Ananda Travel, anyone?

aleixis

Hi Happystar,

Wow...great to find someone who will be travelling on the same tour as us.
happy.gif

Thanks for letting me know about the Mt Titilus maintenance and closure thing. I guess if it is closed for maintenance, there is nothing much we can do about it.
sad.gif

As for the increase in the fuel surcharge, i believe that all airlines do it this way and the tour manager already prepared us before we signed up that there may be some adjustments later. However, she said that because our flight is a direct flight to Frankfurt, the fuel surcharge should not be that high. I called up Ananda today and although i didnt speak to the tour manager, the person on the line checked and told me that the taxes is now $270. So, an increase of $20.

On the optional tour, the tour manager also informed us before we signed up. The cost of this tour is about S$250. I know that CTC includes this in their package. However, we evaluated other aspects of their package together with the price, departure dates, no. of local meals, etc. etc. and decided on Ananda.

happy.gif

merryberrys

i think u supposed to light the lamp before gg back to ur parents' place after u've had tea cerremony at his place.. =)

momikoko..ya... the FV thread..i met the pple there...play mj b4...
u wanna join?hehe ur AD 1st Jan? me 1 week after urs...hehe

fion

Hi momikoko,

no prob.. can come over my plc to view pics and shun bian Play MJ! HAHAHHAHAA...
happy.gif

Hi Berry,

yeah yeah so qiao.. we are neighbours.. and traveling wif the same agency.. to the same plcs.. jus a waste that not the same departure datte! haha..

merryberrys

yalo... too bad nvr go same date...
but i will meet this momikoko... during the trip...
now its my wedding preps...dun think have much time to play mj liao...
ok go ur hse one day view pics ok? i haven seen my pics yet too..

happystar

Hi Aleixis,

Increase $20 still not that bad, hope they won’t increase again.
Left 1 mth to yr AD, how’s yr wedding preparation?

momikoko

hey babycupid..think most likely if go your hse cld be nex year liao. cos by oct u will be bz with your HM, by the time you are back berry and myself will also be bz with our AD prep.

berry...wow.. so your HM is really straight after your AD and the stay at your hotel hor. then you must start to pack your luggage very early liao. when will be your ps?

aleixis

Hi Happystar,

I also hope so. My wedding preparations? Ok....still got small little things that needs to get sorted out....but almost done. Luckily, i will have a few days after our AD to pack for the HM trip. So, dont have to prepare for that.
happy.gif

When is your AD?

happystar

Hi Aleixis,

Me oledi married...lucky still within 1 yr fr wedding so manage to get the HM discount
happy.gif

By the way, i saw in yr previous msg about changing for krisflyer miles, did they allow u to do so?

merryberrys

momikoko,ya i think will pack beforehand...after go back home from hotel..got some time to pack too..
ya straight from my AD i will go for HM
my PS? took oredi 2 weeks ago..how abt u?
the HM discount muz show them the invitation cards right?

aleixis

Hi Aleixis,

Ahhhh...ok, i understand.
happy.gif
So already a happily married couple. Is this your first HM or second HM?
happy.gif

Yeah, i managed to change my krisflyer miles. Ananda never had a problem with me buying only the land package. The only problem was whether i had sufficient miles and whether i was able to get the seats on the same flight.

Anyway, have already got Krisflyer to issue the airticket yesterday. Needed to get it issued before some of my miles expired. The only problem was that i was not able to redeem the ticket online (to save 15%) because we are flying to Frankfurt and flying back from Amsterdam. So, it is not exactly two way. COuld redeem 2 single way tickets but the # of miles required will be higher. In the end, had to use 70,000 miles to convert for a ticket (to and fro).
happy.gif

happystar

Hi Aleixis,

Wow !!! Good for u that u can change yr krisflyer miles, u must be a frequent traveller to have accumulate so much miles?

This trip can be considered 2nd HM, we went to USA for 1st HM also with Ananda. Ananda provide us a good tour guide, that guy is on freelance, but does give us good impression for Ananda. So we r quite comfortable to go with Ananda again, somemore they provide good package & HM discount, as wat u mentioned earlier. Hope we can also get a good tour guide for this trip...

aleixis

Hi Happystar,

Yeah, this is actually my first time i have redeemed for a Europe ticket. I have redeemed for KL tickets before. Yeah, i travel pretty frequently .

