Amanda Lee Weddings

sep03

Hi gals,

heard that Amanda has set up her shop somewhere in outram...anybody has feedback on her when she was with Sil?...BTW, who was most experienced in sil?...Minda / Miah / Amanda?

Thanks!

L

lt

i heard amanda's shop is located along cantonment road. more details not very sure
hope that helps!!!

sue

Hi,
Amanda's Shop is Amanda Lee Weddings.
Address: 17 Cantonment Road Singapore 089740
Tel: 62231366
I've visited her shop but it's still very new, so not many gowns to view. If I remember correctly, her package is $4790. Think better visit her personally to talk to her.

carmen

Sue

Thanks for the info
kiss.gif
. How do u find Amanda after talking to her? Is she approachable?

sue

Yes, Amanda is very friendly & I'm sure you'll have no problem telling her what you want.

She din return me the form I filled up during my visit. It should be the fllwing:
MTM WG
MTM EG (to keep)
4 make-up sessions
2 hand bouquets (photoshoot & actual day)
6 corsages
accessories to go with WG & EG (Opening promotion is that you get to keep the accessories, not sure if it still on)MTM Suit for the groom
Photography with Robin
If you need a tea dress, you will have to rent from her. This is not in the package.
There is also a dry cleaning fee for the gown after yr photoshoot. I can't remember if the $50 is included in the package already.

That's all I can remember, hope it helps!
happy.gif

carmen

Hi Sue

Met up with Amanda on Fri... Agreed wif you, Amanda is friendly..... the service rendered also very good
happy.gif
...... We were offered the same package (S$4790)..... my FH & I find the package px quite reasonable..... but still considering....

How abt u?? Ve you decided??

L

lt

hi Carmen, Sue,

Could check if we do not want Robin's photography, could it be deducted off the package price?

And do you know which make up artists do she tie up with??

Thanks!!!

sue

Hi Carmen,
I was deciding between Amanda & Bridal Veil's package. Eventually, I took up the package from BV @ $4980 because it includes the tea dress, bridal shoes (from Leaping Lizard, to keep) and they also provide one more off-the-rack suit for the groom besides the MTM one.

Hi LT, very sorry. I won't be able to answer both yr question. I think Amanda works with another photographer and if you choose the other photographer, the package will be a different price.

L

lt

hi Sue, Sep03,
thanks for the info.

btw, what is Amanda's style? does she go for more elaborate, ball gowns or more flowy, soft types?

carmen

LT

I did check with Amanda the package px exclude photography..... cannot rem the exact px but i'm sure it is not more than S$3600.00, is ard S$35-- sthg........

Yes, Amanda works wif Studio D'fia....... as mentioned by Sue, the comprehensive package px vary depending which photographer u wish to engage...... there are other photographers like Andrew Choi, Chris Leng, Photospace & more.......

Sue

I ve been to Bridal Veil too but dun get a chance to try their gown & speak with the designer, Michelle..... I wld prefer to speak with the designer...... must know whether can "click" or not......

Which photographer ve u engaged? how many photos are included?

L

lt

hi Chin Leng,

Thanks for the contact. Guessed I should go down and check out more!!
happy.gif

sue

Hello Carmen,
I've actually gone down to BV twice before I decide to sign up with them. I was pretty lucky becos when I was there the 1st time, I spoke to Colin (Michelle's husband) and he got Michelle to pick two gowns for me to try. One mth later, I went back again with my FH becos he wasn't with me during my 1st visit.
After some discussion, we decided to take up their package. Find them very friendly & service focus and Michelle really takes pride in the gowns that she designed.

I've choosen Chris Ling. My FH & me visited Kim & don't have a gd impression.

matsu

Hi Lt,

Amanda is tie up with Utopia (Travis Ong) too. U may want 2 check it out. Personally, i prefer Travis to Robin.

Matsu

man

Hi matsu,

glad to know amanda is tied up with utopia too! so how much is the whole package dat amanda offered you with utopia? and wat does utopia package includes?
happy.gif

P

poki2412

flowee

Amanda has tied up with Chris Leng, Andrew Choi, Studio D'fia, Robin Photography, Photospace, Utopia & etc.. only can rem the abovementioned.. if i'm not wrong, there are few other photographers... can call her to find out...

flowee

poki

got miss mi or nt???
tks 4 ur advise...
seems like amanda ties up with a lot of renowned photographers...
wat abt make up artist???

P

poki2412

Hello Flowee

Yup.. miz you... saw from the other thread.. this Sat want to go out oredi har... congrats...

