Ang Bao Box

chibi

Last weekend I visited BOWS, I saw there's a nice Ang Bao box in one of the resturant's booth. It is a red squarish box with a word of "xi" and a Chinese wedding cartoon couple (wearing kua)

Have idea where I can buy those nice ang bao box??

chibi

Hi Bubbles_24: thanks for your info... I will go down and take a look with it
362302.gif

jendome

Hi Jennifer
BLISS is located in 73 Pagoda street, or u can also find such shop in Marina Square, is newly opened.

chibi

Hi Jenn: Thanks for your info, I'll pop down there and take a look...
Do you have idea that where's the location & the shop's name that you mentioned in Marina Square? Thanks :)

bubbles_24

hi jennifer,
the one in marina square is around 2nd or 3rd floor.. but the variety is quite limited. BLISS in Chinatown has much more things and is quite accessible (Chinatown MRT station)

chibi

Hi bubbles_24: Noted with your info with thanks :p

Actually I went to a shop located at Far East Plaza (3rd floor), but their Ang Bao Box's design is quite limited. They only selling those western type, in white / off-white / red colour with flower & ribbon. This shop also have those Chinese wedding acessories, like the "electronic red candles", set of teapot & cup, red packet in wedding design, wedding gifts etc.

chibi

Ya, today I went to the Marina Square's shop to take a look, the varity is very limited ar. Think will go to Chinatown to take a look next weekend

levynn

hi ladies...
if u all have the time, maybe can try to get some friends or sisters to help u make? i DIY my ang bao box, wif some help fr my mum.

364400.jpg

levynn

jennifer...
no problems.
happy.gif
actually it's not very time consuming, esp if u can get help. i got the boxes fr a shop in Bugis Junction, i think it's A B 'N' C, or sth like that. it's on the top floor n sells a lot of stationery.

the bride n groom, ribbons n flowers, i bought fr Spotlight.

have fun!
happy.gif

levynn

hi jingles...
it's up to u whether to use 1 or 2 ang bao boxes. for my case, it's because my mum wants to keep track of the ang baos fr my side so she said to have 2 boxes.

chillipadi25

oh ok thanks, levynn. Since all proceeds go to me and hubbie think we only have one box can liao..anyway is going to be all our returns
happy.gif

levynn

no prob, jingles.
happy.gif
for my case, we let our mum kept abt 5 tables of money coz they asked for 5 tables fr hubby... so straight away minus fr the ang bao money.

chibi

Hi Levynn,

Hmm... at least D.I.Y doesn't waste much $$... heehee...

I currently have 2 small wedding bears, which I bought for my ROM last yr. I can take them to recycle on my AD, haha... thanks for inspiring me :)

But 2 boxes can contain how many ang baos? Or you have cleared a few times...

vvbbb

hi guys,

just wanna share u my experience. I actually asked my wedding coordinator if she could make me angpao box and she did. Of coz i didn't know for sure if she's really the one making it. But at least i've one less thing to worry abt on that day.
So maybe u can nego or ask ur coordinator nicely if she could do that...

papakotyah

Hi all.. am new here.
happy.gif
am also looking for the ang boa box.. happy that i can get the infor from here. Think of save $, wanna DIY but am not creative at all.. :p ..

pierced22

DIY. not too hard to make. juz get some paper and if u thk too plain, ribbon and whatever u want to put. i got mi ideas fr some ppl selling AP box. im not the creative type so if i can do it, muz be simple. here's a pic of it.
368279.jpg

nemo_fc

really necessary to have ang bao box? me will be having church wedding and thereafter a buffet.. still need the box even invites are mostly relatives & close friends..? advise needed?

papakotyah

Hi janf,

Thanks alot..
happy.gif
Ur ang bao box really cute and nice! I like it. Will go cineleisure see see look look. $3.90 is quite cheap, anyway is one time usage only, i dun want to waste $. when is ur AD?

mehmeh_lim

hi Nemo,

it's all right to have an AP box.. Coz most ppl do give APs whether it's church or dinner, as a form of blessing to the couple. better to be prepared than not having one & ur receptionists not knowing where to keep them

Unless u specifically told ur relatives & close frens u prefer gifts to cash gifts, otherwise do expect a mix of the blessings

janf

papkotyah - my AD over in jan06..

nemo - betta to hv a AP box coz ur hub's jacket cant contain so many APs and dun risk losing it ya..

nemo_fc

meh meh, the prob is that i didn't put down the statement "presents would be good but AP would be better" in my invites cards

pierced22

Hi nemo, yup, fine to have an Ap box coz mi frenz who had church weddings had it. most ppl give APs now at church too.

