Aleenta Resort in Thailand

dottyback

hi sgwestie

thanx 4 sharing
happy.gif

beautiful plc isnt it? i surfed at the resort's site so many times n juz cant falling in love wif it! hope 2 go there tis yr hehe

juz a ques...izit dat ex?

jimmygo

hi serene,

yes, its definitely a beautiful place to stay in. in fact, aleenta was the place i wanted to stay in during my hua hin trip. but it was full and i stayed at evason instead.

the pricing is on the upper middle range as compared to the usual resorts. u may consider them in the same league as many Small Luxury Hotels (SLH).

marilyn_chh

hi all,

i went to aleenta too for my mini honeymoon last oct 04. Stayed at the penthouse. Here are some of the pictures on aleenta! The hospitality there is superb!!
happy.gif
You may PM if you have question on aleenta!

A picture of the penthouse suite ..
251581.jpg

zenn

Thanks marilyn!! I went to take a look when I was there but realised there issit any facilities n privacy at Aleenta?

greekgal

marilyn,
how much did u spend for the penthouse package? my fh and i are contemplating to visit aleenta for our next holiday trip. hear from you soon. thanks. =)

marilyn_chh

hi getting_married,
oops, hope i'm not too late..we booked straight with aleenta and i din take their package..just the penthouse suit for 3 nights/4 days and tranport to-fro from BKK..here's the charges

Suite Rate : 7,651 Baht net inc ABF / night
Van Transfer : 5,885 Baht net / round trip
Total charge of your room rate : 22,953 Baht net
Total charge of your total reservation : 28,838 Baht net

hi zenn,
i think only penthouse has some privacy..that's the reason why i booked penthouse in the 1st place..my last pix, the one with the atap roof is the penthouse..it's amazing staying there..every night the staff will come to your room to light scented oil...mmmm..and we had private dinner at our balcony every night! =)

zenn

Hi Marilyn,

You are temptin us again heee... so wats the total u spent in S$? But no facilities there rite? Everyday just hide urside ur room?

marilyn_chh

hi zenn,
before we go to aleenta, we actually stay 3 nights at BKK for shopping..heheh..then go aleenta for relax
happy.gif

we bought very cheap air-ticket - tiger airways. 2 way ticket for $318 including spore airport taxes. 3 nights at asia hotel for $150 for twin room with ABF.

we spent the most at aleenta cos i was thinking it's my honeymoon mah, so want to enjoy..so, i had massage every day. mind you, the massage was the most expensive thing there! think it's around $120 per massage..then everyday, we pigged out ..ordered so much food...in all, i think we spent abt $800-1K there..heheh...

well, even though there's nothing much to do there, the day just pass so fast.. it's basically a place to relax..

i had my massage in my penthouse over looking the ocean while listening to nora jones songs...heheh..we also went cycling around the place..u can even cycle to evasom..in the morning, we went kayaking...somehow u'll find things to do there lah...

all the prices quoted above is for 2 person..

zenn

Hi marilyn,
I also stayed in BKK b4 going to Hua Hin. Since all the way there rite hee Ya agreed that time passed by so fast when we were there. Dun even feel like going back :p

Btw, there is only one penhse suite rite which is the one on the highest? S$120 per massage per person? Is the food there x? Sorry for so many questions ya.

Hi sleepy,
Will email or upload the photos here tonite...

sleepysleep

thanx zenn =))

hehehe actually it was a love-at-1st-sight for me when i saw photos of aleenta from some email and went to search for the website few yrs ago hehee

hehehehe! but quite a waste if i dont stay @ bkk for few days? but it will be over-budget if i stay @ bkk..

zenn

Hi sleepy,

Errr.. I didnt stayed in Aleenta leh cos was fully booked so we went Evason instead. Very nice resort too and we had a private pool...

sleepysleep

oh zenn,
so paiseh.. but still wanna view ur nicenice pics.. ehhee is there any webbie for evason?
erm hows the rates? hehehe =P

marilyn_chh

zenn,
the masage is per person ard $120.. the food there is quite ok..reasonably price..may be like $20-30 for lunch for 2? it's really depending on what u order...i was really greedy..ordered lot of fun each time...

the last night we orderd lobster for dinner..paid around $40 plus but te lobster really big! i think the price is quite cheap liao..oh yeah, the food was really fresh =)

postpet2

Hi ladies,

i'm looking at Hua Hin for a short holiday as well and was wondering how did you all get the hua hin from bangkok?

Anyone tried to take their train?
if you all take car, how much you paid?

zenn

Hi post,
I am not v sure but I dun think you can book the transfer when you at BKK cos those resorts in Hua Hin are kinda ulu.

Mine was included in the package but if I did not remember wrongly, it cost as much as $5k baht.

