Any big-sized brides with good boutiques to recommend?

moonlight

HI blurydoey,
How much did you pay for the shoe? did they really take the measurement of our feet? my feet is not long but board lor.

mudpie

Hi there!!!

Thanks Pebbles, Chub, Joy2003 and everyone for your concern
happy.gif

Glad to see the thread come alive for awhile, but now seems quiet again. Must be all busy partying right? :p

I've started working at the beginning of the month; very miserable. Internal audit worse than external audit cos now I am assistant and senior rolled into one; everything "pow ka liao" cos very small team and short-handed.
sad.gif

But one great consolation is my gowns are better than I expected!!! So very happy with Jawn Happy.Ever.After. Susan and Euzart have put in so much effort, I am so grateful to them for making my dream come true!
happy.gif

Right now I am not doing much for my preparations; worried about money. So no new job offer, cannot quit yet. Sad...

Well, if any of you girls have contacts for a good and slightly cheaper florist and caterer, do let me know.

Let me know how you girls are all doing!

Happy holidays and have a Blessed Christmas!

Cheers!

pebbles

Hi mudpie,
so happy to see u in this thread again..
happy.gif
so where are u working now??? u also in internal audit ah now...
happy.gif
dun worry lah, im sure will find a better job soon, im also looking around for a better job offer..
happy.gif

blurydoey

hi moonlight,
didnt realise that there is postings,
but anyway they dun take measurements for your feet if u r refeering to buying the shoes off the rack.actually if your feet arent too big like size ten, u can try heatwave, they do have big sizes shoes also..

J

joy2003

Hi Mudpie and Pebbles!!

Long time no 'see'! I haven't been active in the forum for long time. So happy to see you gals today!

Mudpie, do hang on to your work first. Times are bad, it's very common for companies to load us with work. Like Pebbles said, I am sure in time to come, you will find another better one.

Pebbles, how about yourself? How's life?

I am feeling the pressure piling up as the days towards my wedding day draw nearer... less than 100 days...

Have a blessed Merry Christmas!
happy.gif

soupie

hi gals,

dunno if u still remember me. i came in a few months back and then disappeared..hehe. now i'm back! going to ROM next May, i wonder if u gals have any idea where to get beautiful big size dresses for ROM?

pebbles

Hello girls...
happy.gif

Joy2003,
me also so happy to see mudpie and u here, was just telling blurydory the big bride thread so not active already , dun know where all the girls gone to ah...
sad.gif

anyway, how's your wedding prep coming along..??dun be too stressed out with the wedding prep ah else won't be mei mei on your big day already.
oh, by the way, i replied to your email, did u received my email ah..???

soupie,
hey, me also going to have my rom in may next year..

soupie

pebbles, chosen your date? i forgot how to use the smileys! hehehe... anyway u look around for dresses liao? when is your customary? or does your ROM package comes with your bridal package?

strawberry

hi pebbles and blurydoey,

thank you for attending my wedding, you two are really very sweet, i hope to see you girls again soon!
happy.gif
hope you've enjoyed it.

blurydoey

hi gals!!
yup agree with pebbles the thread is not so active..
gals dun be so stressed by the wedding prep n work. Must fang qing song..

strawberry,
we missed seeing your big potrait. n got to say again,your photos really very nice...

soupie,
now there is a lot of dresses around since christmas is coming, u can try ck tang I find a lot of variety of dresses over there..

pebbles

hi soupie,
chosen my date already will be the first week of May..
happy.gif
very excited..
happy.gif
have not looked around for my rom dress as my bridal package included rom dress but as u know lah, me big size so couldn't fit into any nice sweet dresses so in the end had to MTM lor...
happy.gif
my Customery will be in May 04 too..
happy.gif
how about yours????

Hi Strawberry,
thanks for inviting me and blurydory to your lovely wedding, yeah the two of us missed your big potriat pics ah...and we love your pics..very lovely...hope mine will turn out as nice....

so when will we be meeting up ah....????

strawberry

pebbles and blurydoey,

oh i didn't know they kept the portrait already. not to worry, sure got chance one.
happy.gif

pebbles, i'm sure your photos will turn out nice, moreover we're from the same shop right?
blury, don't worry lah, yours will be nice too. actually mine is ok only lah, i've seen nicer ones. heehee...

shall we go shopping together? how? shop for clothes? pebbles, you have a very sweet face.
happy.gif

by the way hor, i don't understand why there were no seats at the table allocated, so sorry have to make you girls seat at my hubby's colleagues table. did you girls managed to talk to anybody at that table?

