Alphabetical topics

elovechat

Personally, I don't like the topics page. Got to search topics by topics. Are you able to do something like the MarketPlace where everything is by time sensitive? At least, it's easier to track.

snoozy

if i not wrong.. quite a number of members alr mentioned that long time ago. But then seen like the owner didnt take any action at all. I personally dont like search topics by topics too .. i prefer the latest thread on top, it much more easier.

Hope Chin Leng will look into this ..
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I'm sorry but I've explained before many times the reasons behind the current order. Occasionally, we do receive feedback regarding this concern. However, till date, we've many times more users who don't seem to mind the current format. As such, currently, the ordering format would remain.

In reality, we would hope to meet the wishes of every single user in terms of the ordering of the forum. However, that would take a lot of investment in terms of code rewrite and server CPU resources which all would cost financially. Until we can solve all the above, we have to make a decision which would benefit the majority instead. We are not backed by any big companies. Whatever we make, we make through the advertising revenue generated through the portal to sustain the services provided here. We also invest part of the revenue to develop other tools which we hope to unveil within the first half of this year.

We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

queenle

ya i agree go by time better . by alphabetical order its hard for me also . maybe shld go by time like which topic is the most active one to the least active one .

zuoom

o, thought i was the only one. haha.

so alpha ordering method is tops. ok, will work with that.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Blacksnow,

Sorry to hear that you feel this way. Essentially, this forum is for couples preparing for their wedding. Alphabetically arranged threads will be easier for users here to research on the venue and services they are interested in.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

superfamous

i think alot of people who are unhappy with the current way it's displayed also do not voice it out, so it may seem most are satisfied with it
happy.gif

btw, i do not think arranging it alphabetically is helpful in terms of research. you can simple use the ctrl+F function. for example, i assumed Marriot hotel to start under M and scrolled down there to take a look but the official thread is actually "Singapore Marriot Hotel" (which i guess is the official name, but who knows?). a simple ctrl+F "Marriot" is alot faster. same goes for alot of other topics. if someone is interested in looking for particular vendor, it is easier to google, search or do the ctrl+F method since there can be multiple threads.

at the same time, arranging by latest post would make checking the latest threads alot easier, since the current system only caters for up to 72 hours of new postings.

just my 2 cents
happy.gif

agag

Yes, it's rather inconvenience as I'll always need to go and the thread when its right down the at the list...

Since 'Matters of Heart' can be sorted by 'posting time', why can't 'wedding banquet', etc? Otherwise, no one will ever notice that something is being asked/posted and would be able to advise if they are not active members on that particular thread.

pinkpetter

I think it's good if the topics are shown with the latest posts on top.. then whenever we come back we can read the latest posts first...

kelvinkezz

this viewing by alphabetical order really s**kcs.

how about doing up an option to view by alphabetical order and by latest post?

xgeniex

Chin Leng, that's a very lame reason for not improving your website structure: "However, till date, we've many times more users who don't seem to mind the current format. As such, currently, the ordering format would remain." Do you mean if people stick around, then you don't improve your website?

This is the main reason that deters me from visiting your forum. If you want to prevent losing forumers, it is good to consider the complaints people have for posting order. Out of all the forums I have visited, local and overseas, this bridal forum is the worst. People stick around here, maybe because this is where most people are, and where they can get most replies. But if you don't improve, once something better comes along, there goes your visitor-ship.

I understand that you are not generating a lot of profit by maintaining the forum but you give answers like people like the alphabetical order and it is easier for people to search. Which good major forums like Hardwarezone, Flowerpod and Cozycot have alphabetic order? Why do they not use it? Shouldn't you do your research and thinking before coming up with reasons, sorry, excuses like that?

winsor

Is it possible to change the format to more toward topic based?

I do agree singapore bride is a good place to find stuff which we are not sure.

But every time when needed something. the users will need to hunt from A to Z over and over again.