Any comments on Cis**rn?*=e?

slowwalker

Hi Lynn,
Dont worried so much.Alth my ID,Allan, is not up to my expectation,but doesnt mean that his coy is no good.
As my reno was during peak season(Christmas & CNY),guess they rush to complete even i told them not to..
If u know wat to do,get an contractor if not, get an ID to plan yr space n design..

very_angry

MY personal advice to those who intend to use tis coy... do b PREPARED TO OPEN UR EYES WIDE BIG N NOT GET CHEATED BY THEIR IDS INSIDE!!!

sharlene

Miss Virgo,
Spent $50K excluding electrical works on reno and ID is Norman Tan.

Lynn,
My ID is Norman Tan, he is honest and good and will advise against some things if he thinks no need to spend that extra money. We are happy with their workmanship.

Shan Shan,
Sent u the link later.

missvirgo

hi sharlene,

do u hav a quotation to share? my email is [email protected] thanks
happy.gif

alsh

Hi sharlene, my id is also Norman Tan. He is a responsible ID, 2 thumb up for him. Great workmanship too. My hubby and I were very satisfy and happy with him.

shan_shan

Hi guys,

check wif u all...how much did u guys pay for the following:
a) each lighting point;
b) labour to install each ceiling light;
c) each switch

got a feeling i hv been overcharged...

sozky

Hi Shan Shan,

If u do ur electrical works via ur ID, u will always ended up paying more cos the margin earned by ID.

They quoted me almost 2K (incl GST) for my electrical works but in the end, I got my own electrican and pay only $1.3K (no GST).

But the downside is that u need to do some co-ordination work between ur electrician and ID.

shan_shan

Hi sozz,

yah,i noe...but hopefully i am still paying the standard rate as others who is using this company but by another ID...now im worried dat my ID actuali overcharged me...
sad.gif

is it very hard to do the co-ordination?normally how long wil the electrical works take?

shan_shan

Hi Angel n sharlene,

u both mention dat ur ID is Norman Tan and he is a responsible man....can i check wif u all whether wil he, for eg, promise to give u a quotation on a certain date but nvr did??

my ID have been like dat for a few occasion...promise me but in the end totally forgotten bou it until i call to remind him...im reali quite pissed off by dis....felt dat if he is already like dat in this initial stage, den when the reno work starts, wil it be even worse...say one ting but do another ting...im wondering is it normal for ID to behave such way n i shld juz bear wif it....if not, do u tink i can change my ID after he has given me the quotation but i hvnt sign the contract yet??

sozky

Hi Shan Shan,

I believe they have a price list. If they are quoting u based on the list, then it should be fairly std...unless some IDs give discounts...

It's not that difficult and if ur ID is gd, he will assist u a little...

For electrical works, usually it takes 1/2 day to lay out the points and lights installation is fast once ur false ceiling is up and it oso depends on whether u have carpentry eg for kitchen, the oven pts,etc are installed when ur kitchen cabinets are up....

jj2

Hi Sharlene,

Can you share your pix with me? Currently, I am using sky for my hse. He seem quite responsible.

diaodu

Hello all,

I am signing my contract with Cis**rn soon.
Can anybody let me know what should i look out for? I am concerned about the possible disputes at later stage.

Compensation details?

sozky

Hi diao,

The compensation details are pretty standard. Jus make sure all that they have promised u (freebies,etc) are stipulated in black n white in the contract down to the minute details.

All contracts should have a clause on "rectifying defects" and what defines defects are very subjective. Wat is deemed not ok for u might be acceptable by industry stds. So the call is on u to consientiously monitor the work and get ur ID to rectify asap if it does not meet ur expectations.

Jus my 2 cents worth...Hope it helps... : )

diaodu

Hello all,

I will be getting key soon for "goodview flat" and renovation will start end May.

Cis**rn ID included air-con (LG)in their quotation. Does anybody know it's better to find own air-con contact directly or top up additional $$ and get Cis**rn to order (Toshiba or mitsubishi) aircon better. Also, better to get Cis**rn's worker to install or professional aircon personnel to install?

slowwalker

Hi Diaodu,
I personally think its better for u to get CIS**RN to install for u.
I'm sure end of day u dun wan CIS**RN and the AIRCON Man pushing around the blame if anything happen.
If its ok for u,then u can look for aircon yrself, but ask yr ID to over-see the installation.
If u were to ask CIS**RN to change e aircon to some other brand,check out the market price 1st before u commit.
From wat i know,CIS**RN engage C**LS**VICE to install the aircon. Overall they did a good job for my aircon installation.

fiona

Hi diaodu and slowwalker,

What I found out is that Cisssern's aircon is definitely more expensive than outside aircon supplier. I did a comparison on this and asked my ID if Cisssern can match, but they can't.

