Amara Singapore

0212bride

Belle,

If ur coordinator is M then better luck. I heard and seen her and I must say she is more bothered. At least she was around at my gf's rom, but she told lies tho. That was like 3yrs ago maybe she's much better now.

Talk about communicating our expectations, I have clarified all the details u can think of b4 the ROM but some details still went wrong. For the banquet I will still state all my requirements and things we discussed very clearly and I really have to agree, keep my fingers crossed.

Instead of putting some BTB off Amara I would say our experiences help people take note of what to avoid. Staff issue is not just confined to Amara. Whichever hotel big or small hires service people who are not service oriented, there will be problems. Just that Amara has staffs who have bad hair days 24/7.

Otherwise firstly make sure ur coord is M or the guy R whom I heard is newly promoted but quite good.

ethansct

Hi Belle Chan,

I hope it's not affecting your prep. Whatever happened on that day, Just be HAPPY and smile...
Cos you will look very good on photo..
happy.gif

0212bride

Exactly, I agree with Patrick. Nothing will go 100% according to plan when its a full day event with so many ppl and coordination involved.

So long as u hv covered most ground, just go with the flow and have good helpers to iron out the kinks for u. I try to tell myself, bride's job is to SMILE...
happy.gif

jenopc

hi everyone im back in action here.. haa..

wel well, i used to hold back in commenting abt amara, coz the co im workg for, is Amara's vendor ~ n guess wad.. not anymore! i'm leaving this co soon and haha.. Amara better be on their toes from now on man.

I've my personal experience with P the coord ~ no good. she made me regret choosing this hotel. i thought that i had 'value for money' choice. darn wrong. i wished i had juz paid more and gone to merchant court instead.

anyway, my AD is v v v near. in sept.. lets see how it goes by then. i'll keep u gals updated on things to take note of...

0212bride

Hi o_O

Wah u quit ur job to prepare for wedding?

Last lap of preparation already? I heard this time is the most stressful cos of the guest list and banquet arrangements... Good luck!!

Hear from u soon.. updates & photos!!
happy.gif

jenopc

Hi Latte

no lar.. u tink we wedding of the century ar.. gota work to finance tis wedding also mah.. keke.. i juz got a better offer elsewhere, so i tink its not worth giving up that opportunity juz to prep for wedding.. afterall i plan to make it a simple affair..

now i've settled my wedding invitees, juz din manage to send all cards out coz today is the chinese 7th mth already.. so hv to call and make sure they save the date, n den i send out onli after the 7th mth loh.

to be frank, banquet arrangements.. i duno wad to plan.. except for the video, audio, schedule, who do what.. gosh.. tat alrdy covers alot doesnt it??

So one thing im glad is that i will hv time to run all these errands while i clear my leave!! haaa.. im getting my wedding photos soon, wen its ready, will sure share with ya!!

0212bride

Hi o_O

Wa congrats! Double happiness hor. Wedding and better job
happy.gif

Yup i think banquet mainly gotta prepare the video, audio and schedule. Most headache is the seating arrangement. I hardly hear of any couples who need not re-arrange the seating right up to during the wedding reception. Singaporeans are not v gracious guests. Stress!!

Where did u go for photoshoot? Eager to see the pics!!
happy.gif

jenopc

Hi Latte

ya.. as my fren put it, "new job, new life.. wad more can u ask for".. haa quite true it is Shuang Xi.

Now i duno wad to do abt my 1st march in video. Most ppl do photo montage ~ i dun mind stickg to tradition but den i duno if my videographer will charge for it. I also need to settle my wine! I haven't sourced for it yet.. I onli hv a contact for WineBros, some one called me but till today I have yet to go and do tasting.

And yea i supposed u kinda prepared me for wads worse to come too ~ the seatings..

