Amara Singapore

dustydelvinia

Hi Shermane,
I think Patricia is not new there anymore lah...but she really ought to wake up her idea, if u get wad I mean. I had such a bad experience with her as well but luckily I managed to get Michelle in the end. I second minnsy's suggestion to write in, the management at Amara really needs to know that she is bad for their image and business!

sunbelle

hi gals,

can u help to send the package to [email protected] ? i am interested in the package too
happy.gif

donald

hi all,

i do not totally agree wif the services provided by michelle poh. her attitude not so professional afterall. i had a bad experience wif her during the food-tasting session. whereas for Patricia, she sucks mah...

joey123

Hi, I'm also Amara's bride and I signed with Patricia. Initailly i also found her attiutude not so friendly but after we meet few times i find she's quite nice actually.

She willing to meet me up without appointment in advance. My fren also in F&B line, she mentioned they usually wouldn't entertain walk-in customer without appointment just like that. And i also find their staffs are vy attentive & proactive.

For Michelle, I also heard many good comments on her. maybe she's nice only for her clients not all the customer cos i had not good experience wif her when i go down to see their actual settings.

Anyway, is just my personal views.

zarcy

hi, i'm an amara btb...i have no dealings with patricia but have spoken to her over the phone. She's quite helpful. Michelle is my direct contact. She is friendly when i was just a customer. All in all, I find the staff at amara quite gd!

slancer

Hi all,

Fyi, $690 weekday (Mon-Thur) for Amara, 9-course dinner. They got a 8-course budget dinner for about $650. Anyway, they got a wedding show on 9 Sept. Just give Michelle a ring, she is friendly.
Went to see their ballroom 2 weeks ago with my fiancee.

hapict

hallo i m also amara BTB! like the ballroom, location n bridal suite. will update on their service as i just signed up...but so far my gfs (n they r the fussy ones) all gave me the thumbs up when i said i chose amara.
happy.gif

reismion
the ivory coloured wedding cards are so plain. just the word 'invitation" *sigh*
i wonder if i shld add in my photos to the front of the wedding card. *lol* i will b takin some of the obiang rectangular shaped red coloured ones for relatives..

hapict

hotstamping of wat on the cover? sorry still pretty new to these...inserts print on nice paper the usual invitation stuff izzit? after u finished, take pic upload show me/us.. ;p thanks!

reismion

hapict:

sure. will upload the finished product once it's done. promised to show minssy the pic somemore.

(sorry minssy. 've not gone down the the printers yet. )

minssy

hi reismion,

hahah! no worries.. just wondering whether your card is the same as mine.. mine got the slight shimmer...

hapict

hi all
someone posted info n i found out amara holding their weddin show on 9 sept. i m supposed to sign contract wtih them this weekend. shld i do so? i think can get more perks during the wedding show leh... but scared the date/time taken up...

minssy

hi hapict,

ask your coordinator what is the diff in perks.. amara's quite fixed so actually... then u weigh yourself..

hapict

thanks minssy
i did wat u advised. asked her what's the diff. she said ours not applicable for perks during weddin show for that is for weddin dinners only. *shrugs* like i said in other thread, raffles hotel can give me same perks regardless of weddin lunch or dinner package i m taking up. FH more understanding, say the same thing as u, they r quite fixed n they give us many perks already difficult to earn fm weddin lunch, so tmrw i m going down talk to them n sign the contract loh. Thanks!

minssy

hi hapict,

cool.. there are so many choices of hotels and i guess it really depends on what u wan.. i am very sure amara's food & deco will not disappoint you
happy.gif

hapict

yea man i m going to amara's weddin show on 9 sept to check out the decor themes.
minssy which theme did u pick?

btw, michelle poh is moving over to sentosa soon for their new hotel opening there next year.duno who's my new coordinator/weddin planner.

minssy

hi hapict,

yes.. u can have grandeur theme (very classy looking) and for your flowers, tell your coordinator that you want red roses....

reismion

hapict & minssy,

i'm deciding between the grandeur or the romance 1. still undecided. going for food tasting nxt mth. keep u gals posted on our outcome. hee hee...

hapict

reismion
yea please keep us updated on food tasting. mine is in Nov but i think i kanjong wan to do it earlier so the two sets of parents can meet up earlier discuss the tables blah etc...hope they like each other. ;pp

mzlt7879

Hi All,

I am also an upcoming ROM bride for Amara and my coordinator is Patricia. I do agree tat at 1st sight u may nt find her tat friendly but as u liaise with her more, she is actually quite nice..hope my ROM turns out fine (,")

reismion

hapict:

ic ic... u r so much like us. our parents only met up once 'un-officially' then we ROM liao. hee hee... 'official' meet-up took place just a few weeks back. LOL.

joey123

Hi Hapict, how do you know your food tasting is in Amara arh? Mine AD is Dec, so when will b my food tasting then? Usually 3mths ago right?

hapict

joey
i booked amara so my food tasting is in a function room in amara... my AD is jan 07, so they say food tasting is Nov. which i think is a bit late. if your AD is in Dec 06, food tasting should be held 2-3 mths before. did yr coordinator tell u? who is yr coordinator?

joey123

Hapict,

My coordinator is Patricia, she told me food tasting will be held 3mths before so it shd b in Sep bah cos my AD is end Dec. She told me she'll call me during then.

joey123

By the way,hapict who's ur coordinator? As you mentioned Pat & Michelle will be posting out to sentosa? Not sure they will change my coordinator or not.

reismion

joey & hapict,

my AD is in Nov but i've schedule food tasting mid of next mth.
happy.gif
no need to wait for the coordinator to call u. juz call her instead. :p

btw how many courses are included in the food tasting?

joey123

Hi reismion, thanks for your info. Think will call Amara beg of next month to schedule my food tasting.

For me is 8 courses for 8 person.
happy.gif

belleteo

Hi all,

I am quite interested in Amara as well. Will book an appt with them. Can i have some feedback on the hotel. Was the food and service good? How was the place look like?
Who can i look for as in who provide a good service?

reismion

joey123:

same here. if u wanna taste the full course, u will need to top up. :p

belle:

welcome to the amara thread. u can look for michelle or patricia.
happy.gif

hapict

joey
the two michelles (michelle poh the weddin planner, and michelle something who is the sales director) of amara hotel are posting to sentosa pretty soon. i duno who will be my new coordinator but i m ok with rayston, the guy whom i spoke to initially as michelle assigned him to talk to me.
i did not hear tat patricia is posting out.

belle
just call their line n arrange an appt go down take a look...different ppl different tastes..
happy.gif

btw, michelle said the chef will not b there to take our comments durin the food tasting, think oni the coordinator. i read fm other threads tat the chef would be there leh..

belleteo

Hi Hapict / reismion,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually refering to the wedding show on 9th of Sept. Thinking to go there have a look.
Does anyone have the registration info?
Anyway, do you all have any feedback on this hotel?

joey123

Hi Hapict,

I see. So think Patricia will still stay at Tanjong Pagar's Amara. Rayston is their assistant, he's the one who arrange the apptm for me.

Thanks for your info.