Amore Fitness Membership

yoz

Hi I am a newbie here. I am interested in joining Amore. Basically I will like to attend classes and do some gym workouts. What's the rate for Amore (that cater to both my needs) nowadys

Is Amore opening a new branch at JP?

naoki

Hi yoz

yes they are starting classes at jurong point in may...

if you are free on 13th may, you can come and join in power launch. (i think the original date 6th May has been changed to 13th due to Polling day). You can call up amore Parkmall 67321822 to reserve a place. You can then try cardiolatino, cardioblitz and bodblitz...there will be some promo offer. BTW if you have friends in amore, you can ask them to go with you... your friend might get some benefits too.

See you at amore!

juz_dimp

i am interested to join the amore branch at jurong point..as i live in jurong...my dream has come thr..a lazy member tat has lagged for 4 years..haha

feel like signing the unlimited lesson for 3 months..at $346.50...
anyone live in jurong..want to join me as buddy??

naoki: the free power launch is confirmed free on 13th may?

pls advice
tks

dolphin48

naoki, u going for the power launch? i most prob go in the morning if they have cos i stay around there but afternoon cannot go cos got wedding dinner to attend. i want to try the cardioblitz, cardiolatino leh.... bodblitz is like NB is it? you know who is teaching?

naoki

No Juz.. not free... non members i think must pay $8...+ gst... but is good if you can go, try out those 3 classes. Classes lined up at JP :
Mon : 10.30 (Lo), 6-9 (Lo, Hi/lo and SF)
Tue : 10 (Hi/lo), 3.30 (CL), 6.30-8.30 (BB and SB)
Wed : 10.30 (BB), 12 (lo), 7-9 (KB and pilates)
Thu : 10 (Lo), 3.30 (KB), 6.30-9.30 (320D, SW, Yogasana)
Fri : 9.30-11 (SB and free ABT), 12.30 (SF), 7-9 (CL and hiphop)
Sat : 10.30-2.30 (CB, SF and Lo), 3-4 (S/intro and SW)
Sun : 10.30 (BB), 1-3.30 (320T, KB, Free ABT)

for info on the type of class, you can go to amorefitness.com to have a look

naoki

hi daphne

I not going... it's long weekend and mother's day round the corner...
happy.gif
I have already attended CL and will be there for BB and CB on polling day when the new schedule starts in May

yuki31

Hi,

can I know for tonite LO and NB which is better?
if i am goin for LO and gym, do I have to inform the staffs? got any time limit for 1 visit to Amore?

yuki31

Hi naoki,

any idea who teaching KB at Parkmall this sunday?
is it good? i nvr attended KB class ... a bit afraid unable to cope

naoki

Hi yuki

both lo and nb is slow/low impact type of exercise, where nb focus on strengthening of your basic big muscles. So can try both at 1 go, they will not tire you. 1st visit is i believe you are referring to a day trial... then there will be no limit to how many hours you spend in there (it works the same if you are holding a the uob lady's card)

If you miss the power launch, of coz u can still go for workout on another day (no limits to number of classes) if u use uob lady's card. Currently the april promo is using posb or dbs to attend a few specified classes (stepblitz and cardiolatino are included) for a day.

Hmm i do not know who is teaching kb this sun - could be carmela or maybe donald... kb is good for those who really need to let off or want a good intense workout. if you are afraid you can always go for christopher's kb first. His kb is softer and easier to follow.

yoz

Hi naoki,

Thanks for your reply. Wow are you the staff of Amore?..you seems to know so much.

Btw can i check with you is the power launch which you mentioned will be held in JP Amore?Overall how's your feel towards Amore?.. Is it good?

Thanks for your answer!!!

naoki

Hi yoz

i not amore staff... but sometimes i might be around selling/promoting amore membership... i do joke that i join amore lah... since i am 'working' for them...haha

No the power launch is in Parkmall. It will be good if you can come and try out so that you know what to expect from the amore's blitz series.

Overall? Its a nice place for ladies and cheaper than other ladies gym. The amore sales are all very nice young ladies.. friendly and smile alot, makes you feel like you are their friends. But I enjoy my amore days very much esp b4 ray left. Now... i still do but i have yet to find a substitute for ray (i'm sure daphne shares that too)...

Anyway no harm trying out at amore for a short period, if you enjoy what you are doing and achieving what you are looking for, come forward don't be shy. We love to see you around. OK? Waiting for You...

dolphin48

naoki! u promoting packages again! haha should ask them to renew yours FOC lah.... miss ray? sure i did man! still cannot find a substitute for him..... ask him come back..... bug him to come back..... sigh..... now i have withdrawal symptoms for his class, not kb.
me can't go for classes these days cos i got mega muscle ache from the JP morgan chase..... shows how much i lack exercise! should start going more often liao....

yuki31

Hi naoki,

i went for LO and NB yst at Parkmall but Michelle seem a bit fast ..... Is Bong better for LO and NB?

