Amore Instructors - Who's the Best?

ning

Saw that many members of this forum frequent Amore, and a lot of time, it's the instructors who make the difference. So who's the best in your mind? Let's share our experiences!

cassie

Jolene, 1030 sun bugis. although her routines have lots of turning and facing different directions, so it does get confusing
happy.gif
but that's what makes doing them fun
happy.gif

foodie

hi all
been with amores some time now.
personally like
chris - kb (fri 6.30 bugis village)
pilates - haiping (fri 12.30 cineleisure), chris 12.30 thurs bugis junction)

ning

I started with cindy for LO, then Mary for HiLo.. last time not so active so always go regular timings thus same instructor.. CIndy's classes are very shiong but effect is good... after that I moved to do KB and now i only do KB haha.. like it a lot
happy.gif

Chris's KB is quite fun... Anyone go for Ray's classes?

cody

oh yah, cindy is gooooooood!
very xiong indeed, and she's always saying "Strong arms strong arms!"

okeanosmao

went for ray n chris KB classes before.
i think both hv different style of teaching, can say ray's is more shiong..can stil tahan chris class but ray's abit shag liao after his class..
last time TB, i always go michelle (NB), cindy (LO/Hilo)..nw TB hv shifted n i no longer go amore liao.

foodie

hi ning
haha ray's classes always booked!! one week in advance also sometimes cannot get slot
happy.gif
he's popular...
his kb class is fun! try booking in advance

esp

Agree with foodie that Ray's KB is good. Really miss his class (been stopping for sometime) Chris is also not bad for Pilates (he explain in details for pilates beginner class), Cindy's pilates is siong.

ning

foodie: haha yeah i know his classes must bk in advance, so far i manage to get slots :p so do u still go to his classes now? which days u go?

okea: agree that both different styles, both got good pts i guess!

ssl

I've tried Chris Yoga at Toa Payoh on Saturday (11am).

Used to fear male instructor but after attending his Yoga class, I actually enjoyed it.

May I know where does Chris teach Pilates Beginner's class??

ning

hi SSL, i am not sure leh.. but u can check at any amore outlets.. they have the schedule posted on the boards which shows what classes each instructor teaches.. i have never tried yoga or pilates, cos right now i on aerobics package, so i only going for cardio classes
happy.gif
good to know that you are having fun! There are only 2 male instructors, Chris and Ray, both are nice people, so no need to scared... Chris is very approachable and helpful.. oh i think there is a new instructor called David i think.. saw his name somewhere but not sure.. heard other members comment that Cindy's classes are good as well... so what other classes u go to besides yoga and pilates?

ssl

Hi ning

Sometimes I do go for Lo Impact class. Either at Bugis or Woodlands.

I been to the one on Tuesday at 7pm. Very packed one. Need to reserve place. Not sure if the female instructor name is Sharon. But its siong but fun lor.

Prefer Yoga cos its more relaxing for me.
happy.gif

jaz811sg

Hi! I've just joined, and I like Michelle Hi/lo and New Body classes. I attend her classes at Orchard on Wed 6.30 and Thur 7.00. Would try out some of the good instructors that all of you mention, especially Cindy. She seems to be mentioned alot of times
happy.gif

ning

SSL, have u found out where Chris teaches pilates? you do know that there is this table in all amore outlets that specify which lessons taught by who right?

ssl

Hi ning

Ya i know in Amore they have this timetable that indicates which instructor teaching that class.

I've not check out where Chris teach. Wont be going for exercise for the time being as was advised by doctor to stay away from exercise for the time being. Knee cap problem.
sad.gif

ning

hi SSL!