Well i took alot of studio shots, but only chose a few series out of it.. den for outdoor, we went to a dilapidated house at mohd sultan, some peranakan houses and also sentosa beach.

haha we tried 2 styles ~ one is happy happy, smiley faces.. and the other is stylo milo, act cool type. we thought we'll choose the latter, coz we had so much confidence in the PG. but.. wahahah.. wen the polaroids came out, our frenz were rolling all over the floor... haiz. my hubby still can take the look lar ~ he has a lean face.. me? Biang! look like an angry pancake lor. haiz. anyway, chose those happy happy ones lor.

u taken yrs already???

white_freesia

Wonder if they will decorate their ballroom according to the themes? Hmm... if yes, then can pop by to see exactly how the themes look like and make a better choice for my AD.

jenopc

Hi gals
i just confirmed my wine orders last evening.

Those lookg for wine may check out Winebos. I tasted their 2 choices of wine, not bad at all. An avg of $18.75 per bottle. I got 3 confirmed cartons (1 carton = 12 bottles), den 2 boxes of consignments. consignments are charged later at per bottle, not the whole carton. So this is the best arrangement so far after my research. They'll also do the delivery to hotel a day before and liase with the hotel on this.

babe_belle

Hi (o_O),

Can i have the name of the wine you confirmed? So how much in total did you pay for all?

Please let me have Winebos details too.

Thanks

jenopc

Hi June

I hv 18 confirmed waiver and another 18 waiver if my no of tables reach 36 and above. Im not too sure how much is the corkage charge.. any one can tell me? I left this part out and it wasn't written in the contract..

Hi Belle

I ordered Goldleaf ~ its a mix of Merlot, Savignon and Cabernet. Rather popular choice of wedding wine according to Winebos people. Each carton (12 bottles) cost 225. I paid for the confirmed 3 cartons only. The other 2 consignments are to be paid after the wedding, if utilised. U can check out http://www.winebos.com/Weddings.html

weddinghunt

Hi all,

I am going to sign up with Amara Sanctuary Resort for wedding venue. For previous couples who had their weddings at Amara, can provide any comment?

Thank you in advance!

weddinghunt

Whoah... I've just read the previous posts about Amara hotel. It looks pretty bad.

By the way, the Amara Sanctuary Resort is newly opened a few months ago.

Did a site visit last week and the ballroom pretty nice. High ceiling and pilar-less. We have the whole reception for ourselves because we are taking the 2 ballrooms.

rl_ry

Anyone encountered Tiffany? We book our Solemnization and discuss about wedding package with her. After hearing a couple of negative comments kinda worry to book our wedding dinner with them, but what she offer is quite ok.

koyoyo

hi need some advise ..
initially i planned to hold my weddin dinner on 11 oct however the hotel that i like and a few substitutes hotels dun have that date.. now i have only 4th oct left.. didnt really like it as "4th" sound like " death" however my fh was suggesting i shd change my mindset a bit. He wasnt planning to celebrate A.D dinner , he was thinking of celebrating rom in future so it wasnt really necessary to think about the dinner date... however he did check with a geocmer the date is still good just that i personally dun think it doesnt sound good. What do you guys think? Should i go ahead with the date?

jenopc

U can't possibly mean this year's Oct rite?
If you mean next year, I tink u shud continue sourcing for other hotels. If u really wana stick with 4th, u sud really be checkg with yr seniors... if they dun mind, juz go ahead.

jenopc

Hi Belle

if u wana be practical and let yr jie meis buy someting they can still wear in future, den u cud try 'Nicchi', its at vivo city. V cheap and good dresses.

but den again it depends on yr arrangements for them. Yr bridal studio never provide? My gf actually subsidised a dress they found from one of the local stores.

zarcy

hi rachie i think she is new. Michelle just introduced her as my new wedding planner too. I also want to know how she is.

zarcy

i think she is too new for any people to know her working style. anyway i went for food tasting a couple of weeks ago. food not bad though there are some dishes that could be better. my mother was not too happy that the first cold dish only has 4 side-dishes. it seems it is a norm to have 5?

rachiery

i'm about to sign up a wedding package with her.. although i've signed up a ROM package with her, somehow i dun feel safe letting her handling my banquet.. u guys talked to her before? wats your impression??? share share

ethansct

Hi all,

Though I do not have any info about Tiffany, hope she is better WP than the one I gotten.