Nope i mean my first week for Power Package
happy.gif

Previously 1 took the 4 lesson for $20.

i dun get what u mean by no limit to the number of class if using lady card?

Yst i asked Amore but they say no promotion for posb n dbs card ....where to check details?

i juz checked this sunday is carmela. is she good?
Is KB hard to keep up? When is Christopher KB, i would like to give a try first
happy.gif

naoki

From DBS web:
Amore Fitness:
Get fit and keep in shape with Amore Fitness for only $20* for 4 classes (U.P. $72)! Kick start your routine with a welcome pack worth more than $100* when you sign up!

Welcome pack consists of:
- $50 spa voucher
- $38 IPL permanent hair removal for underarm voucher
- 15% off activewear voucher
- $10 off registration fee voucher

Sorry yoz... i thot i saw it as day pass when i received my card statements. Anyway this promo is until mid may.

For UOB card (ladies) you will get to use the gym/classes twice a month. So you can spend the whole day there and just go in for classes. I doubt there is a limit to number of hours but classes (esp those popular ones) you will need to prebook.

Michelle's class is getting rather boring nowadays. Bong, Carmela, Jet are better. Yes Carmela is good as she is trained for kickbox somewhere in one of the Asia countries (not philippines). Hers will be kicking and punching from begining till cool down, not like Donald's.

For Chris, if nothing changes, he shld still be teaching kb at Bugis Junction. you can call them and double check. I dont go BJ so I can't really confirm that. He used to have one on friday at bugis village, but now no more - so not sure where he will be. His style is slow and low impact so very easy to follow and learn the basic in kickbox. alternatively you can attend 320T (new class) which will introduce you to basic kb.

No changes in the schedule on 1st May, except the branch closes at 6pm so there will oni be 3 classes (lo, hiphop and kb) on that day.

yuki31

Hi naoki,

oic i din know abt tat promotion ....i think normally they say it is for first timer only
sad.gif

juz to check for the power package for 3 month , 12 lessons .... 12 lessons meaning 12 times or 12 classes? if we got for 3 class a time is it count as 3 lessons or 1 lesson?

oic so Chris dun teach at PM ....i was planning to go PM branch for KB ....keke :p
Is PM branch, for beginner which KB class do u think i shld go? is the class alway very packed?

320T is starting when? at PM?

pink_tulip

naoki

i tried to renew my aerobics package at hm but one of the counter staff just kept pressing me to sign up for power.
sad.gif
The impression she gives me is that they are going to do away with aerobics package. But when I asked for details (e.g. effective date), she said they are reviewing the classes... ambiguous or not?... as i only go to hm and i dun attend other lessons in the power package, it does not seem very 'worth it' to buy a power package lor... unless i feel rich...hahaha.. but i did not like her attitude.

yuki31

Hi pink_tulip,

can i check hw much is the aerobics package? i am considering of taking as well. when i ask counter, they kept on telling me abt power package instead.

belladona

I renewed my aerobics package last month in march..using citibank.card entitled to 10% discount. Hopefully, amore will not neglect the aerobics package holder and substitute the existing aerobics classes with power package classes!

pink tulip,...i always renew my packages *aerobic* with the more friendly staff with better customer service attitude..

pink_tulip

yuki & belladona

Precisely! I asked about the aerobics pkg, she diverted to power. I told her aerobics pkg is MORE than good enough for me since * HM has no gym * TPY outlet has closed down -these 2 outlets are most accessible to me * HM has no gym * the classes I attend are all in the aerobics pkg... So I asked if I could sign up for an aerobics pkg first, if need be, top up to power in future, she said not worth it... in a nutshell, she did not "allow" me to renew my aerobics pkg *????*

belladona
If they do away with aerobics pkg, it will be like a significant price increase - to those who only take classes in aerobics package.

yuki31

Hi,

got a qns, if we attended 3 classes a day. is it counted as 3 sessions or 1 sessions? as mine is 12 sessions for 3 month ....

if i attended 3 classes, does it mean 3 session will be deducted from my package?

yuki31

Hi pink_tulip,

then did u managed to renew ur aerobic pkg? i wanted to take another aerobic pkg ....hopefully they wun turn me away .....

i hope if they really do away with aerobic pkg then existing aerobic pkg users shld be allow to finish the package without adding $$ else a bit unfair

pink_tulip

hi yuki and belladona

Updates. No more aerobic pkg. I called another outlet to enquire this morning and was told that they have stopped selling aerobics packages.
sad.gif

Yuki
Unless you have an Unlimited package, every lesson you attend is considered one lesson. So if you attend 3 classes a day, three lessons will be deducted from your 12 lessons in the package.

belladona

pink tulip,

did you mention that you are an existing member? well...looks like 6months down the road...may consider going back to cc for classes..or maybe switch to another...