soupie

pebbles, ohhh mine would be the 1st week of may too! hehehe would love to have my customary in 2004 but nothing's confirmed yet. yeah... even ROM dress i'm thinking of MTM so got appt with jawn happy ever after later on... but i thot it's quite a waste.. unless if i can MTM the ROM dress which i can also use as a tea dress later on, but customary still not set. i think will be quite disppointing if i shop outside cos ah places like daniel yam also cannot find sizes that fit me! i'm a size 14 and big at the bottom so abit difficult...so quite depressing ah.

blurydoey, thanks! will check out CK as well
happy.gif

pebbles

Hi Strawberry...
happy.gif

Thanks for your compliments ah...me not sweet lah, u r the bride so u look so pretty that day..
happy.gif
blury and myself didn't tok to the guys there, they had their own conversation and we just tok among ourselves..
happy.gif
but no worries...we did enjoy ourselves..
happy.gif
must show us your actual wedding photos when we go shopping ah...
happy.gif
oh but will be too heavy for u to bring ...next time lah..
happy.gif

soupie,
u look around Metro and maybe try Moonsoon, i know the sizes there are quite big and there are a few places which do have larger sizes...lucky thing my package includes rom dress ah but i know what u mean, it would be good if u can use your rom dress and your tea dress then u won't need to get another tea dress..
happy.gif

shirley

Hi everyone,

Finally there's a place for me to talk comfortably in, cos I big as well!! hehee..

soupie, you can try Daniel Yam, there's one branch at Centrepoint, service not bad. There are quite a lot of designs which has XL. Price range from $69 for a short dress to about $169 for a long one.

Got mine there, simply love it
happy.gif

soupie

hi shirley, i work at suntec and there's a new daniel yam over there... but i dun really like the sales girl there... i ask her do they custom make their dresses or do alterations and she was quite rude. i actually had my eyes on one of the dresses but abit paiseh to try cos i dunno if even the biggest size can fit me.

shirley

Hihi soupie,

I've been to the one at Suntec recently, wanted to get a dress for the 2 wedding dinners that I'm attending but the salesgirl attitude sucks totally (pardon my language) so I walked out! Try the one at Centrepoint, service is much better!
happy.gif

abri

Hi everyone!

I came across this forum and so happy to see this thread. I hope to get a rom dress outside the bridal package so went shopping yesterday. But after i tried celia loe's dress... ohhhhh.... sooooo depressing. All looked ugly on me coz i had a big fat tyre!!! Even a size 14 cannot help cover it. SIGH. ;(

Wonder wat design will look good on me. Anyone have any idea? I have not tried daniel yam but intend to go have a look. Hmmm.... u gals have any other places/boutiques to suggest?

soupie

hi abri, i've been to daniel yam at suntec and they only have 2 gowns in XL and they are not flattering for big size pple also. i've gone to Jawn Happy Ever After and fell in love with their MTM dresses! when i was there they showed me both wedding and evening gowns of some big size bride who didn't wanna slim down and they were gorgeous! and they dun compromise design with size. to them, big size doesn't mean wrap everything up but using design and material to hide the flaws, shifting the focus of attention. maybe u can go have a chat with them
happy.gif

i've also called up dang and they have a 688 package consisting of MTM ROM gown, make up, hairdo and bouquet but have not visited them yet.

soupie

btw, i've tried both XL gowns at daniel yam suntec and one make me even fatter and another i can't zip at the bust.

abri

hi soupie,
thanks for the recommendations. today i tried to find daniel yam at centrepoint but i could not find it. Hmmmm..... any idea which floor is it? It is not listed in the shopping centre's directory too. Maybe will try the one at suntec.
Had make an appointment with Jawn and see wat suggestions she will give me.

hi pongpong, yup, i also intend to try dang too. thanks! ;)

flowee

abri

u can consider zann n denn n amanda lee weddings...
i had my rom outfit tailor made by zann n denn...
n my bridal is with amanda lee weddin...
totali agree with soupie tat a gd designer shd b able 2 hide our flaws...
hv fun shoppin!!!

soupie

abri, daniel yam at centrepoint is near the tangs studio shoe shop. from there there's a passageway to go into the inner shops. u have to walk all the way in and on the way u should find daniel yam
happy.gif

shirley

hi soupie,

Sorry to hear about your unhappy experience at daniel yam at suntec. I don't know whether I was lucky or is it they carry different designs at different branches cos that time around august, I went to the centrepoint branch they actually have quite a lot of designs with XL. And my rom dress is even a bit loose.

soupie

hi shirley, maybe they didn't have that many designs especially larger size ones at this time of the year.. btw, which daniel have u visited? maybe different locations have different designs but the salesgirl told me that the fittings/cuttings should be abt the same so altho they have other designs but may not be suitable for me.

mudpie

Hi ladies,

I may be biased, but I love working with the designers at Jawn Happy.Ever.After! They are just so talented and full of great ideas and suggestions.