Amara sent a letter to me dated 13 Sep and their sincere apologies by giving $300 dollar food voucher, 1 night stay in executive suite, set lunch and 1 kg cake (which were supposed to be in contract). Guess what , the expiry date is 30 Nov 2007 lol.....so much about sincere apology...

cinderbell

Hi rachie,

I have signed up the wedding package with Tiffany, feel that she is not bad, she tried to help us get some good offers.
Maybe you can try asking her for some advice and suggesstion, from there you can judge by her service and attitude.

babe_belle

Anyone knows where to get a bubble machine? Looking for one that is not very expensive... Thinking of using bubbles for my march-in.

babe_belle

Hi White Freesia,

My FH selected a chinese song for our march-in. I wasn't very enthusiastic but after listening to his description of how our march-in was like, i gave in. We will be using a song from Bond for our first dish and for the 2nd march-in, we have not decided.

I am having my solemnisation after my march-in so quite loss if i should march-in with my FH or my dad... Any advice?

rachiery

hi cinderbell,

i'm going to look at the wedding set up these few days.. u know wat makes me feel so insecure abt tif? she said she will invite us to the wedding show in aug but she forgot!!! and she doesn't seemed to catch wat we were saying.. hmm..

white_freesia

hi, Belle. I think it will be quite sweet to have your dad march in with you for the solemnisation.
happy.gif

But perhaps when the emcee makes the announcement, your FH should be somewhere visible to the guests in front, so that people will not be caught by surprise and wonder who the man walking in with u is. Coz pp's first reaction is the groom and bride will come in together?

babe_belle

I have found my bubble machine at Toys R Us... 5000 bubbles in a minute and i really hope it works.

Freesia,
My FH is not keen about it so we will stick to the groom and bride walking in together.

zarcy

anyone having problems with their wedding invites? They said that they have new ones coming up but now apparently they would not be ready in time for my dec weddding. I have to send them out in about one and a half month's time. Is it enough, coz i have to take into account the printing time?

white_freesia

Belle, how much is the bubble machine? I am interested too! Err... how about the soap? Or it comes with the machine? Have u tried it?

Zarcy, an alternative is to invite and ask for confirmation on attendance from your friends and relatives verbally first. And tell them you will send the cards to them later?

zarcy

hi white freesia, thanks for the suggestion! Today Tiffany called me and said they have settled the problem and it will arrive in time. I'm going down next fri to take a look. Will share with you when i see it!

babe_belle

Hi Freesia,

I bought the machine for about $48. It comes with the bubble solution but i bought an additional bottle... I think the brand is Gorzilla bubbles... can't remember the exact name but they have a wide range of bubble guns to mini machines and machine. I got it at Tampines Toys R Us.

orangina23

Hi HS (weddinghunt)

I check out Amara Sanctuary the other time...wondering if i could check out the package details that i got from them for sep 2008 next year.
thanks

orangina23

Hi HS (weddinghunt)

Sorry, just realized my posting was confusing. I am interested in getting Amara Sanctuary and hope you could share the details of your package with me.

Would appreciate if you email me the details to [email protected]

Thanks

babe_belle

Hi Ladies,

I just had my wedding dinner on Sat, 6 Oct 07. Overall, the food was okay and the whole dinner went through smoothly. Jeffrey, the banquet manager was very efficient and helpful, my emcees and families gave me very good feedbacks about his service. Tiffany was also very helpful.

After my 1st course, i had to go up to change for my 2nd march-in. We were locked out of my room because there was some problem with the access card. Tiffany came up within 5 min to give us a new card. Overall, i am really very impressed with their service. All my friends and relatives from abroad were very surprised with our wedding as they didn't held any high hopes about the food and service.

I hope that whoever are holding their weddings at Amara will also have the same good experience that i encountered and it is a wonderful wedding for us.