Aloho Fairy Point 7 - ROM cum Dinner?

butterfly__bee

Hi everyone.. I'm new and lost here. Anyone had their ROM at the chalet b4? I'll like to have solemnisation followed by buffet dinner there, however there's alot of questions on my mind.

1. Caterers (halal) - any recommendations?
2. DIY Decor - how to go about it?
3. The sequence of events: morning tea ceremony followed by solemnisation (evening) n dinner at chalet - not so sure how the lunch comes in here?
4. How do I get started planning in the 1st place?!

posiedosie

hi Fen,
i'm also interested in having my AD there too. AD is Sept 20 2008, looking for caterers but preferably for sit down western dinner. Some Caterers like Four Seasons, Harvest Catering, Tung Lok all do halal as well, can check out their website..
As Fairy point 7 itself is alr very pretty, dun have to do much to it, perhaps you can just look ay doing up the guest tables, railings or hanging lanterns in the garden too.. I'm also thinking of how to start planning too haha but overall dun stress yourself out lar.. keep it fun and smile more!
happy.gif

dowellress

Hi Fen,

I'm going to have ROm @ Aloha Changi this Dec. Here is my list:
1. Caterer (Halal) : Qzin
2. DIY Deco: Fresh flower frm 85 bedok North Market.
3. Sequence of event: TBC
4. Start planning by booking of the Venue.

gracelourdes

hi all

dun want to sound stupid but then, i'm also tiking of doing my ROM in Aloha Changi...any pics of Fairy Point 7??

that means we can also get our own caterers and not have to use their own caterers?

elstrial

Hi Iris,
You will be having the ROM within the Fairy Point 7 bungalow itself, or you will be setting up tentage on the big lawn just behind the bungalow?

Hi Posie,
Just to ask whether have you sourced out on the tentage for your AD at Fairy Point 7? How much is your tentage setup?

Intend to have ROM & AD there as well. However tentage itself is going to cost alot, as what I have enquired from others.

posiedosie

Hi Elstrial, sorry to reply till now cos dun really follow the thread over here. I'm not intending to go for tentage. I called up to check with them (Aloha Changi) that we can book it under corporate booking. I.E we dun have to take up their wedding package and we can book per day at $420. Which is much cheaper than their 4k package. But their package includes tengtage and food i think. If you want, you can call them up to check futher
happy.gif

1 thing we're not going for tentage is that I like the open air and view hehe

reginahwz

Hello Fen! (",)My gf had her solemnisation at Fairy Point 7 and another at Changi Cottage. Both were wonderfully done!! Esp. since we had a lovely view of the sunset by the sea.Here's some answers to ur questions..hope it helps.

1. Caterers (halal) - any recommendations?
TRY PURPLE SAGE/HARVEST CATERING/LAVISH
2. DIY Decor - how to go about it?
U CAN CHECK OUT WEBSITES LIKE FRUGALBRIDES.COM FOR IDEAS
3. The sequence of events: morning tea ceremony followed by solemnisation (evening) n dinner at chalet - not so sure how the lunch comes in here?
WHY NOT HAVE AFTERNOON TEA CEREMONY, THEN SOLEMNISATION @ SUNSET THEN DINNER? THEN IT WON'T DRAG ON FOR TOO LONG...THERE'S A CONTINUOUS SEQUENCE.

4. How do I get started planning in the 1st place?!
GUESS U HAVE TO START OF BY FIXING A DATE & VENUE FIRST.

iwant

hi all,
I saw the pictures posted on aloha website and love the solemnization by the beach. However, I have been unable to get in touch with the person in charge. Anyone can help? I'm thinking of having my ROM there in July 08.

reginahwz

Regina (",) u can actually book the package etc online now. Or better yet, email them.... I recalled speaking to Christine/Christina abt it last year.

iwant

thanks regina.. hehe.. i've got in touch with a lady called ms rai... however, she is not very proactive... trying to meet her to settle this fast... are u also holding your wedding/ROM at aloha changi? how's your package?

jules80

hi starr_starr_17 (reginahwz) , any chance if you could share with me any information that you deemed is useful for me? we are also planning to have our wedding stuff in aloha bungalow too. Very much appreciated if you could provide me information such as pictures, quotation, important notes.
Also, any chance if its true that you cant hold any wedding in aloha during school holiday?
Btw, my email add: [email protected]

prisilia

hi all

i called Aloha but to dissapointed they told me i have to take up their solemnization package which is consider expensive for those type of place... ( i mean not hotel)... and we can't just rent the bungalow and set up our own. if they found out that we r holding solemnization there, they will charge us... is it true? anybody call them lately? frankly, I love the set up...

syps

I just called them this morning. We can actually do our own decor but we still have to take their catering for ROM events. Unless for normal chalet n bbq we can use our own catering. However if you have alot of guests, you can opt for 50 pax buffet from aloha and the rest from your own caterer.

