Ananda Travel, anyone?

babystar

Hi,

I've booked with Ananada Travel to for 7D Japan in early Nov, flying by JAL.

Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks!
happy.gif

metta

Hi!
I also booked with Ananda to Taiwan in late Dec. Their pkg is a bit more ex than others but I heard the meals they provide are better. Hope it's true! Which part of Japan are u going to?

fion

Hi!

I also booked with Ananda to Switzerland and Paris in Oct. I have compared their package with SA and Chan, still find Anandas is better.. this is my 1st time with them.. do not koe hw is their service..

babystar

Hi metta,

I booked the package is Central japan, will fly to Osaka n then go to Tokyo.

hi babycupid,
did u booked urs via their fair?

I booked it via their fair at Suntec last Sunday. It was kinda of 'impulsive'? hehe
My hubby did a simple comparison and the iterniary of Ananda is what we want n so we juz book it.

momikoko

hey babycupi!!

i've also booked with ananda to switz + paris...but in Jan 06 lah. let me know more abt ur trip when u are bck ya...kekeke
happy.gif

cute_devil

Hi, i'm interested w/ ananda's package to Switz, Italy- Paris too. It's true that their package is more expensive than others.
But feel that their itinerary is juz nice.

any comments for their service so far?

jozy

hi everyone,

I am planning to go switz, italy and paris during march, what's the season there?

momikoko

hi chloe/ryes,

dont knw hw's the season in march...but when i planned to go switz + paris + italy, the ananda travel agent was very professional and advised us not to include italy in jan as the weather is bad and thus coaching will be more hectic and long hours. as such we wont hv much quality time to njoy the attractions in italy. so dont waste $$$... ;)

momikoko

hello ryes,

u asking me?? anyway...i booked at the fair. for that period per pax is $1988 exclude tax for 10 days

metta

I just received the latest UOB brochures and saw there is a 7D Taiwan with Ananda Travels, with $50 discount per couple. Called up to check and they quoted $998 per person (exclude tax), which is $973 after discount. I got the package at $958 at their fair.

But still, their package is so more ex than other agencies and compared to F&E. Hope i made the decision

metta

I just received the latest UOB brochures and saw there is a 7D Taiwan with Ananda Travels, with $50 discount per couple. Called up to check and they quoted $998 per person (exclude tax), which is $973 after discount. I got the package at $958 at their fair.

But still, their package is so more ex than other agencies and compared to F&E. Hope i made the right decision

jozy

Yoz momikoko,

thanks thanks, ah, okay, so is about 2K per person, so i have to start saving up for honeymoon liao...

momikoko

yelo ryes,

ya there about if you are planning for europe trip. confirm more then 2k per pax loh. well...honeymoon mah..so muz go somewhere far and romantic mah....
happy.gif

fion

hi all,

ya lor.. europe trip is abt 2k n above one.. consider cheap already.. rite anot momikoko... :p

aleixis

Hi,

Did anybody check out Ananda Travel at the Natas Fair which started today? I went with my FH, determined to settle our honeymoon plans since my AD is nearing.

Anyway, because we wanted to fully utilise our leave, we went around seeing if there were any Europe packages with our preferred departure dates. We checked out bigger travel agents like Chan Brothers, CTC, SA Tours, Tradewinds, and Ananda.

After comparing everything, both my FH and I felt more comfortable with the package from Ananda and we ended up booking the 13D package to Switzerland/Paris/Amsterdam. Why? Flights are SQ direct flights; and that will allow me to change my krisflyer miles for 1 airticket to save $$, so a SQ flight would be good; alot more local meals than Chinese meals included. The tour guide who was servicing us was also very knowledgable and clear about every detail in the itinery (unlike 2 to 3 other agencies i visited where they had to keep refering to their files/papers or to their colleagues for every question we asked). The min size of the group to go is 10 and there was already 6 confirmed pax (before Natas fair). So, with us in; will be 8 so the chances of the date being confirmed is alot higher.

Dont want to risk the chance or stress of having to source for another trip 2 weeks before my departure. :p

For those looking to source and confirm their honeymoons, should go check out the Natas Fair. Think it is worth it especially if you are determined to walk out with your honeymoon all settled.
happy.gif
Good luck!

momikoko

yo babycupid!!!

yeah man...u're rite! we're rite! ^5 kekeke

hi aleixis

hip hip hooray..to another satisfied couple with Ananda Travel!!!
happy.gif

aleixis

Hi Momikoko,

Yeah....definitely very satisfied with their service so far. Never taken a package with Ananda Travel though, so am hoping that their tour managers/guides are just as nice as the lady that explained the itinery during the fair to us.
happy.gif

momikoko

hello aleixis,

same here..let us all cross our fingers together and hope everything go as smoothly as poossible ya. Especially our AD and not forgetting our HM to Europe!!!

luvlygal

Hi ladies,

i'm oso one of Ananda travel's 1st time customer.
Just signed my honeymoon package with them last Sat.
As one of the travel manager told me, they have a lot of experience for Europe tour.

aleixis

Hooray!
happy.gif
I called the tour manager who served us last Friday and she said that the departure date we signed up for is already confirmed to go!! So happy!

Hi Christina,

Which Europe package did you sign up for? How was the crowd on Saturday at the Fair? I went on Friday...it was crowded but still ok.

luvlygal

Hi Aleixis,
I signed up 10days trip to Turkey. Saturday very crowded.
Ananda was my 1st station, i straight away sign up with them didn't compare with other travel agent already. B'cause i found the price almost the same.
As the tour manager said they have 10years history for Turkey trip, so i trust them.
I will only confirm my departure date by this Thursday.

babystar

Hi,

Juz curious, did anybody check out Ananda's 7D central japan package?
What's their price during the NATAS fair coz i was out of town so didnt manage to check the price.

