Any good foundation for skin prone to breakout?

angel88

Skin surface is dry and yet has breakout. Dark scar also. Need coverage. Some foundation cause my skin to peel. Any product to recommend?

edna

Hi Angel...i used to have this problem as well...its extremely difficult to apply foundation especially on dry skin surface.

So far only nude and improve from Origins is not so drying on the skin. Many other foundations which i have tried will only emphasize the flakes of the dry skin. However, nude and improve has very thin coverage..which might not be what u r looking for.

hanabi

hi angel n gina, we have the same skin condition. moisturize with a water based moisturizer or serum first before u apply foundation. to improve the dry flakes condition over time, must put on night moisturizer ya. my dry sensitive skin has improved a lot since, n not more flakes!!

tane

You can try nu color tinted moisturiser, it moisturises and at the same time has spf 15 and the coverage quite good. Texture is quite smooth and easy to blend. A tiny amount is enough for the whole face. As it's oil free and water soluble, it won't clog pores, thus won't agrrevate pimples. I'm using it and am very pleased with the natural look it gives, really evens out my skin tone.

rebecca

try estee lauder maximum coverage concealer. i've been using it for 1yr. good. but dunno if is suitable for yr skin. pls let me know k!

angel88

Hi Rebecca
How much is the estee lauder maximum coverage concealer? What is your skin type? Heard that Cle de peau concealer is also very good. Don't know where to get it though.

yunn

Hi Angel

try T.Le.Clerc. got different colour 2 adjust ur skin tone tt caused by reddenish acne marks... care 4 skin cz contains natural ingredients such as wheat rice bran tt wont cause irritation on acnes.

nafnaf

hi angel..
i think u just need to have a good moisturizer first.. for your face, maybe you should get those oil free formula.
then get a foundation that is formulated for oily skin and one that provides good coverage.. i think the Lancome Teint Idole is very good. It give a matte look whole day and your skin won't look shiny or oily..

if the foundation is still not enough to cover up your blemishes, you have to try a good concealer that will blend in well with the foundation. I think what Rebecca recommend is pretty good. The estee lauder maximum coverage concealer..

then lastly, top it up with loose powder.. don't use those compact powder or 2way cake.. it just clogs up your pores only.

shuhui83

now i am using a foundation that is make from aloe vera... recommended by my friend... she say that the product is chemical free.. . i had already used this foundation for about 2 weeks... i find that the texture is very good ... dont have that kind of uncomfortable feeling like something is on your face.sometime i very lazy thus never remove the makeup using makeup remover but i dont experiencence any breakout.i find that the other foundation contain alot of chemical thus i think i will stick to this one;)

shuhui83

hi naf, if you afraid that foundation will clog pore than you can put alayer of moistraiser or sunscreen lotion before you put the foundation lor... and somemore you must choice a good fundation ... the best is one which is chemical free...

shuhui83

angle frm what i understand from my friend is that from those people that have dry skin surface is due to the product that you use is too ikaline... some product cleans away your surface oil and inside is still oily but outside very dry.
Thus i think what you need to do now is to balance your ph level.... one of the way is to use the toner... toner can provide your face with moisture..

angel88

Kacy
I would also like to find out the aloe vera foundation that is chemical free. I am currently trying the T.Le.Clerc, the light oil free version. Did not cause irritation too.

kacey

Hi Kacy chong,
can u email me more detail on aloe vera foundation u r using huh? Where can i buy it? I am very interested in tat. Email to me at [email protected]

Thks.
happy.gif

siewyin

for oily skin maybe u can try the brand- 'ettusais'. It's available at isetan scotts & seiyu(i think)... my gf tried it & said at least the powder lasted thru the day...her skin is super oily & always complain that her eyebrows 'disappeared/melted' by lunch hour cos skin too oily!!

twinkletwinkle

Hi Yunn,
I'm new here..am facing the same problems as most of the gals here.. dry on surface yet oily inside.
sad.gif
also have some clog pores.. sigh..
can i knw are T.Le.Clerc products costly??

venusian

Hi twinkle,
Think the brand you mention are ex lor. If i'm not wrong, one lipstick can cost near to hundred bah.

Actually my skin is combi to oily skin. So better to get one foundation that wun clog pores. Think the term is non comedogenic (meaning wun clog pores). I'm currently using Biotherm "Light"- SPF 10, For Normal to combi skin.