yuki31

Hi pink_tulip ,

so fast? then did u managed to renew ur aerobic package?

oic coz i saw some juzt left their card in 1 class then attended a few classes but i wonder hw many session did Amore deduct as they wun know hw many class u went ....especially those class that dun required booking.

yuki31

yst i went for LO, NB and KS .....but seem like package ending soon .....
sad.gif

i was hoping to get aerobic package but the person say cannot , now only power package ...unless u on aerobic package then they let u use finish ur lesson.

i feel tat now the class i attended are all on aerobic package so it is not really worth to take power package.

yuki31

Hi naoki,

is KB harder a lot then KS?
yst i find KS quite enjoyable .....but there is no rest in between unlike LO ....

i was thinking of attending KB at Parkmall on wed or fri ....any idea who is teaching? which class is better or less packed?

Do u attend other classes beside KB?
There is a new class CL , is it good?

naoki

hi yuki

sorry ah... i think u got most of the answers for your earlier questions...

kb is tougher than ks --- agree if u go for the right instructor... wed kb is by bong and fri by rasol - fri class has lesser crowd

i had tried cardiolatino... good but so far has not seen any new moves.. so i temporarily stop...

i kb most of the time... haha... but i do go for hi/lo, hiphop, and step blitz...

yuki31

Hi naoki,

is Bong or Rasol better? for newcomer? or in term of technique? when r u goin for KB?
I saw Chris is only teaching at Bugis n seem like only 1 KB lesson.

Cardiolation is it tough ? like Hi/Lo?
I like to try hiphop too ....is it fun? easy to follow?

any idea if Amore having any promotion for packages?

dolphin48

yuki, think amore should be having their promotion at Jurong since it's the opening for the branch this sat?

i went to check out the place yesterday but it's not done up yet.... so don't know how big is it inside.

naoki

hi yuki

there will def be some promo next sat at parkmall...but these days, their promo is just free gifts -- no more free 1 or 3 mths pkg and they are offering only a single-pkg price...

bong is easier to follow, rasol class is tougher... chris is good for beginners (techniques), donald's new kb workout, also suitable for beginners.

CL is dance.. not hi/lo.. it will have chacha, mambo, salsa, a bit of hiphop as well, you will be made to shake your bums haha - not difficult for ppl who loves dancing

fyi, i go amore now on fri (kb/sb) and sat (bb/cb/kb)... sometimes sunday

naoki

hi daphne... u can go jurong? that's great

fri 7pm and hiphop at 8pm, if you can make it - most likely it will jovienne doing the classes there

yuki, i think chris has a monday evening kb at parkmall

dolphin48

naoki, ya cos i stay at jurong mah... but 7pm a bit too rush for me..... waiting to see if got sat or sun morning or not.... jovienne good?

yuki31

Hi naoki,

i was hoping for some promo next sat as well
happy.gif
during the Fitness ......will u be going?

I was hoping for free lesson or cash discount on package ....... it will be sad if dun have coz free gifts I dun really need.

I will try to catch bong class then ....his class on wed and sat? what abt carmel ....soory i dunno hw to spell her name ... donald teaching at PM?

oic .....i was told tat CL is like Hi/Lo with some dance inside ......haha

wow u go a few lessons at the time ..the next day wun body be aching?

naoki

hi yuki

1. i not going to the power launch - its a long weekend... and mother's day round the corner
2. u def will not get free lesson nowadays.. cash discount.. i think it all depends.. if u use ocbc card, you might get 1st mth free (with conditions) - find out from the girls when u sign.
3. bong's kb is on tue, wed, thu and fri only. carmela is also very good... her class at 11, parkmall sunday. donald is only at parkmall on mon 3.30pm... thur 8.30 at amara...not sure abt his other time slot... but he will def be teaching at JP. If i do have his time schedule, i'll let u know.. at the moment, even donald couldn't remember when is his next class haha

4. CL is not like hi/lo... u dont do those leg curls, grapevine or easy right and left in the routine... its dance.. if u do a grapevine, its only included in as part of the dance
happy.gif

5. if i go for a few lessons, will i ache? No...only tired. after sometime, your muscles will get use to it. Don't worry abt that. I have to do a few lessons in a day, becos i'm on unlimited pkg and i need to catch up for what i have lost over the week. ;p

yuki31

Hi naoki,

u mentioned bong kb is on tue, wed, thu and fri all at PM? i tot u say Fri is by Rasol?
Carmela easy to follow? i am trying to see which slot i can go for
happy.gif

most likely i be goin PM only
happy.gif

haha coz i went for 2 and 3 lesson then the next day my body aching ....dun feel like getting up ...haha ya u talk unlimited so must make full use
happy.gif

do u know for lady card, 2 free access per mth . 1 time can attend hw many class? can only use 9-6pm on weekday so have to leave Amore by 6pm?