Abri, I suggest the empire waist; it's been my fave cut from young so I will have the design for my EG. Effect was very good even though my bust is small, but with big hips
happy.gif

I always hear that Daniel Yam dresses are designed for girls with no breasts and hips. They may have large sizes but they may not flatter the more curvaceous figure we have.

Here's wishing everyone a peaceful and happy 2003!!!

soupie

mudpie, yeah and they are so easy to talk to and i feel totally at ease with them. i dun feel like looking around anymore hehhe and they r only the 2nd one i been to..actually i went daniel yam half heartedly, dun intend to get anything there but just try for the sake of convincing myself that i should spend so much on my ROM dress hehehe.

shirley

Hi soupie and mudpie,

I got my dress for rom at the daniel at centrepoint. Perhaps just so happen they have that particular design during that period of time. And I can tell you for sure that it does wonders for my figure
happy.gif
perhaps this is the only one in a million that they have.

Really sorry once again to make you have bad experiences.

Anyway, I'm going to start hunting for a bridal boutique soon. And it seems that jawn happy ever after has very good feedback. Are they really good? They cater for big girls like us? How about Golden Horse ? Anyone heard of their service?

soupie

shirley, u have nothing to be sorry abt
happy.gif
i'm glad that u've found ur dress at daniel, could save a lot of money on tailor made u know
happy.gif

T

tricica

hi all

have been browsing SB forum for quite some time, but this is the 1st posting sthg.
im a big bride too, but hoping to drop some kilos for the sake of vanity....
Just wanted to know if it is too early to source for bridal boutique now if my customary is sometime in 2004? looking at Jawn, Silver Lining, Zann&Denn and Flamingo. Any overall comments on these few places?

flowee

tricia

congrates 4 ur plans 2 get wedded in 04...
4 my case, i check out onli when i had confirmed my weddin date...
among the 4 bridal shops u had shortlisted, i had visited flamingo n zann n denn...

had tried ard 7 gowns durin my visit @ flamingo...
nice cosy shop...
happy.gif

as 4 zann n denn, i had tailor made my rom outfit from them...
suzanne is the one who sew my outfit...
can email mi @ [email protected] if u wana 2 take a look @ it...

tri

Hi flowee, emailed you liao.
holding my breath in anticipation!
happy.gif

this is tricica, using tri as username now

shirley

Dear all
I'm having my wedding in dec 03. Currently trying to search for bridal boutique and hotels to hold dinners at..seems that jawn happy is good, how about gha(tampines).. and also anyone attended dinners at furama hotel before? Coz the new ballroom very impressive leh and they offer cheaper packages than crown prince..

Would appreciate if can have some comments
happy.gif
Thank you in advance..

shirley

hi soupie,

Indeed saved quite a lot, especially when september isn't exactly a month of extra bonuses...hehehee...

blurydoey

same here tri, mine also gone to banks...
oh gals, I found out that pedalworks have shoes sizes up to size 12.So anyone interested can go take a look.I just bought mine at Jurong point.and cheap also..
happy.gif

I found silver lining gowns nice lor.I myself is a focus bride.Not much big gowns there for me to wear.But heng mine is MTM so hopefully will turn out good.
How abt arthur yen?They have sizes up to 14 for certain designs. But so far, I still find that the dresses in ck tang are relatively bigger. Like the local brand forgotten the name liao. How abt Just fashion they also carry bigger sizes from what I heard from my sis.

shirley

hi all,

Just was the first boutique I tried because I heard from my sister-in-law that they have got bigger gowns, but was totally disappointed because first they had very limited designs, then second thing is I couldn't fit into any of their dresses and they do not have XL for most of their designs. This is the one in Northpoint, don't know whether same for all other branches.

soupie

yeah went to see Just at bugis, very limited designs too. sorry to say that but their designs look kinda old :p

flowee

shirley

durin my bridal shoppin, i cant fit well in2 most of the gowns...
if u r gettin mtm gowns, there wont b any prob...
tryin out the gowns is 4 u hv a feel of their cuttin n most impt how u look in a WG...
u can check ard n chat with the designer durin ur visit...
dun commit due 2 hard sellin n package price bein veri attractive...
hv fun 4 ur bridal shoppin!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

abrinas

HI all

I am a big bride too and glad to find this thread. Can I join in 2?

