Amore Fitness Membership

blurblur25

hi pink tulip, i oso any how do the moves, as long u njoy can liao. most impt thing, dont kick & punch the ppl near u. Heeeeheee

naoki, i will be going again for next wed KB. will u be there?

pink_tulip

naoki and blurblue

Ok. Will try to be more buay pai seh... when i first started LO, also felt the same
embarrassed.gif
Thanks for your encouragement!

pink_tulip

Hi Blurblur

thanks for asking.. my schedule is not v flexible cos i am a mum of two little gals. however, i will find time to try out KB. Prob at heartland mall branch.

noahark

Hi Pink Tulip,

I will b at Kovan tonite for KB and SB.SB is really difficult. I tried my first cl last Fri by Bong and cannot follow. Maybe i never try Step Workout before so ....

naoki

Hi tulip, hi noahark.. don't be too discouraged... i started very badly oso bcos i oso dont do steps.. now still trying to follow but has since improved... it all takes quite a bit of time. whenever i can't do, i always stick to basic.

noahark

HI Naoki,

Thx for encouragement.....
but bong is real fast n difficult to follow at times....he sometimes will give signal to me to lead me to do the basic but I got to follow exactly, then if he starts doing stunt or fanciful styles, then i cannot follow again.

AM i stupid ?

belladona

I also attended last Friday's Stepblitz at Kovan..not very used to his style as compared to Pauline..

I find stepblitz not very much different from that of normal SW.

pink_tulip

belladona

Hi. Have you attended pauline's SB then? Is her style easier to follow?

Hi Noahark

Why did you say that? No lah!
Naoki is right... must give ourselves time to learn the steps and gain confidence. And perhaps you can try out other instructors' lessons to find one whose pace is more suitable for you at this point in time.

Hi naoki

Thanks for your encouragement.
happy.gif

naoki

Hi pink_tuplip, belladona, naohark

Actually, each SB will be different. Even though there is a 25 or 35 combination but so far most of the instructors are not very used to doing the various combination mainly becos it is not their own. So what they do is to pick out some of the SBs and incorporate it into their own steps workout... thus u got a different SB from each individual. Bong's is pure SB since he is one of the cheoregrapher. So you will probably find others much easier to follow. You need time... and anyway Bong's friday SB is the only evening slot so it is harder to get use and know the steps.

For me, I will try to do the blitz first, but if I really find it hard to follow, I will ignore totally and just stick to basic. I don't care if the person in front, left or right is doing the advanced steps...as long as I don't knock into them.

Last Fri, the class has alot of new members to SB, and bong was trying to introduce the steps slowly, from basics onwards, but there was one or 2 regulars who were doing the more advanced steps... so much so that bong has to turn around and told her to 'stick to basic'. So you don't have to be too discouraged as bong he does try to slow down and don't be distracted by the regulars or advanced members. And every1 makes mistakes... me too... always making a wrong turn..
happy.gif

noahark

Hi Naoki,

I went to KB last Fri instead (at Kovan)thou I have signed up for SB as well.i gv up and decided not to take as no courage and i just walked off after his KB cl.
really wanted to tell Bong m sorry for walking out just like that.

naoki

haha... don't feel bad, noahark... i did not notice any1 left the room halfway thru... bong may not have noticed too... since there were quite a few newbies. Do try to do next time... We all got the hang of it towards the end, and had a nother round that's why the class overshot its hour.

noahark

No naoki, i did not left during the class but after his KB class. Bong knows i suppose to attend his SB but it was just that I did not stay on.

Steps is really a bit difficult when the room is crowded too.

Anyway, I am finishing my package with Amore soon and will not continue as most of the timing is not right for the classes I like.

belladona

pink tulip,

i had always been attending wed's sw since natalie time...so to me, i'm used to pauline's style... i think it's a matter of getting used to..the steps etc..

aphrodite

Was @Amore yesterday..heard they are going to increase fees from next month? I have a few lessons left, and actually intend to wait for new promotions before I extend my classes.

blurblur25

hi, amore has quote me for unlimited lesson (valid for 1year period), is now at S$1109, can pay by credit card installment, which is around S$93 per month.

