Am i pregnant?

elchwong

Thks gers to the advises...my menses came tis morning...I'm nt preg...we can stick to our planned schedule n place a deposit for our banquet venue wif relief...

cheese_cake

Hi all, just wanted ask. how do you calculate when is most fertile period? i also read that some calculate ovulation based on days in cycle too. just wondering what they meant by the days?

joy2

Hi All, i would like to know, anyone of u encounter using pregnancy test kit(clearblue digital pregnancy test kit), 1st result is positive but after 2hrs (just to reconfirm) 2nd result is negative? Test taken on 1st day of menses due date.

sanmi

normally it will be more accurate if u take it in the morning after u have missed ur menses for a wk.

my friend encountered it once but she din wait till 2 hrs. she waited like 30mins or so.

piggy_jas

i always had irregular mens. The previous mth it came on 11th july, the last month came on 9th aug. This month it has not come. Am i ready to test to see if im preg?

pinpong

Hi
Gal me menses not dat regular, but for the past 1 yrs at least can see a regular patterns.
So d thing is my menses is due since 28 Nov, but till today, no hav...
now wondering shuld i get a testing kit or wait. Another concern is: worry whehter kena any effect anot by taking pineapple & watermelon juice, as i took them a few days ago, thinking dat it will "expedite" my menses.

oh just to add, frankly speaking, me not dat keen of having child yet...
conclusion btw HB & me is leave it up to nature

sgbabydoll

If I were you I will just pick up a pregnancy test kit from the pharmacy. And if you are really preggie, the earlier you know the better so that you can start taking care of your body.

Taking pineapple and watermelon juice to expedite your period? Guess it's a myth.

chocsfan

hi ice,
you can test using the home pregnancy test kit liao.
HPK nowadays very accurate, can test after 1 day from your period due date.

Don't worry about taking pineapple & watermelon. Usually so early in the pregnancy (if u r preggie) there is no effect.
In the meantime, do take good care of yourself.

sgbabydoll

You have to wait for blood test results to come back. That will take a few days. Blood test is most accurate, of course.

pinpong

Hi gals
thanx, will get a testing kit & do d testing.
den will sort of put my heart to rest, scare keep eating those "wrong" stuff..

thanx gals...

cactus_79

hi ice, don't worry about the pineapple and watermelon. I ate those and drink coconut water (from real coconut) when I was less than a week pregnant.bb is at 11 weeks + now. everything is okay. no spotting, no bleeding throughout pregnancy so far.

jader

Hi All, Im new here... Im very worried My menses normally last 5 days mostly late for 1 or 2 days... Last mth it came on e 20th July & lasted 3days only... I had sex b4 e July period... & this mth its suppose to be due on e 16th angust but till today i still din get my period... I test twice 1st test on 24th august sunday & 26th angust tues both negative i went to e doc e doc gif me medication & said if 2 wks my menses nt due yet gt to go back & test again... nw e question is am i preg?? Thank You Very much

sgbabydoll

April, home pregnancy test kit is highly accurate unless not administered properly. For peace of mind, you can have a blood test done. But like the rest of the people, I don't think you are pregnant.

jader

thx all... E doc gif me microgynon for 5 days... e kit i used 1 was clearblue which i believe is pretty accurate... Juz finish e 5 days medication all i can do nw is wait... But really thx all for e information!! ^_^ thanks....

smartass

sad to day that I'm one of those worries gal too
sad.gif

just like to check if the sayings that i've heard over the radio is true... tat eventhoug u had ur period after (~ 1wk+) having sex, you might be pregn too. Cos all these while I thought that as long you hve your period, you miss the jackpot

miloice

why are you so misinformed and ignorant? I am puzzled. Shouldn't have equiped yourself with enough knowledge even before getting sexual involved?

And now, you are still basing on informal checkings from a forum?

sgbabydoll

Smart Ass, you should always use contraceptive if there is no plan to conceive. Or have you heard of the morning-after pill? It is an emergency birth control that a woman can take within 72 hours after having unprotected sex. However, this is not a long-term birth control.

For now, there is nothing much you can do except to wait till your next period to arrive. If you miss it, get a home pregnancy kit and test yourself.

Please use contraceptive be it condom, pill, jab, IUD, etc.

vallous

i agree, really dont understand why is it so difficult to use contraceptive. Then no need to worry here and there. Unless you want to start a family, there is no need to ask the forum and fear for the worst. Such actions can be avoided very simply.

Condom also very cheap lor. The pills can also get from the doctors. Just do something and stop worrying each time you had sex. If not, you deserve all the troubles.

icebaby0

Actually, there are some women who are pregnant but still have spotting or menses. But the % isn't high.