Hi astro girl, thanks. i didnt buy the box at all. i took it from mi office, those A4 boxes to wrap up. juz bought wrapping paper from concourse to wrap. plus some ribbons and flowers from textile centre. coz u really wont reuse the box at all. kinda "xin tong" to tore it all up on AD.
happy.gif

papakotyah

janf,

yesterday went to Cineleisure look for the AP.. but all the boxes r too big otherwise r too small.. dun have the size like yours already..
sad.gif

janf

papakotyah - there are other outlets of MORE THAN WORDS (in causeway point etc). u try search yellowpages for the outlets and see which one nearer for u to visit. worse come to worse, i can lend u mine ya! no worries. whens ur AD?

janf

papakotyah - there are outlets in plaza sing, Lot 1, causeway point, harbourfront ctr and tiong bahru plaza..

papakotyah

janf - wah...thanks alot for the infor. thanks again.. will go to the outlets to look ard then. Hopefully can get one then. my AD is 15/12/06, still long way to go..
happy.gif

papakotyah

janf - so nice of you..okie, will drop u an eamil if i really cant get one..
happy.gif
Oh yeah, i hve create a new thread leh (nice place for outdoor photographing), need some recommendation/opinion/suggestion from you all.

cutedemon

janf & papakotyah,

I went to 'more than words' at tiong bahru to look for the ang pow box on friday. They told me the one janf have already sold out long time ago. Now the one they have is actually doreamon. It's actually not an ang pow box. the hole are at the side of the box.

papakotyah

Hi cutedemon

I also went to the outlet at PS..also sold out. they have same cartoon as janf, but it's too big. One of my hubby's fren juz bought the ang pow box (heart shape)at imm, only for $2. thnk i will go there and take a look lah.

janf

cutedemon - like wat i told papakotyah, if u dun mind using my AP box i can lend it to u gals ya if u can find anythg nearer ur AD.. not a prob.. plus my AP box has brot in good profits.. can pass on the gd luck.. keke..

ysilveer

Hi,
actually, isit a must to have ang bao box? I'm thinking of doing away with it. Heard cases of stolen boxes. worrying.

jhoo

then who should keep the loose angbaos when guests give during the dinner?? then the chances of ang bao lost will be higher...if you get someone reliable to take care and bring it to the room, i dont think ang bao box will be lost...

mehmeh_lim

hi Winnie,

Won't say it's a must. But usually ur guests wld pass u, HB, or parents the APs. U folks wld be bz entertaining guests, or taking pix, so sometimes u might misplace the APs which ur guests want to bless u with

Hmm, i have heard stories fr the net, but none fr ppl I know of. U shd get a reliable person IC of the AP box & then her HB, BF or gd male fren to accompany her wherever she goes with the AP box.

mars78

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for sharing, may i know how u place the flowers tog, use glue? which kind huh? i m thinking of DIY myself as well.

Thanks

huiz

Hi Sandra,

U got the roses and lace from Spotlight?

Here's my DIY ang pow box for sharing too.... the bears are also DIY-ed. I crocheted them....

398038.jpg

hapict

huiz
oh my goodness how did u manage to DIY?? so nice!!

hotel i booked with said some brides took their angbao box n din return cos so nice. haha

huiz

Hi hapict,

Slowly do bit by bit lor. Started with making the bears first, then dress them and in the end wrapped the styrofoam pieces and the box with cloth. Last came the assembly.

U can check out my collection of DIY wedding crafts at www.huiz.shutterfly.com

When is your AD? Which hotel have u chosen?