I can only rem that she has Freddie Ong... the other 2 makeup artistes are female but forgot their names...

Juz to share wif you.... my MIL has asked her shifu to pick an auspicious date for us oredi... hope can ve the date asap... will keep u informed... Though still ve to wait for the date, i feel better.. at least she (my MIL) had made an effort to rem & ask her shifu, dun ve to wait till the end of the yr or beginning next yr which is very late oredi... will get my hubby to follow up with her..... i dun want to ask her....

flowee

poki

keke i miz u 2...
u din chat with mi in 2003 brides...
shd make ur appearance there mah...

wow ur mil remembered...
gd 4 u i m waitin patientli 4 u 2 reveal the news...
muz keep mi inform ok...
happy.gif

btw did i leave my contact number???
i wana urs 2...

P

poki2412

flowee

No leh... u din give me your contact no... will email u my no...

Must let me know har once u have taken up a bridal package... need ur advices & recommendations... i still cannot decide... headache....

flowee

poki

i email u my number hor
easier 2 keep in contact mah...

if u sign up with any bridal muz let mi also hor...
happy.gif

matsu

Hi flowee,
sorry abt my late reply but guess u have got the infor u need ;p

Hi man,
u like his style 2? Have u visit his website? www.utopiaphotography.com
Sorry man, i m new around the mkt and have not been to Amanda yet. But i have meet up with Travis Ong (Utopia), he is very nice & he told me abt those bridal shop that he is tie up with. He told me to look around the mkt 1st. So far i only went to Emanuel B. But he also have photo package at $1800 (20pcs 8R) & $2100 (20pcs 15R). Hope i remember correctly, u can mk appointment with him, he is ok, not those hard sell type ;p

lyn

I sent an email to Amanda to request that she sends me a list of wedding packages. She replied by just saying how much it cost and when I emailed her back to ask what the package includes, there was no reply. Undaunted, I sent her another email to ask her what the package includes...still no reply! It's been 3 days!
Does she think I can't afford to pay her?
What kind of service is that?

carmen

Lyn

Probably she is very busy...... I had met her in person.... she is very nice and friendly... why dun you make an appt with her to find out more abt her packages... can also get to see her gowns......

Really she is very nice... she will let you try her gowns and do a mock up for you.... can see how you look in gown with tiara and veil.... she even make an effort to draw designs that suit me during my visit...

lyn

I called you on the phone this afternoon and asked her to reply. She gave me a one-liner. I've decided to go elsewhere. Oh Well..

flowee

lyn

i agree with carmen...
amanda is a nice lady...
mayb she is 2 buz 2 reply...
its better 2 make an appt 2 find out abt the prices n also hv a feel of her service n gowns...

carmen

i had an appt with her last sat...
had a great time with the mock up n amanda also did sketches 4 mi 2...
any intention 2 sign up with her???

carmen

Hi flowee

Had shortlisted Amanda..... probably will sign up with her.... to me lah, the px is quite reasonable... most imptly, i m very comfortable with her....

Lyn

I think it will be good to make an appt with any bridal shop to find out the various bridal packages offered... some bridal shops may "alter" the package item or px to meet your needs... it wld also be good that you speak with the designer, you will be able to know how comfortable you are working with him/her.... That's my opinion... pardon me for being kpo....

flowee

carmen

i had shortlised her after my last sat appt...
m comfortable with her...
can kpo ask u how muz she quoted u???
n which photographer r u engagin???

naturally

Hi Lyn,

Pardon mind me for interrupting... i just feel that u need not be upset, u see, it's a very competitive market out there, and Amanda just newly set up her own shop, naturally she's worried abt sabotages! Perhaps competitors have previously also emailed/phoned to get her prices??? So can't blame her, okie? Or put it another way, she prob feels that it's not fair for brides-to-be to judge her gowns by price alone, u may say that u need to see if she's within our budget, but then again some bridal shops can be quite flexible.... so best is to give her a visit if u're interested.
happy.gif

Cannot sulk okie? Else how to be a pretty bride?
happy.gif

flowee

naturalli

i wld strongli urge u 2 check amanda out...
veri diff from the rest of the bridal i had visited...
muz try muz try...
happy.gif

A

advice

Hi all

I guess I'd just like to add a word here.

My designer was Amanda before she left Silhouette. No doubt she's nice but frankly I've always felt a little uncomfortable with her. Even my FH felt that way too. SHe kept her opinion to herself and there was once when I told her I wanted to try the gown again, she didn't hesitate to show her mild displeasure. All I can say is she isn't very frank with her opinion and this is something which is what I don't like.