Is it worth it? Promo is valid till end mar

naoki

hi all amoreans

in case u do not know, ray's last day at amore is this coming thursday, 6 April. So sad ah...
sad.gif

pink_tulip

naoki

i've never attended ray's lessons before but have heard raves about him from here. why is he leaving amore? you must be disappointed since you have been going to his classes.

my package is ending soon too. dunno whether to continue or not. i go to tpy for class sometimes but tpy is ceasing operation soon
sad.gif
and i am left with the one at heartland mall closest to my home.

princessloo

hi everyone,

can someone who tried out the steam bathe share with me how to actually use it? (like what do you wear in and do you take a rinse first before going in)

naoki

Hi pink tulip

Yes I am extremely sad. I've attended his class for 3 years plus now... I'm sure Daphne will also feel the same.

Actually, if u want to take on a new fitness pkg, why not try Fitness First or Planet Fitness. Although there will be guys and gays around, the classes are more interesting. And nowadays the price are very competitive. Go and ask for a week's trial, then you compare and decide. You will prob jump over to them rather than continue with amore. I can't jump now bcos i have another year with amore... so until sometime next year, I will have to stay with amore.
sad.gif
Hopefully amore will continue to bring in good quality instructors.

dolphin48

naoki! i just came back from holidays and heard the news from another forumer that ray is leaving! why? u know the reason? so sad leh! is he going to teach somewhere else? so sudden!

naoki

eummm... yah i knew. Thunder and Lightning hor!!! He has offers in the bigger clubs but not finalised yet. So if you still want to be in his class, you will have to sign up elsewhere... i cry lah... no ray no ghani... die liao lah...

Daphne, you will miss it so much just like me... maybe you should consider going for his last class at amore this thursday.

dolphin48

naoki, i'm going this aftern..... think should be his class.... oh so you know which clubs are offering him lah....keke..... tell us when u know where he is going leh.... (or PM me)... :p
ya lor..... i was stunned when i saw the sms.... and it was like... how to exercise when he is not teaching there now....

sharlene

Naoki,
I only know he teached at Phillip Wain, but do u know if he taught other fitness clubs? I used to attend his KB class but eversince he stopped at TP, I seldom hv chance to attend his class...alamak, so sudden.....
sad.gif

naoki

hi daphne, temporary his kb classes will be covered by Bong and Carmela...prob once a while, you will find Rasol or Rashid...until the new instructor comes in. Will let you know once he has confirmed his new place.
happy.gif

dolphin48

naoki, ok must remember to let me know how.... keke...... then can see if wanna sign up there or not since my membership is expiring... i suppose amore will lose quite a number of followers? but it's kindda short notice....

naoki

yah... daphne... unless the new instructor is just as good as that of ray's... he better be bcos i got another year with amore :D

dolphin48

sigh... ya lor...... me not going this aftern so no more ray class for me liao.... so sad leh.... now dunno withdrawal symptoms for how long..... he don't like to teach in amore ah?

naoki

hahaha...... go rasol's or bong's ... rasol's is more shiong than bong's... go try... bong teaching this sat and if u go bugis, its camela.

No he likes to teach... but not in amore lor

dolphin48

ya why he doesn't like to teach in amore? he got big followers here..... so far, been to bong's but somehow i still prefer ray's classes..... sigh so sad...... his gf still teaching there?

naoki

ahhaha... then go rasol's class. he's quite a funny guy... i perspire more whenever i attend his class...

i think she is also half out already (got a few classes she has given up)... maybe she is going to 'marry chicken follow chicken; marry dog follow dog' ...

you not working today?

naoki

aiya daphne i thot i already posted it - carmela on fri, bong on sat, then carmela again on sun

i not going... will stay home and rest my very tired legs

dolphin48

oh ok ... hee didn't see that leh.... very lost cos not ray teaching.... don't feel like going too.... is carmela good? you know where he is going already?

naoki

hmmm... not yet... give him abit of time to settle down first lah...

Carmela got special training in kickboxing i think in china or what...and so is Bong.. or else u go rasol's at PM tmr... if not no kb, withdrawal syndrome can be very very bad...

naoki

hmm... no news from him leh...he's still in phillip wain... but no kb there... then he also still have classes at yishun sat 12noon and sun 9am kb/muay thai class (he stays extremely near to the yishun sports centre). Dont worry lor, i will immediately post his new place once he settled down.

But Daphne have you tried Carmela's ? Or Blast?

dolphin48

oh he also teaching at phillip wain ah... what he teach there? he teach so many hours in a week.... where got energy left? somemore if dating..... wah... power....

carmela? not yet.. but will go this sun....