckles gone after your 2nd IPL treatment?

Am having freckles since young, wanted to remove them totally. Can't stand it anymore.

Please help...

noscon

guys

I want to do IPL for acne "pits". Can IPL be used to help that? Please recommend me your place again and pls state px. I'm undecided where to go even though there were a few recommendations in this forum. thanks

hakida

Hi gals,

I also have my IPL and microdermabrasion done by Dr Chan too...I may need to go for another session of IPL and considering to do the microderabrasion every 1 to 2 mths....

noscon,

Dr Chan clinic is called point medical aesthetics,uniot number is #11-04/05 at paragon.
His email is [email protected] and his URL is www.drcalvinchan.com

For acne pits,I think u have to try laser instead of IPL...Do give Dr Chan a call and check with him...U need to call him directly on his cell phone to get an appt with him...

noscon

Hayashi

ok then when do you need IPL? I have a little freckles but mainly I want to smooth out my acne pits left by acne many years ago. So make my face more flawless... heehee

What is microdermabrasion? Is it like peeling?

yeah i just made an appt with Dr Chan and cancelled the appt I have with Dr loh since there many Dr chan's customers here and because of the discount $$$ that sporebrides forumers have

hakida

IPL can remove the freckles as for the acne pits,I think u may need to go for laser.

Microderabrasion is not like peeling,but it can smoothen ur skin...

When are u seeing Dr Chan?

hakida

Noscon,

My clinic is just next door to him....Maybe u can drop by and visit me too....
432959.gif

noscon

Went to see Dr Chan today to do IPL. He also recommend laser for acne pits but I would like to try cooltouch...

Dr Chan seems like a very friendly person.

hakida

Hi Noscon,

Make a guess of my profession.....

Yah Dr Chan is very friendly,Cooltouch,wad is that?He never mention to me leh.....

Is this ur first time doing IPL?

noscon

Hayashi

I know you are a sophia wedding bride cos last time seems to have chatted with you before... then i think think think AHA!

http://www.davidloh.sg/ mentioned cooltouch which seems to be more suitable for acne pits. i also not sure but heard it is more exp...

yes first time. But dun think I will go back to Dr Chan soon

hakida

noscon,

yes u are correct in your guess....
so did u have any dark scabs after the IPL???suppose to drop off in afew days time...

I may go to him either before X'mas or after X'mas....Maybe do another session of IPL again...

polkadotted

hi all, any advice on which doctors should i go for my acne problem and the scars it caused? i need it to show visible results in the shortest amount of time possible with no side effects, like prolly <5 treatments. thanks!

lol i know it sounds very crazy, the "visible results in the shortest amount of time with no side effects" thing, but i really am at a loss on how should i achieve the hollywood celebrities kind of skin. =(

p.s well, pls bear in mind i'm only a student and don't have THAT much to spend, sadly. lol.

noscon

Will laser make the skin thinner over time?

That's what my mom told me. She did her lasers at skin centre. Anyone knows?

polkadotted

gulps. $250 per session! =/
i have sometimes really oily and sometimes moderately oily skin though.. sigh.
pimples and scars all over due to squeezing. =/
any slightly cheaper but bout the same quality treatmenet alternative?
:)

loterie

Hi Polkadotted,

I just attended an aesthetic talk last december, the aesthetic doctor, recommend us to treat our acne before further treatments. She even show us her patient's before &amp; after picture. very convincing..

For the others, please take note:
If you have an acne prone skin, please do not anyhow sign-up or go for facials. Cos, it will stimulate oil growth to your skin..guess what? more acne for you.. Best thing visit a medical doctor to treat your acne..its not expensive any way..Quoted from Dr Komathy.

polkadotted

YES, and i cannot ustd how, after my facials, more pimples started to appear. -.-

any idea/good recommendations for acne skin? i don't really have serious acne problem, but i'd like the scars to be ridden of!

thanks. :)

mogu33

This is just to share my experience with u gals.
I did 4 sessions of IPL at Dr. Valentin Low's clinic.
He gave me supplement to keep the face less oily as well.
This supplement can be taken only when you feel ur face is oily.

After the IPL treatment, my face become dry.
So I drank more water and also applied lots of lotion and moisturiser to keep the skin moisturised.

I could see the result after the 1st session.
My face become very radiant and open pores on my nose and cheeks were visibly minimised.
My skin used to be very oily and always had pimple
outbreaks which ended up having scars on my face.
Now, the scars are less obvious.
And the best thing is that I do not have to touch-up my make up in the afternoon!
And I can even go out without putting foundation.
Now, I only put loose powder.

I stopped IPL treatment for 1.5 months now.
The skin tone is still even and smooth.
But the pores on my nose and cheeks are back to my original condition.

So I'm thinking of doing Carbon Laser Peel to close up the pores.

Anyway, in my opinion, IPL is constly cos the treatment is not permanent and u r paying such a big buks on just a small improvement!