Wow....2nd HM very good leh!
happy.gif
I am also crossing my fingers that we will get a good tour guide!
happy.gif

Hi Mooniiie,

The HM discount was something which was offered during the Natas Fair. I am not sure whether they are still offering it after the fair. The HM discount per couple that time was $168 off the package.

momikoko

hey berry....wow so your ps taken already eh...mus be so fun and exciting ya! my is in oct...akan datang..i better recover before that man...cos i just had a very bad cough and sore eyes for the past 2 weeks.
huh? HM discount? no leh i didnt show them any invitation cards wor..i sign up before the natas fair..it was their in-house fair at suntec

spring_05

Hi,

I'm also interested with Ananda's package to Paris, Switz & Italy. Plan to go in Nov. The staff of Ananda told us that it's still Autumn in November. Had anyone been there? Appreciated if you could share the experience with me...

mooniiie

hi aleixis,

did you get the HM discount during the recent natas fair on 10th and 11th sept 2005??
coz i also booked my tour with them then, but they did not mention anything about HM discount =(

luvlygal

Hi Aleixis,
They also didn't mention HM discount when i signed up ler...can I get rebate from them after showing them my invitation card? Any idea?

merryberrys

hi all...they did not mention to me abt the discount...but it was stated in their booklet that if u travel HM den u get it...but muz show them ur invitation cards/marriage cert?...

aleixis

Hi mooniie & Christina,

We saw it advertised or displayed very prominently on their banners/boards at the Natas Fair. Thats why i asked them about it. I believe i also saw it in some booklet as well.

Why dont you call them up and ask them? YOU havent paid everything in full, right? Just bring down your invitation card. Should be ok.

aleixis

Hi Christine,

No harm trying though. Nothing to lose anyway. They should still give you the discount since you purchased the package during the Natas Fair. Maybe you can use the 'credit' to offset against any optional tours or something.

fion

Harlow all,

fyi, the HM discount is not entitle if u travel wif Qatar air.. cos they did not mention to us oso.. but my hubby saw and asked them abt it.. we were told that Qatar is not entitled.. if SQ, blah blah den can..

mooniiie

hi gals,

i've called up ananda... the person told me HM discount is only valid for long haul trips.. such as europe.
hmmm but does any of you know wat's the time limit after rom for this offer to be valid?

happystar

Hi Mooniiie,

Sori 4 my late reply, i was told the time limit is 1yr from wedding date, can show either ROM cert or dinner invitation card, but not sure other flights/trips can get the discount...

So when u going Korea?

aleixis

Hi all,

Thats funny. I didnt realise that the HM discount was only available for long haul flights or packages only. Hmmm.....

mooniiie

hi happystar,

i'm going on 21st dec 05 =)

hi aleixis,

you mean you managed to get HM discount for other destinations?
if so, then i gotta call up and enquire again... to double confirm hahahha

or has anyone else called?

merryberrys

HUH?! travel by Qatar cannot??!
WHY? what u mean long haul trip? babycupid so u cannot get the HM discount since u travel by Qatar...anyway i no choice no other flights avail for SQ...

aleixis

Hi Mooniie,

Mine was for the Switzerland, Paris, etc package (SQ). What i meant was that i didnt notice that there was any restrictions stated on the banner. That was why i was surprised lor.

little_woman

Hi Aleixis,

Me n my hubby just back from our honeymoon in Spain two weeks ago n weren't told on the discount. Wonder wat they will say if i called to ask? We signed up before NATAS n the co-ord promised to amend our package prices accordingly if the prices r more attractive at NATAS. Now they can't provide us with the NATAS package prices at all. Feel like the co-ord is giving empty promises...

Anyone here signed up 13D Spain n Portugal trip at NATAS? Can provide the package price?

blurfairy

Hi babycupid,

I am also traveling to Switz/Paris on 25 Oct by Ananda! Was browsing the forum for postings on whether to go for the optional tour to jungfrau...then saw your posting under the switz thread...was still wondering if you are same tour as me cos you also flying on 25..came to this thread then hey! you are! :p...yeh..got company lor..then we can help each other to take pic
happy.gif
..but i got married last year so this is not my HM trip...

So anyone else on the same tour as us? So have you decided to go for the optional jungfrau tour?

blurfairy

Babycupid,did you go for the briefing last saturday? they upgraded the airline from qatar to emirates...so will you be entitled the HM discount?

Anyway, i was toking to this collegue of mine who flew by Qatar this year...she said that is basically a no frills airline..the service on the plane is ok...but the transiting at dohar was not pleasant..cos their airport quite small, and there were no place to sit down and rest!! so she was commenting that i was lucky to be able to fly my emirates instead...

jozy

Hi Charmaine (little_woman) ,

Wonder if you are still around...How was your trip with spain and portugal? You flew by turkish airlines? How many pax minimum to travel at your time?

makino

Hi all,

Can share your recent HM experiences with Ananda? I'm comparing them with SA and it seems they are slightly cheaper. But so far, I haven't heard much about how good they are in Europe.

jozy

I am still waiting for my refund from ananda after they said there were 3 pax on the spain and portugal tour. ended up they said only 2 of us and we are still waiting for the refund.