It's so far so good. Cos it's very light, doesn't mean it has no coverage. It still have but i dun feel my face got something covering me. Plus it's easy to use, i'm using fingers only. No need sponge cos it's very liquid, like i'm applying my moisturiser.
happy.gif

twinkletwinkle

Hi Venusian,
I used to use Biotherm's products and quite like it..but haven try out their makeup products..maybe should get some samples from them.. hee...

venusian

Hi twinkle,

they got samples for makeup pdts??? aiya, then i loo gee liao, hehe.
happy.gif

But this one that i'm using is very light lor, even after i set the foundation with loose powder.
happy.gif

sheauping

Hi gals, how do you apply the foundation? Including the eye area? Since the eyes area are much more sensitive, we apply same foundation throughout the whole face including the eye area isit?

yule

Sheauping
Yes and No. Makeup artist and busy career girls will apply all over face incl lids. But there're some eyelid foundation primers for you to apply before you brush your fav colours on. Some brands will invent a base colour like Bobbi Brown's "BONE" powder eyeshadow serves this purpose.

venusian

Hi,
Generally i dun think i'll apply foundation on my eye area. Cos:-
1. i'll apply concealer 1st at my eye bag and dark eye circle.
2. then i apply a little concealer on lid cos if not it will be too oily. A bit of concealer will help my eye shadow to stay.
3. then i apply foundation only on the area i want to cover. then i'll blend to other parts of face. if not my face will be obvious to have makeup on lor.
4. set with face powder.
5. then makeup on your eye area 1st. apply the bobbi brown's "bone" eye shadow as highlighter. fill in the brows and then mascara.

The purpose of makeup on eye area 1st cos that's to set the whole face's colours rite. If I apply Blush 1st (and happen to apply too much), then naturally you will apply more colours on your eye. IN the end, a Day look become a Night's look.
happy.gif

venusian

There's one Bobbi brown item call Foundation Stick. It's quite good. Almost any skin tone can use it. It can act as concealer for eyes or the spots on ur face or foundation for whole face. You just need to control how much you going to use will do.

For travel and busy women will be nice.
happy.gif

yule

venusian:
you sound like an expert!! I don't like to apply concealer on my eye lids because I am afraid I'll get milia seeds...For me, Bone is too plain as a brow highlighter. I usually use the pearl shimmer colours as highlighters.

angel88

Hi Venusian
I ever attended a make up class and was told that we should not apply foundation on eye lid and Yule is right, it may cause milia seeds. I was also told that we cannot use blusher on eye and eyeshadow as blusher as it may cause pigmentation.

venusian

hi hi!

Oh the BB's Foundation Stick is more for convenience. It's better if can use concealer. It can be used all over the face or only on some spots that you want to cover.
Of course when i buy concealer, I'll try out the texture. If my eye area is tend to dry, i'll get creamier one.

Actually now, there are some products that can be applied as lipstick and blusher. Last time people also say do not use lipstick as blusher unless it's during emergencies. People say like that can introduce bacteria unnecessary. What i'm trying to say is that as long as we follow what the product is being intended to use, it should be quite safe.

For me, i do have products that can be used as lipstick and blusher. I think technology is such that eye shadow as blusher can be possible one day.
happy.gif
I think why eye shadow is not being used as blusher cos of the color bah. Eye shadow tend to be more shimmery and it'll look weird on cheeks lor. Hehe just some personal view lah...

blue_ape

I'm looking for a foundation that Don't

clog pores
shiny face
oily face
cakey

anyone recommend for a good one that cover imprefection skin to give it a radiant and smooth look.

wlchoong

Hi blue_ape,

I can recommend you Jill Lowe UV Silky Smooth Powder that has the oil free formula, gives maximum sun protection with long lasting staying powder for harsh weather conditions.
This superfine powder assures no clogged pores all day long.

I have oily and acne skin beofre my treatment. and i was always bein discourage not to apply any 2-way cake or foundation. Always think that applying a layer of foundation with loose powder will help to protect and also to look pretty. I havebeen using this one for 4 years. this powder does not cause more outbreaks and it gives me a smooth finish look all day that i do not have to touch up. It contains ingredients for acnes as well. Majority of my colleagues are using her range of UV Silky Smooth powder for makeup for years -even though that have gorgeous skin.
happy.gif

PM me if you are keen: [email protected]

grapeful

sometimes, it could be that the pores are clogged up and enlarged or even dry - so foundation does not seem to sit on skin nicely.
maybe you should work on your skin while looking for a good cover up which does not make skin worse =)

monkie

i suggest not to use foundation for skin prone to breakout...cos it iwll blog your pores..
how about using lose powder?
apply skin tone acne cream on pimples.
then follow by moisturer
then use lose powder.
if really got to use foundation like dinner...events, I suggest to use Lancome..perfect forever foundation.
you can ask for sample over the counter.

stepford

blue-ape, regular application of masks will help to prevent your foundation turning cakey. In fact, the results are wonderful espy if you apply the mask before you start on your makeup but guess only for dinners when you have the time.

I'm using Shu Uemura's foundation and I find it very suitable for my dry and sensitive skin. Goes on smoothly and so far, no issue with cakey foundation.

eowyn_1711

Hi MiCar,

I am interested to know more abt the Jill Lowe UV Silky Smooth Powder. Had already email u. Thanks in advance!

adrella

kacy, im interested too..can u pls email me?? anione has kacy emailed happen to read this? can u forward me the brand too?

better still, kacy why not u post here for us to noe? =)

thanks

[email protected]

cheekychick

I have oily & acne prone skin too...tried many brands but only Chanel worked for me. I used Chanel's concealor followed by its matifying pressed powder. I discovered it when i was shopping for suitable make-up for my ROM...have been a faithful Chanel fan for 2yrs liao
happy.gif