I think she's rather temperamental. On the whole she's okay lah

carmen

Advice

How do you find her designs?? Do you like your gown?? Can share with us??

Just curious
uhoh.gif
... Did you meet or talk to her before you signed up with Silhouette?? Wat had made you always feel a little uncomfortable with her??

A

advice

hi carmen

I find her design so-so, but she's rather accomodating. My gowns now handed by Miah of silhouette.

Like many here, I read about her from the forum and I quite like silhouette so I made an appmt wuth her. Like I said, she was rather temperamental, and can be quite glum some times. So frankly I was quite shocked by her mannerism having read so much good things about her in this forum.

But still, dun let me hold you back. She's fine. Maybe She's just not the outspoken type. Or Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive. Perhaps, I went there with too high expectations of her (based on what I read in the silhouette thread).

flowee

advise

tks 4 sharin ur views...
happy.gif

kpo a nit: b4 u signed up with silh did u get 2 koe amanda 1st???
or its their sale staff who entertained u???
perhaps its reali lack of communication with the designer b4 hand which resulted 2 ur 'uncomfortable' with her...
juz my thots...

i hv gf who commented on her gowns looks simple n 2 bit 2 big 4 the bride in the pixs but i find the gown looks fine on the bride...
its all abt personal preferences...

hows ur experience with miah???
mind 2 share with us???
heard she is the boss of silh???

babydoll

Hello,

I have to say I agree with Advice, about feeling uncomfortable with Amanda. I haven't signed up with Amanda, but I visited her at her new premises.

I was disappointed in her ability to pick gowns that suited my figure, and I am a petite size. Her dresses made me feel and look fat, and she didn't understand at all what I was looking for, even though I clearly explained to her what style of dress I was looking for eg princess cut, and I even showed her pictures. I have been to several other bridal boutiques where I didn't have this problem, so I know its not my communication skills.

A

advice

Hi flowee

I enjoy working with Miah. I'm not sure if he's the boss of silhouette but he's quite funny and candid. Maybe that's why I prefer working with him.

as for your qns on whether i know amanda b4 hand, the thing is I've heard of her in the forum. Hence I made an apptmt with her. like I said, sometimes, she was bubbly and chirpy and some days, she was glum.

Maybe it's me, abit picky also lah. My rationale is if I'm paying so much, it's only natural I should expect good service. I remember I once stepped into BV and was so put off by the service. even though the gowns are nice, I feel that we should not be subjected to some lousy service.

E

et

Advice,

I totally agree with u.

Gals,

In fact, the most impt consideration is that u muz feel really comfortable with the designer. My wedding is in dec this yr and it's only mid tis yr that i went ard looking (coz i had a really bad experience with the one i signed up with earlier). The lesson learnt: is the designer muz really understand and know what u want... so it's up to individual and maybe good/ bad comments about some we read/ hear shld be taken with a pinch of salt
happy.gif

Juz sharing my experience and don't rush urself into getting someone u r not comfortable with. Happy shopping!

flowee

baby, advise n et

tks so muz 4 ur advises...
will sure look in2 'this feelin thing' durin my bridal visits...
m in the midst of my bridal search...
any bridal u wld recommend???

carmen

Advise

Actually i'm considering btw Silhouette & Amanda Lee Weddings..... each has it good & bad..... i feel more comfortable with Amanda as compared with Minda leh.... Can share why you had chosen Silhouette?? Which photographer you had engaged?? Thanks!

Me too, had bad experience with BV..... dun like their service....
angry.gif

babydoll

Hi Flowee
happy.gif

Its good to try a range of bridal boutiques so you can compare good and bad. My favourite suggestions are Kevin Seah, followed by Ted Wu. I picked these two for good service(very important to me) and quality of workmanship.
Good luck!

babydoll

hi flowee

have u tried silhouette? i met up with one of the designers there (heath) and he was very professional and friendly. not sure if silhouette is above your budget though. i found silhouette to be quite versatile and they have both nice evening and wedding gowns.

flowee

hi baby

neh they aint with my budget either...
tks 4 ur recommendation...
u hvnt share which bridal u signed up with???

babydoll

hi flowee

haven't signed up yet with anyone. wedding is late next year. i love kevin seah, but not within our budget. considering ted wu or silhouette.

unfortunately i don't have any other recommendations for you. i've been to other bridal with cheaper packages but didn't like what they had to offer. i am still shopping around.