I would rather choose chan brothers or sa. Regretted my choice.

greenteajuice

Since this thread is on Ananda Travel, thought of giving my 2 cents worth of experience. Went for a 7D6N Korea trip with Ananda in Dec 05' and it was one of the worst travel experience of my life.

The local tour guide they appointed in Korea was terrible and we almost had a fist fight in the airport as the tour guide refused to return our passports. Anyway to cut a long story short, the trip was not enjoyable. And to add insult to injury, when we came back to S'pore, we lodged a complaint with Ananda Travel and their customer service is really appalling. In fact we are still waiting for an explanation from Ananda on the way we were treated during the trip and it's been 3 months and they still refuse to acknowledge our emails and phone calls.

I'm sure other ppl had good experience with this agency, but my tour group did not. In my opinion, I will not travel with this agency even if they were to offer me free packages. Once again, this is really my experience, pls use your own discretion.

carmenlee

I'm waiting for my refund too...

Ananda cancelled our booking due to the outbreak of bird flu in Turkey during CNY period. They told me we will get our refund within one month through our bank.. but till now we still haven't received... tried to call their ppl, the attitude is not good too..

In fact, this's the first time joining this travel agency.. but i think i will not join them again..

tsubame

I also have experience of last minute cancellation by Ananda too years ago. We booked with them during NATAS fair, then later because short of 1 pax to form a group, they cancelled, and didn't even bother to suggest alternatives, although there are other groups, albeit slightly different itinery, going to our destination too around our departure date. We had to go book last minute with Chan Bro, and had to pay $300 more than if we had booked during the NATAS fair. We had a very enjoyable trip with Chan, so it might had been a lucky break for us.

Also, since me and my friends look like students, everytime we go Ananda, nobody wanna service us. We will go in and wait for a staff to be available, but older couples or family that come in after us always get greeted and served promptly. Even when me and hubby check out their tours with them at NATAS fair, they also like don't take us seriously cos we look like young couple.

Everytime we thought this time might be better and give them a chance, it doesn't happens. Now, we dun bother to try Ananda at all. Given the bad experiences by Ryes and greentea, looks like they still haven't improved.

lsbb13

Hi...

Anyone had experience with Ananda for trip to Taiwan?? Please enlighten me....as i had booked a package with them liaoz...

jozy

Hi carmen and green tea, I guess we arent just the few who had bad experience with them. There are people who have good experience with them, but I guess we just had bad luck.

The old man who served us said he has seen many cases whereby end up the couples quarrel due to insufficient tour pkg. And that he know it is for our honeymoon and said he will help, but ended up? I dislike them not being honest upfront.

I'm still waiting for my refund to date. It is already 1 month.....I have made my bookings with Chan brothers for the same tour I made with ananda and have received much better service.

lsbb13

Hi Ryes,

What do you meant by insufficient tour pkg?

What trip you refering to ? You meant they ended not enough ppl have to cxl the trip?

PLease advise.

metta

Hi Tale,
I went to Taiwan with Ananda last Dec. My colleauge also went with them in Nov. Was quite pleasant & Ananda's service was ok. Hubby & I enjoyed ourselves. But I heard that they are no longer using the same Taiwan agents. Still, since you are travelling on package with at least 20 other pp , just have to be mentally prepared for all types of people lor. I would say just need to be tolerant of each other, tour guide included!.

lsbb13

Hi Metta,...

Thanks a lot....luckily got you to post such info to me...if not i am so worried after hearing negative feedback from my frens....

Care to comment abt their hotels included? which package did u take?

metta

Hi Tale,
i took the 7d Taiwan pkg. went round the island. hotels are quite alright. i remember the last hotel room was quite big, with a little living room too (with writing desk and side table, no sofa). i nvr knew there were such negative comments before i signed up. my relatives went with Ananda before and they all had pleasant trips. They told me Ananda provides better meals, which I'm really impressed with. We went for this lunch at a little 'herb farm' on the mountain (the day we went to pluck oranges) and the food was heavenly...I still salivate at the thought of it.. yum yum... it's a cosy little restaurant and has wonderful blend of european/taiwanese feel abt it. The food was so fresh and they bake fresh biscuits as part of dessert. I hope it's still part of the package for you! The place is called 'Xiang1 Cao3 Tian2 Yuan2' or "Dreamherbs" in english.

lsbb13

Hi Metta,

My packagae was the 7D floral experience....
Is it the same as your?? Me too...i didn't noe abt negative comments too..aft i signed up...

Luckily got you..to boost up my confidence again.. : D

My intinery is the chuo lan fruit farmland..wonder if it's the same place? Thanks leh...really...but the last 2 days of my pkg is 4 star hotel...dun noe good or not...SIGH....have to wait and see how lor...