Smart Ass,
Unsure if you are really ignorant or you are just pushing some of the buttons here. But advise, do read up. If you are capable of logging and signing up as a member in a forum, I am sure you are able to surf the web to find out information.

Also if you are worried about getting pregnant, go get BCP (birth control pills) from the GP or Poly clinic. Either that, of get condoms which you can also get easily. If you are shy, ask someone else to buy them for you.

Hope this helps.

simpleman

smart ass,

you are not very smart, are you? sounded like a dumb ass to be.. sorry huh.. making fun of your nick..

Firstly, be sensible. Please arm yourself with more knowledge first..

If you are not married and not ready for baby, then you need protection. There are many ways.

My advice is that unless you can really trust the guy that you are making out with (but how can you tell right), it is also better to use condom at all times (even if you are on pills). don't be fooled by guys that tell you it is ok to do without condoms - if you are pregnant or got any disease, they are not going to be responsible.

vallous

smartass,

hai...for pregnancy...maybe you want to go to any national library and borrow books on pregnancy. Like sticky mouse said..SECONDARY 2 textbooks teaches them.

There will be no mentral for the 9 months. But some ppl tend to have spottings. It varies. DUH!

You have got so much to learn..wonder if you buy condoms..do you knw how exactly it supposed to be used or not on ur guy??

alcifertoh

You can have menses all the way till you give birth. That happens to someone I know. She was rather big size hence it was not obvious and she was having menses as regular. Till she was not feeling well went to see a doctor and the doc told her that she's expected to due a month later.

cuclainne

yes, you can but it's not so common.

oh my, she must be so surprised at the news - no time to react, one more month to go!

violac

hmmm i don't think that's actually menses, rather vaginal bleeding or caused by something else other than period (loose lining perhaps)... the period itself is already the condition of shedding unfertilised eggs away from the uterus, that cannot biologically happen if you are already pregnant.

regardless of spotting (which can be common) or actual bleeding it should always be brought to gynae's attention.

your poor friend didn't get a chance to enjoy her pregnancy!!

alcifertoh

Actually not my friend... My wife's student haha. But well not given birth and both mum and baby healthy. Happy for her.

And I think pregnancy quite suffering leh. Enjoy meh?

cuclainne

first 3 months is hell, after that quite nice leh .. hahahah ..

i told the husband that it felt quite strange to not be pregnant and he laughed, saying that since i was pregnant almost all the time since we've been married, of course i must have felt that way. :S

smartass

What is a forum? It a place for ppl to ask & get some feedback rite?!
for those that think i'm so ignorant, then treat it as ur did a gd deal to enlighten me, u could choose not to answer my Q, which u did not... anyway, thnks for those that answer me

miloice

a forum is a place to talk, discuss and exchange.
If u come in a ask question that reveals ones ignorance or laziness to verify yourself... DOESN'T it reflect alot on you? Exactly, in a forum, u will face with all kinds of comments.

smartass

It's seems like i've become the topic instead... anyway can't be bother with all those "personnal attack" on my ignorant...

jinnous

Smart Ass, you sound like a if-really-preggy teenage MTB. Are you?

And they have already answered your q, it varies from women to women, some might have spotting (its called spotting, not actually menses) thru out their pregnancy, some dun.

Look, if you are so worried about getting preggy, please use some form of contraceptive. Its the most basic thing to do. Condoms are sold everywhere. And if the guy refused to wear one, then ditch him! Obviously he doesn't care enuf for you!

sgbabydoll

Smart Ass, good that you are not accidentally pregnant. Actually, no one attacked you. It's simply mind boggling that in this information age, there are people who know how to use a discussion forum but don't bother to search for sex-related info readily available on the Internet.

otelle

Heard clearblue is very effective in preg testing. Within 1 week if your menses didnt came, it can detect if you are preg or not. Can get in most pharmacies.

amihappy

im really worried that i'm pregnant..sigh..menses should come on 16 nov but till now havent..it just won't come..sigh..test with pregnancy kit yesterday but its negative..perhaps too early to test..im so worried and stress...how to make menses come soon...sob

cuclainne

if you didn't want to be pregnant, you should have used contraceptives. i don't understand how some women lament about their periods being late, afraid they are pregnant when they should have used protection in the first place. hope you've learnt from this.

jendome

Hi Kristy,
Since u had tested urself and it show negative, maybe u are just worry too much and cause the delay.

Pregnancy kit is quite 99% accurate.

sgbabydoll

Kristy, you can go to your GP for medication to induce menses but I would only recommend this IF your menses is due a long time ago.

There was once my menses was late for more than three months and I knew it was due to the enormous stress that I was coping with. I decided not to take the hormones pill to induce menses but to let it come naturally.