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.. i have some friends who have stopped exercising for some time and also experiencing same problem with the knee cap.. rest well yeah?? try not to go for high impact exercises, workouts such as step aerobics are not good for knees as well.. even jogging is not so good... I guess ur doc will be able to advise you what kind of exercise suits you
happy.gif
by the way, you can join us on the page "Amore Anyone??" we're quite active there
happy.gif

foodie

yo gals
answers to the various questions posted above
happy.gif

1 ) there is a time table at bugis village branch which lists out all classes att various branches and intructor names

2) think chris's beginner pilates is ay orchard cineleisure on MON at 8.30pm...but think his classes are pretty basic usually. those interested in pilates also can try haipings classes fri at orchard

3) and cindy...she has this wonderful toned figure that is to die for..she is damn fit and she pushes the class to do more repetitions...so very siong sometimes! so be mentally prepared if u go for her classes.

hope that helps
happy.gif
)

ning

hi foodie... you never answer my questions leh, so sad...
sad.gif
anyway i asked you if u still go for ray's classes and what classes you normally go
happy.gif

ssl

Hi ning

happy.gif
thanks. yah, saw that thread very active. too fast for me cos i dont always log in. Heehee. Will take a peep though

jaspeng

hi all,

I do not know if this thread is still active.

Btw, i personally find that Bong's class is fun. The steps are confusing but that what make the class fun.

wling

Hi all,

Seems like you gals had such fun discussing the instructor/instructress in Amore...
I had read thru all u gals had written & i found all very true...
100% agree!
I was wondering if any of you had gone for Mathew's SW on sunday at Cineleisure? It is very challenging.. very worth it to try but have to be very persistant cos a lot of turning...

lindt

Personally, I enjoy Matthew's SW class @ Cine on sun. His style is very different from the other SW instructors. Very cardio n even though it takes time to master, cos alot of variation moves, you will get hooked on to it...He's one of the best so far.

ednamode

any nice instructor being recommended in wdls???
i am keen on trying at amore :D

and by the way, who went to amore at woodlands???

revlis

i think agnes is good (Sat 2.30 or 3pm KB at east point) .. not too sure if she still there cos i have not been there for quite some time hee :p
i like her KB.. first 5-15mins already sweat like mad liao
happy.gif

aphrodite

Hi,

Just shifted to Sengkang. Any good yoga/pilates instructor there? Tried the yoga class on sat morning (can't remember the instructress name), and found it quite boring.

newbbi79

Halo,

actually there are a number of good instructors there lor, Ray, Rasol,Clarisse, Desiree,Brancy lor ;p.

pink_tulip

Hi!
Just being curious... how do you all find Pauline, Agnes K and Michelle? I have not attended other instructors' lessons. So far, only these 3. I find them good too.
happy.gif
I have just started my package. Looking forward to every session!

geminian

Hi gals,

I'm a new member but too lazy to start going for lasses... thinking of getting a personal fitness instructor (special promo price of about $100 for 3 sessions) to get me started... Any recommendations which instructor is good?

godcreation

Hi Pink_tulip

Pauline, Agnes K and Michelle are very senior instructors. They are very well versed in their fitness knowledge. Unlike the newly joined instructors, go bang bang and try to hype up the beat without safety. The old birds are very much in safety, progression at you own pace and strong foundation.

pink_tulip

hi godcreation!

So nice to have you respond to my posting!!!
happy.gif
Thanks!

Do you work out at amore too?

About 3 months already... I have attended cindy c, pauline, bong, agnes k, ghani, michele and jovalene's lessons. I attend pauline's most often.
happy.gif

pink_tulip

hi beautiful!

Thanks too!
happy.gif
Yes, Bong is good. However, I heard that his classes are very crowded, so i don't go for his lessons, though would very much like to!

beautiful

i happened to attend one class which he was the replacement instructor. that's where i got to know him and enjoyed his class, unlike some of the other male instructors
happy.gif

pink_tulip

Beautiful

OIC. Same here. the one and only lesson by Bong that I have attended was also becos he stood in for another instructor. I do intend to go for his lessons more often.
happy.gif

godcreation

Hi pink_tulip

I am an old member with amore for at least 3 years. I follow Agnes K's class last time but she has very few classes now. Heard she recently got married and went honeymoon. I just attended her Yoga class last wednesday, gosh, she looks gorgeous after she comes back. A lot more fresher. Its a pity she dropped many classes at Amore.

pink_tulip

hi beautiful!

Which class do you go to most often? For me, it's LO and NB for now. Yes, most likely we were in the same class. Bong was there to stand in for agnes k right? how long have you been attending classes there?

have a nice day!