Thanks!
happy.gif

babystar

Hi Snowy Casper,

The price quoted to us was $1783 included the tax, fuel surcharges etc. The fuel surcharge subjected to increase fuel fluctuations. Meaning, if the fuel price increase, we'll need to top up.

R u also looking for Japan packages?

aleixis

Hi BabyCupid,

My package is about $2,800 (excl airport tax). That is before the $169 per honeymoon couple discount.

HOw about yours? What is your package and how many days?
happy.gif

momikoko

hey aleixis,

sorry for the late reply..has been very bz lately. My AD is 1st Jan 06 and HM on the 10th Jan. wat abt urself?
happy.gif

ferngully

i been with ananda for 2 trips. turkey in 2003 and india in 2004.

turkey was a group package tour while india is a package but 2 to go tour i.e. you have ur own driver and guide following you in a small car if only 2 of u

both satisfactory..hey..otherwise i won't join a second time..hee. for 2 to go, they usually let u choose 3, 4 or 5*. 5* rates is only couple of hundreds more, and thinking of the difference in hotel breakfasts...i find the 5* more worth it
happy.gif

aleixis

Hi Momikoko,

Mine is 27 Oct and HM is 1 Nov.
happy.gif
You still have some time to your AD. How's your preparations so far? Everything going smoothly?

momikoko

hello aleixis

wow...akan datang leh ur AD...you must hv done most of the prep already ya. photoshoot shd be over already too? Muz share your HM expedition when you are back ok?
happy.gif

yeah man...so far so good lah. im one of the lazy bride so like nothing much to do. next wk will be going for my 2nd fitting + trial makeup.

momikoko

hello berry

oh really ar!! datz good!! oso for your HM?? yooohooo...so you are the number wat couple who booked for that date, any idea?
happy.gif

suisui

Hello all,
I also booked with Ananda. 7 days Tasmania, depart on 25 oct. I kinda like the package, and the 4 star hotel arrangement, though its quite ex. Unfortunately, the tour is yet to be confirmed. Currently I heard that there are only 5 pple, and they need 10 to travel...haiz.. so if this cannot be confirmed I have to quickly think of a contingency plan lo.. you girls care to share more abt the packaeges you have got and travel during that period??

happystar

Hi Aleixis,

Pardon me for writing to u out of sudden.

I happened to c yr message n get to know that u signed the 13D package to Switzerland/Paris/Amsterdam with Ananda. So coincidence that i'm also on the same package departure also on the same date 1 Nov 05.

So things to share with u:

I saw on Mount Titlis website (http://www.titlis.ch/001tit_0201_en.htm) that they having maintenance on 2-18 Nov 05. According to Ananda, they will bring us to Mount Pilatus (http://www.pilatus.ch/default.asp?sprache=E) if Titlis is close. Seems like Titlis more interesting, but no choice if closed.

There also a Mount Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe) (http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-73/319_read-2223/) guess that is for free day optional tour at Interlaken.

Actually i went to USA with Ananda last year. The tour guide was good, but he was a freelance. When we at the airport b4 departure, Ananda wanted us to pay extra $ due to SQ increase fuel surcharge. Quite unfair for us as we already settled the full payment n already on the way to departure. They say can pay when we return, so we act blur lor, lucky they did not call us up to pay for the extra $ when we returned, heehee.

Don't know whether they will want us to pay extra $ for this trip to Europe as SQ will increase their fuel surcharges for tickets sold and issued on/after 14 Sept 05.

merryberrys

momikoko i think including us, we have 6 in the grp...hope can reach 10-15 so got tour guide somemore...
but i think for switz...CTC covers Mount Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe) which ananda nvr covers...i din book CTC coz the date not suitable...
i going hm too... hee seems like we will meet each other during that day... keke hi hi!

fion

wow.. seems like many postings here yeah... keke..

Hi Aleixis,

Mine will be dep on oct 25 10d to swiss and paris.. paying at $2088.. bk during their fair.. keke.. anyone happens to be the same dept date and destination wif me?!?
happy.gif

merryberrys

hey momikoko... ya feeling excited we are together in the tour...hehe hope it can meet the 10 pple...i will call up to check with them...

babycupid..please share with us the trip hor after u went... ur AD juz over is it? or Oct? u flying by Qatar is it?

fion

Hi berry,

yeah yeah.. flying with qatar.. nvr fly wif them b4.. dunno hw issit like.. so far feedback not too bad.. keke.. sure.. will update u guys once i am back... hopefully its an enjoyable one.. kekeke..

fion

Hi mooniiie,

I did not.. this is my 1st time traveling with ananda.. but my frend did for his HM last yr to Korea.. not too bad.. they did not complain lor.. so shld be quite ok..
happy.gif

momikoko

berry...berry!!

i kpo abit....babycupid AD over liao loh...hmmm when ar think was june..keke.. when she's back frm her trip...we all go her hse and view fotos yaya..!!
happy.gif

>>>Babycupid...dun mind me kpo 4 u hor hor...heehee

merryberrys

i dun mind...babycupid hse juz opposite my house there only...hehe...
momikoko where u living?hehe getting excited...
i knew alot brides-to-be or gal friends thru this forum leh...

mooniiie

thks babycupid =)
can set my mind in peace heheheh...
coz only hear good comments about chan bros and SA tours mah...