Ang Pow box & gifts for helpers

ohaiyo

Hullo all,

Would like to make an ang pow box myself. Any great ideas to share. Would be lovely if those who have already married could share their ang pow box pix to me. thanks.

Also, for ur jiemei & xiongdi, what kind of gifts did ur get for them.

Cheers....

R

redbox

hi all

thot i'd share my simple & not so exp method with the ang bao box.

- get a box fr ur office, if u can (the ones that contain 5 reams of A4 photocopy paper)

- get red 'velvet-like' cloth & dark yellow/gold trimmings. Either Spotlight or one of the People's Park shop.

- then just wrap it up like you would a normal present. Remember to wrap the box and the cover separately

- i used double-sided tape to tape the trimming to the bottom edge of the top cover

- if u want it to look nicer, can get tassles and attach to the 4 corners of the cover as well.

hope it helps.

orchid

Hi, just sent you the instructions.

Hi v,
the box can be simple or can be elaborate. the one that i send can look really elaborate if you use really nice cloth. it can also be used to keep all your wedding momentos after that.

ohaiyo

Thks Orchid for all ur help. BTW did u buy any gifts for ur helpers. If so, wat did u get for them?>

orchid

Hi ohaiyo,

The gifts i bought were depending on who it was for.

ushers, receptionists & choir: star-shaped candles
pianist: incense & incense holder
choir conductor: tea pot (cos she loves tea)
coordinator: tea-light lamp
bridesmaids: dress, necklace & bracelet

ohaiyo

Hullo Orchid,

Wow a dress for the bridesmaid?? That's the first time i heard of it cos most of the time pple just buy something small as a token of appreciation. IF i'm ur bridesmaid, will be delighted to receive it from u. BTW when did u present the gift to them?

Thanks so much for ur help.

orchid

Hi,

Just sent the attachment...
happy.gif

orchid

Hi ohaiyo,

my bridesmaids were my cousin and my sister. so i had to pay for their bridesmaid dress & accessories - made sure that it's something they can wear after the wedding. so that was part of my gift to them.

I passed the gifts to my overall coordinator the day before to present it to them after their job is done. at the same time gave my coordinator her gift.

ohaiyo

Hi Orchid,

That's veri thoughtful of u. For me, my bridesmaid would also be my sis, but i din get her a dress, jus tot a token...

Gee....

orchid

Hi blur blur,

Use pen knife, cut a rectangle slot (abt L10cm X B2.5cm) in the middle of the top cover card board. this slot would be big enough for ang baos and cards.

Just sent the attachment!
happy.gif

orchid

Hi everafter,

i dont' have a photo... it's the instruction to make the cloth box. do you still want it?