Service wise, it really depends on the aircon supplier whom u get the aircon from. Cos from this forum I found out there is actually one aircon supplier which is cheaper and according to some owners here, they provide excellent service. I can show u the thread if you are interested. I just booked my aircon from them.

Most impt is that the ID must be able to co-ordinate with the aircon supplier.
happy.gif

slowwalker

i was once asked my ID to "trade-in" the aircon he supplied to me and i will find my own aircon.
And he quote me very low price(expected) than outside.
Ended up i stick to their aircon.

diaodu

Thanks Fiona, Slowwalker.

My ID quoted me LG at S$1.4. I don't know what's the market price.
Maybe i need to research a bit. Fiona, can forward me the thread?

Thanks.. tks..

fiona

U r welcome, diaodu.
happy.gif

But your requirement and my requirement is different so dunno whether it's cost saving for you or not. For me is I need Mitsubishi system 4, and my ID quoted me $4k+ but the shop that I got it from charged me only $3k+.

fiona

U mean the aircon merchant? Yah.... u are right, we went to Hoxx Tax. We are comfortable with the lady sales person, non pushy.

In fact, they came for the site survey already. I was not very impress on their service during the site survey though. Becos initially the trunking layout they suggested seemed to be conspicious. But they are easy going, I insist that I didn't like that, and pointed out an alternative way of hiding the trunking and they are ok with my idea since it's feasible.

shan_shan

hi all,

my ID is charging me the following:
- $40/switch
- $43/lighting point
- bou $160 for shifting of TV point

comments pls? Thanks!

slowwalker

wah.. that exp man..

Mine is,
30/lite point w/switch & cable
30/SCV/TV point (30cm away)
7/lite point (install lite)

shan_shan

Hi slowwalker,

yah, i find dat i hv been overcharged too....kept telling my ID dat pple dun charge extra for switch...but he say dat is not possible...

can i noe who is ur ID?

slowwalker

are you getting lites from other supplier or thru him?

If thru others u can ask them to install for u.
as their rate is fix and cheaper also.

I can show u my lite shop e price quoted me if u keen. btw my ID is Allan

slowwalker

1) install ceiling fan is S$35
2) Install lighting point S$30 w/wiring & Switch
3) install Lighting only @ S$7/lite

From wat i know,my quotation is apply to all market rate, anything above that consider is exp liao...

Item 2 price can range from 30~40,40 is quite exp.
Item 3 is abt 7~8 only.

shan_shan

Hi slowalker,

I havnt reali consider whether to get lites from him or other supplier...but considering the fact dat he is overcharging me so much on the lites, tink i wun b getting from him.....

yah, im keen...pls email me...thanx alot!...
happy.gif

[email protected]

haiz...mine is $40 per light installation and still doesnt include switch n labour is $11....imagine at first he was quoting me $60/switch...oni when i start to read more from this forum, den i learn dat its not so exp...when i told him, he immediately reduce to $40/switch...tink he oso paisay liao....

btw, wat do u feel about their painting?

slowwalker

Hi Shan,
My quote is there...My lite shop jus quote me with lite installation and extra points.

Think you can visit those lite shop and get quotation.Two shops i went, one at Jln Besar and one at Geyland,both quote me e same price. Ended i get e lite at Geyland due to bigger range and frenly services. Balestier also not bad,jus remember to compare price be4 u place yr order.

Wat u can do is to tell him e market rate.
If him still charge u too high,tell him u will get yr own lite and worker to install,but he have to over-see e whole thing as he's yr ID.

Their painting still ok,no that bad...yrs painted?
If u not happy with e paint work,u can ask to repaint again... dun feel paisei

