Any Bridal in JB to recommend?

Chassy

My suggestion is don't go for bridal shops.... Myself I just went to those bridal studios with freelance photographers as owners. I feel more at ease as they don't really hard sell and willing to discuss in details what you really want :)

darszmanda

My suggestion is don't go for bridal shops.... Myself I just went to those bridal studios with freelance photographers as owners. I feel more at ease as they don't really hard sell and willing to discuss in details what you really want :)
Bridal studios? Im not really familiar with JB. Can recommend some? And are bridal studios same as bridal shops?

Chassy

Erm.... I think almost same except that I only target those studios with freelance photographers as studio owner... Wife as makeup artist.. Small sized studio compared to those high end ones like Venus bridal, destino etc. Not hard selling, and you can discuss in details what type of photography you prefer coz you're liaising directly with the photographer :)

niqiuh

Erm.... I think almost same except that I only target those studios with freelance photographers as studio owner... Wife as makeup artist.. Small sized studio compared to those high end ones like Venus bridal, destino etc. Not hard selling, and you can discuss in details what type of photography you prefer coz you're liaising directly with the photographer :)

Any recommendations for small sized studio?

amazon888

Chassy any recommendations? can PM me?

Clzh

I signed with Dawn's wedding. Price wise is attractive to me. Also like the photos they took so signed with them. But gowns wise not as extravagant as those popular bs in sg.

adelineL

Hi!

Anyone can share with me on their package for Destino and Castalia? I have just visited them and still indecisive as the both are good at different things.

Thanks in advance!

sherlynsam

Hi!

Anyone can share with me on their package for Destino and Castalia? I have just visited them and still indecisive as the both are good at different things.

Thanks in advance!

I just had my pre wedding shoot with Castalia on 4 June. Me and husband are extremely pleased with their services so far! Gowns selection had been a breeze as Catherine was really good and patient at recommending gowns. There was a wide range of gowns, I chose a high neck mandarin collar, off shoulder with lace sleeves, tube, off shoulders no sleeves. I am a UK10 but there were so many I could choose from. I tried about 12 gowns, not including some others that she also showed me. The photographer Jay was also very friendly, we totally had no idea about the concept but he guided us and we eventually managed to list some of the things/feel we wanted. Prior to the shoot, we kept in very close contact with Castalia via Whatsapp, showing them pictures and ideas. They never ever rejected us once on our ideas.

We finally had our shoot on 4 June. It was very tiring for us as my husband had a work emergency the night before and was tired. I also just recovered from a bout of flu. They were very caring, always checking in if we needed rest, needed food etc. Our shoot ended about 9pm, but never once did I see any displeasure from them. The whole team stayed with us all the way to the end! The shoot ended late as we got hungry and wanted to have dinner. The husband managed to catch a good 30 mins snooze before a nice chi char dinner arrived.

My husband isnt one who likes taking pictures and neither does he have idea about poses. However, Jay the photographer along with his assistants Yong Yao and Dyven guided us in every pose. My husband is super impressed at the lengths they take to help us get nice pictures.

Last but not least, I have to compliment the MUA, Eva. She is very skillful, I like her make up as it is very natural and she was able to enhance further on my features. My hair is also awfully short right now but yet she could conjure a variety of hairstyles (nope, did not wear a wig).

Overall, it was an extremely good experience. Very very different from what my friends described to me about their experiences (some of them had to redo it as their pictures turned out terrible due to the make up and them looking uncomfortable).

My husband and I are looking forward to our pictures selection and will definitely be spoilt for choice (Jay showed us some sneaks :p). Totally happy we went ahead with Castalia. You can feel their warmth and patience right from the start. Destino was our other choice after booting out Venus and Mondore. However, because they became impatient, I felt that we wouldnt work well together.

Happy to share more details, you can email me at [email protected].

Last edited:
I just had my pre wedding shoot with Castalia on 4 June. Me and husband are extremely pleased with their services so far! Gowns selection had been a breeze as Catherine was really good and patient at recommending gowns. There was a wide range of gowns, I chose a high neck mandarin collar, off shoulder with lace sleeves, tube, off shoulders no sleeves. I am a UK10 but there were so many I could choose from. I tried about 12 gowns, not including some others that she also showed me. The photographer Jay was also very friendly, we totally had no idea about the concept but he guided us and we eventually managed to list some of the things/feel we wanted. Prior to the shoot, we kept in very close contact with Castalia via Whatsapp, showing them pictures and ideas. They never ever rejected us once on our ideas.

We finally had our shoot on 4 June. It was very tiring for us as my husband had a work emergency the night before and was tired. I also just recovered from a bout of flu. They were very caring, always checking in if we needed rest, needed food etc. Our shoot ended about 9pm, but never once did I see any displeasure from them. The whole team stayed with us all the way to the end! The shoot ended late as we got hungry and wanted to have dinner. The husband managed to catch a good 30 mins snooze before a nice chi char dinner arrived.

My husband isnt one who likes taking pictures and neither does he have idea about poses. However, Jay the photographer along with his assistants Yong Yao and Dyven guided us in every pose. My husband is super impressed at the lengths they take to help us get nice pictures.

Last but not least, I have to compliment the MUA, Eva. She is very skillful, I like her make up as it is very natural and she was able to enhance further on my features. My hair is also awfully short right now but yet she could conjure a variety of hairstyles (nope, did not wear a wig).

Overall, it was an extremely good experience. Very very different from what my friends described to me about their experiences (some of them had to redo it as their pictures turned out terrible due to the make up and them looking uncomfortable).

My husband and I are looking forward to our pictures selection and will definitely be spoilt for choice (Jay showed us some sneaks :p). Totally happy we went ahead with Castalia. You can feel their warmth and patience right from the start. Destino was our other choice after booting out Venus and Mondore. However, because they became impatient, I felt that we wouldnt work well together.

Hi Dear,

Mind pm me your package and your PS from Castalia? Thanks.

BTB_2017

hiii,
Can share your package? Pls pm me at [email protected]
Thanks a lot !