I just realize that they dun allow weddings on PH and my ROM is on PH!! How??
Hm. Waiting for them to call me back. Which is taking a long time.

The lady also say they dun encourage booking of chalets for ROM through civil servant.
Cuz if caught there will be penalty.

syps

Hi everyone,

I just got the package from Aloha, they dun allow ROM on PH which is their SUPER PEAK.
However they do have many different F&B Packages ranging from S$18.90 - S$68. There will be rental fee for the chalet itself too, depending on which unit you are looking at.

The date we selected is actually a PH! 200909! Haiz. Therefore we are not allow to have our ROM there, officially. If we DIY with our own catering and book through civil servant, we will be penalized S$500 max. What do you all think?

Anyone holding their ROM at Aloha w/o declaring?
Email me pics too!
[email protected]

dianathomas83

i neeed pics too..anyone plse willing to share pics n the layout? my actual r.o.m date is on d 14 feb 2009..i need help n ideas..

ixoral

Hi all, i held my rom at 1 of aloha loyang's garden bungalow few months back. Everything went very well. hb and i had absolutely no regrets in holding our rom there. We had minimal deco except for the garden area where i placed the table and chairs for the ceremony. All my guests complimented on the venue.
happy.gif

I also booked thru civil servant. That time i was also worried abt any penalty issue. But when i called to check, the lady assured me that if i were to hold rom and bring in own caterer is still ok. Just that need to pay extra if u having tentage. That's all.

I guess as long as u'r not making alot of noise and not damage their property shd be fine.

cutesnoopy

hi,

i was planning on 20 Sep09 too. But Aloha rejected ours booking due to that day is public holiday. Anybody can help??

louisteo

Hi... Is this thread is active?
Just a "pandan" question to ask... Is this place "clean", as it is in Changi area? I love the scenic view, kinda interested to use Aloha as my ROM venue... but then there are few notorious "black spots" around changi bungalows... So quite scared of those "dirty" things around. Did you sprinkled water on the way in or anything?

gillian07

just need to check if i am thinking to hold my solmenisation on 1 dec. i only can book in 1 sep or 1 oct?

only 2 months or 3 mths in advance?

tks
gillian

anitas84

I m planning to have my indian engagement at FPC 7 in Dec 2009. Any suggestions? I hope they would allow bookings of the chalet by Sept..

helita

hEy Gals,
I tried bookign with FP7 recently but can't!
sad.gif
Told that i can only book 2months in advance... so gals try to book on time ..cos holiday time its really hard to get.... Am confused now... My ROM is on End nov... Got to look for caterers, gown.. oh god head spinning... Anita its unique and nice to have a indian engagement at FP7..congrats

kl_jl

Hi Helita,

For the booking of Aloha chalet, 2 months in advance is for Public, for 3 months in advance u have to ask civil servant to book for you...

helita

Hi KL_jL,
My fren triedm she is a civil servant but it seems they said its super peak period so can book onli 2 months in advance. But i ask her to try lah..hehehe see can or not..i scared it will be booked! AS for the checking in and check out any advice? Does she need to accompany for the check in & check out?

kl_jl

Hi Helita,

All along i know civil servant can book 3 months in advance regardless of whether is a super peak or normal day.. my sis always book 3 month in advance for CNY period...unless they change their rules & regulation... Your friend can authorise u to check in and check out on behalf so as long u bring her IC along...

BTW u booking which date?

ixoral

helita: agree with kl_jl. i booked under civil servant before. Also 3 months in advance. Not ballot, rather it's a matter of fastest fingers first online.
happy.gif
Your friend dont have to be there for the check in/out. Just need to bring her civil service card or ic along...

xiaodingtang

Anyone hold AD buffet lunch there?
I want to have a simple wedding and doesnt want to go thru all the hassle of the traditional wedding style. I quite like outdoor wedding.
Any advice or comment for a AD held in chalet?

TIA!

helita

hey babez, i could not book the chalet..its booked liao..so fast..we booked another place...the date is nearing ...gosh! I am finding for a wedding gown for rental and a VG any tips galz??

chocolatecrumbs

Those who had held their wedding in FPC7 in recent months: are there any problems with the authorities since they say no weddings are allowed?

I'll be holding mine on 29 dec and am having nightmares about not able to get through it successfully

perfectlove

Hi all,
this is my first posting here and am intending to hold my ROM at aloha. Can anyone help? Any experiences there and is it a must to declare?

can email me pictures and details in the preparations? [email protected]

chilliinketchup

Hey chocolatecrumbs,

Congrats on your marriage. I am sure u and ur husband had a wonderful day, from what I see in your slideshow.

The photos are very beautifully taken. May I know who your photographer is?

meiz

Hi Chocolatecrumbs

Your wedding decoration was so nice and sweet!

Especially the signage with you and your husband's name! And the bride and groom chair back tie. It was so romantic! Which florist did you use?