diaodu

is mine expensive? I dont' really know how to compare mine against yrs? So sorry

Lighting Point ( Count By Number Of Lights ) $30.00
Single Power Point ( 13Amp x 1 Outlet ) $50.00
Single Power Point ( 13Amp x 1 Outlet, Waterproof ) $60.00
Double Power Point ( 13Amp x 2 Outlet ) $60.00
Replacement Of Single To Double Power Point ( 13Amp x 2 Outlet ) $40.00
Television Point $70.00
Heater / Air - Con Point ( 15Amp ) $90.00
Cooker Hood Point ( Fuse Switch ) $50.00
Cooker Hob Point ( Fuse Switch ) $50.00
Oven Point ( Fuse Switch ) $50.00
Telephone Point $35.00
Door Bell Point $30.00
Speaker Point $60.00
2-Way Point $35.00
Lighting Dimmer ( Count By Control ) $35.00
Re-Location Of Lighting Point ( Less Than 10ft )** $20.00
Re-Location Of Switch Point ( Less Than 10ft )** $20.00
Re-Location Of Power Point ( Less Than 10ft )** $20.00
Re-Location Of Telephone Point ( Less Than 10ft )** $20.00
Re-Location Of Television Point ( Less Than 10ft )** $20.00
Re-Location Of Point ( More Than 10ft )** $30.00
Installation Of Down Light, Wall Light Or Ceiling Light $8.00
Installation Of Hanging Light $30.00
Installation Of Ceiling Fan ( 3 Plate ) $45.00
Installation Of Ceiling Fan ( 5 Plate ) $55.00
Installation Of Wall Fan $20.00
Installation Of Door Bell $8.00
MCB & Copper Bar For Distribution Box $40.00
New Distribution Box ( Excluding Main Cable ) $320.00
PUB Testing $300.00
Other :

slowwalker

Hi Diaodu,
Which contacts u need? Lite shop?

After go thru yr list,look like u reno yr whole hse here..And some of them are not just lites.

Think i have mis-interpreted your statement.Sorry.

My lite shop quote me ONLY installation of lites and extra point for lites w/switch.

Alot of them i'm not too sure.
I will list down below those i know...

Lighting Point ( Count By Number Of Lights ) $30.00 - Same as mine,come with wire and switch
Cooker Hood Point ( Fuse Switch ) $50.00 - Mine @ $30 with box
Lighting Dimmer ( Count By Control ) $35.00 - Same as mine.
Installation Of Down Light, Wall Light Or Ceiling Light $8.00 - mine is @ $7.00
Installation Of Ceiling Fan ( 3/5 Plate ) - mine @ $40.00

From e list above,look like abit exensive.
U can try to ask for discount for some items.

Why not u try to ask around with all those thing around,how much going to charge u.

some link for u to go thru,hope u will find it useful. Sorry for not able to help u...

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/5687.html?1114130157
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/276333.html?1138251322

fiona

Hi all, seems like the electrician pricing is the standard one, which to me is more expensive than the market rate. I was quoted $3k+ by Ciseeern when another electrician quoted me $2k+ (without GST some more).

Btw, my reno just started already! Yippppeeeeee!!

bounce.gif

shan_shan

Hi slowwalker,

thanks!...ok,wil go to jln besar and geylang n recce...actuali i was even tinking of outsourcing the electrical works to outside electrician...wil there be problem ah?

havnt paint...coz i hv frenz who commented before dat their painting is not gd....

fiona,

let us know ur feedback as ur renovation progresses k....all the best and hapi enjoying the process of seeing ur house slowly being done up..
happy.gif

slowwalker

Jln Besar(lighting Sq,opp food court), geyland (premier lighting ctr),i went to these two shops only.
If u need the address,let me know.

Actually u can ask to paint any type of paint found inside the Catalogues. They will paint two coats, plus the last one touch up,total 3 coats.
And they use ICI pentalite paint.

If i'm in yr shoe,i will get another quote from electrician outside to compare their price.
If their price is too high,i will go with outsider. Jus bear in mind that u might need to coordinate the work btw yr ID and e electrician yrself.

fiona

Hi shan shan,

Thanks! My "outside" electrician charge me quite reasonable. Not say the cheapest bah, but definitely cheaper than Ciseeern. If u need the contact, can let me know too.
happy.gif
But then I can't guarantee on the works yet... cos so far he only came to dismantle all the wiring only. Haven't start to do the re-wiring yet.

And yah, slowwalker, we are now co-ordinating the work with the electrician and ID. -___-|||

I have seen the paint job done by Ciseeern, I must admit, it's really not so goood. Maybe not all paint jobs not good.. just the one I saw bah. *shrugs*

BTW, who is your ID, shan shan?
happy.gif

diaodu

Hi Slowwalker,

Thanks.. don't worry.. I understand.. I am glad for help so far..

Hi Fiona,

Can recommend me your electrician? my reno starts in May 22.

[email protected]

Thanks.

Cheers,
Diaodu

shan_shan

Hi slowwalker,

thanks
happy.gif
...tink i roughly noe the one at jln besar...but the one at geylang, which lorong is it in?

heard alot of pple say pentalite is the cheapest of all paint...tink they wana cut cost, dats y they oni use pentalite....

fiona,

yeah, can i hv ur electrician's contacts...thanx alot!

[email protected]

so is it a hassle having to co-ordinate? actuali the hassle stil ok..but i ever heard dat should there b problem, juz scared dat the ID and the electrician wil start pushing blame to each other...dats the oni wori i hv...hope everyting goes well for u....keep me updated on ur progress k..
happy.gif

my ID is vincent