But we all ladies always wan to be beautiful......so no choice la.....

mogu33

450buks each session
yes, the scars became less obvoius
i had a very bad scar on my right cheek
and it became smaller
i guess it takes few more sessions
to make it disappear
but the scar (this one was smaller then the one on the right cheek)
on my forehead disappear completely

chinbee

Any good recommendationfor clinic or beauty centre that do great job in removing freckles and pigmentation at reasonable rates ?
I am having some problem and my wedding is just a few months away.

coyl

True'est Aesthetic Clinic at Ngee Ann City has a package of 6 sessions of IPL and microdermabrasion for around $1800.

chevron

Honestly I do not trust beauticians to do IPL treatments. My mum went to one and the beaautician ended up burning her face. Such treatments are better left to the hands of skin doctors who have more experience and the proper training. For myself, I go to Wen and Weng Medical for treatments and they do a pretty good job!

blessed_1

hi ladies! i would like to improve my skin bt nt via IPL cos once i got my skin burnt by a place and that scar is still there.. been 2 years already.. sigh.. bt thank God it was on the armpit, nt face... so anyways, i dun wanna take oral med to improcve skin so any recommendations?

bellecityster

I used to have pretty bad skin and went for IPL too. I went for a total of 20 times already but did not have any improvement. Recently i went to this homebased beautican for treatment facial. My face had since imporoved alot and it only about 2 months!

joypeace

Recently, I went to Wen&amp;Weng @ keypoint. Dr offered a package of 6 sessions of IPL and microdermabrasion @ S$1888. Do u gals think its a good deal? Or any good recommendation? Do let me know. Probably need to hv 2nd opinion.
Thanks

syalyn

Hi,

Im new to this thread. I would like to do laser to get rid of my oil gland on my face. Anyone here can recommend any gd Dr or salon. Anyway wat is IPL ??

evadeng

Hi Ko Ko, yeah i think better to go to a doctor that quite a few of the forumers have gone to than salon. If you're on a tight budget, you can check out Dr Calvin Chan at Wheelock Place (www.drcalvinchan.com). He gives free consultation to forumers and charges a special rate of $250 per session of I2PL (2nd generation IPL same as National Skin Centre) face and neck. No need to take packages.

dyj3003

I signed with my sister at Bodywellness during promotion last month -each session abt $130 only.
Not sure how much they're offering now.. highly recommend my consultant if interested. She's very nice, not pushy!
happy.gif

heard they've a fren intro fren program, can even get some FOC facial treatments..

zestyzan

Hi, after all the hoo haa on the news recently on beauty treatments, aren't you all a bit wary?
i personally won't risk it ever now since I can have my own rejuvenation with my Galvanic spa. cheap, effective and most importantly safe! You all shld try and compare. there's nothing to lose as it has free trial session.

jol_jol

IPL? Need gel to be apply on ur face? I tried the LHE @Opera Beauty cottage near Khabit MRT (10 mins walk to blk 632). It is the next generation after IPL without gel......more effective. 1st Trail 50% off ...after discount $100+. Need to try. *-*

dyj3003

>>jol: yes, need to apply a layer of cold gel on face first when you do IPL.
dun think LHE is the next generation of IPL, more like I2PL. In fact, the two use different machines and their function differ. From what I understand, LHE helps to kill bacteria esply effective if you have acne problem. On the other hand, IPL is more for hair removal, skin rejunv and lightening of pigmentation. If I remember correctly, IPL is not be that suitable for acne problem skin type..

happyngel

i have an IPL facial laser treatment voucher to let go. paid a deposit of $80. iterested parties pm mi ur best price! >_<

kcpc

I'm having my IPL at this beauty outlet: Regional Skin laboratory @ Bugis.
Nice &amp; Cosy Plc. They offer first trial for IPL @ $80. So far has tried their IPL &amp; Chemical peel, work veri fine on me...Of course, they can be a bit pushy in products selling, be as firm as you can.. Cheers!

raywen

Hi Kathryn, can u pm me the regional skin lab's number or website address if they have it? How much is their package?

kcpc

Hi raywen,

pm you the address/phone nos.
Im still using the package which i bought beginning of this year. $700, 10 times IPL, which i only pay $600.. it's a promotion at the time..you might wan to call and ask Cheryl.

kcpc

Hi Gail hai,

Tried PM you. But your PM mode was disabled.
Please enable PM or provide me with your email add.. will reply soon.

kcpc

Hi Gail Hai,

I signed up with them during mid of this year.. Still doing the IPL every month..working fine on me..Acne hav since subsided, and skin tone are muj even out.. best of all.. my pores are smaller...when i'm more cash rich, i will try their IPL hair removal.. cost onli $70 for underarm..My sis is curently doing this.. and the results (5 sessions).. Hairless...

Here's the address to Regional Skin Laboratory
43 beach road, evershine &amp; century complex
Singapore 189681
[jus opp of shaw tower, beside hainan association.]
Tel: 6336 1726

Can call for more info, if required..
look for Cheryl, and tell her tht you are recommended by kathryn...
happy.gif

cgf

Theresa Beauty was trying to sell me a LHE hair removal - underarm package yesterday. Say it's promotion offer at $1800/- for 6 sessions. Original price is $2800/-. Very much expensive than the $70/- kcpc mentioned. Luckily, I did not sign for that package. Phew!

Any good recommendations for LHE underarm hair removal?

kcpc

Hi Fiona,

You can try IPL by Regional Skin lab (RSL). My sister is currently doing IPL underarm for the 5th session already.. and is still hairless lor..
Haha..I will wish to try tht if i'm more cash rich..