Hi sleepy,
Ya 2 diff suites. What happened was when I booked fm spore, pool villa was fully booked so we took Beach Front. However, when we were there, they were pool villa available so we upgraded to pool villa on 2nd n 3rd nite. Total we spent around $2k for 2 person for flights, acccomodations in BKK n Evason and transfer.

alachew

Hi all,

after seeing all your pics,im shock!!!!\
So So...so nice plc! haha....i think this is the best plc for getting babys..hee....haha...:p.
Any idea where should i book the resort package from?

postpet2

Hi ladies,
i've got my tix to bkk already..
and i'm really thinking of booking aleenta.
But i've got quotes for ocean view suite only.
anyone stayed in ocean view suite?

as i'm trying to plan my itenerary, how long is the jouney from BKK airport/city to hotel?

is aleenta very far from hua hin town?
is hua hin town worth going?

sorry, so many qn...but would really appreciate you gals' advise

postpet2

oh yes, Alan,

Travel Haven(travel agency) does tie up with aleenta.
package is $968 for 3N stay inclusive of trf and airtix.

but i think if book direct from hotel and get cheaper tix from budget airlines might be cheaper. that's what i'm doing now.

alachew

hi all,
By taking the package from tour agent or book straight from the resort ,which 1 is the best and cheap??

thks!

alachew

hi postpet2,

it's easy to book a air ticket to BBK and resort but how do i book the transport after i reach there?Sorry,me very sotong!hee..

thks

postpet2

erm smartiess, that's my question as well.
from what i had gathered, the journey from BKK airport to hua hin is quite long..think its a couple of hours. the hotel has transfers to offer at a price. For aleenta, its quite ex i think. so was wondering if i can book it from the airport kind instead..
need the experts in this thread to enlighten us lor.. you not sotong lah...me first time to hua hin too.

alachew

Oh! now i get it.
Yupz plan to go after my ROM loh...havent decide where to go yet. So what is ur advice which resort to go? the aleenta 1 look great!

zenn

Hi Alan,
Can I ve ur email?

Hi postpet & smartiess,
Smartiess, think postpet has ans all ur queries.

Postpet, from what I understand there is no transport from airport but perhaps what you can do is try ur luck when you are there. If really dun ve, you book the transfer when you are there?

Fm BKK airport to BKK city is around 30min. Fm BKK city to Hua Hin is around 3 to 3.5hrs. I didn't go to Hua Hin town as I was told it sells similar stuff as wat you can get from BKK.

postpet2

Thanks zenn..
Actually the resorts that i'm considering like Aleenta and evason got trf which i can pay for. Was wondering if its cheaper if i get it at the airport.
seems like no choice...

marilyn_chh

hi all,
hope i'm not too late..the journey from BKK to aleenta takes abt 3-4 hours.. it's that long..

also, aleenta is quite ulu and deep in..going to huahin town a bit far, probably take 1/2 hour drive. not possible to cycle there..

there's a journal book in each suite and make sure you read the one in your room.. very fun! and we din go to huahin town after reading the comments from previous guests -- the comment, nothing much to see..so, instead, we spent time cycling around and kayaking..
happy.gif

ash_

hi! this thread has been quiet for awhile.. anyone planning a trip to Aleenta soon? just booked my package n so relieved to be able to get the dates i want cos i noe they're often fully booked!

anyway, wanna ask for some advice here.. have booked for 4nites. is it too long? tks!

marilyn_chh

hi ashie,
are you a nuah person or the active type?? aleenta is basically for rest and relax and to recharge..3 or 4 nites will be just nice for those who like to "nuah" ..hehe...

ash_

hi marilyn,

thanks for your reply!! i thot no one ever visits this thread anymore so didnt chk it until now.. hehe
biggrin.gif

hmm.. i also dunno wat type i am.. depends on my mood.. hahaha... hey u been there is it?? any tips to share? is it really as beautiful as the pics on the website?? i cant wait to get there to see for myself!!

oh yah.. n and hua hin town worth exploring? cos my package consists of a day trip there but i can opt to stay back in the hotel for a lil picnic lunch... which sounds absolutely enticing!!
happy.gif

marilyn_chh

hi ashie,
spa is expensive in aleenta..usually 100+ for a 1.5 hours massage! since it was my honeymoon i just indulge in it lah...hehe...

i was staying at the penthouse and they came to my room to do the massage! very shiok! turned on some jazz music, enjoyed the cooling seabreeze and sounds of waves while they massage me..hehe...i had massage every single day!

mmm, we did not explore huahin town as it was very far away and we read from the journals written by ex-guests that there's nothing much there..we cycled to evasom to check out the hotel..
happy.gif

which type of room did you book? the beach suite is beautiful but we booked the penthouse cos we want privacy..

i think the sea is not going to be crystal clear cos it's the end of monsoon when you go there... prepare to see lots of dead jelly fishes wash up to the shore!

hey, pm me if you want to see more of aleenta ok?

catleow

hihi....

can anyone help?

I am checking a better deal for the transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin Aleenta. Any recommendation? I was quote 11182 baht from Aleenta directly.

melodie

hi catherine

i'm trying to source for transfer to hua hin fr bkk too...

was thinking of renting a car with driver to drive us up to hua hin or take a train...

hmm... any advice, anyone?

marilyn_chh

catherine,
are you sure Aleenta charges you 11182 for 2 way transfer?? They charged me only TB5885 for a van.

Melodie,
i think taxi was abt TB2000 for 1 way from the virtual tourist forum.