Let me intro myself - My wedding (church & dinner) is in June this year and I m with Seletar Broadway. They did a good job with my MTM WG and EG and I m having my photoshoot (PS) on Monday. Hope the weather is good cos it has been raining quite heavily.

I m now looking for a nice tea dress cos I cannot fit into their OTR. Actually I hv problems in seaching for an outdoor gown too but luckily managed to find one.
lame.gif

tri

hi abrinas

welcome to the thread.... do rem to let us peek at your photos ok?
glad everything is gng well for u
happy.gif

mudpie

Hi Shirley,

Glad you found a great Daniel Yam gown; when you can save money and buy OTR, it's a dream come true! For us, MTM is always when 1)no size and 2) no design OTR!

BTW I'm looking for nice dresses for my bridesmaid; she tall and slim (so envious!) so most local designers' dresses will do. Easier on my pocket too, since I'm jobless again *sigh* Would love some suggestions from you girls
happy.gif

Hey there Tricica,
It's good to start early! I booked my banquet abt 13mths in advance, I know KS but we thought the hotel is the most difficult to find. I was contemplating buying my gown overseas and thus wasted alot of time. Only got my gown done 8 mths before wedding. Do not forget you need at least 6-9mths before photoshoot, which is 2-3mths before wedding date! Give yourself time to research and brainstorm gown designs; it's the most fun part of wedding planning, I think. Susan from Jawn Happy.Ever.After was kind enough to accept me as client and rush out my gowns eventhough she has many May 03 brides!

Therefore it's never too early to window-shop. Research takes time, and with knowledge you will get the best deals, and feel happier in the end. There are many nitty gritty details to take care of, and will cause much friction between you and fiance. So give yourselves time to deal with matters as they arise.

Hello and welcome Abrinas,

I'm a May 03 bride! Where is your church? I'm having my wedding ceremony at the S'pore Art Museum; due to space constraints, can only invite less than 140 guests; got to ruthlessly eliminate guests and it makes me sad cos I want all my good friends to attend.

Any recommendations for good florist? I still cannot find one within my budget of $300-500. Is it too low? Would love to exchange some notes with you!

Hi Blurydoey,

May I know where else can I find Pedalworks? I've got feet bigger than Ronald McDonalds'!!! Size 12! Do they have nice designs? So sick of the designs from Leapin' Lizard. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hope to see more people drop by again!
happy.gif

shirley

hihi all,

Later today will be going down to daniel yam to try my luck again, cos next week my brother-in-law's wedding...will let all of you know whether they have anything new
happy.gif

tri

hi mudpie,

thanks for the advice.......appreciate it
happy.gif

actually still a bit lost as to where to start, since FH is a bit of the passive kind, too chin chai so he says since I am the fussy one, i make decision can liao....
the thing is FMIL still dilly dally about whh dates... really dont know when she will give us the dates so not too sure if start planning now too early or not...
how to tell my FH to ask his mum to hurry up???think he doesnt know know need SO much time to
plan for wedding...dont want to seem like 'desperate to marry' leh
:p

blurydoey

mudpie,
same here my feet also very big, but me very stingy so wont want to spend so much on the shoes since I dun normally wear heels..keke
ok there is 4 branches of pedalworks:at jurong point, amara hotel, tiong bahru plaza,eastpoint.
I be making mine at jurong point, still thinking wheather to make it now cause now got more glitter shoes or wait till my gown fitting to see which height fits my gowns.
Tri,
dun be lost, u can ask any of us we are most willing to help. To get the dates is the first step to do n next set a budget on your wedding dinner n from there u be able to know where to look for your venue.
abrinas,
when is your wedding date? my gf also a selatar bride she is a nov bride.I also very worried abt having prob getting a outdoor gown. on my next appt then I will choose n see got bor.

may2003

hi gals,

u mean peddleworks also custom made shoes? I need to made a pair and leaping lizard is so x. Anywhere to recommend?

shirley

Hi May2003,

PedalWorks do custom make shoes. But I think they don't take in orders now, supposedly to be the peak period. Can try after the cny. Their prices are very reasonable. I made a pair of sandals with heels, for less than $40. Front portion very big
happy.gif
Very worth. But have to give them time to complete.
And one last point to add, you can tell them the design you want.